[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

DreamCatcher2011

21 hours ago, OksanaS said:

I cant wait to see this scene,  will she recognise him or not?

From the teaser.

Seems like she might recognise him? :grimace:

QcIqlKV.jpg

Xoqslq8.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started watching this drama last night and it has an excellent start. I’m loving the actors especially the young version and the older version of the main leads. I confess papa had me creeping out. I used to watch Criminal Minds which focused solely on serial killers but my tolerance level for this kind of thing has decreased a lot. Still, I’m still riveted to the story. I feel so bad already knowing what’s ahead and already set in stone for the young kids. I am, however, looking forward to the storyline in the present time after the tragic trauma of the past.

@Lmangla

My thoughts exactly. 

I think the stepmom was viewing her husband through Rose colored glasses. And the tipping point was when the neighborhood busy bodies told her they saw him with other women that truly got her suspicious. 

I'm real glad she decided to spy on him, otherwise she would've blindly stayed on with that monster. I'm also thankful he didn't harm her daughter, it gives me the chills what he did to that poor lady at the bus stop...... 

Or she (the stepmom) probably knew the kind of person he was but married him to avoid the stigma of being a single mom. 

On 5/20/2018 at 6:28 PM, OksanaS said:

Who knows...she just might be blinded with his uniform just like @supergal99 :tongue:...anyway i hope she does...he deserves it...to remember him but not just cause bad thing  happened but to know he wasn't the only one that feels what they had in younger days was real and mutual...is it wednesday already??? No? Grrrrrrrr....

There is more life on this thread and i love it :)...though its a melo

I might be a few days late but i'll say it anyway...i really got into this drama from this first eps, usually i get attached on ep 4 or 5...and lately i was kind of sick of this older vs. child/teenager drama plots...but i loved it here...they did great transitions between past and present scenes so far...though i'm more and more curious about present story and how will it develop

How many years have passed? I presume his dad was put in prison with life-long sentence? He won't get out right?...or will he??? :o...i missed if they said he was killed as a penalty...sorry then

I love that actor/father very much (he was great in Ruler as a bad guy as well)....he presents this sick bastar* so well...even i felt scared of him in some scenes...when he gave all over look on our girl with dirty smile our boy pulled her behind him to protect her and i was like: what r you waiting for??? Run!!!!....and while he was in son's room i thought at first he'll get mad and will make a mess with his stuff..but he left a tool for son to make his weakness (girl) vanish :o :scream:

His other son...he's not bad as he tries to present him...i think he's just scared of father...he thinks if he act cruel as his father he'll be more pleased of him and won't touch him...i really want to know in present time what will his relation with lead guy will look like

I'm glad step mother found out she married monster..and that she got away...wonder will she get back?...will little girl see main lead guy again? Girl is so cute and good in acting as well

Now...i know she is just a weak woman...boys were just teenagers...but i'm getting mad thinking that all of them knew something was wrong with that man and all kept silent?!?...and how could she left those boys behind even though they were not hers in blood...on father's mercy....nccccc

Our OTP...now, that was love at first sight :wub:...to young to live it yet but still destined to...when you can't take eyes of, when you r comfortable with, when you want to protect...i know it'll be hard....he knows his father killed her mother, she knows he has no fault in that but it can't change that fact, that there is her mother's blood between them :( ...we see her now a bit weaker then in the past cause of what happend and i hope he'll stay strong as before as he shows to be now and help them both....i admired his strenght and calmness when he was at police academy interview...you need really be in peace with yourself to indure all that talks to your face or behind your back...go my wounded couple!...if noone i'll be on your side

Yeah..the way our main lead was looking at her normal family broke my heart...its really good he stayed normal in all that

Sorry this is getting to long right? :wink:

@triplem nice to see you here chingu :wub:...and nice avatar :blush:

New stills :)

Cr mbc

FFrCDr1.jpg

NWyKhlY.jpg

(Pics fr Mbc IG)

4 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Who knows...she just might be blinded with his uniform just like @supergal99 :tongue:...anyway i hope she does...he deserves it...to remember him but not just cause bad thing  happened but to know he wasn't the only one that feels what they had in younger days was real and mutual...is it wednesday already??? No? Grrrrrrrr....

Hahaaa... zagigirl ...ya.. uri 'uniform' hottie too *Hot* n *glaring* :glasses: 

Ok chill.. wed coming soon... heee

6 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

I think even a psychopath has a reason in choosing their victims and why they obsess in killing them. Here for NM's dad, I still see no clear reason why he killed his victims, rather than just he is a psychopath. Maybe later we'll know much more, we still lack of more details from the flashback. It will continue on next wed. I like how they switch the current time with their flashback story. It makes the story feels more connected. And we got to see the young actors a little much longer.  

yea, having watched lots of detective dramas over the years, there's always a reason right? but I was randomly deciding whether to check out this one detective show (documentary based) and the real life detective said that not all crimes can be explained. so even with some crimes, it doesn't even make sense to the police other than them concluding that there's evil in this world... that said, it seems weird that he kills couples as well as women alone. that is an odd combo. usually in detective dramas, they don't change type....

