[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The confession ! And the OST at the end ! Hope they'll release it soon, it's my favorite with Stay with me by Hyorin ! I cried with Seo Ri, Hye Sun is such a great actress, she's the second actress (first is Hwang Jung Eum) who can make me cry just by looking at her cry !

Finally the doctor is back in the game ! But poor him as well ! Sigh ! So many soon-heartbroken characters ! :tears: why second male leads always have to suffer, damn !

Are they kissing tomorrow ? It was awkward though, they were too far away from each other...well we'll see !

1 hour ago, margeritta said:

two boys fighting over a 17yo girl trapped in a 30yo body.  Sounds so silly and absolutely ridiculous..

Yeah the concept sounded stupid when i heart about this drama i did a eye role.. if this drama was two young actors or idol actors i would not watch this at all.

If the leads sucked this would not work. 

47 minutes ago, BlueNotes said:

The confession ! And the OST at the end ! Hope they'll release it soon, it's my favorite with Stay with me by Hyorin ! I cried with Seo Ri, Hye Sun is such a great actress, she's the second actress (first is Hwang Jung Eum) who can make me cry just by looking at her cry !

Finally the doctor is back in the game ! But poor him as well ! Sigh ! So many soon-heartbroken characters ! :tears: why second male leads always have to suffer, damn !

Are they kissing tomorrow ? It was awkward though, they were too far away from each other...well we'll see !

Seo Ye-ji is another actress that can make me cry as well.. save me and her crying ahh what a ride. 

Woo Jin ah, that was not the best time to confess! Didn’t you just say at the beginning of the episode you’d wait with a confession until SR is ready?

Anyway, one mystery solved- young SR definitely had a crush on young WJ back then...

8 hours ago, dftio said:

oMO! Just as I was bemoaning the pace of this drama, FINALLY we get progression in the very last few seconds!

Hide contents

Alas he confesses his feelings to Seori! Seori's accident and past 13 years lying in a hospital bed, thus being unable to progress further with her musical career despite being a genius is about to be made public in the news, so as to attract people to the musical, which our dear hero discovers after overhearing a conversion. In an attempt to stop her 'weakness' aka sad past from being a selling point for the musical, he tells her to stop practicing for the performance and quit the musical (all brusque and with no explanation whatsoever, so she thinks he is upset with her using work hours to practice).

Seori later discovers the reason and whilst her pride is clearly hurt, she questions him in tears why, and in what position is he to stop her from performing when she could not care less about her unfortunate 13 years being made the selling point. I mean, she says, (my understanding of what she says in a gist) ''if I don't care, if this is my opportunity to perform again, what does it matter how they sell my story to attract festival goers?"

And of course he goes, "I do not want the person I like, NO, the GIRL I like to be hurt!" 

KYAHHH!!!!

NOW we are finally moving on! Full steam ahead OTP!

p.s. Hello all, just a lurker who has fallen in love with this slightly frustrating slow-paced drama but sticking with it for our adorably matching otp :)

Thank you for your helpful explanations for everyone, and welcome to the happy if a bit frustrated room, @dftio !  Do post more as you feel led to - don't sink, just peel! :w00t:

6 hours ago, ziarama said:

I am officially frustrated with how nothing is unraveled!!! I Will keep watching, but I am  so annoyed about the so many almost somethings amounting to nothing! 

Maybe the writer is a Shakespeare fan - as in, "Much Ado About Nothing" LoL. Seriously I was head-faked. What I thought was the grand finale they were already taping way ahead of the broadcast (because they said at the very beginning interview that they were about 'half way done' with shooting already, boy was that a stretch) was actually this week's episode. They're barely keeping up, it's all most what they call 쌩방 (almost like a live shoot just in time). Definitely not the BANG I was anticipating coming out of the lull I had referred to as her story's 'intermission'. :sweatingbullets:

On the production side, there probably was quite a bit of shuffling of some key characters and timelines for whatever the reason, which I don't care to speculate on even if it does feel like the drama as a whole lacks a rhythm or a good pace to it so far. Quite a hodgepodge of disjointed storylines and cute scenes. :ph34r: At least I am hoping this is kind of the low for Seo-Ri, bit of a reality check, and she has 9 episodes to climb out of it and get to the real finale, whatever that should look like for her.

So far it's almost a story of her getting 13 years of her life ripped off, only to wake up to get scammed by an unscrupulous event planner who can set her back even farther with his evil, heartless scheming.

In that sense, even though it was frustrating to watch Woo-Jin unable to communicate more clearly and lovingly to her why she should pull out, at least it's caused the OTP to move ahead with their love line. But in her mind, Seo-Ri is still a 17 y.o. (16 years old by Western age) girl, and for her, music is foremost, as it should be. She had her head in the clouds with music, not over boys, and the OTP's love line, to me, should happen more organically as she finds other things that are priority for her - biological family's whereabouts, her music, her recognition and sense of wonder and gratitude for the good people she was always surrounded by, that she was never alone. So I am waiting for those parts to keep unfolding without abating.-_-

5 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Thanks everyone for the updates. Hope tomorrow's episode surprise me :P

P/s: the image of SR talking to Jennifer in the preview reminds me of my favourite Yeon-tae :)

Yes, this drama so far turning me into Annie the Orphan - "the sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar... tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow,... you're only a day away".  And yes, her hair has come back full circle to 2016 when I started following her from Yeon-Tae role.:wub:

Korean-drama-to-watch.jpghqdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlhoTRKpJeM6rvrAH-jq0

While watching this drama and even in reading the different ideas & feelings on this thread about this story it proves how each of us doesn't see or feel the same.  How thankful I am for that.   For it's not just about romance at least not to me.  It's about surviving, growing up, learning about love and life, reaching ones hand out and pulling one closer in.  And disappointment in trusting through goodness because through innocence it's all she saw...

