[Drama 2018] Secret Mother 시크릿마더

larus

A selfie of Song Yoona and Kim Tae Woo who play a married couple in drama Secret Mother.

A child actress maybe the actress who will play the protagonist`s daughter.

Her comment

Waiting and waiting
# I have been shooting drama ^ ^
# Thank you for the opportunity
I will work hard #
# Watch it 
♡♡♡

Another kid uploaded a picture. He has the second episode script.

I really hope we`ll have some pictures, a teaser or even the pictures from the first script reading. It is about time. I thought that it is just the network`s style but I see that other SBS drama that airs in the same week have a better promotion. Reading all the information I got excited by to watch that drama. I will remain optimistic and believe that tomorrow we`ll get some news too. I hope they are ready for broadcast, they are not late shooting.

I heard they had the poster shooting today.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supporting cast news. Finally!

Actor Min Sung-wook has confirmed his appearance on SBS new weekend drama 'Secret Mother' (writer Hwang Yejin, director Yong Soon Park).

2018041709292998366-540x762.jpg

'Secret Mother' is a mystery thriller drama about the story of what happens when a surrogate mother of a question enters the house of a woman who has a secret in her child's death. It is based on the experience of entering a child into a prestigious college, and deals with the subject of an 'entrance surrogate mother' who receives money and is responsible for the assignment of other children.

Min Sung-wook plays the senior executive of a large company, 'Chung Sung-hwan.' Jung Sung-hwan goes through a single mistake to get married to his wife, but lives in a so-called couch-married couple who do not divorce for their children. There is a growing interest in how the character of Chung Sung Hwan in this situation will be presented in the play. (Google translation)

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1471709

Filming at a store with Song Yoona and a child actor.

One of Kim So yeon`s makeup artist team uploaded a picture saying that she had a shooting today. Seeing Soyeon in red and with that hairstyle I thougt she did the poster shooting.

Lisa Kim is red?... Not very subtle hint. :wink:

Another suporting cast uploaded a picture.

The picture had a commnet :The first drama in 9 years .

I don`t recognize the actress. Little by little, we`ll find the whole cast indeed. :)

I I have identified the actress. Her name is Ji An and her last drama was MBC Strike Love ( 2009), She appered in movies like Horror Stories 3 (2016), Deep Trap (2015),  The Way (2017).

1 hour ago, larus said:

Little by little, we`ll find the whole cast indeed.

The child actor is Kim Ye-Joon who was in many kdramas. He was in drama Wanted, directed by Park Yong-Soon (who is the PD of Secret Mother too).

The child actress is Choi Narin, who will play the daughter of Song Yoon Ah and Kim Tae-woo in the drama. Her mother confirmed in her Instagram post. 

Kang Sang-Won, Ji An will also appear in the drama.

Min Sung-wook and  Seo Young-Hee are better known and have lot of projects on their filmography.

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Thanks with all the updates. I'm getting that SBS  Defendant vibe to this one.. in terms of mystery thriller feelz. Waiting.

It could be. There will be also a daughter who was presumed dead but in the end she will appear. I suspect that the protagonist`s daughter is alive in Secret Mother.  She was kidnaped. Let me guess more... the nanny is the one who kidnaped the daughter to be her daughter (Secret Mother!!!!) or it is revenge?  I`m looking forward to see how the writer will explain the situation if this is the plot but I could guess that too.:) They usually make the villian deranged.  I wish the writer will surprise us with something different,  a fresh plot, something that is not easy to guess. And I still hope we`ll have the womance they promised.  Either way, fingers crossed for a good mystery drama.

@dsgam95: I see that you quote my post earlier but did not writer anything. I assume you wanted to quote just a part but did not know how to do it. You are new to Soompi so I can guide you if you want help. If it is not the case, ignore my post.

When you quote a post, you should deleate the pictures from that post (it is one of Soompi`s rules). If you want to quote just a small part from the post, you should select that part and a small tag will appear (saying Quote this).

When you want to mention someone in your post, write the name after “At” sign key ex: @name and the name will be selected easier. 

