[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

YES! KHT showed up in todays episode and in the preview SR takes his name as KTH-teacher? (I may be wrong about what she called him) but I am so happy he was finally shown. :D

What exactly was the director planning that WJ didn't want SR to perform...:mellow: Was he under orders from KTR's mom or something? He has been quiet dismissive about the classical performances.

Our only hope in understanding the episode:

https://www.dramamilk.com/still-17-kdrama-live-recap-episode-21-and-22/

:lol: DM, the savior.

The director was going to make use of her weakness/13 years in hospital because of an accident that hindered on her musical career progression to tug on people's heartstrings and attract an audience. But that clearly is a stab at her pride and takes away the focus on how well she plays.

I guess WJ also did not want her past to be out in the news for all to know, I mean, its different if she reveals it herself, but definitely should not be the selling point of the music festival.

Hence, his strong protest against her performing, and which also explains why she is in tears after realizing that the organizer is making use of her past and not her and the orchestra's actual skills to boost ticket sales.

Hmm... after staring for endless episodes, and a little hand holding this episode. I don't know if I am optimistic enough that they will actually kiss. Most likely a mosquito or moth or human will stop the kiss from happening. :D

Just now, dftio said:

The director was going to make use of her weakness/13 years in hospital because of an accident that hindered on her musical career progression to tug on people's heartstrings and attract an audience. But that clearly is a stab at her pride and takes away the focus on how well she plays.

I guess WJ also did not want her past to be out in the news for all to know, I mean, its different if she reveals it herself, but definitely should not be the selling point of the music festival.

Hence, his strong protest against her performing, and which also explains why she is in tears after realizing that the organizer is making use of her past and not her and the orchestra's actual skills to boost ticket sales.

I think if her past was published, we are going to get the ball rolling. Doctor friend will definitely find out where she is and what about her aunt and uncle too. A naughty part of me is looking forward to more of WJ's type of jealousy.

Just now, dftio said:

Thank you!  That's horrible. :( No wonder both of them are heartbroken about it. But looks like the problem will be solved tomorrow and SR will still perform?

18 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

YES! KHT showed up in todays episode and in the preview SR takes his name as KTH-teacher? (I may be wrong about what she called him) but I am so happy he was finally shown. :D

Doctor... :) in this context.  (Both are correct)

Finally, he has been found.

Not very fluent in Korean either, but definitely caught the below, so I'll add to it:

Spoiler

• Woo Jin's visit to the psychologist (funnily both played psychos before, LOL) and told him he likes Seo Ri, but he'll take when I thought you guys are going to cry coz of what he said....

• That wait obviously went out the window at the end when they fought. His confession is actually a bit stronger too. From what I understand, it was "I dislike it. The person that I like, NO, the woman that I like getting hurt; I hate it. (I) hate it more than death."

---

My fear for Yoo Chan (of him overexerting and hurting himself before the competition) has come true. Sighhhh. I didn't mind him getting a crush on Seo Ri and get his heart broken in how normal people got their hearts broken, but I definitely do not want him to be crushed (x2) at the cost of his rowing dream. Though I don't think this writer is this cruel to take that dream away from him.

@sunshine92 The translated video is not in English.

Thanks everyone for the updates!

I’m trying to avoid spoilers, I want to watch it with subs later today. I only watched the preview and if they’re going to kiss, it’s probably going to be only a peck. Look at all the space between them, that’s not exactly the perfect position for smooches :D

nHWKuVB.jpg

16 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Thank you!  That's horrible. :( No wonder both of them are heartbroken about it. But looks like the problem will be solved tomorrow and SR will still perform?

I feel like she will choose not to judging by the previews.

Initially, she insists in tears to WJ that she will perform regardless of what happens. But then we see her sitting down with her teacher and thanking him for the opportunity he had presented to her.

Then we see Kim Tae Rin telling her (at the festival) that the final decision to perform or not lies with SR.

In the end, WJ tells her that it was a good dream nonetheless.

I think, as much as this was the perfect opportunity for her to debut as a violinist since coming out of her coma, given her character (just like how she insisted on paying for the repairs of her violin with her own hard earned money), she would want to make a comeback via the right channels, and not through "pity votes" if that makes sense.

And honestly, that would make it too easy for SR won't it? Performs again, achieves recognition, gets to her peak again-- that would all make the story end too early for our writer! Obviously this is more like a prelude of what greater stages she can conquer or perform at a later stage, given this push to pick up at practice hard with her violin again.

I reckon it will be more like the finale, to give a tearful, heartwarming and satisfying ending for our heroine and the drama once all our other mysteries have been resolved.

16 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Not very fluent in Korean either, but definitely caught the below, so I'll add to it:

Hide contents

• Woo Jin's visit to the psychologist (funnily both played psychos before, LOL) and told him he likes Seo Ri, but he'll take it slow and wait for her. Just went I thought you guys are going to cry coz of what he said....

