Quantcast
Jump to content
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

Recommended Posts

I just finished watching the episode, and I think that it was beautiful.  Painful, yes, but handled just right.  What I really liked was the way that the reveal was handled, bit by bit, and how they showed parts of various conversations at different times (like WJ's talk with the doctor) so that they almost came at the subject sideways, showing how each of the characters was affected.  I loved it, especially when WJ thanked SR for being alive.  When he was on the verge of panic as he realized the truth, he reached for her instead of giving in to the fear.

 

Looks like tomorrow's episode is gonna be tougher, actually, and my heart breaks especially for Chan who must feel somewhat betrayed by two of the people he loves best.  And I really want to know exactly what it is that makes WJ run away--he managed to resist today, so what is gonna drive him to it tomorrow?  I'm waiting anxiously--in this case, that's a good thing.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t watched the episode yet but Chan is so lovable. If he feels betrayed by WJ and SR, I think it will be short lived. Both SR and WJ had no idea of his feelings for SR so I hope he comes to understand that. He should also realize that even though SR might think she’s 17, she is in fact 30 and would probably not consider him as a love interest because he is in fact still over a decade younger than her. Perhaps 40 years and 29 years don’t matter but 30 years and 19 years will matter. I also think Chan will appreciate the change in WJ and come to appreciate that this change is because of SR and will be happy about it because both him and WJ seem to genuinely care for each other. I really enjoy watching how close they are.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_peteji7SnY1valxs7o4_r1_500.gif  Hola amigos. This gif is how I feel after Ep 13 (25/26) today/last night.:rolleyes: Thanks @thistle for your nice take, which I wholeheartedly heart.:wub:

This episode 26, it really was about the most we could handle in the last half hour, and overall I loved it - there's nothing to dread, you guys, so go ahead and watch without fear, it was definitely another Great episode. I won't give away any spoilers since people still catching up. The story is a bit like this couple walking together, maybe off-beat a little, lacking rhythm and at times awkward, but they're shouldering it together (so far). Much laughter and much rooting for one another, and yes, much good tears, which are cleansing.

 

And then, @chardonnay

On 4/12/2018 at 12:59 PM, chardonnay said:

And I’m dying!!!! No truer words were ever spoken! :D

The good things is we will be able to meet each other when this drama is over and we are all in Rehab!!:ph34r:

I realized just now that you're the one who brought up rehab back in OJD and I was ROFL..MAO. So this must be that PTSD therapy you signed me up for afterall, sis? :crazy: Thanksalut...
 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I haven’t watched the episode yet but Chan is so lovable. If he feels betrayed by WJ and SR, I think it will be short lived. Both SR and WJ had no idea of his feelings for SR so I hope he comes to understand that. He should also realize that even though SR might think she’s 17, she is in fact 30 and would probably not consider him as a love interest because he is in fact still over a decade younger than her. Perhaps 40 years and 29 years don’t matter but 30 years and 19 years will matter. I also think Chan will appreciate the change in WJ and come to appreciate that this change is because of SR and will be happy about it because both him and WJ seem to genuinely care for each other. I really enjoy watching how close they are.

LoL it was funny how Chan is a true millennial kid who can only do 2 things - eat, row - and that, only one at a time. His epic fail at navigating on a scooter unable to get to his destination even with a smart phone was just pathetic, but so much like some nephews in real life who shall remain nameless here. It made me realize that the writer is trying to show just how immature this '19' year old oversized boy really was. But what a heart of gold! It was doubly painful to think both he and Dr HT are heart-broken already, but I don't know which is worse, the feeling of rejection after 13 years living for a vegetable girl or your first real heart-break at 18~19. :bawling:  Gif monuments shall be raised in memoriam to this outstanding young Chan. :P

 

 

But for now,

Chan's plan began to unravel when he couldn't understand the navigational system telling him an oblique turn up ahead at 2-o'clock, but in the end the mishap drove the story way fast forward! He took us inadvertently on a shortcut in the direction we all need to go!

Edited by meechuttso
Add youtube clip
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@meechuttso, broken hearts are part of life unfortunately. Many people experience them and heal eventually. Consider Jennifer and WJ who have been living many years feeling they have no right to smile or enjoy much in life. Their scene tonight automatically brought tears to my eyes. They really touch my heart to the point where a broken heart over romantic love seem small in comparison. How can two people live their life like this...wasting so many years depriving themselves of the right to smile? It just really stirs my heart that a simple joy like that they didn’t think they have the right to. Life is way too short and those wasted years...

