[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

@dftio couldn't agree more. This drama deserves a looot in all sectors of awards. Unfortunately it's the opposite with a couple of dramas out there with much much less ratings being much more popular on SNS, I'm worried this counts as well. YSJ and SHS I believe are one of those few actors out there who are masters of crying scenes, powerfully conveying their feelings such that you cry with them easily. I got used to scenes where actors/actresses would hide their faces or look down or turn away, unable to carry such scenes well.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to share with you a couple of things that would make the ending satisfying to me.

- Je te veux: I would like to hear them saying it to one another, though when WJ and SR listened to the music itself, it felt like he's stating to her indirectly that he wants her, however I feel it would add something and would be sweet if it was said clearly :wub:
- The home: their home is more than a house, it has much value specially that SR lost it and got to live in it again after 13 years, I wonder will WJ and SR live in it alone? Or will the whole family live in it, including Jennifer, and definitely Deokgu? I believe I'm okay with both! However I keep thinking about changing WJ's room/SR's previous room's decor into one that would suit newly weds, that would be nice to see! :D
- With regards to the coach who met with Chan, I think after confessing to SR and knowing the truth about her and WJ, this might be his escape, I don't think this was put into the story without having any significance
- We're missing a backhug here! Can't imagine any K-drama without a backhug haha
- The polaroid photo and SR's reaction to it, I sooo want to see this!
- The husband/wife thing was brought on a couple of times, it's definitely a sign! And I think it goes with the rhythm of the story, that they have been slowly growing up together and both soon will be ready for such a role. I wouldn't mind a proposal only, I bet it will be on the crossbridge, and it'll be enough for me. I don't like the classic ending with a wedding party. And how about going together to Germany for SR to fulfill her dreams? I don't mind this either.

I was wondering why this show is getting so many good reviews. So, I decided to check it out.

WOW! This drama made me feel so many emotions... Seo-ri, Woo Jin, Chan and Jennifer’s emotional struggles, their happiness, and so much more. Specially Seo-ri, she lost so many years of her life but she is not resentful towards the people or her Uncle/Aunt or anyone. I loved her character so much. Not for a moment that I disliked her. I could just feel the emotions of all characters of this drama. 

This show also has so many good, funny and oh so super cute moments. :D (My Fav: kiss scene in ep 24) 

Looking forward to watch the finale episodes. This drama made me realise why I love kdramas so much, all over again. :) 

Well done, “30 But 17” team. 

Because I am already missing our 3017 team, I decided to look at SHS and YSJ's past work and I'm not sure if its just me craving that spark between WJ and SR a little more? Anyone getting that FAM(ily) feels rather than lover vibe?

No doubt their characters have been set up as such: shy yet curious, rearing to love yet cautious. After all, SR was initially trapped in her 17 year old mindset, being all unsure of the world she woke up to and desperately trying to accustom herself to her 30 year old shell; while WJ is withdrawn in his 30 year old body and haunted by his memories from 13 years ago, unable to open himself up. Naturally we cannot expect a regular romance and typical progression of a love story that we have seen from their previous works.

Yet somehow, I feel the chemistry between YSJ and Seo Hyun Jin even just by watching OSTs with highlights from their drama and press conference. Everything feels so natural and real watching their interaction, could it be because it was their second time acting together?

I also remember watching an episode of Happy Together with SHS and Sung Hoon, and I thought back then, wow, the chemistry between these two are simply exploding! It made me want to watch the drama just to see them portray a couple. They too, were so natural, it felt like they were dating for real!

Back to SHS/YSJ and sure they share some laughter behind the scenes, but no real close interaction and it all seems so prim and proper, as if they were no more than colleagues and "this is all for work". Probably just my shipper mind wishing for more, or the nature of their characters in this drama that prevents a closer relationship :(. Still, they look so good together, and seem like such passionate actors, I hope they at least forge an ongoing friendship from this!

P.s. Does anyone think Chan aka Ahn Hyo Seop looked better in his previous work My Father is Strange? Definitely better with more weight on! Poor thing lost so much weight training to be a rowing champ.

Nope....no shipping vibes that I can gather between SHS and YSJ.