Haha...I was wondering who else might have noticed him from Tunnel when I first saw him appearing in the show :D

And yes, when I rewatched the last bit, although there were parts I can't understand, I definitely caught the part about "the person I like, no, the WOMAN I like"...very intentional that his "like" is that from a man towards a woman, and there's nothing platonic about it...woah!

OMO..did SR like WJ back or just notice him when they were kids?

From Dramamilk:

Spoiler

He is so happy so he walks away and pets a little dog. Seori is also a bit flattered even though she practices saying that she is not his girlfriend. She looks at him pet the dog and then tells him that he looks pretty. He still looks like he is minimalistic, but not minimalistic in his heart. He tells her it is all because of her.

Woojin goes to pour some water in a plant as Seori sits on a blanket. But she remembers him in the past! She remembers him pouring water in a plant when they were teenagers.

he comes back to the blanket looking at him differently, he asks her what it is so she tells him that he reminds her of someone. But she remembers Chan telling her that his uncle went to Germany in high school, so she thinks he can’t be that guy. She tells him never mind and goes about enjoying their time at the Han River.

I have a feeling that WJ is the type of guy who would barrel ahead once he is sure of himself.

I am glad he is opening up and has found someone to confide in (SR) -

At least we have an episode tomorrow! YAY!

This is the frustrating part when you hold your breath thinking something will be revealed, then give a big exhalation because nope, they stopped asking.

I think that she probably did notice him and liked him - now will someone drag that Pororo tube out of WJ's room - Deok Gu!

@YourHighness .

I want her past to be revelaed it will be sad but doctor,aunt and uncle will find her. 

I think the kiss will be stopped sadly..

1 hour ago, chubbz said:

Haha...I was wondering who else might have noticed him from Tunnel when I first saw him appearing in the show :D

And yes, when I rewatched the last bit, although there were parts I can't understand, I definitely caught the part about "the person I like, no, the WOMAN I like"...very intentional that his "like" is that from a man towards a woman, and there's nothing platonic about it...woah!

whose from tunnel? 

Reveal hidden contents

• Woo Jin's visit to the psychologist (funnily both played psychos before, LOL) and told him he likes Seo Ri, but he'll take when I thought you guys are going to cry coz of what he said....

• That wait obviously went out the window at the end when they fought. His confession is actually a bit stronger too. From what I understand, it was "I dislike it. The person that I like, NO, the woman that I like getting hurt; I hate it. (I) hate it more than death."

---

My fear for Yoo Chan (of him overexerting and hurting himself before the competition) has come true. Sighhhh. I didn't mind him getting a crush on Seo Ri and get his heart broken in how normal people got their hearts broken, but I definitely do not want him to be crushed (x2) at the cost of his rowing dream. Though I don't think this writer is this cruel to take that dream away from him.

@sunshine92 The translated video is not in English.

Who played psycho's before? 

9 minutes ago, ziarama said:

I am officially frustrated with how nothing is unraveled!!! I Will keep watching, but I am  so annoyed about the so many almost somethings amounting to nothing! 

I think it’s because the writer wants to have WJ solidly in love with SR without the knowledge that she’s his first love. I suppose it would be more striking that he fell in love with both versions of SR. I also want the connection revealed soon though. I want to know if WJ will proceed from one guilt trip to the next for SR losing the opportunity to grow as a musician while in a coma. :(

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Look at all the space between them

Yes they are too far apart. Considering how close they were within in those many staring games but still nothing happened, I think it's unlikely that anything will happen in this scene tomorrow hahahaha... my prediction is no kiss :joy: 

59 minutes ago, ziarama said:

I am officially frustrated with how nothing is unraveled!!! I Will keep watching, but I am  so annoyed about the so many almost somethings amounting to nothing! 

I AM too! Why is NOTHING happening?

But still I love how SR and WJ is finding solace in each other and growing together.  The last scene today is just impactful. Both of them was so on point!

It's so funny how WJ didn't want to buy the picnic mat at first but immediately whip out his wallet to pay when the man say Girlfriend :joy: Omo what a goofy Mr Gong :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, chubbz said:

Hahahaha yeah that psycho killer!

Thanks everyone for the updates. Hope tomorrow's episode surprise me :P

P/s: the image of SR talking to Jennifer in the preview reminds me of my favourite Yeon-tae :)

I was worried last week about them using her story without her consent to draw an audience after the sketchy comment from that guy in the meeting with Tae Rin, Hee Soo, and Woo Jin and I hoped I was wrong but from the comments you guys are making I was right :( I just want her to get an honest chance. I'll comment more after the episode is officially released. 

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

Hahahaha yeah that psycho killer!

Thanks everyone for the updates. Hope tomorrow's episode surprise me :P

P/s: the image of SR talking to Jennifer in the preview reminds me of my favourite Yeon-tae :)

Who played the Psycho killer and where i like darker stuff ;p 

18 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

WJ 's psychologist was a psycho in Tunnel haha 

He also played a “weirdo” forensic scientist in Mystery Queen 2. Come to think of it, he was a forensic scientist in Tunnel too though a psycho. I assume we’ll see more of him because I imagine WJ will visit him again once he learns SR’s identity.

Archived