Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

Flip the note. I like it!! :w00t: Now that will be satisfying to me. But the way WJ was crying in the end broke my heart, Chan and Jennifer were shocked too. 

I keep thinking of reasons, justification, can't get any clue. Even if she went to perform, I guess WJ would want to be part of it. I guess will have to wait. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, gster3 said:

I would have also loved to see Woo Jin wake Seo Ri up with one of his Chan raspberry kisses and this time he actually meant it for her, but modified to be more flirty and less blowing raspberries to show the full circle of how they met as adults to where they are now in their relationship.  

I adore this idea!!! WJ waking up SR that way would be a perfect touch. Anyone else have cute ideas or what they would add in their own epilogues? Even if we don't get to see them, I'd love to imagine them :) Hehe like I want more continuation of "flip the note."

7 minutes ago, soontobe16 said:

Does anyone know why the episode count was reduced and also the point during airing this happened? 

I don't think the reason is very clear, unfortunately. From what I gathered, different episode counts were published on different websites, causing a lot of confusion. Then for two weeks we had one episode only due to a sporting event being broadcasted. I think that happened about halfway through? It's too bad this detracted/distracted a lot of viewers from the show. I decided to leave it as a mystery and love whatever we get!

Random thought: I really want to know what YSJ chose as Mr. Gong's scent? Really cool method acting thing to do, to wear a different signature scent for each of your characters. I wish I could get a hug and find out hahahaha...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, m-sq said:

Random thought: I really want to know what YSJ chose as Mr. Gong's scent? Really cool method acting thing to do, to wear a different signature scent for each of your characters. I wish I could get a hug and find out hahahaha...

What do you mean by this? Something from BTS? I haven't got the time to check out any BTS video.

1 hour ago, m-sq said:

Can we all sneak into (or storm into) the writing/editing room together? Seori is only allowed to go to Germany to play ONE duet performance with Taerin. And preferably on a honeymoon WITH her husband WJ. Not on her own and not suddenly and no sad letters allowed!!! The only letters allowed are ones with a “turn this note over” that turn out to be a proposal or something. *grumps* Please, i love this show so much, i'm trusting the ending will match the rest of its themes and pacing, and be just as enjoyable.

Yes, my prayer too that the ending matches the rest of the themes and pacing.

The turn-over note is such a great idea for proposal!! I second that! Although it seems that everyone in the office finds out WJ is having something made in the jewelry shop. I wonder what is it if it isn't a ring? Because that will be too obvious, no? It could be another memento that reminds them of their relationship... Gosh, I love this couple so much I can't stay away and keep sneaking back here even though I have to finish some work :P

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, m-sq said:

I adore this idea!!! WJ waking up SR that way would be a perfect touch. Anyone else have cute ideas or what they would add in their own epilogues? Even if we don't get to see them, I'd love to imagine them :) Hehe like I want more continuation of "flip the note."

I don't think the reason is very clear, unfortunately. From what I gathered, different episode counts were published on different websites, causing a lot of confusion. Then for two weeks we had one episode only due to a sporting event being broadcasted. I think that happened about halfway through? It's too bad this detracted/distracted a lot of viewers from the show. I decided to leave it as a mystery and love whatever we get!

On the V app pre drama interview, YSJ mentioned the brand of scent he chose this time for his character. Never heard of it, Santa Maria Novella or something.... :blink: I wanna get it now too! Except I don't know which particular scent Hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, m-sq said:

Erm... Sorry to have cut your post A LOT, but I don't know about the cologne Chan borrowed from him in one of the previous episodes, but I saw in one of the interviews that he likes using Santa Maria Novella scent? I'm gonna like, go to the mall, straight to the men's cologne department and find out how it smells like. :sweatingbullets: Although your idea of getting a hug to find out sounds way better! :joy:

@dftio Great minds think alike! :D

It's past 7am over here and even though I'm trying not to think about today's the final episode and what might be a disappointing end to a beautiful drama, I can't help but think how much I will miss looking forward to Mondays and Tuesdays to watch the live broadcast, and the posts here during and after each live ep. Oh man, I think I'm gonna cry more about how we'd be eventually watching different shows. I'm gonna miss you guys! :bawling:

• Like 4

Maybe the letter is about SR, Chan, and Jennifer ganging up WJ for his multiple attempts to leave which scares them to death. Hahahaha XD

The trio must have felt " We've had enough Mr. Gong, its PAYBACK TIME!" 

