Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

On 9/3/2018 at 6:42 PM, YourHighness . said:

A few days ago, I predicted something like this 

On 8/29/2018 at 3:26 PM, stuartjmz said:

T

16 episodes doesn’t make sense with the current pace. Anyway even though I’m really enjoying the show I’m getting impatient because nothing happens. 

I refuse to believe SR’s aunt and uncle abandoned her, there must be another reason. They seemed to genuinely cared about her in the flashbacks. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

A few days ago, I predicted something like this 

A friend who has quite good Korean read the message I was sent and feels it likely points to this week's episodes being the end of KTR's appearance in the Drama.  Thus, it seems that, again, I am likely to be proved right in my predictions about her part. If she leaves after this week, with 4 hours to go, it most likely will be because she is humiliated/crushed by SR outshining her after KTR tries somehow to sabotage her performance.  Given the little we've seen of her so far, including the almost-smashing of  SR's violin as a kid, this option seems more likely than her making a heroic sacrifice and voluntarily stepping aside for SR to shine. 

*sigh* OK, I was actively trying to avoid this but my post with prediction had nothing to do with your prediction because I don't read your posts. I am really sorry but I don't. But good for you that your predictions may come true again. You have earned the right to brag about it.

32 minutes ago, aisling said:

16 episodes doesn’t make sense with the current pace. Anyway even though I’m really enjoying the show I’m getting impatient because nothing happens. 

I refuse to believe SR’s aunt and uncle abandoned her, there must be another reason. They seemed to genuinely cared about her in the flashbacks. 

I agree, 16 episodes make no sense with the current pace and I am getting impatient for something to happen too. Just 2 episodes in 2 weeks have really slowed down the story and the pace. Plus generally 16 episode shows have the couple becoming official by episode 8 or 10 with a kiss. Also HT is missing so I am really doubting the 16 episode claims. But let's see.

About the aunt and uncle, I am pretty sure that the man visiting the hospital is her uncle and he is either divorced or estranged from his wife. Which is why she is living in Jeju and he is in the city. BTW unless its a parent or a sibling, love and care changes when a person turns into a living debt on life support. #cynical

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/3/2018 at 8:18 PM, YourHighness . said:

On 9/3/2018 at 7:24 PM, aisling said:

Hope at least something HAPPENS in this week's episodes if it's really going to be 16 episodes... If not I refused to believe it with the current pace. I hope it's not because i would be disappointed if they rush and ruined the second half. 

So many things still not revealed yet still got time for a new character cameo in Chan's rival? Hmmm... I hope to see Hyun Tae this week please. Time to enter the story if it's 16!!!!

I may be disappointed but there's nothing we can do if it's really set to be 16 as what Stuart firmly believes. Whether it's 16 or 20, let's just wait and see while enjoying the show. I'm still absolutely enjoying it haha! :D

Actually I don't know what point you are trying to push, @stuartjmz ? That TR is a villian and is extra to this show? That we know it very well, since you have already deeply repeatedly pushed and reinforced this into everyone's mind from day one, like a broken record. Or that the people in charge changed her parts and reduced her to a useless redundant role different to what she was promised of a second lead? That we know too. Other than that is there anything we can do about it... Or maybe someone should advise WJW not to accept this horrible role since her fan is really upset about it?  :unsure:

Edit: I agree that's the minus points of filming concurrently with the telecast compared to pre produced dramas. But I guess that's the norm for kdramas except for cable channel shows which are usually pre produced. Probably for ratings?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I thought it was stated before that it would end on 2nd Oct?

Maybe we are worrying ahead of ourselves. Let's focus on the moment and enjoy what we have in front of us? I know I am one person who hopes to see the doctor friend again and see what role he will play in SR's life.

I began this drama aware that we will be focusing on SHS and YSJ's character and of course AHS who are on the main poster.

Jennifer is relevant (as well as Deok Gu) because there is a mystery to her past (which most likely will be entwined with our leads).