I think how they have acted so far very much suited the drama. (This is not Another,Oh Hae Young - Hahaha - and look how that loveline turned out)

If there were to passionately kiss, I feel it would be out of sync with how the drama is progressing (or is this just me?)

I think as long as the leads manage to kiss properly (lips on lips), I am already gratified because I have seen some shockers of kisses where one of the acting pair is like a dead fish or with a surprised look on their face or worse, a kiss on the space between the lips and the nose. SIGH.

@dftio I would say yes and no. No because I looove their interaction together and all their scenes seemed to be easy going and fluffy and going with the storyline. And this means and shows what a great job they did in portraying those characters because it's all about the story itself. It's like a teenage romcom, but by older actors. It's more of a healing one rather than one with passionate romance so anything else would seem odd. Maybe if it was another story or the same story but longer it would have allowed them to show us something else.

I rarely watch BTS and if I do so it means I'm so into the drama, like this one. So I'm not sure how both are usually in other drama's BTS. I ship them so much! They look good together and I think I've seen YSJ caught staring at her in a previous BTS and he mentioned once that he's a fan of her. But I don't usually give myself high hopes when it comes to couples that I love. I would be happy if they continued to be friends and let's hope to see them in another project in the future. 

Edit: Btw, so I became curious and went to read more about them. I started watching 30b17 only for YSJ and this is my second time watching him. I watched the first one after filming so I did not go through a lot of BTS for his previous works. But it seems like he is a quiet person and maybe tends to keep a distance with co-actresses, specially that he stood in front of some of the best in the industry, older in age and experience. I have not watched a full drama for SHS, only a few random episodes whenever I was free, so I consider this my first. I came across comments by both SHS and YSJ fans, stating that they have not seen either more comfortable with a co-star before as like now, which satisfied me. Also there is one more thing I would like to add. I remember when I watched an older drama about a year back or two, I got to feel the vibes of the filming location, BTS were more and even longer. Almost every day there were new pictures on SNS by the actors themselves and the staff, selfies, BTS, and so, I miss that in 30b17! I love the BTS they are releasing but I want to see more. That would have made a difference I bet. Maybe we'll get to see those released once the show ends.

SPOILER *****

Although many of you have predicted this....

Beginning scene which is going to be ending scene but with SR too :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bny4lS6hEaf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1wv0yzxcg24ko

@dftio Being a big fan of SHS, although not as big as @meechuttso, I can tell you she is very friendly with everyone. She just has that personality. She is also going to try to work as much as possible as she used to be a nobody, so she’s probably too busy to date....but....

Now I’m not trying to get your hopes up but I can tell you one thing about her she has said on a variety show and interviews is that she is forward with someone she likes. During one of the promo interviews with YSJ and SHS, she said she’s a huge fan of his....I can’t think of anyone (male) wise that she has said that about besides Won Bin, whom was her ideal until he got married. 

As for YSJ, I’m a new fan of his and don’t know much except from snippets I have read about him on @mademoisellesia thread on YSJ. So correct me if I’m wrong mademoisellesia, but I believe I remember reading an interview about how he prefers getting to know someone slowly over time and doesn’t believe in love at first sight. 

So looks like being friends is a good start!:wink:

8 hours ago, dftio said:

Because I am already missing our 3017 team, I decided to look at SHS and YSJ's past work and I'm not sure if its just me craving that spark between WJ and SR a little more? Anyone getting that FAM(ily) feels rather than lover vibe?

No doubt their characters have been set up as such: shy yet curious, rearing to love yet cautious. After all, SR was initially trapped in her 17 year old mindset, being all unsure of the world she woke up to and desperately trying to accustom herself to her 30 year old shell; while WJ is withdrawn in his 30 year old body and haunted by his memories from 13 years ago, unable to open himself up. Naturally we cannot expect a regular romance and typical progression of a love story that we have seen from their previous works.

Yet somehow, I feel the chemistry between YSJ and Seo Hyun Jin even just by watching OSTs with highlights from their drama and press conference. Everything feels so natural and real watching their interaction, could it be because it was their second time acting together?

