[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, r047 said:

I wish this means we will see them together in a photo in the award ceremony, maybe? :wub:

Ahhh Please! Can they attend together? They actually sat beside each other (i think) for Baeksang this yr, obviously when they already knew they were gonna act together. If only some fans uploaded clips :huh:

13 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I see that YSJ is off to somewhere?

Anycase, I am still here.

Contemplating watching again.

Where is he off to?

@Tasia I am rewatching the whole series, but trying to stay level headed at the same time! Miss the series and our OTP so much. Huhuhu

On 9/27/2018 at 2:32 AM, mademoisellesia said:

FYI in today's news, it is announced that both Yang Se Jong (for New Actor) and Shin Hye Sun (for Best Actress in long-length drama) are nominated for 2018 APAN Star Awards.

Yes!

And SHS also just nominated for:

Oct 27: 2nd Annual - The Seoul Awards (at KyungHee Univ in Seoul, S. Korea)

Shin Hye-Sun - Top Excellence Female Prize for Seo Ji-An in MGL + Woo Seo-Ri in 30b17

More info: https://theseoulawards.com/

Both her MGL work and 30but17 are mentioned in the articles:

드라마 부문 연기상은 치열한 경쟁이 예상된다. 여우주연상은 김선아(SBS '키스 먼저 할까요'), 김남주(JTBC '미스티'), 손예진(JTBC '밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나'), 신혜선(KBS 2TV '황금빛 내 인생', SBS '서른이지만 열일곱입니다')이 후보로 올랐다. 남우주연상은 감우성(SBS '키스 먼저 할까요'), 이병헌(tvN '미스터 션샤인'), 이선균(tvN '나의 아저씨'), 조승우(JTBC '라이프')가 트로피를 다툰다.

source source

In the Lead Actress in Drama category, Kim Sun-Ah (SBS 'Kiss 1st'), Kim Nam-Joo (JTBC 'Misty'), Son Ye-Jin (JTBC 'Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Drugs'), Shin Hye-Sun ❤️ (KBS 'My Golden Life', SBS '30 but 17')

My guess is that both YSJ and SHS are busy out getting fitted with tuxes and evening gowns. :phew:

I presume many of us have moved on now, but just thought I'd like to share that I made it to the overhead pass! :wub: This may sound mad but I tried to see if any marks were left behind from filming like from equipment or position markers but nope, clean as can be! And if anyone was wondering, that bridge is nowhere close to their house as per storyline. I took pictures, would've attached it here but I tried and tried and I'm just not smart enough for this!

In other news, OST is yet to be released in korea, 2 more days, grrr I wont be able to get it before I leave. Again, I guess its indication that they cut the series short? 

And there really is no hype of the series here :tears: can't find the keyring anywhere, its all about that TVN sunshine series...

19 minutes ago, dftio said:

I presume many of us have moved on now, but just thought I'd like to share that I made it to the overhead pass! :wub: This may sound mad but I tried to see if any marks were left behind from filming like from equipment or position markers but nope, clean as can be! And if anyone was wondering, that bridge is nowhere close to their house as per storyline. I took pictures, would've attached it here but I tried and tried and I'm just not smart enough for this!

In other news, OST is yet to be released in korea, 2 more days, grrr I wont be able to get it before I leave. Again, I guess its indication that they cut the series short? 

And there really is no hype of the series here :tears: can't find the keyring anywhere, its all about that TVN sunshine series...

It's so great that you got to go there!  Even though it would have been nice to find something from filming, it's even better that they cleaned up properly.  ;)  I don't know how to upload pictures here either; maybe someone else does.

I found the keyring on eBay--I used the search words "moon rabbit keyring" It comes in two sizes and only one seller has it but it was too expensive for me to think about.  

