• Last Reply

Premiere Watch: Investigation Couple

by girlfriday

Investigation Couple

premiere_investigation.jpg

Time slot: Monday & Tuesday
Broadcaster: MBC
Genre: Crime procedural
Episode count: 32 (half-hour episodes, 16 hours total)

Reasons to watch: This is a forensic investigation procedural that promises hard-hitting crime and no romance, so I think that pretty much says it all to help you decide whether it’s in your wheelhouse. Veteran actor Jung Jae-young is probably the biggest reason to watch this, since he’s got a meaty antihero role as a geeeeenius medical examiner who’s obsessed with his work and completely insensitive to everything else around him. Jung Yumi (of Bravo My Life and Six Flying Dragons) co-stars as the rookie prosecutor who has to deal with his idiosyncrasies to solve her cases. This comes from PD Noh Do-chul of Ruler–Master of the Mask, General Hospital 2, and Soulmate, among others. That’s kind of a mixed bag and the less said about Ruler–Master of the Mask, the better, so hopefully the crime procedural is more his thing.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/05/premiere-watch-investigation-couple-come-here-and-hug-me/

On 5/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, larus said:

Jung Yumi (of Bravo My Life and Six Flying Dragons) co-stars as the rookie prosecutor who has to deal with his idiosyncrasies to solve her cases.

:grimace: checking out this drama coz of LYK but now i am enjoying the plot. Oh i like this female lead's character - smart n quirky.  (Looks cute too haahaa)

Found this making in IG:

Cto

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Investigation Couple 검법남녀 - Mon&Tue @ 22:00 PM KST

Did the director improved by ep 3? The scene transitions are jerky and he does order a lot of close ups. The directing is driving me mad and I am only in ep 2. Does he really have to have the camera person walk, have all those too close camera scenes then the jerky pan out movements? It doesn't not feel procedural it feels like amateur  cinematography.

The actual autopsy parts are not very informative. Baek Beom is very showy and they didn't really show the autopsy as it is done. 

Can't quite put my finger on this drama. I do hope the procedural parts becomes better. Because the female lead is acting kid of dumb. I am in episode 2. Like who doesn;t know the basics to a crime scene. Plus she does not know the procedures. I was hoping that this would a real and tense drama.

Can't they make the autopsy room brighter or less showy? This is Seoul if I know big cities there has to be more than 1 coroner on duty. Plus it has too many fancy gadgets for a govt agency. The cliches are too cliche.

His office? How many years of backlogged files can there be on his desk. Once a case is reported he doesn't keep the notes anyway because notes are handed over to the prosecutor. Or filed. Just putting piles of paper as props in the coroner's office does not imply a busy coroner. It just gives a feel that the room is untidy. If he is so meticulous he won't have so many case notes piled up.

Somebody please tell me the procedural parts gets better by episode 3 right? Those autopsy tables have drains to drain off the blood and there are preservative/ formalin smells in the room. Unlike hospital and theatre tables, it is different sleeping in the mortuary with multiple dead bodies in the drawers. Plus it is just ewww sleeping on the table. No amount of disinfection will remove the smell. Plus your eyes hurt from being exposed to those chemicals. It is not glamourous like the director makes it to be. Or is it the writer? Seriously which insane writer thinks that the staff really, absolutely get rid of all the blood from the drainage area underneath the table?

The director really has to stop with the close up shots, it is making me nauseated to the point where it is hard to watch. Plus the camera bops up and down like a variety show filming. Does he normally direct his dramas like that?

@ck1Oz, I agree with everything you wrote. The prosecutor lady is very unbelievable! She wasn't a lawyer fresh from law school right? Being overly emotional in court and getting distracted when the witness/ evidence didn't swing her way... Poor character and poor performance!

I am giving my 4 episode 'to drop or not to drop' rule.

I like the premise and hopefully we will see more cooperation between the Forensics and Prosecution Team.

I assume that the BIG case from Ep 1 will be the ongoing case throughout the drama since I Prosecutor Sol is not going to let this go.

And now a new case? Hmmm...

PS. Me not really liking this 2 episode in 1 format. WHY WHY WHY?

It makes the episode feel slower or was that the point?

SIGH...

On 5/17/2018 at 4:09 PM, Dramanoona said:

I am giving my 4 episode 'to drop or not to drop' rule.

I like the premise and hopefully we will see more cooperation between the Forensics and Prosecution Team.

I assume that the BIG case from Ep 1 will be the ongoing case throughout the drama since I Prosecutor Sol is not going to let this go.

And now a new case? Hmmm...

PS. Me not really liking this 2 episode in 1 format. WHY WHY WHY?

It makes the episode feel slower or was that the point?

SIGH...

I'm gonna wait for your verdict on this. I'm really not feeling the prosecutor and how she's emotional and goes inside the crime scene and touches the body without GLOVES! And she even lied down on the table. Where dead bodies are placed for autopsy. Hmmm...I dunno. 

Archived