But real talk, in all honesty, I have no idea what will happen. It scares me that Mr. Gong will have yet to wait for SR when they had lost 13 years already. Mr. Gong even said last episode that they will finish their intermission together so I hope SR won't leave Mr. Gong with a letter. Bring him or at least tell him in person. 

I'm seriously having a withdrawal syndrome for this show. They were so awkward, even now, as a couple. They were still their awkward 17 years old soul inside a awkward 30 years old body. Their time stops at their 17 and a new chapter had just begun but even with all this awkward relationship, all I can see is pure and innocent love -which by the way, the most beautiful thing in the world. 

I want more awkward couple on my screen. I don't want it to end!!!

I'm still hoping SBS is trolling us by giving us another preview at the end of ep 32 that says " see you on tuesday!" 

Oh my. What a good dream to dream ~

3017 is hunting me so badly. I went to a computer to have my research paper printed and I was stunned by the computer shop's employee's computing gracing SR beautiful crying and confession scene in the bridge. I have not yet watched the episode but I've seen the recap but why do I fell betrayed by that employee for spoiling me of something I've been dreading to watch since yesterday!!!

And what's more funny is how he was story telling to another employee about the story of SR's tragic past and they were so into it. They were 2 guys by the way. 

The employee even wondered " If she woke up in an age of 30 but still look like her 17 year old face, that would have been wolverine" LOL. I don't know the story of wolverine but his amazement and thought made me laugh out loud. I really have a good laugh visiting that computer shop. 

But inside my thought, if SR is in 30 but still in her 17 year old body. Thay would be another story in a fantasy genre. I believe there was a drama that has that plot but I could not remember well. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

@ktcjdrama Oh! It's from the pre-broadcast V-live/other interviews. YSJ likes cologne/perfumes and he selects a particular scent for each character he plays. He said that he did pick one for the character GWJ (it's an Italian brand called Santa Maria Novella, but I am no expert in perfumes and he didn't say which fragrance). Anyways, I was only reminded because of that hilarious scene where he's like a fresh teen trying to preen before seeing SR. And he spritzes on a ton haha. It would be fun to know what kind of scent he picked!

Edit: Whoops! I guess my browser didn't refresh so I missed a bunch in between. @anjuliet and @dftio I guess I'm not alone in the craziness to the point we wanna smell someone hahaha!!! Yes, hugging him will be the best way :P

12 minutes ago, bonuibonui said:

Mr. Gong even said last episode that they will finish their intermission together so I hope SR won't leave Mr. Gong with a letter. Bring him or at least tell him in person. 

That's right! They are meant to finish their intermission TOGETHER! Lol running into people who are also into the show!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, r047 said:

Flip the note. I like it!! :w00t: Now that will be satisfying to me. But the way WJ was crying in the end broke my heart, Chan and Jennifer were shocked too. 

I keep thinking of reasons, justification, can't get any clue. Even if she went to perform, I guess WJ would want to be part of it. I guess will have to wait. 

When he sees the "flip" note, SR' writing will say " kidding :P". Let's get married!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

7 minutes ago, bonuibonui said:

When he sees the "flip" note, SR' writing will say " kidding :P". Let's get married!!!

Or maybe she says "I will be back tomorrow" :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

10 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Or maybe she says "I will be back tomorrow" :joy:

Hahahaha Bad SR. 