[Success Story]Part①  Bone Factory CEOs Moon Seok-Hwan & Oh Gwang-Hee - "Romance-Only Path 10years… Revenue $40 Million Exceeded"

0004214310_001_20181002093448041.jpg?typ

CEO Oh Gwang-Hee (right) and CEO Moon Seok-Hwan (left) gathered their voices to say they want to create dramas that give happiness to the viewers.

source

From the beginning their thoughts matched exceptionally well. As producers in different companies, their works, paths never crossed. While working together after meeting in a common project, their grasp of the content market were in sync. The two young producers invested $25k each and formed a company. To express their fidelity to fundamentals and common-sense they came up with the name Bon ('본', meaning 'root') (Factory). Ten year later, it has matured into a drama production company with expected revenues exceeding $40M this year alone. This is the story of Bone-Factory's CEOs Moon Seok-Hwan (45) and Oh Gwang-Hee (47), creators of the recently finished SBS Mon/Tue mini-series, "Thirty But Seventeen I Am".

"Each day we wrap up with a (phone) call to one another. We contact one another countless times, and before going to bed talk for 30 to 40 minutes. Even with their own wives they wouldn't (be so close), they say." (Oh Gwang-Hee)
"There are times when we don't agree too. Would spouses split up because they argue? Like slicing water with a knife." (Moon Seok-Hwan)

The two people resemble a long-married couple. Moon, whose expressions are round-about, and Oh, who flows without pause. From the beginning their differences were clear. But with respect to their "desire to make a drama that makes the viewers happy" they were united. Belief that "a sense of responsibility for turning a profit was there, but good planning is top priority," was also the same. They did not insist on a special genre. That they fell naturally into romantic comedy and 'melo' mainly is story the two people tell. That 'love story' is universal was one of the reasons also. In an age when genre pieces are all the rage, they stood by the 'rom-com well-made project' backdrop.

Spoiler

0004214310_002_20181002093448067.jpg?typ

Regarding Park Seo-Joon, in what started with MBC 'She was Pretty' (2015) and resulted in tvN's "What's with Secretary Kim", Moon said, "from start to finish he worked with trust without wavering" as he expressed his gratitute.

◇ Without external investments took care of internals... "(trust) only planning"

BoneFactory did not even have a home page. There are 6 employees including the 2 CEOs. Mostly perennial members. The current office, too, the same place for 10 years. This small office started with 2009 SBS "You are Handsome", to 2010 SBS "My GF is a 9-tail Fox", 2013 SBS "Master's Sun", 2014 MBC "Pride and Prejudice", 2015 MBC "She was Pretty", 2017 tvN "Live Up to Your Name", and other hit projects it produced steadily. It's the result of not going astray but 'Romance-Only Road' for 10 years.

This year they created 4 works. MBC "Tempted", tvN "What's wrong with Sec Kim", SBS "Thirty but Seventeen", and tvN's "Boyfriend" planned for coming November, too, comprise a fabulous line-up. Compare that to their 10 works from the previous 9 years. The two explained, "They are all projects for which we scattered the seeds 2 years ago." Oh said, "Fortunately all the situations fell right into place this year," and "there were no works stamped with 2016 date. From the outside it seemed like there was nothing, but in fact, it was the busiest time. Our recent works all began around then," he revealed.

Good reviews, too. "Sec Kim" and "30 But 17" finished as popular favorites. Currently talked about 'Boyfriend' now in shooting, from Song Hye-Kyo & Park Bo-Gum casting has already attracted attention. The stamina they built up diligently has become the strength to move forward. Next year also about 3 broadcast projects are in the works.

"30 but 17" has remained in their memory as a heart-warming*** work. Because BoneFactory's philosophy is well contained therein. The story was about Woo Seo-Ri (by Shin Hye-Sun) who opened her eyes after 13-years in coma and Gong Woo-Jin (by Yang Se-Jong) who had close his heart after an accident, who receive healing through one another. CEO Oh said, "no evil characters, and unfolding of events aren't fast either. Quite different from current trends," and "without MSG****, with lovable characters, we completed 16 episodes. Writer Cho Sung-Hee's power," smiling brightly.
*** Makes one proud.
**** MSG - food additive - meaning artificial preservatives or taste enhancers

0004214310_003_20181002093448088.jpg?typ

CEO Moon said, "Our company's concept is drama that gives you happiness, and '30 but 17' as one which conveyed this message well, there's high degree of satisfaction," laughing.