I think it is harder to do that from a smarthphone.:)

2 hours ago, larus said:

The child actor is Kim Ye-Joon who was in many kdramas. He was in drama Wanted, directed by Park Yong-Soon (who is the PD of Secret Mother too).

The child actress is Choi Narin, who will play the daughter of Song Yoon Ah and Kim Tae-woo in the drama. Her mother confirmed in her Instagram post. 

Kang Sang-Won, Ji An will also appear in the drama.

Min Sung-wook and  Seo Young-Hee are better known and have lot of projects on their filmography.

It could be. There will be also a daughter who was presumed dead but in the end she will appear. I suspect that the protagonist`s daughter is alive in Secret Mother.  She was kidnaped. Let me guess more... the nanny is the one who kidnaped the daughter to be her daughter (Secret Mother!!!!) or it is revenge?  I`m looking forward to see how the writer will explain the situation if this is the plot but I could guess that too.:) They usually make the villian deranged.  I wish the writer will surprise us with something different,  a fresh plot, something that is not easy to guess. And I still hope we`ll have the womance they promised.  Either way, fingers crossed for a good mystery drama.

@dsgam95: I see that you quote my post earlier but did not writer anything. I assume you wanted to quote just a part but did not know how to do it. You are new to Soompi so I can guide you if you want help. If it is not the case, ignore my post.

When you quote a post, you should deleate the pictures from that post (it is one of Soompi`s rules). If you want to quote just a small part from the post, you should select that part and a small tag will appear (saying Quote this).

When you want to mention someone in your post, write the name after “At” sign key ex: @name and the name will be selected easier. 

I think it is harder to do that from a smarthphone.:)

honestly , i am not familiar with using soompi but i often come in and enjoy reading all of you guys posts .Thank you for ur guideline @laurus and btw i am one of Sso big fan ,!!I joined this thread to support her and as well as drama .Hope for teaser and others news as Jang hkyuk and jung ryeon won drama that will air 5days ahead of Secret mother just released its teasers and script reading ! drama teams need to promote it ASAP 

2 hours ago, dsgam95 said:

honestly , i am not familiar with using soompi but i often come in and enjoy reading all of you guys posts .Thank you for ur guideline @laurus and btw i am one of Sso big fan ,!!I joined this thread to support her and as well as drama .Hope for teaser and others news as Jang hkyuk and jung ryeon won drama that will air 5days ahead of Secret mother just released its teasers and script reading ! drama teams need to promote it ASAP 

Nice to meet another SSo fan!  Come to Soyeon`s thread to talk/ read more about her.

Yes, the other SBS drama has a better promotion. They have an official page at SBS site, they released the scrip reading pictures, have two teasers.

I remember about Two Weeks drama promotion. We were just joking that they started to release the materials two weeks before the broadcast to match the title. This time they have to be secretive about the whole drama. :lol: It is alright, I can wait as long the script/ drama doesn`t dissapoint. I just hope they are on schedules and be ready.

Let see if tomorrow we`ll have something...

I forgot to mention that I read on Viki that this drama will end on June 30, so it lasts 16 weeks (16 long episodes)

Pictures from shooting.  I think someone from the filming staff uploaded those pictures and commented that we are working very hard and it is a lot of hardship. . She tagged  #Song Yoon Ah # Kim So Yeon # Kim Tae Woo

I like the neighbourhood where they are filming. The blosson trees are beautiful too. :wub:

A fashion-stylist probably who works with Secret Mother team, uploaded some pictures saying that it is the  Secret Mother poster shooting scene.

I wonder if this is the concept of the poster. Two women silhouettes, face to face in front of the big house. The other cast are surprised in different poses. The pictures are black and white.  Anther one shows a woman in dark red ( the nanny) is coming to the house with a yellow hand trolley luggage. I like the concept. It`s mysterious.  I can`t wait to see the final results. 

