[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

6 hours ago, larrysouth said:

That is an interesting take on SR following WJ onto the bus.  Since she taps on his shoulder almost immediately once the bus starts traveling I had assumed that she was already on the bus.  However, she could have come on behind him without him noticing.  Wouldn't that be awesome if she kind of went stalker on WJ, following him around unnoticed just like he was doing to her?  Since SR said she was needing to go to the Cheongan Art Hall, my thinking was she already knew what stop to get off at but needed some way of starting a conversation.  That scene is just full of great teen awkwardness. :flushed:

I hope so bad for this to happen haha.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

Staying to true to my contrarian principles, I gotta shout "DEAR ME NO!" to the idea of a "fated first love" storyline AGAIN. I am  SO SICK of K Dramas bizarre insistence that two adults cannot possibly, under any circumstances, ever fall in love as adults, without first having been "in love" as children". Granted, a teen crush is nowhere as downright icky as the usual kindergarten kismet mierde del toro  we see so often, but there is absoltely no need for it. The 30 old Seo Ri is quite capable of falling for the 30 year old Woo Jin,  the idea of a mutual crush adds nothing to the story, and is irrelevant to their romantic arc now. But since pointless, irrelevant plot meanderings are this Drama's raison d'être, I guess we will indeed see yet another story in which adults MUST be in love because they "were" decades ago. Le sigh! 

Ill disagree with all of this i personally feel it will add more to the story if it turns out she was stalking him a bit and got on the bus to talk to him etc.. 

Guest aoikarin

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm3fZpIA1ny/?hl=id&taken-by=crazydramaaddict

My Thoughts about young Seori and young Woojin : She knows him  before but doesn't know him in person actually. She chased him before, the boy with telescopic tube with Pororo Stickers. She's been seeing him around with Chan on their neighbourhood. On the day of the accident, she's going to Cheongan Hall, her routine Youth practice hall and saw the boy with his pororo telescopic tube. She's curious about him and finally talk to him with an excuse "how to get to the art hall". She never intended to get off the bus at the stop where Woo Jin off the bus. Another passenger bus pressed the stop button and Woo Jin misunderstood it was Seo Ri who wanted to get off the bus. Woo Jin's little misundertanding made he thought that he has messed her life by telling her to get off the bus later.:blush: The accident happened to Seo Ri had nothing to do with Woo Jin. It's their little misunderstand carried for 13 years old. But 30 is a magical age in this show.. Good things pour into them afterwards. :wub:

2018083113271875404-540x648.jpg

From http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1558995

Top 6 scenes the 3 leads picked as their favorite. See if you can guess before peeking.

Spoiler

SHS: ep 1 accident , ep 8 roof top open

YSJ: ep 1 Seo-Ri's tears  , ep 6 Chan's comforting Seo-Ri with Deok-Bokki

AHS: ep 11 bicycle scene w SHS , ep 13 solo crew scene

These are in the half-hour episode numbering.

I guess AHS really liked the way SHS tugged at his , erm,... pockets....:naughty:

I love that roof top scene too. Both of them so beautifully smiling. Such a healing and warm sight. 

Yeah... and Happy birthday Hye Sun sshi! Hope your career continue to rise and may good roles keep falling to you!! :grin:

Here comes the moth scene's BTS!

Omo! They included the button's BTS too.

... and Dramabean's recap of E19-20 →http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/08/thirty-but-seventeen-episodes-19-20/

@aisling How accurate is Korean Portal's news? If it is accurate enough, then this could be the reason:

It is assumed that he declined a role in a Netflix series as he is still busy filming another Korean series, Thirty But Seventeen. Reports indicate that the production of Love Alarm is expected to start anytime and it is scheduled to air in the second half of 2018 through tvN and Netflix.

The filming for Thirty But Seventeen, on the other hand, is still ongoing. It is expected wrap up by the end of September as the series' finale will be on October 2.

Full link to the news article→http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46163/20180831/thirty-but-seventeen-actor-ahn-hyo-seop-turns-down-offer-to-star-in-netflix-k-drama-love-alarm.htm

Sorry @mademoisellesia for cross posting the same clip, but this is zeroed in on the actress. Just wow, YSJ a lucky young man. And see how she doesn't really look like she's acting either, I think she's entrusted herself to her leading man completely. I repost this to reenforce my point I make below.

1 hour ago, aisling said:

Oh no! I was so sure he would accept the offer! I don’t understand why he declined such a great opportunity!

AHN HYO SEOP DECLINES MALE LEAD ROLE IN ROMCOM LOVE ALARM

Sorry @aisling for putting 'funny' smile response to this post of yours above. I would like to 'explain' this by suggesting that life imitates art, perhaps. Once young Mr Ahn saw his 'Uncle' have his way with Miss 30 year-old Shin, after he himself came so close to tasting the intoxicating aroma of the 'older woman', he can't go back to the 20 year old.

And after that bicycle scene where she tugged at his ****, he's hers. :naughty: I think good things will be in store for this young man - I love him! Maybe, just maybe he's been recruited to play a darker role alongside Ms. Shin, an offer too good to refuse, and good enough to refuse to what we thought previously was an offer too good to refuse??  If that is in any part not total fantasy on my part, it'd be DaeBak! Either way, I'm following him more closely after this drama.

