[Drama 2018] Investigation Couple/Partners for Justice 검법남녀

larus

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost died when I saw Oh Man-seok(ie) as the new prosecutor.  He is such a wonderful actor and I have missed him so much.  He will bring so much to the screen as the new prosecutor.  His assistant is also a real life comedian and is playing "serious" really well.  I love O.M.S. and am so, so happy with the writers and casting staff of this drama.

Dr. Beom's storyline is about to get complicated when his ex-g/f wakes up from a coma.  Prosecutor Kang is investigating what happened.  Tsk, tsk on the dad and his reasons for keeping the secret.

I enjoy the vignettes and Cheon Mi-ho's undercover investigations (a million and one disguises), Stella Hwang (finally someone who studied in the States who speaks proper English), Ko Kyu Pil (Dr. Beom's richard simmons't) and of course my vice Lee Yi-kyung who is so adorable in every role he plays.  I will continue to enjoy Investigation Couple/Partners for Justice) and hope you guys also.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:10 AM, Maracarrero said:

I almost died when I saw Oh Man-seok(ie) as the new prosecutor.  He is such a wonderful actor and I have missed him so much.  He will bring so much to the screen as the new prosecutor.  His assistant is also a real life comedian and is playing "serious" really well.  I love O.M.S. and am so, so happy with the writers and casting staff of this drama.

It is a cool guess star role. I just hope we`ll have a spin-off with prosecutor Do Ji han and his grumpy investigator in the lead roles. Ad the funny forensic team... :lol:

On 7/15/2018 at 5:37 AM, _ajakajak_ said:

what happen? a new prosecutor? is prosecutor kang has been suspended?

Prosecutor Kang has resigned but we`ll see him in the drama until the end. He just took a vacation after his story arc ended. I think he will tell to Baek Beom the "secret" (I tried to avoid spoilers^_^) unless his father will tell him first. The new prosecutor linked the final case. 

Spoiler

201807162247779771_5b4ca62588e19.jpg

1S23VH0DB2_1.jpg

Spoiler

ok, i am confused! so did tat abusive CEO person died or wat? the ending just so weird.

my take on this drama: quite engaging, esp for Dr Baek and his forensics team, since they are carrying the bulk of the drama. as for the prosecuting team, the late addition of new prosecutor is a refreshing change as they bring more to the table.

as for the female lead, Jung Yu Mi ( am watching this for her), her character did grow from a little sheltered girl to someone who is willing to stand up for her beliefs but the character is over-shadowed by the forensics team and her having a good memory recall does not bring much to the team. a bit disappointed for JYM as an actress as she seems to be taking on rather similar roles. hope that she will break out of this stereotype. although i am not her hardcore fan, think she only had one villain role in Rooftop Prince, else she is  mostly acting as rich innocent girl.

for male lead, Jung Jae Young, 1st time watching him and he IS DR Baek! very nicely portrayed and loved how he bring out every little details of the autopsy . will be looking out for him and his works.

the irritating fact is how corrupted the justice system is, bowing to the riches while pressuring the poor. am not korean or familiar with their judical system but for once i would like to see the investigating team (police or wat not) have ideas or say and not be led around.

if there is a season 2, pls have the original Dr Baek and forensics team + the new prosecutor Ko + Prosecutor Kang. as for prosecutor Eun, let her step up and not play 2nd fiddle to the m

I haven't log in for a long time here but can't help but rant:

WTH is the cliff hanger at the end? I need that droopy-eye bad guy to be behind bars! He killed 2 more person (drivers in the accident) to get himself freed.

And korean drama needs to stop having a female lead character that is too cheerful about privacy stomping. The lead male and female do not always need to become a couple. They can be friend who respect each other's privacy.

Overall, this drama is considered the best one I watched for this year (so far). The first case was really unexpected and twisted. But because this is 16 episodes they kind of rushed with the Wuseong Serial Killer case. I thought it would be a very suspenseful investigation.

Is the rating for this drama considered good? I know we shouldn't judge a drama by rating, but if the rating is no good, chances is we won't get Season 2. I would hate the cliff hanger to hang there forever.

1 hour ago, ilmare said:

ok, i am confused! so did tat abusive CEO person died or wat? the ending just so weird.