Lisa Kim is wearing red and black, a not so subtle way to tell us that she is dangerous. She is a foxy lady?:)

Secret Mother first shoot

But where is the red dress and the yellow hand trolley luggage from the poster idea? I wish they kept some colors in this drama.

Spoiler

tumblr_p3z3mggYB81sdd1ivo5_r1_500.png

From filming

Song Yoona and the child actor (probably Kim Ye-Joon )

I am surprised. So, the protagonist`s son is not a teenager. I thought Lisa Kim will be the person who is training the students to go to college/ university. It was hard for me to understand the need to hire such person (who will come to the house) to prepare someone for university but now, it is less understandable. Maybe because the child is very young, the nanny is coming to their house. We`ll see how it goes.

SBS new weekend special project <Secret Mother> finished casting 7 major cast to Song Yoona, Kim So Yeon, Kim Taewoo, Song Jae-rim, Seo Younghee, Kim Jae-hwa, Oh Yeon-A

l_2018041902000891500187711.jpg

Secret Mother is  scheduled to be broadcast after the "Good Witch", which is a War Mans thriller with an academic surrogate mother coming into the home of Gangnam  family over the education of their son. It is a secret friendship of two women and the crisis will unfold unexpectedly.

Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoona) has a son who has lower grades in elementary school. She is a meticulous planman who moves in accordance with input programming. However, unlike a perfect plan and a full will, she will realize that she lacks strategy and her life will change as a surrogate mother enters her home.

Kim So yeon is in charge of the surrogate mother Lisa Kim (Eun - young). Lisa Kim is a 100% confidence-wise surrogate mother who has a clear and straight-forward image and a clear sense of responsibility. However, in fact, Kim Yoon-jin's employee, surrogate mother is Kim Eun-young, who is posing as Lisa Kim, and Kim Eun-yong intentionally approaches Kim Yoon-jin as a sister in the nursery school to find her sister's whereabouts.

Kim Tae-woo, play the role of elite police officer Han Jae-yeol. In the play, Han Jae-yeol is a good gentleman who gives a good impression to anyone. He is a good gentleman and he has a good interpersonal relationship. However, when he deals with the perpetrator, he has a double charm with 180 degrees of different appearance.

Song Jae -Rim takes on the role of detective Hae Jung - wan and makes a fateful relationship with Kim Yoon Jin (Song Yoon - ah). He is blunt and who moves forward on his own accord, he seams contemplative but he goes straight to the end when he starts once.

Seo Young-hee,  Kim Jae-hwa, Oh Yeon-A  will play Gangnam moms who want to raise their children as the best in the world.
(Google translations)

http://sports.khan.co.kr/sports/sk_index.html?art_id=201804191004003&sec_id=540101

We have news!!!!! The major characters have been released. We don`t find new information but we know more about the nanny.

Kim Yoon Jin has a son in the elementery shool and he has poor grades so that`s the reason she decides that he needs an "academic surrogate mother"  (I use this term because in my mind a surrogate mother is something else:wink:). And that`s how Lisa Kim is entering her home. 

Lisa Kim is not who she pretends to be. Her name is Kim Eun Young and she intentionally approaches KimYoon Jin because she wants to find her sister. (I don`t know if I understood corectly). She believes that Kim Yoon Jin is her sister?

We have other moms who want the best education for their children.

Hope for  better translations.

@larus surrogate mother  story.... why do I feel  character is going to be obsessed.. to the point of being scary.  I like dark psycho for  a  female lead role. I usually would see those type in jdrama. It's good that female characters doesn't just become the usual ones we see.

1 hour ago, jongski said:

@larus surrogate mother  story.... why do I feel  character is going to be obsessed.. to the point of being scary.  I like dark psycho for  a  female lead role. I usually would see those type in jdrama. It's good that female characters doesn't just become the usual ones we see.

The "surogate mother" story is shady, indeed. Of course they have not revealed much because it is a mystery drama after all. They had to have a reason why a woman will enter the house. Now they say that Lisa Kim wants to find her sister's whereabouts. In the beginning they said that Kim Yoon Jin`s husband recommended her so that made a suspisious about both the nany and husband. Now, the sure fact is that the nanny will hide her true identity and has an ulterior motive to enter the house. We`ll see why.