◇“There are no secrets”…Secret to 10-year collaboration

In the industry, BoneFactory is known simply by 'Moon Seok-Hwan & Oh Gwang-Hee'. It's as though their 3-syllable names are their brand. 2008 CEO Moon founded the company, and 3 years later, CEO Oh also officially joined. Their split from start to now is 50/50. When asked about the secret to 10-year collaboration, CEO Moon replied, "the basic trust in one another."

The two people share even trivial matters. Insted of work focused on profitability, it began as cooperation in all things. Moon, who began at the shooting scene and Oh, who came by way of bank and big company both respected one another's stregths. Personality may vary from one project to the next, but this became BoneFactory's strongest point.

"If Moon is cold, then I tend to be emotional," Oh explained, "because we are different we can debate endlessly and find a way to work together."
Insisting that he's "more than a coworker, but a family always to be with", Moon says, "we're one lump. If we are torn we'll die," went overboard.

The two added, "each project was a crisis, but we were lucky too. Much help from those around us," both acknowledged. BoneFactory this year has (successfully) cast for each drama actors Woo Do-Hwan (Great Tempter), Park Seo-Joon (Sec Kim), Yang Se-Jong, Park Bo-Gum. CEO Oh said, "casting luck for an entire lifetime, it feels like we used up all of it this year. Those around us called it 'DaeBak'", laughing. That through their work together on "She was Pretty", Park Seo-Joon (for Sec Kim), and Shin Hye-Sun (for 30b17) came together to work as leads, became yet another 'stroke of god'.

"Park Seo-Joon, Shin Hye-Sun, they're both actors for whom we are grateful. From start to finish they showed unwavering trust in our work. Especially because this fine actress named Shin Hye-Sun has received widespread acknowledgment we are joyous. Even while it's been said for the recent past 10 years that "we are lacking (good) actors", there were steady supply of male actors with plenty of acting skills and star appeal. Because of that only a few actresses were given chances, but this new timber*** called Shin Hye-Sun has appeared." (CEO Oh Gwang-Hee)
***Lumber - as in actress with the raw goods to make anything with :)

“박서준, 신혜선 모두 고마운 배우입니다. 처음부터 끝까지 작품에 대한 전적인 신뢰를 보여줬어요. 특히 신혜선이란 좋은 배우가 널리 인정받아 기뻐요. 최근 10년 동안 ‘배우가 없다’고 말해도 연기력과 스타성이 있는 남자배우는 꾸준히 있었어요. 때문에 몇 여배우에만 기회가 쏠렸는데, 신혜선이란 새로운 재목이 나타났습니다.”(오광희 대표)

0004214310_004_20181002093448099.jpg?typ

Moon Seok-Hwan (left) and Oh Gwang-Hee may with 10-year collab know-how "everyone thinks we work separately, but even little things we share and discuss endlessly. That we don't have any secrets (among them), might that not be the secret formula?", they expressed.

◇“BoneFactory without losses, Anticipate the next 10 years”

BoneFactory had never had a drama that lost money until past year. From their founding work, MBC drama "Romance is Zero" and on has always been in the black. Reviews calling it "small but strong" was the reason. This year's "Tempted" ending in May broke this streak. Even had 1% ratings. To the two, it was as a painful finger. For them, this 2018 with happiness and sadness they tasted together, was a special year. Moon has declared this year to be the culmination of the past 10 years' of effort. "Without the past 10 years, doing 4 projects in one year is unthinkable," he added.