7 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Now...i know she is just a weak woman...boys were just teenagers...but i'm getting mad thinking that all of them knew something was wrong with that man and all kept silent?!?...and how could she left those boys behind even though they were not hers in blood...on father's mercy....nccccc

yea it makes you wonder right? but maybe like @Latte_Anyday said, she was just wearing rose coloured glasses. she seemed genuinely puzzled when her daughter described him as a ghost. so maybe he was super charming when they met and after that she was busy working all the time that she hardly had time to notice. he seems to know how to charm his way when he wants to.. as for the boys, it looks like they have enough self-preservation instinct to know if they are in danger. so they wouldn't have stayed if they knew his true tendencies but they do fear him. maybe he was violent and physically abusive?.. from the memory of the police ajusshi, nam won was in utter shock as he identified the killer -and he didn't seem to know that his father could do that... but we will definitely know more as the story deepens...

but unlike their other stepmothers, she seemed like she genuinely cared for them. nam moo says she's a good person to nak won's mom and so he doesn't want her to worry. hyun moo also seemed bothered that she didn't seem to care about him -- so these boys are attached to her..  in the police intereview, nam woo mentions that he grew up on some island and dropped out of school because his mom told him to. he later went back to finish high school separately... so the step mom didn't disappear out of their lives...

@UnniSarah ~ nice to see you again. :)

Waves to @zagigirl @UnniSarah . Great to see you guys here . I love what I have seen so far . Great acting & interesting story . 

@Lmangla Yes I agree stepmom was still part of their lives later on. Also the dad was said to be handsome ( kkk) & suave according to the Ahjummas at the restaurants, so she may have been blinded by his good looks :lol:

How did you all think the OTP crossed path? He was in uniform & she is dressed up for a role

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me 이리와 안아줘 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 PM KST

Ops chingus pardon me - i didnt really pay much attention to these stills which were released much earlier:

These should be the brothers ya?

gxafJNg.jpg

So one becomes a prison officer? The other ended up in jail?:wacko:

23 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

The first two grids are NW's brother and the second two grids are HW. HW is a prisoner but I doubt that NW's brother is a prison officer, he looks like someone who visits there for a case. I guess he might be a prosecutor or a lawyer maybe?

After observing all of the adult cast, the director did such a great work in selecting them. They look similar to the young actors, don't they?

*cough* yap one looks soooo cool the other is like *dum~~~* :grimace:

The caption on the IG mentions "high school alumni" and "extreme destiny". 

:confounded:

Oh and this one should be the little sis:

TPu8F0V.jpg

Cr mbc

Hahaa.. yes @stargazer187 the step mum is the funny nurse in DOTS. Oh these photos should be from their agencies not the characters' casting pics...hahaa..datz why looks "prettier" ops!

Oh this IG clip ..haahaa so cute the OTP - "lack of chemistry" ops!

This pics for @zagigirl

Hahaaa...

:grimace: 

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Oh that scary ghost!!! :o The actor is so nriliant in portraying the psychopath killer. I feel shivers down to my spine everytime he appears. And I keep holding my breath wondering who will get hurt by him. 

he is scary... but when you just see his face without the character, his features are actually quite interesting...and he makes denim shirts look good! hahahah.. makes me think he would make a good face for some rugged trekking kind of backdrop perfume ad -- you know those manly perfumes ad? hahahah. :lol:

Just now, Lmangla said:

he is scary... but when you just see his face without the character, his features are actually quite interesting...and he makes denim shirts look good! hahahah.. makes me think he would make a good face for some rugged trekking kind of backdrop perfume ad -- you know those manly perfumes ad? hahahah. :lol:

Omg @stargazer187 @supergal99 ...our lmangla has done it again. I knew she'd come up with some out of the box analysis for this serial  murderer! Perfumes with  a  killer scent perhaps! But alright maybe if you put him in the right setting on a horse looking over a mountain...on a serious note, this veteran actor is doing a fantastic job. He gives me the chills.

36 minutes ago, triplem said:

Omg @stargazer187 @supergal99 ...our lmangla has done it again. I knew she'd come up with some out of the box analysis for this serial  murderer! Perfumes with  a  killer scent perhaps! But alright maybe if you put him in the right setting on a horse looking over a mountain...on a serious note, this veteran actor is doing a fantastic job. He gives me the chills.

:glasses:*cough* @Lmangla's new target after police ahjusshi ... wow great choice ! Heee.. he is quite erhmm... *sexy* hahaaa:

Spoiler

"Selling shoes" :grimace:

28 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

LOL... well he gives me the creeps too but was trying to figure out why stepmom ended up falling for his lies and you mentioned his charm... so there you go, manly perfume ad lurking behind denim shirts! @triplem

Hahaa... he did this to her:

Spoiler

Sing love songs la la la:wub:

nx0y0uh.jpg

Ok ok juz kidding... was watching the MBC section TV heeee

21 may:

(What did our uniform hottie do to the host??? Hahaaaa...)

mIAulaL.jpg

:blink:

Poke @stargazer187 *phew!* i like horror movies hahahaa.. so i m enjoying those creepy dark moments *dum~~* ops! @USAFarmgirl sorray.. :grimace:

5 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

It would be a very long title. And sounds very cliche. Lol

Come and hug me is a cute title tho. In my limit knowledge of Korean, I'll try to analyze what is the message that this drama wants to convey to us, it's the literal trans of the Korean title "Yiriwa, anajeo (이리와 안아줘)" is like a word which used to give a comfort to the sorrow heart. When feeling sad, they tend to hug or give a pat on the shoulder to console one to another. So, in short, the title didn't just mean as a common cliche words but it's more to words of consolation. 

They might pick this one as a way to deliver the message how the characters here to get over their trauma and healed. 

Thanks for this. :heart:

Archived