Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

Oh my... I couldn’t watch it live but seeing your reactions it seems like most of you are really frustrated... So it does look like it’s going to be only 16 episodes. I don’t understand why they couldn’t adjust the pace? Why pack everything in one episode? 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, dftio said:

I wish someone could translate what Koreans think of this riduculously rushed storyline. I would hate for it to bury the awesomeness of our actors! It could have been a drama to win some awards if it drew enough audience and ratings but now what? Just another K drama that started out slow, peaked and then plateaued and hit a wall?

Poor Yang Se Jong, he really is doing an amazing job for a drama that revolves around SHS. SHS must be sighing at her sort of unfortunate first mini series as a female lead that is being cut short. I mean, its her drama VS her 2 ep mini drama upcoming. :expressionless:

Now who is on the planning team for SBS that decided this drama schedule! :triumph::unamused:

It seems there is a trending hashtag on Naver on the cut down of episodes. Can't understand anything unfortunately. 

@kyung16 Thank you! At least we got something to keep our hopes alive for tomorrow's ep :D

• Like 2

If anyone wants to read what exactly happened in the show:

https://www.dramamilk.com/still-17-kdrama-live-recap-episode-25-and-26/

Preview:

The preview translation:

WC – What’s wrong? What’s going on?
Chan – Why are you looking for old things?
HT – The one that paid for Seori’s hospital bill for 11 years?
HT – If I saw her when she came to visit my place as your back up…
Jennifer – It sounds sad, the word “if”
WJ – Which ticket can I get quickly that takes me the farthest away?
Chan – Uncle, uncle? Why isn’t’ he here?
WJ – If I knew it was my fault, then I shouldn’t’ have loved you at all from the beginning…I am sorry

cr: dramamilk

• Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, aisling said:

Oh my... I couldn’t watch it live but seeing your reactions it seems like most of you are really frustrated... So it does look like it’s going to be only 16 episodes. I don’t understand why they couldn’t adjust the pace? Why pack everything in one episode? 

I agree.  They still have 3 episodes left.  The last episode ties everything up in a bow at the end but that left them with 2 episodes where they could have paced this a little better.  Just looking at the comments, I have some trepidation but how tonight and tomorrow's episodes will go.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, shaselai said:

so do we have 3 more episodes (days of this show) or tomorrow's last day? 

I believe we will have episode 14 tomorrow.  Then next week Monday will be episode 15 and the finale (16) on Tuesday.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sunshine92 said:
Picture says it all...all I have to say is FINALLY!

“FINALLY” the word that I missed to say several times with this drama. Many revelations took so long to unfold. I thought they’ll let Mr. Gong know that SR is his first love and HT will see SR on the last episode. Writernim seems to like torturing the viewers. Just my opinion.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, r047 said:

It seems there is a trending hashtag on Naver on the cut down of episodes. Can't understand anything unfortunately. 

@kyung16 Thank you! At least we got something to keep our hopes alive for tomorrow's ep :D

Anyone who reads Korean who can tell us what they are saying?  Maybe an uprising to make SBS rethink their poor choices? 

This show went from this 

to this in a matter of minutes and it's given me emotional whiplash.  I feel as bad as the characters feel for all their devastating revelations. Hyung Tae, to be treated as a stranger and find out his only love for his entire life who he waited for 13 years for, now treats him like a stranger and is the GF of another guy she just met a few months ago? Though I love the OTP, that's a very cruel treatment of HT by the writer. I hurt for him the character and the real life actor the most in this episode.  He deserved more airtime and better treatment as both the real person and the character. 

Both scenes match my real emotions regarding this show today as well.  I feel like Seo Ri right now, though of course finding out your best friend died is not the same as finding out your favorite show got cut and will end very abruptly soon.  However,  finding out that my favorite show has suddenly been mishandled and treated so unjustly by SBS is very devastating and upsetting.  They were given a hit and all they had to do was not mess it up, but first cutting this show for some random sporting events and now they are permanently cutting a whole bunch of episodes and it's for Shin Hye Sun's other drama special? That's too soon to jump from one character and OTP to another in one week for the audience and so unfair to Shin Hye Sun because that means both shows will suffer as a result.  SBS had ratings and hot topic discussions gold with 30 but 17 and this is how they treat it?  I am beyond sad, upset, frustrated... This show usually leaves me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside but this is the first time I feel so drained and sad - and it's not even the show's fault.  This was too much to take in all at once.  