I have mixed feelings about the dark phycho female character. To enjoy such story, the drama has to be wery well writtten. I like jdramas in general so, if this kdrama can make the same vibe , I am all for it. But I will be disapointed if Secret Mother is like KBS2 Perfect Wife (2017) for exemple.  The last half of the drama was, for me, a torture to finish. The only noticable part for me was to watch Jo Yeo-jeong`s acting but the drama as a whole I disliked it. I always prefer a multidimensional villain. Even if they make Lisa Kim the villain, I wish the writer will humanizes her. I want to see a womance in this show. 

The production company The Story Works worked on Perfect Wife as well but I wish Secret Mother to be more like The Village: Achiara's Secret. (JMO)

I see that from all 7 major characters they announced today in the article, we`ll have four mother, a father who wants the best education for their children and a "surrogate mother" who will help them enter a good shool. Only a detective is outside of this circle, but he is lurking around them, as he is investigating a mystery. I will stop assuming further, I will wait to see how the stroy will unfold. :)

KOCOWA will be subbing some dramas in May and Secret Mother is one of them.

Another platform other than Viki will translate Secret Mother. "Unlike Viki's subtitling technology that crowd-sources subtitle translations under a Creative Commons license[4] Kocowa's content is translated and subtitled by a certified translation team." Wikipedia

I found a better translation for the new information of Secret Mother.

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] "Secret Mother" Completes Cast Lineup, Reveals New Information

By Vasia Orion on 2018/04/19 at 17:45 PST

2018/04/19 | 215 views | Permalink

The main bulk of the cast for "Secret Mother" has been completed, and although news has been reporting on things we already know quite a lot, we get some surprising twists this time around, as well as some quick descriptions for the new faces on board. It looks like some of the basics we've known are changing.

Kim Yoon-jin's (Song Yoon-ah) description has been enriched a little, and it explains some of the filming photos I have been seeing on Instagram. Kim Yoon-jin is a full time mother who is absolutely dedicated to her elementary school aged son's education and the reversal of his falling grades. She is a meticulous, thorough planner and always acts according to the program. However, she acknowledges that despite her perfect planning, she lacks the strategy and know-how for the task at hand. Thus enters the education caretaker who will change her life.

Said caretaker, Lisa Kim, has a straightforward and reliable image, as previously described. The change here is that she is actually Kim Eun-young using Lisa Kim as an alias, rather than someone who simply has a Korean and a foreign name. She takes on this identity to find someone who was like a sister to her when they grew up in an orphanage. My question is, if Yoon-jin's very young son is not being prepared for college already, what is "Lisa Kim's" role? Also, if the latter is looking for her sister, how could she be found in that household? Could it be Yoon-jin herself she has doubts about?

The "Gangnam Mom" trio are Seo Young-hee, Kim Jae-hwa and Oh Yeon-ah. Seo Young-hee is Kang Hye-kyung, a native of Daechi-dong in Gangnam, which is a very affluent neighborhood. She transforms into a "Gangnam Mom" who is in constant pursuit of culture and perfection. Kim Jae-hwa plays Myung Hwa-sook, a "Devil Mom" who only made it to Gangnam after hitting the jackpot with stocks, and whose goal is putting her child in an international school.

Oh Yeon-ah plays Song Ji-ae, a gorgeous woman who outshines her own child, and wants to raise them to become the best in the world, giving her the title "Desire Mom".

More

https://www.hancinema.net/orion-s-daily-ramblings-secret-mother-completes-cast-lineup-reveals-new-information-117815.html

From Orion`s translation we found out that Kim Eun Young uses the name Lisa Kim and she is looking for the one who was like a sister when they grew up in an orphanage. Where I heard about the same plot?:wacko: Face palm. Why the need to change the name? I don`t get it. It`s revenge? Obsession? Why? I hope it is not something contrived to create a different identity and a mystery.

