Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

How did I miss this one?  I am almost driven to start watching (yes I am often late to the party) merely by reading page 1 with  @meechuttso's poetic take on the drama. May not catch up quick enough to be of use to conversations but I will certainly be reading posts.  I tracked a certain Kiwi @stuartjmz here (yes she from Middle Earth). Well worth it. :lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

On 8/29/2018 at 5:44 AM, aisling said:

I just finished episode 10 with subtitles but the ending still confused me. I don’t really understand why calling out Woo Seo Ri triggered his memories again? Can anybody enlighten me?

There was a time back when they were 17, when SR was lost in her own world and about to walk past someone spraying water. WJ had called out "NSM!", thinking to warn her, and she did halt, and turned around to see who had called out but he had hidden himself so she didn't see him. In the present, history repeated and he called out "WSR!" in time to halt her before she got sprayed, so the déjà vu triggered his memories.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@chubbz Thanks for your reply, I forgot about water spraying that happened in the past, now that you reminded me of it the ending scene finally makes sense to me.

@mademoisellesia So he was so engrossed in that moment that he was about to kiss her? :D 

@Ni Wen Yes, you’re right. SES is 2 years younger than YSJ but because of the tone of Duel or because they didn’t play romantic pairing (they even played enemies because of YSJ’s dual roles) I felt like YSJ kept his distance. This is the first time I’m seeing him so comfortable around his co-star. He’s been around some pretty high caliber actors in his previous works so I guess he felt a lot of pressure. 30b17 cast consists mainly of young actors and I can tell he’s been a lot of

more comfortable. Even the way he casually touches and laughs with SHS is new to me - he was way more careful around SHJ.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

This seems a bit strange to me, since KSH is in the States filming her California travelogue thing. Whatever the reason, I'm disappointed - I was looking forward to the two of them together. 

I ran through some KSH fansites, it appears that even KSH hasn't confirmed for this drama.

1 hour ago, aisling said:

So he was so engrossed in that moment that he was about to kiss her?

Hahaha no. The translated video is out, after he asked: "why didn't anyone come in..."

The caption is "(At this rate) it seems like (we are) going to bobo".

And someone in the background said because the visual of this scene looks too good so they didn't want to come in. *Laughters* :D:D:D

@meechuttso Saw SHS's IG on her birthday cake. I particularly love that 30 cake! Soooo prettyyyy I would not want to eat it.

Don't know why SBS don't just release all these posters. These kids took so many shoots, especially young Woo Jin & Seo Ri. What a waste! The below poster looks as if Woo Jin goes, "Chu-ka, stay away from my girl!" LOL

38428875_302797000306397_172518281398190

Spoiler

40337937_297894897664168_81710147948920139328442_878530722335850_469834113256259

source: Link

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I ran through some KSH fansites, it appears that even KSH hasn't confirmed for this drama.

Hahaha no. The translated video is out, after he asked: "why didn't anyone come in..."

The caption is "(At this rate) it seems like (we are) going to bobo".

And someone in the background said because the visual of this scene looks too good so they didn't want to come in. *Laughters* :D:D:D

@meechuttso Saw SHS's IG on her birthday cake. I particularly love that 30 cake! Soooo prettyyyy I would not want to eat it.

Don't know why SBS don't just release all these posters. These kids took so many shoots, especially young Woo Jin & Seo Ri. What a waste! The below poster looks as if Woo Jin goes, "Chu-ka, stay away from my girl!" LOL

Reveal hidden contents

source: Link

@mademoisellesia where are you watching the translationed videos?

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aisling said:

Oh no! I was so sure he would accept the offer! I don’t understand why he declined such a great opportunity!

AHN HYO SEOP DECLINES MALE LEAD ROLE IN ROMCOM LOVE ALARM

http://koalasplayground.com/2018/08/30/ahn-hyo-seob-declines-male-lead-role-in-rom-com-love-alarm-with-kim-so-hyun/

Why would anyone decline a drama with kim so hyun he denied Kim Yoo Jung as well.. what is he doing lmfao.

4 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

This seems a bit strange to me, since KSH is in the States filming her California travelogue thing. Whatever the reason, I'm disappointed - I was looking forward to the two of them together. 

same for me its a TVN drama as well they been on a roll lately. 

5 hours ago, Wotad said:

Why would anyone decline a drama with kim so hyun he denied Kim Yoo Jung as well.. what is he doing lmfao.

He didn't decline the Kim yoojung drama. He accepted but they stopped filming because of her health and when she's ready to resume filming it's already clashed with his 30but17 filming. Poor guy...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Let’s take a look at fashion. :)

There’s a lot of 30b17 posts on this Instagram account, so if anybody is interested you can check the rest there.

Shin Hye Sun is quite tall and I understand they need to choose her wardrobe to reflect her teenage spirit but I honestly think what she wears in this drama just doesn’t make her justice. She definitely had better onscreen fashion moments.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

My thought is that it's OK to say "no" to something you do not want to do - for whatever reason.

He is probably receiving other offers now and maybe he has a certain path he wants to take as an actor.

He has a great screen presence and it will be interesting to see his future works. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

He didn't decline the Kim yoojung drama. He accepted but they stopped filming because of her health and when she's ready to resume filming it's already clashed with his 30but17 filming. Poor guy... 

Yes, I agree that this is unfortunate for AHS, all jokes aside about what I said earlier. One clearly good thing is that he's in high demand to be paired up with the hottest young actresses at the moment.

