[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the latest episode with English sub, and I definitely had fun watching WJ being worried and jelous when that man practically shoved a blind date with SR. WJ’s reaction was pricless! I really had a good laugh at it! Even his cheering with Chan is sooo funny! I’m glad that SR is moving forward, even Chan and everybody else. The only thing that is not moving forward is SR connection to WJ during the accident 13 years back. Don’t whybthe writer keeps dragging it, even out doctor TH is being useless to the story. Plus now the auntie and the mysterious man (probably the uncle) who keeps on visiting SR in the hospital, was still in the same spot from episode 1..... but I feel that uncle is homeless? because of this appreance, his shoes and hands are so greasy and dirty. I wonder if he is the one who is sending money for SR hospitalization? And please don’t tell me that the writer is going to leave a lot of whole in the story? Why??? I just hope that everything will be sewed well and iron before they will give us the final week. 

a+%25282%2529.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcfpTyRenBEBVkvS9oeZKimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-XDwN1AVEsPGw7pQ2sTs

Jennifer as well as all the other characters are so moving and I find that its the little things that each of them do those caring actions that often are overlooked in everyday life. Not to mention how I judged her robotic nature from the start only to realize underneath what an amazing human being she is.  I think the writing thus far has been so great and the closer you're drawn to them the more you seem to notice and realize just how unique each of them are...

I loved how the writer used a child's riding toy among the trash and how it made no sense and yet it did.  How I found myself laughing inside, smiling and thinking how true it is that often we do the craziest things.  That make no sense to anyone else but it does to us.  In our hearts and minds.  How in trying to protect and care for others we often do the first thing that comes to us. 

Later, sometimes much later we laugh when looking back and realize how often it is that our hearts take over and our minds let go...

I've been lurking on these boards for a long time, and I really love to read everyone's thoughts. Hope that it's okay for me to chime in.

The thing that has lured me out of lurkdom is a thought about the boy that Chan saved from drowning: could he be the child that Jennifer was carrying when we saw her pregnant and crying in the rain in the past?  I'm not sure if the boy is old enough, though.

This scene of Chan's "overreaction" that's-not-overreaction-at-all cracks me up, but at the same time it stood out from this episode*, revealing how sweet & considerate Woo Jin's true self is, and how much he has changed. I was truly surprise that he called Chan to make sure Chan calls Jennifer up and ask her how her off day was. Even more surprise when he said she is family. Naaawwww. Then the flashback of him treating everyone to fried chicken (and make sure his precious nephew gets pork), and that Deok Su and Hae Beom are also "family". Double nawwwww. Woo Jin is like Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch), cranky at first but now he's all fluffy and cuddly cute spouting "Ohana", lol!

*There are other scenes that stood out too, i.e. the ending scene, but the other one is Mr. Gong's jealousy scene :D (It's refreshing because I've never seen YSJ done a scene like this).

99F5CF395B86C23736

I still don't get why he did that; it's not going to make him look any taller than 183cm (he lost there because YSJ is 181.6 cm). ROFLLLLL.

Edit: Has anyone enlightened you about the PTSD scene? I'm sure you have, but I'll share what a news article (not translated in Eng) mentioned anyway. The scene emphasizes in Woo Jin's change. He not only calm himself down but was trying hard to differentiate between the two girls (by him repeating "Woo Seo Ri") and then rest his head on her shoulder, instead of running away like he used to. I'm expecting another session with the psychologist next episode since there was a scene of him being reminded he has an appointment.

20180830101956513qpim.jpg

Friends, allow me to indulge a bit, as it's Shin HyeSun's birthday (8/31) so very soon. She's turning '30' (1989 birth, so only 29 by Western age), so what better way for her to celebrate 30 but to be in a drama called "30 but 17"! :love:

I mentioned few pages back that Chan's going to hear her violin playing and then fall in love with her fingertips. How right I was! This was such a sweet scene. :w00t::wub:

But my absolute favorite of the week?

tumblr_pe9o1hPuOL1valxs7o1_500.gif

Why, this one is right up there with perhaps my favorite all time profile of hers.

Spoiler

tumblr_owihzmOaC41valxs7o1_400.gif&key=0

Happy almost birthday, Shin Hye-Sun, oori Seo-Ri !!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

This drama is ray of sunshine every week, make me happy and smiling after the episode is finish :D  I don´t mind that they take time for the character to know who they are from the past. I like how SR and WJ get to know each other without knowing how their past is connected. It feel more organic way for them to get closer and I really love the slow but heart beating way they open up to each other :wub: This week show how they are in same wave line and how they deeply care for each other. Like WJ being worried for SR and how SR is worried for him. those tears she had in the end scene speak of how much she care for him. what a wonderful couple in the making :heart:  

One of my favorite scenes from this episode was Woo Jin's epic fail in cheering Chan on.  Similar to his "Dab" fail but more hilarious.  My heart went out to him as I am awful at cheering people on as well.  It was so kind of him to make the effort even though it goes totally against his nature.  His character is more of the quiet encourager or advisor.  I hope we see a few more of these moments as they show Woo Jin really trying to overcome years of withdrawing. 

31 minutes ago, Wotad said:

We dont need kisses for the sake of kisses they gotta mean something, i hope we find out that she was falling for him when he was younger as well this will make the drama 10/10 for me. 

I’m pretty sure she had a crush on him too but we’re not supposed to know yet. We were given two hints - flashback to young SR drawing a crescendo and when she ran after that kid and saw his Poporo case. I think when she got on the same bus as WJ she actually followed him. I don’t think SR will blame him for her lost 13 years but WJ will feel guilty nonetheless.

@aisling Hahahahaha!!! You know, I've thought to myself, in reference to She Was Pretty, between Seo Ri or Woo Jin, who will become a bobo mania later on (after they finally bobo), but seems like you turn into a bobo mania first.  hee-hee-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948998&ke

I don't know when it will happen (maybe ep12), but I imagine it'll be cute (and sweet), befitting their 30 but 17 mind set.

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

We dont need kisses for the sake of kisses they gotta mean something, i hope we find out that she was falling for him when he was younger as well this will make the drama 10/10 for me. 

Agreed.

If the kiss happens next week, it's too soon because she needs to "grow up" mentally first. I feel like I would need more character development from her side first.

Also, well yeah we won't have intense kissing scene like Temperature considering the tone of the drama I think.

4 hours ago, aisling said:

I’m pretty sure she had a crush on him too but we’re not supposed to know yet. We were given two hints - flashback to young SR drawing a crescendo and when she ran after that kid and saw his Poporo case. I think when she got on the same bus as WJ she actually followed him. I don’t think SR will blame him for her lost 13 years but WJ will feel guilty nonetheless.

That is an interesting take on SR following WJ onto the bus.  Since she taps on his shoulder almost immediately once the bus starts traveling I had assumed that she was already on the bus.  However, she could have come on behind him without him noticing.  Wouldn't that be awesome if she kind of went stalker on WJ, following him around unnoticed just like he was doing to her?  Since SR said she was needing to go to the Cheongan Art Hall, my thinking was she already knew what stop to get off at but needed some way of starting a conversation.  That scene is just full of great teen awkwardness. :flushed:

Archived