No he didn't. His father tells him to "go to die" means on papers, he has to die. So they fake his death to avoid capture. Chances are he will have to stay dead, until his father manages to buy all the prosecutor, judges etc to ensure he won't be convicted. Then they will   Tada... he's still alive and found not guilty.

gosh i missed this drama already ...i luv all episodes of this drama and can't get enough of it ...suprise suprise i didn't expect there will be a season 2 but yeahh and can't wait for it ...hope they will keep both lead oh well i want all those in the investigation team retain for 2nd season...oh man seok was good hope he will be in for 2nd season...hope season 2 will be soon hahahha thats how much i enjoyed watching this drama ...now i am gonna dig other drama of Dr Baek..:P

“Partners For Justice” Finale Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

Partners-for-Justice-Wok-of-Love.jpg
MBC’s “Partners for Justice” has ended with a bang!
According to Nielsen Korea, not only did the drama’s July 17 finale take first place in its time slot across all channels, but it also saw the program’s highest viewership ratings yet. The final broadcast of “Partners for Justice” scored average ratings of 7.7 percent and 9.6 percent nationwide for its two parts.

so, that's it? a cliffhanger... i'm hoping for a 2nd season and of course with the original forensic team and female lead and his team and the new prosecutor with his right handman.. and hoping for a 2nd season to air soon B)

I really liked this procedural show and i am glad that the Korean audience liked it too. Not only they promised it will be a second season but how they end it was obvious that they want to make another season. I loved all the characters and I wish the new prosecutor Do Ji Han (Oh Man seok) will be a part of the new show. I was so happy when he appeared in the finale episodes. :P

8 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

No he didn't. His father tells him to "go to die" means on papers, he has to die. So they fake his death to avoid capture. Chances are he will have to stay dead, until his father manages to buy all the prosecutor, judges etc to ensure he won't be convicted. Then they will   Tada... he's still alive and found not guilty.

kinda of expecting it, the usual "death" solution in kdrama land. somehow i would have like him to go jail since he was in the 1st case and end the drama with him donning the prison suit.

11 hours ago, ilmare said:

a bit disappointed for JYM as an actress as she seems to be taking on rather similar roles. hope that she will break out of this stereotype. although i am not her hardcore fan, think she only had one villain role in Rooftop Prince, else she is  mostly acting as rich innocent girl.

It seems that you absolutely don't know JYM's filmography. Yumi doesn't play the stereotypical role of rich girls. In "Six flying dragons" she played a spy and a murderer who was raped as a child. In the "mother's garden" she played  a humiliated and insulted "icon of patience". In "Master: God of Noodles," she was an orphan, who killed the director of the orphanage in her youth, and when she grew up she became a prosecutor. In "Maids" she was rich woman who became a slave. And I can give you many more examples. What stereotype are you talking about?

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2018 at 10:55 PM, kamozya said:

It seems that you absolutely don't know JYM's filmography. Yumi doesn't play the stereotypical role of rich girls. In "Six flying dragons" she played a spy and a murderer who was raped as a child. In the "mother's garden" she played  a humiliated and insulted "icon of patience". In "Master: God of Noodles," she was an orphan, who killed the director of the orphanage in her youth, and when she grew up she became a prosecutor. In "Maids" she was rich woman who became a slave. And I can give you many more examples. What stereotype are you talking about?

^ Gosh, JYM in SFD is not innocent at all. I consider that one of the most major deviations I've ever seen in an actress. Granted I didn't like her character, but she was good at it.

Hehe but I'm rooting for a season two! Though the ending was a little flip-floppy I expect wholeheartedly a season 2 that will tie up those ends.

The Sunbae did irritate me at the beginning, but I honestly appreciate how he came to realise his mistakes. Somehow I feel like korean dramas rarely have that - they have the 2nd lead being absolutely humiliated in front of the female lead and the male lead. But in this case, Kang Hyun ends up very solemnly realising that he's been emotional and wrong. That's good, but I would have much preferred his character redemption to be earlier. And minus some of the family drama with Han So Hee... maybe it's a little cold (hehe like that autopsy table) but I don't think she had that much of an emotional connection to Baek Beom. That triangle complication took up too much time :( 

And we didn't get to see Prosecutor Do and Eun work more together to actually grab and prosecute the chaebol kid. For now I content myself with thinking that he died. (Hah, come S2 and surprise! he didn't)

Eun Sol in ep 1 was unnecessarily blur, I have to admit I was surprised when they didn't wear the covers and gloves and stuff, uh, but I mean since for them blood poisoning sets in less than 30 minutes... I"ll just let that slide. For the rest of it, I was intrigued by a new aspect to criminal-medical dramas.

Still looking forward to a new season and more application of Eun Sol's reading of people. Someday I need to find out if people can be so emotional in court, but I thought it was beautiful, the way she riled the chaebol kid up. On point

Archived