Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

This is 임진각평화누리공원, Im Jin Gak Peace Memorial Park near the sk nk border.

The music festival is being filmed there! 

The caption here says, " The sky is blue and Shin Hye-Sun is so beautiful" Turns out this is where her birthday cakes were, working on location on her birthday. It must've been the happiest birthday of her life, if I had to venture a guess.

Check out more pics of the venue here https://m.blog.naver.com/aniaachi/221335304039

This is going to be daebak finale! Getting excited! :joy:

• Like 8

5 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I've noticed that the show is not really good with casting child actors that look similar to their older versions of actors, LOL. The worst is the one used for TR. The young child actor has full plump lips while the adult one has thin lips. Even the face shape is different for both the actresses. The only child actor and actor matching somewhat is for the hero.

I have to agree with you but then again... Seems like this industry has like 10 young actors who play teenage parts of all dramas :lol: Apart from not resembling their adult versions I think those young actors are doing amazing job! I’m always looking forward to flashback scenes because of them.

The only time when the casting was spot on was in Seven Day Queen. 

Spoiler

Not only that teenage actor really resembled Yeon Woo Jin (the Male lead) but even his mannerisms were so similar.

583FF942-D716-458C-958C-E582F59B3C0F.gif

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, aisling said:

The young child actor has full plump lips while the adult one has thin lips

The young TR will make a good one for Kim So Hyun though she is still young enough to not need a younger child actor... i really think she bears some resemblance to KSH haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

99ABFA3B5B8A51CE10D236

These two are having WAaaaY too much fun.

9981D3365B8946F7089C09

Practiss makes perfict? That's still not quite right, let's try just one mote time. Alright noona, but I thought you said SungHoon hyung was the one who insisted on 50 practice runs for each skinship scene....

99D0EE3E5B89362B0BAD83

Oh, oh my! Just one last time, I think.I'm really getting the hang of it now. My, you have such strong forceful pull with your shoulders and arms, I'm starting to feel faint for reals... :naughty::joy:

Happy happy birthday, girl, u so naughty! Having your way with the young man s'posed to be having his way with you.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

@Ni Wen I think it is HT, although I don’t know how tall he is...the person next to SHS seems really tall.

Or it could be Chan? He was suited up in the previews.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

For Chan Fans.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ooh Lala... Chan, we hardly knew ye.... :phew:

%ED%8F%89%ED%99%94%EC%BD%98%EC%84%9C%ED%

Thanks, @sunshine92 for more pics from festival concert shoots.

In case some are wondering if they had set up all the stages just for this drama, the poster here shows that there already was a 'One Korea - Korean Peninsula Become One' event on August 11 and 12th, KPOP and Classical music on those 2 days. So it seems they had planned to use not only the venue for drama shoots after the event, but had planned the entire climax around this event, kind of like a dramatized back-story of the event, perhaps. This being dramaland, hardly surprising that a no-name violinist after 13 years can stand on such a big stage as her first performance, but it's good to know (or maybe TMI for some) that the drama was planned out with big finale in mind all along. I have no complaints. ;):phew:

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Yongzura said:

One of my favourite cakes there... the violin is quite intricate and not easy to make.  From this drama, indirectly I learnt quite a few musical terms and musical instruments.  The violin family - violin, viola, cello, double bass.  Plus the classical songs that SR mentioned... :)   I am happy too that we will get back our Monday and Tuesday right?

Yes, many beautiful musical concepts too, but probably my favorite is the 'fermata':fermata.jpg which is the 'pause' indicating a note should be held for a longer duration than the normal rhythm or tempo would indicate. A 'hold' is a better way to put it.

Then I found this: hold_me_im_a_fermata_postcard-r7ad8115f9 I think it works well with our little story of Seo-Ri and Woo-Jin here. But really, for all the characters - they all need to be held closely. :wub:

EDIT

Adding quote of Brand Reputation Ranking for Sept 1 from SHS thread.

In case anyone wonders about the popularity of this drama domestically.

Edited by meechuttso
Added rekorea data link
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Then I found this:  I think it works well with our little story of Seo-Ri and Woo-Jin here. But really, for all the characters - they all need to be held closely. :wub:

@meechuttso tq.  That is beautiful :)  Really looking forward to the next step of their relationship.

Credit to the owner

• Like 5

On 9/1/2018 at 11:16 AM, stuartjmz said:

Woah, I've had gender reassignment and I didn't even know? Awesome! :joy:

My bad....I should've read the name properly...a thousand apologies...note to self - call everyone an it (he/she) until gender is confirmed.  :lol:

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, stuartjmz said:

"They" has a fine history of more than 500 years usage as a  gender-neutral singular pronoun, so if anyone quibbles they are   a  sore loser - like KTR (to keep this on topic) :) 

Off topic

Spoiler

Anyone who uses "quibble" and "drivel" in posts registers a very loud beep on my Chingu radar.  I followed and am ecstatic to happen upon a Fellowship of Rivendell elves.  I have a lot of catching up to do to understand inside jokes.  I am woefully ignorant about this drama.  Later elven folk.  

• Like 1

source

Now YSJ fans turn with 35 of his pics. Too many to translate....

2018090401000208600014861_20180903130016

source

Jung Jin-Won to cameo as Chan's rowing rival. Probably Tuesday night episode.

2018090401000159600011381_20180903080207

source

Moonlight date scene, it says! :ph34r::w00t::sweatingbullets:

• Like 12

So can it be posible for this week to finally know the trued about her uncle and aunt. 

• Like 3

Aww the night date looks sweet. Is the festival in this week's episode? I hope this doesn't happen but there is a possibility that TR will come to know about SR's accident and her friend dying(Maybe from the nurse in the hospital or SR's uncle who I think will be shown this week) and tell SR about her before the performance just to mess with SR. But pretty sure that if such a thing happens, that SR will channel all her sadness and heartbreak into the music and the performance will become epic.

• Like 11