As for TR, we know she is a person who was happy (?) when a rival was lost and now feels worried about her position since SR returned. And this feeling would be natural. It will not be possible to hide SR's talent even if her hands had not practised her violin for 13 years but you can see how SR's love for music and her violin shines through in her behaviour and joy when she realises she can play again.

So.....let's enjoy the show and I for one will be watching out for more running around moments and if SR will say 'Why are you looking at me like that' again. ^^

EDIT: @Ni Wen - something will happen! Instead of staring, they will hold hands. LOL

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

EDIT: @Ni Wen - something will happen! Instead of staring, they will hold hands. LOL

Hahahahaha that's a good one! 

And maybe Seori will ask her ajusshi "why are you holding my hand?" :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

To quote a line from one of my favourite American comedians, Emo Philips,  "ooh goodie, A paradox" :joy:

*sigh* Kinda forced to when I am quoted and tagged. It's simple as that, but you are as usual sooo right and sooo clever.

54 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Hahahahaha that's a good one! 

And maybe Seori will ask her ajusshi "why are you holding my hand?" :joy:

Bahahahaha. Good chance of this happening. :lol: I am just praying that nobody's tummy grumbles this time. :lol: Eat first before romance guys. Thanks. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I anybody going to watch today’s episode live? Can someone PM me a working streaming site? Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Jung Jin-Won to cameo as Chan's rowing rival. Probably Tuesday night episode.

Yes 23-24 episode

Anticipate the rivalry between youngsters. Gonna be a hot summer :lol:

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Actually I don't know what point you are trying to push, @stuartjmz ? That TR is a villian and is extra to this show? That we know it very well, since you have already deeply repeatedly pushed and reinforced this into everyone's mind from day one, like a broken record. Or that the people in charge changed her parts and reduced her to a useless redundant role different to what she was promised of a second lead? That we know too. Other than that is there anything we can do about it... Or maybe someone should advise WJW not to accept this horrible role since her fan is really upset about it?  :unsure:

Please just enjoy the show and no worries for the episodes counts. Stuart ahjussi, IMHO, this drama is about seo ri and woo jin not about KTR. So I would say that she got her role portion just fine. If I want to complaint then why they didn't give a lot screen for KHT up until now? KTR screen time is a lot more then KHT btw. If the writer want to explore each of the characters' story then it's going to be a family drama until 50 episodes or so. But I can't wait uri couple to hold hands, or kiss, that loooong :( It's fluffy and heartwarming coming of age (late) drama. No no for too much angst

SHS used to struggle with her roles back then. She got plenty antagonist role that is quite annoying in School 2013 and LBS but it proves her acting skills. Hope that WJW will too shine when it's her time..:)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Wow the ending.....Woojin said he don't want the woman he likes/loves get hurt!!! :wub:

But then the preview for tomorrow showed that Seori still leave Woojin and left crying. But again, the ending of tomorrow's preview may produce a kiss :w00t:.......maybe it is to tease us ^_^

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Ya, who's watching? no updates?

I was watching it live (with a bit of disconnection here and there) but unfortunately, my Korean is horribly bad so I can't live recap, lest I mislead everyone...

Doctor appeared today when Jennifer was at his place. He recalled the mismatched shoes and wanted to ask her but changed his mind. When she left, it rained. Both him and SR brought umbrella for her, but they missed each other by mere seconds.

When SR was asked which person in the photo was her, she distractedly pointed all over the photo as she was busy paying attention to WJ, worrying if he was ok, so colleague never got the answer.

WJ seems to realize (overheard phone conversation by chance) director has some ulterior motive wrt SR performing and tries to dissuade SR I think.

That's all I can recall and understand.

Edit: And by now, drama milk has begun recapping :D

Edited by chubbz
  • Like 8

I'm following the owner's IG  to see the updates.  Credit to the owner.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1