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done watching last night episode and that was an amazing roller coaster episode, I can finally accept that the story is wrapping up till next week, our character especially SR is finally growing up, she already have a boyfriend and stable job, and of course new found family. Plus she finally get to know about her best friend, although she was near finding her aunt the mystery will unfold soon. 

 

I can see that Chan will learn in a hard way now that he knew that WJ and SR is in a relationship and no matter he was over protective of SR he forgot that she is a adult that can have her own decision, I’m glad that fate really interrupts him from confessing to her, I don’t want them to be awkward to each other. I feel bad about him as well in the coming episode because he will be missing his uncle, he is still young and needs a lot of support; imagine at a young age he was like taking care of his uncle who hide from the world. I hope we will overcome the situation.

 

Lastly our WJ, he finally knows! although in thankful that HT finally appeared this episode ( now I know why he just appeared now) WJ deserves to be free from guilt that his first love is still alive and she was with him the whole time. SR helped him to be back in his real self and I can assure that she will help him again, I can understand that he needs to pass that stage of acceptance, he will still be hurt and blame himself not for the bus accident but from loving her that he thought he don’t deserve her at all. I want him to heal and completely guilt free from anything especially that out of all house why his father bought SR house? That house leads back together. 

 

Im looking forward in the remaining episode and why the aunt completely cut her ties to SR, who was in the hospital at that time and she was the one who sells the house not even the uncle. The uncle is the one related to SR’s parents right? It means that her uncle really run alway, because he said that he was in a business trip but she saw him on the day of accident. Anyway so many things needs to unfold. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

 

And then, @chardonnay

I realized just now that you're the one who brought up rehab back in OJD and I was ROFL..MAO. So this must be that PTSD therapy you signed me up for afterall, sis? :crazy: Thanksalut...
 

 

@meechuttso you are so welcome!! I will see you in therapy!!!  It is so great we seem to love the same dramas, and some-not so much!! (MGL)  I always look for you, as a partner in crime!!, and your savvy comments!!  ( I still haven’t recovered from KKW’s thighs!!)) But we will never waver in our admiration for SHS!! Not sure what her first role was, but from Oh My Ghostess till now- she has come so far and she is slaying!! 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

LoL it was funny how Chan is a true millennial kid who can only do 2 things - eat, row - and that, only one at a time. His epic fail at navigating on a scooter unable to get to his destination even with a smart phone was just pathetic, but so much like some nephews in real life who shall remain nameless here. It made me realize that the writer is trying to show just how immature this '19' year old oversized boy really was. But what a heart of gold! It was doubly painful to think both he and Dr HT are heart-broken already, but I don't know which is worse, the feeling of rejection after 13 years living for a vegetable girl or your first real heart-break at 18~19. :bawling:  Gif monuments shall be raised in memoriam to this outstanding young Chan. :P

 

I agree to that... this is the scene where I feel Chan is still "a kid" although before this he looks mature in taking care of both his uncle and SR .  I guess he was so nervous of going to have a perfect event thus create this situation.  

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@meechuttso, now that I’ve watched more of the episode, the sympathy I felt for the doctor from the posts you guys made was slowly diminished. I just didn’t like how aggressive he was behaving in trying to make decisions for SR. He doesn’t ask her if she would like to come stay at his place but basically states that he will bring her to his place. I know he’s SR’s childhood friend but he wasn’t considering SR’s current feelings at all. Nor did he ask her what she wanted to do before declaring his decisions. I also didn’t like how he kept telling WJ basically he was nobody to SR and didn’t have the right to be her guardian. Obviously SR’s comfort level with them and SR’s declaration that they were her family should have prompted him to ask her what she wanted to do if he wanted reassurance that she was safe. And the argument “I know her longer than you” is silly. I liked that WJ ignored all that and just focused on how far SR has come and how she’s doing now.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@meechuttso, now that I’ve watched more of the episode, the sympathy I felt for the doctor from the posts you guys made was slowly diminished. I just didn’t like how aggressive he was behaving in trying to make decisions for SR. He doesn’t ask her if she would like to come stay at his place but basically states that he will bring her to his place. I know he’s SR’s childhood friend but he wasn’t considering SR’s current feelings at all. Nor did he ask her what she wanted to do before declaring his decisions. I also didn’t like how he kept telling WJ basically he was nobody to SR and didn’t have the right to be her guardian. Obviously SR’s comfort level with them and SR’s declaration that they were her family should have prompted him to ask her what she wanted to do if he wanted reassurance that she was safe. And the argument “I know her longer than you” is silly. I liked that WJ ignored all that and just focused on how far SR has come and how she’s doing now.