What I love about this drama is the differences we find... True it is about a man and a younger man who are not only related but are falling in love with the same woman.  Who happens to be trying to catch up from being a girl of 17 one day when she closed her eyes to being a fully bodied woman when she woke up.  She didn't just lose 13 years she lost everything and everyone even her sense of identity and self...

I can't speak for the writer but I can speak about what speaks to me in this drama. 

The youthfulness or childlike views that we have been given through this OTP.   Speaks sometimes loudly and sometimes like a soft whisper and shows the innocence, courage, fears and honesty that we all experienced ourselves when we too were young and growing up.  That childlike faith that allows us to say what we feel without holding back.  The excitement in experiencing so many new things for the first time.  Lessons being learned over time.  The courage to step out bravely in some things and yet the fear of being alone in the dark...

When little things and simple things even a smashed Choco pie felt like a matter of life or death.  Where our minds through dreams and our imaginations ran free.  Allowed us the freedom to pretend and our hearts the willingness to believe...

Even in the goodness in others whom call themselves adults yet are so willing to take advantage of a struggling young woman who has already lost and endured so very much.  Maybe that's whats upsetting and yet speaking to me more than anything the reality that this one idea isn't so far fetched. 

That hurting and using others and being cruel is what some children who become adults grow up to be...

Thanks @USAFarmgirl for another nice take and perspective!

I mentioned 'disjointed... cute scenes' , but this cute scene, wow Chan is just so adorable I can't stand it.:sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: "Maybe I'll even wear it when I row" he says. :w00t:  Oh what Seo-Ri wouldn't trade with him to have a bit of that youth that he so despises - the contrast here, I get it, what the writer's trying to do, I think. The extra youth-iness that Chan displays both in his actions but even more in his thoughts, is kind of how we should look at Seo-Ri still. She's not as goofy as he, but they're really more on the same level. The more I think about it, my heart aches that they can't really be together.... :tears:

(High quality clip but without subs.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BwSjgdYhTo

Hey everyone, I'm just unlurking to just gush about our OTP. This drama is so precious. I think Woojin is my favorite male lead this year. He's an endearing dork who can be tough when he needs to be. Seori is just adorable. Her character could have been a real Mary Sue but the writers and SHS did such a good job at giving her character depth. Also, did I mention that I can live off our OTP just looking longingly at each other? :wub: I got so inspired that I made an FMV for them. First one ever in my life. LOL. You can check it out if you want. My video editing skills are trash though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpETkc_Tvjk

2018090413092978718-540x675.jpg

source tenasia

They are sharing ear wax. Thus is moving rapidly now.  ;)

1 hour ago, shiroazn said:

Hey everyone, I'm just unlurking to just gush about our OTP. This drama is so precious. I think Woojin is my favorite male lead this year. He's an endearing dork who can be tough when he needs to be. Seori is just adorable. Her character could have been a real Mary Sue but the writers and SHS did such a good job at giving her character depth. Also, did I mention that I can live off our OTP just looking longingly at each other? :wub: I got so inspired that I made an FMV for them. First one ever in my life. LOL. You can check it out if you want. My video editing skills are trash though. 

@shiroazn that is a very nice fmv you made! Thank you!

You do have a point about their staring into one another's eyes, awkwardly or bedroomily. It's enough to feed a whole family for a few meals. :sweatingbullets:

PS. This grassy hill they are reclining on is the same hill where actress SHS got her birthday cakes last Friday and shooting for tonight's Episode 12 (23/24). So in case anyone was wondering if it's true that "you can't have your cake and eat it too", it's clear now that SHS was having her cake and eating it too, LoL.

Looks like I am unable to catch the drama tonight as I have a dinner to attend.

So......leaving you with this.

lrsybA.gif

He actually said it! On hindsight, it would have been good if he had discussed the whole thing with SR. However, Mr Gong is Mr Gong - he still has a way to go at putting his thoughts and intention across. The scene above was a spontaneous confession.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:14 PM, aisling said:

I’m pretty sure she had a crush on him too but we’re not supposed to know yet. We were given two hints - flashback to young SR drawing a crescendo and when she ran after that kid and saw his Pororo case. I think when she got on the same bus as WJ she actually followed him. I don’t think SR will blame him for her lost 13 years but WJ will feel guilty nonetheless.

Well, didn’t we predict this? She definitely noticed him in the past and I think we can conclude now that she followed him on that bus. 

E25BBD34-F168-465E-9032-7888697B5B9C.gif

Officially on Ep 11 so it would mean an escalation of emotions, throw in a dash of doctor to create tension, a scoop of revelation of SR's true identity, a bagful of angst with Mr Gong who always thought he had caused another person's death and now the person is here.

At least TR is not a romantic rival or my mind will boggle.

Archived