The drama market is in an upheaval. From TV to Mobile, the primary viewing mode has changed. 'Global platform' is jumping into drama production. "Content market's biggest strength is capital. Domesticly and from outside, drama, too, will change" Oh predicted. Moon said, "There really is a lot of content. It's the age of "if it ain't fun, it's shunned completely". Content's quality is that important," he said.

BoneFactory too is signaling its future changes. In the past it refused outside funding. Recently, they have changed their thinking to the direction that they should enlarge the scale of the company. Because as contents have increased in the all-channels age, risk mangement has become more important. Oh said, "BoneFactory is not Moon-Oh's personal company. That would be discourteous to our coworkers," and "for even better works, more strong works we are considering measures to hire new talent or forge new partnerships," he hinted.

Spoiler

0004214310_005_20181002093448111.jpg?typ

BoneFactory this November Song Hye-Gyo, Park Bo-Gum starring tvN new drama "Boyfriend" will debut. Oh said, "Beautiful and refreshing, women viewers' '(screaming sound)' drama work, it will become", increasing anticipation.

Our healthy belief in the content has never changed. Even after 10 years, that Republic of Korea's competitive edge is (good) content is our belief. Oh said, "making of dramas is definitely not a glamorous work," and "feel the responsibility and pride that Korean drama is in fact our country's flagship product," said.

"Many people are jumping into the drama work. The drama must begin with good planning, I would like to say. By good planning, we mean fun and without burdensome elements. If you focus on that, profits follow also. That order must never be swapped. We have always done it this way, and in the future, too, we will continue to maintain our (brand) name in that manner also." (Moon Seok-Hwan)

▷ CEO Moon Seok-Hwan is... △Born 1973 △Current BoneFactory CEO (2008~present)

▷ CEO Oh Gwang-Hee is...  △Born 1971 △2004 CJ Entertainment △Current BoneFactory CEO (2011~present)

Kim Yoon-Ji (jay@edaily.co.kr)

This evening I was checking out some of the new shows to find something good to watch and right there on my screen was Jennifer! :D  

Apparently Ye Ji Won had a cameo moment on The Beauty Inside (if you're looking for the scene, it's about 2 minutes in at an awards show--she hugs the FL).  I was hollering so loud at my computer, "It's Jennifer!  It's Jennifer!" that I woke up my little cat who napping nearby.  :lol:

On 10/2/2018 at 7:07 AM, ChunSungIm said:

[ENG] SeJeong ✘ HyeSun — 양세종 x 신혜선 심쿵영상모음 파트1

Wow the power of editing! Haha. Watching all those clips/NGs/BTS individually, I didn't feel like there was much spark between them other than friendliness and a good working relationship. But after watching this fan made video, my shipper heart just BURST. If only...

And its also made me realise that YSJ can be rather boyish and has his own aegyo when he is comfortable with people around him, rather than the awkward turtle that he comes across as in a large crowd :D

Queen SHS, she is so good at making people feel at ease around her, so personable and down to earth.

@meechuttso Thank you so much for translating the article! It is pretty long, so good effort on your part for sharing it here. I enjoyed reading it, and also made me realise, I have actually watched a lot of productions by this company too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 3017 friends!! :)

I'm still missing everything... and so happy our lead actors received awards last night!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1244843wpp/winners-2018-apan-star-awards

I love YSJ's real laugh!! It's his super cute open-mouthed laughs like this one here hehe...

Anyways, it's time to the check out everything tagged 2018 APAN Star Awards!

Love and would like to share some reviews :heart:

What the writers said is exactly the same points that this drama touched my heart. Thank you so much.

https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/10/16/k-drama-reaction-still-17-series-review/

https://thekatcafe.com/2018/09/25/tv-review-thirty-but-seventeen-spoilers/

https://kdramakisses.com/2018/10/08/thirty-but-seventeen-korean-drama-review/

https://thefangirlverdict.com/2018/11/08/review-thirty-but-seventeen-still-17/

reading those reviews make me wants to start watching this beautiful drama again.

• 1 month later...

Archived