[Drama 2018] Come Here and Hug Me, 이리와 안아줘

DreamCatcher2011

Jang Ki Yong And Jin Ki Joo Remember Their Sweet First Love For “Come Hug Me”

Jang-Ki-Yong-Jin-Ki-Joo1.jpg

“Come Hug Me” has given viewers a first glimpse of Jang Ki Yong and Jin Ki Joo as their characters as well as their younger selves.

See Also: Jang Ki Yong Talks About Taking On His First Leading Role In "Come And Hug Me"

Upcoming MBC drama “Come Hug Me” released photos of the two main leads Chae Do Jin (played by Jang Ki Yong) and Han Jae Yi (played by Jin Ki Joo) treasuring their memories of first love. The drama is a romance about a policeman and actress who were torn apart when they were young due to a murder, as they reunite and embrace each other’s pain and wounds.

In the photos, Jang Ki Yong is dressed in a pressed white shirt and tie as Chae Do Jin, as he gazes off into the distance. The cherry blossoms are beautifully in bloom behind him, and signal a wistful, romantic tone.

Jang-Ki-Yong.jpg

Jin Ki Joo is dressed in a traditional hanbok as Han Jae Yi, and she crouches down on what appears to be a theater set. She has a small smile on her face as she remembers the happy memories of her first love.

Jin-Ki-Joo.jpg

Their younger selves are also revealed in photos. Just as in Jang Ki Yong’s photo, there are cherry blossoms in bloom in this particular moment. However, their past selves have different names, as Chae Do Jin’s name tag says Yoon Na Moo (played by Nam Da Reum) and Han Jae Yi’s name tag says Gil Nak Won (played by Ryu Han Bi).

Spoiler

Nam-Da-Reum-Ryu-Han-Bi.jpg

Spoiler

Ryu-Han-Bi.jpg

A source from the drama stated, “The situation between Do Jin and Jae Yi’s young selves as they experienced first love will gradually be resolved. Their stories will unfold in a way that fits the warm spring weather, so please look forward to it.”

“Come Hug Me” will air after “Hold Me Tight,” in mid-May.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Ki Yong Talks About Taking On His First Leading Role In “Come And Hug Me”

Jang-Ki-Yong-2.jpg

Jang Ki Yong recently opened up about appearing in MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Come and Hug Me.”

See Also: Jang Ki Yong And Jin Ki Joo Remember Their Sweet First Love For "Come Hug Me"

This will be Jang Ki Yong’s first leading role in a drama and he said, “I feel both a sense of responsibility and quite a lot of pressure because this is my first leading role. All I’m thinking about is working hard till the very end.”

He will be playing Chae Do Jin, a police officer who is also the son of a psychopathic serial killer. He reunites with his first love Han Jae Yi, who is the daughter of one of his father’s victims, and they learn to heal each other’s wounds and face the world again. Jang Ki Yong said, “When I first read the script, I was curious to know how taking on this interesting character will change me, and I really wanted to take the challenge on.”

Jang-Ki-Yong1.jpg

He also spoke highly of his fellow cast members. When asked about his first impression of Jin Ki Joo, who will play the leading female role, Jang Ki Yong said, “She felt like a very charismatic person in ‘Misty’ but her real personality is brighter and sweeter in person.” He also shared his excitement for the child actors of the show and added, “The first couple of episodes are important to set the tone of the whole drama. The child actors did so well during our script readings, so I think people should be excited.”

Finally, Jang Ki Yong expressed confidence about the upcoming drama as he said, “‘Come and Hug Me’ will be the greatest healing drama of 2018. You’ll know why when you watch it.”

Jang-Ki-Yong-1.jpg

“Come and Hug Me” will premiere on MBC on May 16. The drama will be available on Viki.

http://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=408&aid=0000048365

He's got the acting skills. Jang Ki Yong fill in the void left by Kang Ha Neul (doing his MS). He gives off that vibe... for me anyway. I like it.

This photo below is from his previous drama before My Mister.  cto

DbFGRNTUMAA0fBZ.jpg

chingus, if we can all guess about what will happen in a drama, we all have a bit of writer in us. hahaha.. so be a matchmaker auntie and join the writer's smashup carnival -- our new event. check it out! and if you are lurking, don't forget to hit a button on people's stories to encourage them. it is based fully on community voting.

Usually I always avoid melodrama, too tense & dark drama because wasn't RL itself already tiresome? :D  But couldn't be help with the drama plot, Jang Ki Yong (who I think will become a versatile actor because he has those manly vibe in his appearance) also no doubt Heo Jeon Ho will kill the antagonist character, I'm absolutely will give this drama a shot & wake up from the hibernated mood       

Watch: Jang Ki Yong Apologizes For Liking Jin Ki Joo In New Teaser For “Come And Hug Me”

Jang-Ki-Yong-Jin-Ki-Joo2.jpg

A new teaser has been revealed for upcoming MBC drama “Come and Hug Me”!

See Also: Jang Ki Yong Pulls Off Various Uniforms As Police Officer Trainee On "Come And Hug Me"

“Come and Hug Me” follows the romance between Chae Do Jin (played by Jang Ki Yong) and Han Jae Yi (played by Jin Ki Joo), who were each other’s first loves as children, but were torn apart because Chae Do Jin’s father killed Han Jae Yi’s parents. The two reunite in the future, with Chae Do Jin as a police officer and Han Jae Yi as an aspiring actress.

The newly released preview starts off with Chae Do Jin graduating at the top of his class at a police academy. He then, however, has a flashback of his childhood, where he falls in love with his new classmate Han Jae Yi. Chae Do Jin is asked to watch over her, but his psychopath father ends up targeting her parents. Chae Do Jin apologizes to Han Jae Yi for liking her, and she promises to like him back forever no matter what happens.

The end of the preview shows Chae Do Jin and Han Jae Yi as adults, with Han Jae Yi looking for him and Chae Do Jin asking her, “Can you still smile at me?”

Premiering on May 16 at 10 p.m. KST,  “Come and Hug Me” will be available on Viki.

Check out the preview below!

Mmm... bromance :wub:  yesss.. i wanna catch this drama too:grimace: 

Cr soompi: 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/11/kwon-hyuk-soo-jang-ki-yong-make-adorable-police-bros-come-hug/

MBC’s upcoming drama “Come and Hug Me” has revealed a sneak peek at Jang Ki Yong and Kwon Hyuk Soo’s adorable bromance!

The two actors star in the drama as police academy students Chae Do Jin (played by Jang Ki Yong) and Kim Jong Hyun (played by Kwon Hyuk Soo), who are famous for being inseparable best friends. Their friendship is particularly meaningful in light of the fact that Chae Do Jin is notorious at school for being the son of a serial killer—in spite of Chae Do Jin’s reputation, Kim Jong Hyun remains firmly by his friend’s side as a steadfast source of support.

The newly released photos show Jang Ki Yong and Kwon Hyuk Soo hanging out behind the scenes and playfully posing for the camera in costume.

Jang-Ki-Yong-Kwon-Hyuk-Soo.jpg

Kwon-Hyuk-Soo.jpg

Kwon-Hyuk-Soo-Jang-Ki-Yong-2.jpg

The producers of the drama remarked, “We have heard that there are many viewers who are looking forward to Jang Ki Yong’s transformation into a police officer. They will be able to see his complete transformation in the first episode, which is not far away.”

They added, “‘Come and Hug Me’ will premiere on May 16. We ask that you make sure to tune in.”

“Come and Hug Me” will tell the love story of the kind-hearted son of a serial killer and the daughter of one of the killer’s victims. The drama will be available with English subtitles on Viki starting on May 16.

Archived