I also remember watching an episode of Happy Together with SHS and Sung Hoon, and I thought back then, wow, the chemistry between these two are simply exploding! It made me want to watch the drama just to see them portray a couple. They too, were so natural, it felt like they were dating for real!

Back to SHS/YSJ and sure they share some laughter behind the scenes, but no real close interaction and it all seems so prim and proper, as if they were no more than colleagues and "this is all for work". Probably just my shipper mind wishing for more, or the nature of their characters in this drama that prevents a closer relationship :(. Still, they look so good together, and seem like such passionate actors, I hope they at least forge an ongoing friendship from this!

@dftio   Sorry to have edited a bit of your post, I am one of those that have the same shipper mind as yours for these two, but now that I think about it, I get what you mean about them being all "prim and proper." I have watched their interviews and their first VLive just before the airing of the first episode. It seemed like YSJ was more...awkward, even during their e-news exclusive interview. Seems like with him being in demand and rising popularity, he is still learning the ropes on what to do with regards to doing press conferences, interviews, etc. (so cute lol)

I have not seen any of their previous works, although I am planning to watch Duel and My Golden Life after I get over my fangirling 3017 (when that'll happen, I just have no idea :lol:), but how could I concentrate on their respective onscreen partners when I'm stuck on this OTP?? I ship them so bad, though, but I'll settle for them doing more projects together (in the near) future. 

@Yongzura Love what you just posted on here. I follow that IG account, too!

@thistle I am not ready to let go of 3017, either. :bawling:

@Dramanoona Bwahahaha! :joy: Love your latter comment,

"If there were to passionately kiss, I feel it would be out of sync with how the drama is progressing (or is this just me?)

I think as long as the leads manage to kiss properly (lips on lips), I am already gratified because I have seen some shockers of kisses where one of the acting pair is like a dead fish or with a surprised look on their face or worse, a kiss on the space between the lips and the nose. SIGH."

O...M...G... You took the words right out of my mouth. Nothing is more beyond frustrating that seeing actors kiss like that. They might as well act like flippin siblings or something. Lost count on the many times I've done :rolleyes::rolleyes: every time I see worse than lukewarm kissing scenes. Ugh.

I'm watching 3017 ep 13 (yet again lol) :sweatingbullets: and I have a feeling that Dr HT knows what happened to SR's uncle, maybe? 

I will really miss my Mondays and Tuesdays eagerly awaiting new 3017 eps. I try not to, but I am still miffed that we've been shortchanged on the other eps they've cut. They better make up for them on these last two, or I'm gonna go :crazy:!

Oh, I managed to somehow sign up for that 3017 DVD cafe on daum[dot]net and also kakao (with v. heavy use of goog translate), but for the life of me, I could not figure out where that demand survey is. :bawling: Help! 

*I'm sure you can tell I don't know whack about knowing any Korean, let alone reading a website in Korean! :blink:

Can’t wait for the final episodes, but so not ready to say goodbye to 3017!!

I’m delurking finally to spill a bit of my heart :P Thank you ALL for the cute gifs, thoughtful insights, amazingly accurate fan theories and such. Really added tons of fun to these past few months as we journeyed with this show!

@meechuttso Wuah, I want the memorabilia!! Okay, maybe not the toilet plunger.

@r047 Totally agree with your list of things that would make for a satisfying ending. I’m very curious how they will handle their house, since that space and the concept of home or a found family is a huge theme. I think it’d be really cute to have them say the room upstairs is now both Woojin and Seori’s room after all. No more argument or confusion on whose it is. It’s THEIRS! (P.S. that’s right, give us some back hugs! and more closeness and the smooshing of their cheeks together hehe.) 

Yes, they’ve hinted at marriage throughout, and it would it would be natural with the progression of their relationship. I’d also prefer not to end on wedding scene/be okay with proposal only. (If there is a wedding, it’ll be nice to see the whole ensemble/cast come together.) I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the idea of them flying off to Germany to fulfill part of her dreams. This is a stretch, but if we time jumped or continued in fanfic land, Jennifer would be like Seori’s mom and greatest support through her first pregnancy/child. It would be filled with lots of laughter and tears and life lessons ;___;.  Woojin and Seori would have 2 kids and then later on accidentally a third one, whoops, hAHAHAaha.