Edited by gster3
Also, another random fact I learned is that if you give people the upset face signs, they don't get forum points for that. So if you actually agree with me or others, please use like or other symbols so everyone on here can get the pts they deserve.
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Frustration and sadness are all over the place today! This cutdown news deprived me from my Monday-Tuesday happiness. I could not enjoy the episode well though it was a very emotional one, aside from the rush in revealing things all at a time. This is sadly unfair to the storyline, the actors, and us fans. For such a hit I would extend episodes or film a special, but cut? SBS should release something to justify this! 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, r047 said:

Frustration and sadness are all over the place today! This cutdown news deprived me from my Monday-Tuesday happiness. I could not enjoy the episode well though it was a very emotional one, aside from the rush in revealing things all at a time. This is sadly unfair to the storyline, the actors, and us fans. For such a hit I would extend episodes or film a special, but cut? SBS should release something to justify this! 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The euphoria and excitement of waiting for this episode was cut down to the quick with the addition of the news by SBS. I feel for the all the people involved. Even the actor who plays Chan-Chan, he turned down was it two lead roles because of this drama, only to deal with this. 

I really love this drama, it's nothing like the others I have watched before, but it's the first time that I'm not looking forward to the English subs out later tonight. 

I do hope people in S. Korea is sharing the same sentiments and frustrations as we are and they say something about it (like how they complained about the channel having too many commercials). 

• Like 2

I actually feel sad for the writer who did a great job so far but being forced to rush her story just because of drama cuts due to sports and time schedules and whatever reasons we don't know. 

I feel sad for my Hye Sun baby who is enjoying and having so much fun in her first mini series as the female lead, AND which is earning HIGH RATINGS only to have it cut short .

I feel sad for YSJ whom I have grew to like after watching him for the first time as WJ that he's affected too because of SBS inadequacy. He's such an amazing actor... thumbs up!

I feel sad for AHS that he gave up his first lead role only to find that this drama is cut and that drama he's supposed to lead only resumed filming now.

I feel sad for Dr HT that he's reduced to a special appearance character when there's so much to show, especially him being her old friend who took care of her for 13 years only to be treated so estranged by her. Seems weird when the other day she was trying to look for him when she thought he became a singer. I didn't expect her lukewarm response to him. I thought she would hug HT back and  jump like she always do so with Chan and friends.

ALL that sadness apart, I have to applaud our superb cast in today's episode. It was such an emotional roller coaster for them and for us. Although I don't know what they are talking about, I could feel their emotions and tears, and it got me tearing up too. Chan, SR, WJ, HT, Jennifer and Aunt... they all did so well! What a great acting  ensemble that I wished they could work together again. I just love this cast, every one of them. The drama may be cut short but their acting and professionalism are legit :thumbsup:

And I love the part when otp carried vegetables so happily! Didn't know carrying vegetables can be so cute!:P

From the preview, SR sees the painting in the storeroom and realises the truth. She chased to the airport but misses him. Then she go back to that bridge while thinking of him.... maybe he change his mind at the last min and come running bsck to the bridge for his SR. This my guess for tomorrow episode :)

• Like 7

I have really enjoyed the pacing of this show because it makes sense to me.  Characters with issues like the ones that WJ and SR have are bound to move at a very different pace.

And I think it also makes a certain sort of sense for everything to blow up all at once when the race was done and fate took over at the hospital.  Dramatically, all of those threads had to converge at some point, and the best time for them to converge was exactly when the viewers began to feel happy and comfortable.  Entertainment keeps our attention, and sometimes that means that we may not like the way things are going for awhile.  I trust the writer to come through on this, just the way I have trusted them with the slow pace of this show.

It also makes perfect sense that WJ would immediately run away.  That's what his character does when he is under stress.  That's what a real person with PTSD also does (just ask me: I know from sad personal experience).  But the fact that his relationship with SR has helped him to grow stronger means that he won't stay gone.  I trust that this will come out right, whether we have 16 episodes or 18.  I'd rather we had the maximum number but I'll take what I can get because I love this show and I don't see it as ruined in any way.

I haven't seen the episode but I have read Dramamilk's recaps, and I'm looking forward to being entertained when I watch it.  If I cry and if I feel upset, that's good; it means the show is doing it's job and I'm gonna keep watching.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Have not seen today’s episode except for clips posted, and comments. It seems like a heartache. Thank you everyone for posting! 

Also, there is so much crying in the preview, especially Jennifer. Could she be related to SR’s friend who was killed in the accident? She was at the  hospital, lost her husband? She knows the Doctor..............

She has shown so much kindness to SR, 

not sure where to go with this thought, any ideas? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, thistle said:

I have really enjoyed the pacing of this show because it makes sense to me.  Characters with issues like the ones that WJ and SR have are bound to move at a very different pace.

And I think it also makes a certain sort of sense for everything to blow up all at once when the race was done and fate took over at the hospital.  Dramatically, all of those threads had to converge at some point, and the best time for them to converge was exactly when the viewers began to feel happy and comfortable.  Entertainment keeps our attention, and sometimes that means that we may not like the way things are going for awhile.  I trust the writer to come through on this, just the way I have trusted them with the slow pace of this show.