Or maybe the letter shows SR is pregnant?! :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Hi again Chingoos :mellow:

tumblr_pf6soxKJea1valxs7o2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_pf6soxKJea1valxs7o3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_pf6soxKJea1valxs7o4_r1_500.gif

I see that my Chan post wasn't funny to most people - I understand if many of us simply aren't in the mood to see 8+ uninterrupted minutes of OST's little big nephew (who was crying out to her for crispy creme donuts in Seo-Ri's recent memory) dating / confession scene in the penultimate episode. The Korean fan sites are also divided on that scene.:wacko:

To make it up to you for my insensitivity, there! :wub:

Click for bit bigger moving images. Or if you're more into 'one shot'! :sweatingbullets:

giphy.gif

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

Haha it seems there are a lot of people like me over here :lol: I keep on coming back to the thread, sneaking, looking for updates and more of your awesome thoughts.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Sorry if I seem to be spamming our forum but the drama's coming to an end, and my heart is sinking from having to part with our amazing actors and lovable characters. Yet half excited at the prospect of a beautiful and satisfying ending for WJ and SR (fingers crossed our writer keeps up the good scripting skills!)

I'm so glad to be have this forum and share our joy, our tears and exclaim together at their "OMO :scream: they are gonna kiss (not) again  :unamused:; or squeal like young teenagers at their cutesy sweet moments together :blush:

Who's with me just going all jelly-like watching YSJ and his recent found innocent boyish expressions of someone who is geniunely in love?

Maybe it is not so bad that they did not go down the path of a steaming hot infatuated relationship, I mean as exciting as it is, it tends to be less believable for a short drama in such a short time frame. Instead, I have really grown to appreciate how their love is A LOT deeper than that superficial short lived attraction-- they were slow to start off, very cautious with recognising that it was something deeper than attraction, and the fact that they helped each other come out of their shell and embrace their painful past together. There is always something more endearing about a relationship thats been built on trials and tribulations! 

I closed my eyes and simply listened to WJ's confession to SR on the bridge- just his voice really tugged on my heartstrings. He is sincere and earnest in telling her that he is now so in love with her that he is unable to imagine a life without her, he would rather face his monster (anxiety and guilt that he indirectly caused her to suffer in the bus crash) and be hated by her for what happened than to endure a life without her. THAT, that itself is realisation of true love. That she means more to him than his fears and he wants to be by her side. 

Kyahhh, confession of a lifetime (pardon my fangirling!) The kiss and his giddy moments trotting along repeatedly calling SR's name after the kiss is icing on the cake!

Now does this not give us hope about true love? Hahaha. If only their love was true :weary:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, dftio said:

Who's with me just going all jelly-like watching YSJ and his recent found innocent boyish expressions of someone who is geniunely in love?

Me!!

The part when he keeps calling out SR's name; when he puts on his perfume best... make me go jelly with butterflies in my heart. 

Seems he's always purposely trying to drink from SR's bottle, he did that during the music fest too! Hahaha! Sly Mr Gong! 

Both are so cute when confessing to Heesoo and Hyun that they are an item. So sheepishly shy and genuinely innocently like a happy pair in love. And his "she likes me" to Hyun cracks me up! Awww so cute! I melted.

• Like 6

Now to think about it... Can you even name any drama where time jump didn’t happen?  :lol:

I think it’s a Korean thing - like only time separation can validate their true love  B)

Honestly if SR leaves without telling WJ in person that she’s leaving I’m going to flip something. Like is it that hard to tell him that she wants to pursue her dreams??? WJ doesn’t deserve this!

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

58 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

Hi again Chingoos :mellow:

I see that my Chan post wasn't funny to most people - I understand if many of us simply aren't in the mood to see 8+ uninterrupted minutes of OST's little big nephew (who was crying out to her for crispy creme donuts in Seo-Ri's recent memory) dating / confession scene in the penultimate episode. The Korean fan sites are also divided on that scene.:wacko:

To make it up to you for my insensitivity, there! :wub:

Click for bit bigger moving images. Or if you're more into 'one shot'! :sweatingbullets:

If I could I want to make your gifs as my screensaver... Ohmoo ohmooo... the kiss was sooo yummilicious :love::kiss_wink: Thank you @meechuttso I am crazily crazy to see them kissing.... Hope we can get more today... Aarrhhh why this has to end... :bawling:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Awww that part where WJ was calling her SR for like 3 times, one of the sweetest moments everrr! His voice is so tender, soft :wub:  What have they done to us! This is one bad withdrawal syndrome :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9