I think Chan will take the professional rowing route, for himself personally and possibly for having something else to focus on. Ugh, he is such a ray of sunshine, mature but immature, being all suave with “I’m busy with plans… plans with you” but then getting totally lost on his bike. His character captures a nineteen-year-old so well! Also, sounds like a lot of us are rooting for Rian. There will be happiness for this pup too, i’m sure of it.

One of the snippets in the preview is of the bus driver coming to the house. I was shocked at Jennifer’s reaction, raising her voice and shaking the man, blaming him for the loss of her husband. But I’m also really glad. Jennifer has been holding back the tears, acting robotic to numb her pain. I think this explosion of emotion is the release she needs, and she will be expressing this where Seori and Woojin, her new family, will see. They will be part of her healing experience too. Though I had many internal screaming/crying times throughout this drama, it was actually Jennifer’s scenes that made me physically tear up last week. At first I found her stilted speech and random quotes off-putting, like it was unnecessary and not that funny. But then, all of it had to do with her story and the way she coped with her loss. It became endearing and bittersweet. Also, someone please put together a collection of all her quotes?? She’s got serious sage advice!! Like choosing whether time that has passed by is a regret or a time remembered with fondness, saying that one thing that matters to those that matter to you instead of letting things sit too long, the sadness that come and the necessity of the the words “if only”, how people choose to sleep when they cannot handle something, etc. Love her.

I’m not as perceptive as others when it comes to possible plots, so I’m quite lost as to the last mystery we have—Seori’s aunt and uncle. Um, we are really waiting to the last hour on revealing what happened here?? I can’t think of anything that makes sense. I agree with @anjuliet. It sounds like Hyungtae knows more about it? Will aunt come around and have a short healing arc too like Taerin?

I personally love the beach so I’m really excited that we’ll have part 2 of beach!!! A scene that ties us back to beginning. I’d like if Woojin and Seori have a reversal with the “hanbeonman deo” scene there. But they’ll probably blow me away with something even better!! 

Edit: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Soompi not well again, took me ages to insert the below image! 

4mh7BQcU9beQ636727076709337940.jpg

@sunshine92 In the post-Temperature of Love's interviews, he said if he 'felt' something when he met a girl, he will become more cautious (unlike TOL's Jung Sun that go for it straight away) and will spend more time with the girl e.g. have tea & talk to her to get to know her better. If, only if his feelings/impression stay the same as before then he would move to the next stage (of wooing). 

Just 12 hours before next live broadcast. :D I know I need to go to sleep as it's 2 am Monday, but having mixed feelings of excitement and trepidation (knowing that last ep is tomorrow :tears:), so having a hard time sleeping. :sweatingbullets:

@r047 I did watch where YSJ said he took on the 3017 role as he thought it was healing. He also likes it and said he couldn't stop laughing when he first read the script.

I think I know which interview you mentioned. Looks like they're a fan of each other and yes, I've seen the look he gave her during one of their BTS. Trying not to get carried away with it all, but yes, I ship them A LOT! :wub:

Welcome, @mimomomu :D Hope you enjoy reading through the whole thread as much as I did. Can't wait for the penultimate ep later on this afternoon! 

@Lj This is also my first ongoing kdrama that I've watched, and yes, I just cannot simply believe that it's finishing soon. :tears: I know we can watch it over and over again, but it's just not the same as having the anticipation of watching new eps every week.

Oh yeah, I really need to go to sleep now. :lol: See you all later on the flip side. 

The stills I can’t belive its already ending :bawling: my heart!!! This is the first on-going kdrama that I watched! I normally watch series that has complete episode this one is from the premier till now the end! Good thing there is work to distract me me later before I loose my mind! 

Edit: by the way I love the stills it just shows how their relationship step up, now that SR discovered that WJ is the boy from her past, now she will see him in a new light and I feel that she matured at that moment! 

Yes the reality is setting in. So looking forward to tonight's episode yet wishing the end won't come soon. After tomorrow, I have no more MonTues to look forward to anymore. The withdrawal symptoms are coming and I'm already missing everything of this show. :bawling:

Archived