 

This is like the young HT who told her he wanted to get married to her when they were students.  For  a while he forgot he is now a doctor not just a friend.  Glad that they showed us how SR told him to give her some time to get to know him again as adult.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, philosophie said:

He finally knows! But now I gotta wait till tomorrow’s episode to see how it all pans out :bawling:

 

about 12 more hours ....  waiting patiently..

 

Still have faith in WJ

 

 

Credit to the owner

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

This is like the young HT who told her he wanted to get married to her when they were students.  For  a while he forgot he is now a doctor not just a friend.  Glad that they showed us how SR told him to give her some time to get to know him again as adult.

Ah, many are the boys who desire Seo-Ri, but only one is the chosen, as the nice old lady who gave Seo-Ri a bundle of corn cobs recognized immediately. :phew:

 

Check out the latter part of this happy clip which cuts a bit too early the best part at the end.

The old lady says to her, "What a pretty husband you have" (the sub says handsome, but she actually says 예쁜, pretty), which flusters Seo-Ri, but he's taking it as from a prophetic oracle. :w00t: Go, Vir-Woo-Jin! She's ripe! You're the chosen, the one with the excalibur! :naughty:

 

 

56 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

the sympathy I felt for the doctor from the posts you guys made was slowly diminished.

I still love Hyung-Tae for his devotion to Seo-RI. He was always sure who he wanted, and he's not going to go down without a fight - we can't fault a man for that. Maybe the writer is making it easier for us because if he's too perfect we'd all be pulling our hairs out - Chan's clearly too much of a boytoy for a modest young lady like Seo-Ri to play with, but the Doc? He has to have some issues for us to make an easier choice rooting for the OTP. Just my 2 cents. :tounge_xd:

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIk8O0kSC3VnWs10Opzgaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdda2g7T9REkxKstLfIs8tumblr_pcn2mguLKh1uq4zv4o1_400.gif

 

There are some dramas that you don't even have to know the ending for they are already on your favorite list...:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished ep 13 with subs. This episode felt really rushed and packed in my opinion... this is definitely not going to be 20 episodes.

 

Remember that her aunt was supposed to go to Seoul originally??? Not happening anymore because she already saw SR. What was the purpose of Chan saving her kid  if it wasn’t for building up this conflict? Now it doesn’t make sense for her to go to Seoul anymore and the scene with Chan saving her son is pointless now.

 

Also where did HT even come from in the hospital scene??? How did he know SR was in the hospital? Is it just me who felt it was totally out of blue and random that he came up from behind to call out her name without any previous build up???

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the moment I have been waiting for has arrived. Mr. Gong finally figured out who Seo Ri is. Honestly, I kind of expected he would run away after figuring it out. He is still dealing with his own trauma from the  accident. He blames himself for her condition when it wasn’t his fault. To make matters worse he saw the accident happen right in front him. From my own personal experience, when you see something that tragic happen with your own eyes that image gets burned into your brain and it never goes away. So I can sympathize with how Mr. Gong feels.

 

Now a couple of annoyances from this episode...

 

Chan Chan Chan. Dude seriously she is not 1 or 2 or 3 or even 5 years older than you. She is 11 years OLDER! What stupid mindset makes you even think she would think of you as anything more than a little brother figure? Come on man! I know we all saw this coming but seriously  how about a dose of reality for the kid with the pet chicken.

 

HT...Arrogance was big with this dude tonight. So what he looked after Seo Ri a little while she was in a coma? That doesn’t mean he had any entitlement over her. That was the message I felt he was trying to convey to Mr. Gong. That Seo Ri belonged to him. The whole time he was lying to SR I was yelling 거짖말! at my tv. Really hated that. She is a grown woman and deserved to know the truth.

 

We still haven’t solved the mystery of what happened between the aunt and uncle other than the uncle’s company went bankrupt. But hey. I got significantly more SYY time in this episode so I am good.

  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...