It also makes perfect sense that WJ would immediately run away.  That's what his character does when he is under stress.  That's what a real person with PTSD also does (just ask me: I know from sad personal experience).  But the fact that his relationship with SR has helped him to grow stronger means that he won't stay gone.  I trust that this will come out right, whether we have 16 episodes or 18.  I'd rather we had the maximum number but I'll take what I can get because I love this show and I don't see it as ruined in any way.

I haven't seen the episode but I have read Dramamilk's recaps, and I'm looking forward to being entertained when I watch it.  If I cry and if I feel upset, that's good; it means the show is doing it's job and I'm gonna keep watching.

This. You said everything I felt concerning all the issues raised. I read Dramamilk’s recap earlier today too and I’m looking forward to watching the episode tonight when DramaFever releases it.

• Like 10

@thistle Couldn't agree more! Adding to WJ's running away, his character is written in a way such that he is so innocent and pure, after all these years he's still feeling guilty about the death of a girl he only gave directions to? It makes perfect sense that he will not allow himself to have this girl for himself out of guilt, at least for some time, I mean I would be surprised if he reacted in a different way. Let's hope it won't be so long! Remember WJ, you promised her you'll never leave, jeoldae! 

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, chardonnay said:

Have not seen today’s episode except for clips posted, and comments. It seems like a heartache. Thank you everyone for posting! 

Also, there is so much crying in the preview, especially Jennifer. Could she be related to SR’s friend who was killed in the accident? She was at the  hospital, lost her husband? She knows the Doctor..............

She has shown so much kindness to SR, 

not sure where to go with this thought, any ideas? 

I mentioned in a post a few days ago that I believe that Jennifer's actions seem to be a form of atonement, and I still believe that.  The fact that she is sort of linking between several characters (WJ, SR, the doctor) that, at the beginning, might now have appeared to have a link unless you knew the back story, made me wonder if she knew more about the distant connections between them than they knew themselves. 

From what I read in Dramamilk's recap, Jennifer was referring to Chan as a member of her family; so that seems to indicate that she feels her connection with these characters very strongly.  

There is also the question of what happened to Jennifer's pregnancy--that also needs to be resolved and the only child we've seen in this show is the one with SR's aunt--although he may be too young to fit the scenario, I still question why we were shown this child and why Chan was involved in his rescue.

There have been all sorts of clues all over this show and they all lead to something.  Just for example, the first time that WJ saw SR, she was standing on the overpass bridge that has lately come to be an important place for them--it was a foreshadowing.  There's also a scene at the very start with adult WJ at the beach looking at his portrait of SR that has Fang's footprints on it--this is very, very much before that ever happened.  I think there's a plan in place and that there have been all sorts of bread crumb clues left for us......there are surely many that I have missed.  It's fun to think about.

No doubt we'll see more surprises in tomorrow's episode.

18 minutes ago, r047 said:

@thistle Couldn't agree more! Adding to WJ's running away, his character is written in a way such that he is so innocent and pure, after all these years he's still feeling guilty about the death of a girl he only gave directions to? It makes perfect sense that he will not allow himself to have this girl for himself out of guilt, at least for some time, I mean I would be surprised if he reacted in adl different way. Let's hope it won't be so long! Remember WJ, you promised her you'll never leave, jeoldae! 

One of the things I have liked so much about WJ and Chan is that their relationship is so pure and so loving.  WJ has really not grown up, so Chan has taken on an adult role instead in watching over his uncle.  I think that's why he did the same with SR in taking care of her and worrying about what she really needs--certainly WJ never noticed any of that for quite awhile.  Chan didn't feel an age difference between him and SR because his age is messed up, too.  The 30-year-old here is Chan, even though he's only 17.....everything about these three main leads is flipped to the opposite when it comes to age.

WJ will come back sooner than later.  I'd be surprised if he didn't get off the plane before it ever leaves the runway.  

......I just realized that I posted after myself and I shouldn't have done that.  Apologies! I don't know how to fix it or I would.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, thistle said:

There's also a scene at the very start with adult WJ at the beach looking at his portrait of SR that has Fang's footprints on it--this is very, very much before that ever happened.  I think there's a plan in place and that there have been all sorts of bread crumb clues left for us......

Yes, you are right, and the beach scene there was WJ voice-over, then the jingle of the Rabbit/Moon charm I believe, then that smile for the person he was waiting for!

I know we all want sweetness, but there is too much to be resolved. I am still really enjoying this drama, the acting is superb, at times a little slow, but I love looking at our OTP. They are just adorable. Looking forward to the remaining episodes, no matter how many there are!

• Like 10