[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

To quote a line from one of my favourite American comedians, Emo Philips,  "ooh goodie, A paradox" :joy:

*sigh* Kinda forced to when I am quoted and tagged. It's simple as that, but you are as usual sooo right and sooo clever.

54 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Hahahahaha that's a good one! 

And maybe Seori will ask her ajusshi "why are you holding my hand?" :joy:

Bahahahaha. Good chance of this happening. :lol: I am just praying that nobody's tummy grumbles this time. :lol: Eat first before romance guys. Thanks. :P

6 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Jung Jin-Won to cameo as Chan's rowing rival. Probably Tuesday night episode.

Yes 23-24 episode

Anticipate the rivalry between youngsters. Gonna be a hot summer :lol:

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Actually I don't know what point you are trying to push, @stuartjmz ? That TR is a villian and is extra to this show? That we know it very well, since you have already deeply repeatedly pushed and reinforced this into everyone's mind from day one, like a broken record. Or that the people in charge changed her parts and reduced her to a useless redundant role different to what she was promised of a second lead? That we know too. Other than that is there anything we can do about it... Or maybe someone should advise WJW not to accept this horrible role since her fan is really upset about it?  :unsure:

Please just enjoy the show and no worries for the episodes counts. Stuart ahjussi, IMHO, this drama is about seo ri and woo jin not about KTR. So I would say that she got her role portion just fine. If I want to complaint then why they didn't give a lot screen for KHT up until now? KTR screen time is a lot more then KHT btw. If the writer want to explore each of the characters' story then it's going to be a family drama until 50 episodes or so. But I can't wait uri couple to hold hands, or kiss, that loooong :( It's fluffy and heartwarming coming of age (late) drama. No no for too much angst

SHS used to struggle with her roles back then. She got plenty antagonist role that is quite annoying in School 2013 and LBS but it proves her acting skills. Hope that WJW will too shine when it's her time..:)

Wow the ending.....Woojin said he don't want the woman he likes/loves get hurt!!! :wub:

But then the preview for tomorrow showed that Seori still leave Woojin and left crying. But again, the ending of tomorrow's preview may produce a kiss :w00t:.......maybe it is to tease us ^_^

18 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Ya, who's watching? no updates?

I was watching it live (with a bit of disconnection here and there) but unfortunately, my Korean is horribly bad so I can't live recap, lest I mislead everyone...

Doctor appeared today when Jennifer was at his place. He recalled the mismatched shoes and wanted to ask her but changed his mind. When she left, it rained. Both him and SR brought umbrella for her, but they missed each other by mere seconds.

When SR was asked which person in the photo was her, she distractedly pointed all over the photo as she was busy paying attention to WJ, worrying if he was ok, so colleague never got the answer.

WJ seems to realize (overheard phone conversation by chance) director has some ulterior motive wrt SR performing and tries to dissuade SR I think.

That's all I can recall and understand.

Edit: And by now, drama milk has begun recapping :D

I got on-off connection but...

1. they had a sort of date at the river where they watched a musical fountain show (and WJ was conned into buying the plastic to lay on the ground by an ajusshi - becasue he mentioned that SR was his (WJ) girlfriend - and SR had the cutest reaction (which you have to watch!)

2. Chan and his crush on SR - he was unhappy that SR called him a baby and kept thinking about age difference and stuff. He was happy when a little boy called him ajusshi but then his hopes were dashed when a lady stopped him and SR while they were walking and called her his noona and when he denied, she suggested SR was his imo (aunt) LOL. Chan and his friends are frantically training hard and even Jennifer has joined in by preparing their nutritious meals.

3. Jennifer is back at her part time work at the doctor's place and he remembered the mismatched house shoes but didn't ask Jennifer about her replacement the other day (UGHH--- well at least he appeared once in the episode). Another near miss as it rained while Jennifer was leaving his place and SR came running over with an umbrella to give her. However, doctor had passed an umbrella to Jennifer AND WALKED AWAY ! - THEY MISSED EACH OTHER BY INCHES!. We also learn about Jennifer and how she has all this knowledge. I think she went to the library and read and read and kept reading after the accident.

4. There was a whole arc about the music festival when WJ overheard the tall guy (not sure of his name but he was part of the music team - not the music professor) saying something which prompted WJ to tell SR to not participate in the festival and CEO not to go ahead with the staging. I think something sneaky was happening here with the music show.  So we see WJ upset, SR upset (because her dream of performing will not be realised) and WJ refused to tell CEO or SR why he made the demand.

5. We end with SR finding out the truth (which I don't know what it is) and she confronts WJ at the office. And somehow I think he confesses to her?( I heard the word, woman (yoja), like (joah) in the same sentence and there was a shocked look on SR's face)

Preview :

Seems like SR is still upset, WJ is upset

More about the festival and it looks like she gets to perform (?)

And they were sitting on the stage and inching to a kiss.

It also looks like Chan has an ankle problem but he is pushing ahead with the competition (I feel that there is something bad that is going to happen)

Sorry! This is as much as I can remember.

The must watch scene is the date at the river scene and the moment at the playground as they sheltered from the rain.

oMO! Just as I was bemoaning the pace of this drama, FINALLY we get progression in the very last few seconds!

Spoiler

Alas he confesses his feelings to Seori! Seori's accident and past 13 years lying in a hospital bed, thus being unable to progress further with her musical career despite being a genius is about to be made public in the news, so as to attract people to the musical, which our dear hero discovers after overhearing a conversion. In an attempt to stop her 'weakness' aka sad past from being a selling point for the musical, he tells her to stop practicing for the performance and quit the musical (all brusque and with no explanation whatsoever, so she thinks he is upset with her using work hours to practice).

Seori later discovers the reason and whilst her pride is clearly hurt, she questions him in tears why, and in what position is he to stop her from performing when she could not care less about her unfortunate 13 years being made the selling point. I mean, she says, (my understanding of what she says in a gist) ''if I don't care, if this is my opportunity to perform again, what does it matter how they sell my story to attract festival goers?"

And of course he goes, "I do not want the person I like, NO, the GIRL I like to be hurt!" 

KYAHHH!!!!

NOW we are finally moving on! Full steam ahead OTP!

p.s. Hello all, just a lurker who has fallen in love with this slightly frustrating slow-paced drama but sticking with it for our adorably matching otp :)

YES! KHT showed up in todays episode and in the preview SR takes his name as KTH-teacher? (I may be wrong about what she called him) but I am so happy he was finally shown. :D

What exactly was the director planning that WJ didn't want SR to perform...:mellow: Was he under orders from KTR's mom or something? He has been quiet dismissive about the classical performances.

Our only hope in understanding the episode:

https://www.dramamilk.com/still-17-kdrama-live-recap-episode-21-and-22/

:lol: DM, the savior.

Edit: We got another savior, @Dramanoona, Thank you for explaining just what in the world was going on.

2 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Thank you @dftio ! I was dying to find out what the heck was going on that made WJ explode like that.

Let's just hope I understood that musical organiser phone conversion and all that back and forth with the newspaper reporter, Woojin/organiser heated conversions correctly with my limited korean! Ha!

Archived