27 minutes ago, aisling said:

Shin Hye Sun is quite tall and I understand they need to choose her wardrobe to reflect her teenage spirit but I honestly think what she wears in this drama just doesn’t make her justice. She definitely had better onscreen fashion moments.

I don't mind. I prefer this to dramas where a supposed dirt-spoon is turning up in new haute-couture coats every episode. She'll pick it up in the second half, I think. Remember, in-ter-mee-shun so far.:phew:

8 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Oh you mean this one, with cherries and blueberries and studded roses and macarones.:scream:

39907559_2002620536695603_30983600297580

Now I just need to find cakes that say 'But' and a '17' year old's birthday cake to justify putting up random cake pics in this thread. :w00t:

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

How did I miss this one?  I am almost driven to start watching (yes I am often late to the party) merely by reading page 1 with  @meechuttso's poetic take on the drama. May not catch up quick enough to be of use to conversations but I will certainly be reading posts.  I tracked a certain Kiwi @stuartjmz here (yes she from Middle Earth). Well worth it. :lol:

Hi @nrllee with so much going in the k-dramasphere lately, it's easy to miss, especially if someone were like Mr. Gong and spend time in another place for example. Thanks for the mention - everything on the 1st post of this thread is translation (by me) of what's on SBS site. But I did take the pain to capture the poetic, somewhat flowery but fantastical sentiments of the verbiage there, so I am happy with what the drama promises based on that.

However, you're actually joining us at the best time, in my opinion, because contrary to the promise of the opening remarks, the first 6 episodes were not in line with my expectations based on that intro. 7 and 8 was much better, but the last 2 weeks, 9 and 10, which were really great episodes, had to suffer through the uncertainty and interruptions (almost like coitus interruptus for some here maybe who may have been on the throes of something mind-blowing, if you read the last few pages of hand-wringing comments, haha. :phew:).

But as Seo-Ri said (in Ep 8 think), there is a sense in which the whole first half (10 eps) was the intermission for all of us fans here on the thread.

It's like going to a NYPhil orchestra performance at the Lincoln Center with a renowned soloist - say violinist Sarah Chang for instance. The orchestra played few pieces to warm up. Then during the intermission, they give out the lifetime achievement prize to Sarah - kind of like Seo-Ri's actress Shin Hye-Sun getting her cake which can't possibly eaten for her birthday. ;)

Then intermission is over! And it's time to wrap up the sleeves, put away the corn dogs served up by Chan the usher, and get down to business! I like to think the writer may have partly purposely kept the first half draggy for the big build up in the second half, about to unfold before us in line with or exceeding our high expectations.

So welcome!  And welcome, @larrysouth and @thistle  ! and many others I may not have noticed. Thanks for all your thoughts shared!

11 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Can't wait to see this!

11 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

The Festival!! 

Yes! The Festival!! Off we Go - GGong-Seol Couple!

:love::glasses::love:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Hi @nrllee with so much going in the k-dramasphere lately, it's easy to miss, especially if someone were like Mr. Gong and spend time in another place for example. Thanks for the mention - everything on the 1st post of this thread is translation (by me) of what's on SBS site. But I did take the pain to capture the poetic, somewhat flowery but fantastical sentiments of the verbiage there, so I am happy with what the drama promises based on that.

Off topic response so in spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Ahh...you did what I tried to do with Your Honor/Dear Judge in the beginning too ("tried" is the operative word).  Although I stopped when my Google/Naver translate tossed up gibberish like "he was energetic like monkeys".  Lost in translation.  I even attempted to go via a Korean to Chinese translation then to English.  But no...the monkeys persisted so I abandoned my amateurish synopsis translation efforts.  I could not in all honesty type that in English with a straight face.

Not sure I can justify binge watching (10hrs??) just to stay abreast with conversations.  I am otherwise occupied in the judicial halls of Dear Judge/Your Honour discussing gritty realism and filling in time between episodes with the suitably lighter Are You Human Too.  But yes I will drop in on occasion to read spoilers and stay on top of Kdrama fashion all the while bemoaning how I suddenly went from a modest size M by Western standards to an XL by Asian standards.

• Like 1

I've noticed that the show is not really good with casting child actors that look similar to their older versions of actors, LOL. The worst is the one used for TR. The young child actor has full plump lips while the adult one has thin lips. Even the face shape is different for both the actresses. The only child actor and actor matching somewhat is for the hero.

40337937_297894897664168_817101479489201

So glad that the show will resume normal airing schedule from this week. :D Gimme more of our childhood sweethearts. Also can HT make a comeback, please? :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

Close up of one of those cakes SHS got. Do you think they cut them all and had a taste of each? Who kept the violin statuette?

Love those pics of the actresses with their scripts looking so happy, makes me happy.:wub:

EDIT

Unlike childhood actress, the resemblance here is uncanny. :phew:

Edited by meechuttso
  • Like 8

Close up of one of those cakes SHS got. Do you think they cut them all and had a taste of each? Who kept the violin statuette?

Love those pics of the actresses with their scripts looking so happy, makes me happy.

@meechuttso (I had trouble deleting the insta so I copied your post)

One of my favourite cakes there... the violin is quite intricate and not easy to make.  From this drama, indirectly I learnt quite a few musical terms and musical instruments.  The violin family - violin, viola, cello, double bass.  Plus the classical songs that SR mentioned... :)   I am happy too that we will get back our Monday and Tuesday right?

• Like 5