I forgot that Kim Yoon Jin was from a wealthy family and she won`t be the person she is looking for. Unless she was adopted by that wealthy family and Kim Eun Young was left behind. She faced hardship? I kind of guess where the plot is possible going now.

@larus

Thank you so much for all of your updates!

For the promotion,

I think they will start promoting soon. Since Song Jae Lim was also in SBS's previous Weekend Drama Our Gabsoon between 2016&2016 as his fans we know how the promoting starts for Weekend Drama's on SBS. Script Reading pictures were out 2 weeks before the drama started and many short teasers were out too! Also many Behind the Scenes videos and special videos were out during the broadcast. Since Gabsoon hit 20% ratings on the ratings it all went well!

They will promote well don't worry about that but they are waiting for May to come i think :)

This drama sounds really strong! I'm really hyped for this! And the story seems promising! These days people are really into these kind of stories! So do i! So Hopefully ratings will be good! So SBS will promote even more during the broadcast!

Let's wait! ~~

6 hours ago, magicmione said:

They will promote well don't worry about that but they are waiting for May to come i think :)

Thanks for your comment. It will be less frustrating if they will do that with all their dramas. Other dramas has an official page, has pictures from the script reading, teasers,  stills for major characters, and others just found out who the major cast is. I don`t follow their logic to promote the weekend dramas later than the weekdays dramas if that`s the case. Maybe there is an explanation. As I said before, I am alright even if they are late producing and promoting the drama as long as the result will be good. If the drama has quality, it will be the best promotion.

Every TV channel releases BTS videos, previews, official pictures from the drama during broadcast and SBS is not an exception. About ratings, I think Secret Mother will continue to be in the last place just like the predecesor, but I am hoping to mantain or even to rise a little the ratings. We`ll see. I will watch no matter what but I wish good ratings for the cast and crew. 

So, we have to wait another week until they start to release materials. The anticipation is rising. :)

I will be more than happy if at least our two ladies will do a pictorial together. Sometime the lead actors have a pictorial to promote the drama. I would not miss the opportunity if I was in charge of a magazine. :tongue:

I just read that the first teaser will be released tomorrow. Maybe it will be after the ending of Good Witch. Good news. I can`t wait! YAY!

oh how come ? the drama isn’t even broadcast and u predict to be in last place in rating:o:(

the other dramas that would be SM competitiors is MBC drama ( parting left )and Lee jon Ki tvn drama (lawless lawyer )

but i do beleive as long as SM is well written drama and had solid plot that can give viewer a fully mystery vibe then the drama would be  well appreciated and will doing well in rating as well:lol::tongue::rolleyes:

Happy to know that we got teaser tmr !! Looking forward to it so excited 

On 4/19/2018 at 7:52 AM, larus said:

I have mixed feelings about the dark phycho female character. To enjoy such story, the drama has to be wery well writtten. I like jdramas in general so, if this kdrama can make the same vibe , I am all for it. But I will be disapointed if Secret Mother is like KBS2 Perfect Wife (2017) for exemple.  The last half of the drama was, for me, a torture to finish. The only noticable part for me was to watch Jo Yeo-jeong`s acting but the drama as a whole I disliked it. I always prefer a multidimensional villain. Even if they make Lisa Kim the villain, I wish the writer will humanizes her. I want to see a womance in this show. 

I prefer multidimensional villains too. I would love for this drama/villain have more of a jdrama vibe to it too. I have just finished watching a couple of old jmelos that were just excellent but if this one could be more on the side of Money Flower I think it would be great. I don't feel that in this drama we need to have our psycho villain be 'over the top'/cartoonish either but let's see what this drama will bring. This cast is great so we know we will get to watch some great performances. Any chance I get to watch Song Yoona, Kim So Yeon, Song Jae Rim in a drama it's good.

I tried subscribing to Kocowa when they first came out but it seemed to me I couldn't get it on a desktop. They offered it only to mobile phones and tablets.:( If anyone has figured how to access their dramas via desktop, please pm me. 

Archived