Inter-Mee-Shun is almost OVER!! 30b17 to Moon and Mars and Beyond!!

tumblr_pdsvsx4Ttp1valxs7o3_r1_400.gif

Let's finish these hot dogs before the show begins. Everybody was busy arguing in here about whether this performance was 2/3 over already or just at the half way point. We are half way! Celebrating SHS's birthday, ushering in September, Labor day long weekend in the USA and celebrating this show to go into October, yay!! :love:

@mademoisellesia Thanks for the translation! If it was because of the conflicting schedules I feel really bad for him.  It could’ve been a great opportunity for him and he would look amazing with KSH. Why did they even send him the offer if they knew he had still ongoing shooting.

I adore SHS and YSJ onscreen and offscreen. To me YSJ never looked at ease with his co-stars like that. It’s probably because SHS is closer to his age than his previous co-stars.

2B7D40BE-74BA-4A4E-85FB-EBF3D3C0F5A4.gif

E89C4A38-42C8-4538-9828-BA2791417355.gif

5 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Here comes the moth scene's BTS!

Omo! They included the button's BTS too

I thought i heard YSJ said bobo in that button bts. Anyone can translate? :lol:

I'm surprised that AHS turned down the offer too. I was actually feeling bad for him when he had to give up his first lead role (after they were done with the first script reading), while waiting for his sick co star.

@aisling I think his Duel co star was nearer his age right. I didn't watch that drama but I know Seo Eun Su was his co star then. 

Can't wait to see this!

The Festival!!

@Ni Wen I heard that too. Translation videos will be available a bit later. He said something along the lines of "why didn't she enter (Hee Soo), it's like (I am) going to kiss you."

@aisling Yeah, he is more comfortable with Shin Hye Sun and calling him noona naturally whereas with SHJ he's addressing her as sunbae since RDTK, and only once in interview he called her noona (and then change to sunbae again).

How did I miss this one?  I am almost driven to start watching (yes I am often late to the party) merely by reading page 1 with  @meechuttso's poetic take on the drama. May not catch up quick enough to be of use to conversations but I will certainly be reading posts.  I tracked a certain Kiwi @stuartjmz here (yes she from Middle Earth). Well worth it. :lol:

On 8/29/2018 at 5:44 AM, aisling said:

I just finished episode 10 with subtitles but the ending still confused me. I don’t really understand why calling out Woo Seo Ri triggered his memories again? Can anybody enlighten me?

There was a time back when they were 17, when SR was lost in her own world and about to walk past someone spraying water. WJ had called out "NSM!", thinking to warn her, and she did halt, and turned around to see who had called out but he had hidden himself so she didn't see him. In the present, history repeated and he called out "WSR!" in time to halt her before she got sprayed, so the déjà vu triggered his memories.

@chubbz Thanks for your reply, I forgot about water spraying that happened in the past, now that you reminded me of it the ending scene finally makes sense to me.

@mademoisellesia So he was so engrossed in that moment that he was about to kiss her? :D 

@Ni Wen Yes, you’re right. SES is 2 years younger than YSJ but because of the tone of Duel or because they didn’t play romantic pairing (they even played enemies because of YSJ’s dual roles) I felt like YSJ kept his distance. This is the first time I’m seeing him so comfortable around his co-star. He’s been around some pretty high caliber actors in his previous works so I guess he felt a lot of pressure. 30b17 cast consists mainly of young actors and I can tell he’s been a lot of

more comfortable. Even the way he casually touches and laughs with SHS is new to me - he was way more careful around SHJ.

3 hours ago, stuartjmz said:

This seems a bit strange to me, since KSH is in the States filming her California travelogue thing. Whatever the reason, I'm disappointed - I was looking forward to the two of them together. 

I ran through some KSH fansites, it appears that even KSH hasn't confirmed for this drama.

1 hour ago, aisling said:

So he was so engrossed in that moment that he was about to kiss her?

Hahaha no. The translated video is out, after he asked: "why didn't anyone come in..."

The caption is "(At this rate) it seems like (we are) going to bobo".

And someone in the background said because the visual of this scene looks too good so they didn't want to come in. *Laughters* :D:D:D

@meechuttso Saw SHS's IG on her birthday cake. I particularly love that 30 cake! Soooo prettyyyy I would not want to eat it.

Don't know why SBS don't just release all these posters. These kids took so many shoots, especially young Woo Jin & Seo Ri. What a waste! The below poster looks as if Woo Jin goes, "Chu-ka, stay away from my girl!" LOL

38428875_302797000306397_172518281398190

Spoiler

40337937_297894897664168_81710147948920139328442_878530722335850_469834113256259

source: Link

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I ran through some KSH fansites, it appears that even KSH hasn't confirmed for this drama.

Hahaha no. The translated video is out, after he asked: "why didn't anyone come in..."

The caption is "(At this rate) it seems like (we are) going to bobo".

And someone in the background said because the visual of this scene looks too good so they didn't want to come in. *Laughters* :D:D:D

@meechuttso Saw SHS's IG on her birthday cake. I particularly love that 30 cake! Soooo prettyyyy I would not want to eat it.

Don't know why SBS don't just release all these posters. These kids took so many shoots, especially young Woo Jin & Seo Ri. What a waste! The below poster looks as if Woo Jin goes, "Chu-ka, stay away from my girl!" LOL

Reveal hidden contents

source: Link

@mademoisellesia where are you watching the translationed videos?

Archived