Quantcast
meechuttso

[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

1 hour ago, stuartjmz said:

There is a problem with the koreandrama.org listing though, because as Dramanoona showed, if it finishes on the 25th, it can't be "40 episodes" as currently listed on koreandrama.org. It would be 36, max.

I think koreandrama.org has it right! Thanks @bebebisous33 for the information! The drama is 20 episodes long and if it weren’t interrupted by Asian Games it would end in 25th of September.

However because of the interruption the show is delayed and last episode will be aired on 2nd October. Honestly with its slow pace it wouldn’t make sense for this drama to only have 16 episodes.

I feel sorry for the actor who plays that doctor friend. I wonder if he knew his screen time would be this limited. We haven’t seen him like for how long? 5-6 episodes?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aisling said:

I think koreandrama.org has it right! Thanks @bebebisous33 for the information! The drama is 20 episodes long and if it weren’t interrupted by Asian Games it would end in 25th of September.

However because of the interruption the show is delayed and last episode will be aired on 2nd October. Honestly with its slow pace it wouldn’t make sense for this drama to only have 16 episodes.

I feel sorry for the actor who plays that doctor friend. I wonder if he knew his screen time would be this limited. We haven’t seen him like for how long? 5-6 episodes?

I agree with you and @stuartjmz that the doctor friend is underused. Honestly, I wished they would have used him more.

And to me, the mystery about WSR's identity is getting dragged. I mean, she has a picture of herself, when she was 17 years old... and I bet, WJ won't look at the picture (preview). Then WJ had paintings of her which she could have seen. Besides, there was this rabbit bell aso. WJ won't mention the name of the friend in front of her, he won't mention the bus accident... 

• Like 6

On 8/16/2018 at 3:04 AM, sleeplater said:

CRESCENDO

crescendo is a way for composers to indicate that a passage of music should gradually increase in loudness over time (opposite of a decrease in volume, which is described as a decrescendo). It is also used in non-musical contexts to describe any situation in which volume is increasing. (https://study.com/academy/lesson/crescendo-in-music-definition-notation-quiz.html)

The symbol is often refered to as a hairpin or a wedge. Italian. (cresc.) 

What i'm interested was the flashback scene of 17 yr old SR drawing the crescendo symbol in the bus. What did she see that sparked her to draw? just as we see the present her feeling her heart beating louder and faster as she looked at WJ. 

I'm entertaining the idea that 17 yr old SR noticed WJ back then. Else i'm reading too much into it LOL

I agree with this.  As SR is looking at WJ during the pool scene, we see a flashback of her on a bus making the crescendo symbol.  Most likely her as a young person having seen WJ while she was on the bus.  We also see SR have a recognition of Pororo on the bicycle, which sparks her memory of WJ's document holder.  I find it interesting that young SR taps young WJ on the shoulder to ask for directions.  The bus had several people on it.  My guess is that she was trying to start a conversation with him specifically and using the bus stop question as a lead in.

What I am hoping for is that the young SR was developing a crush on young WJ at the same time he was for her.It would be cute that they each had crushed on the other and then as adults, it blossoms into full love.

• Like 6

I just realise that you always hear this question from SR whenever she is with WJ. Can you guess?

Spoiler

kITpMt.png

8i1wSU.png

Hahaha....

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Just watched the subbed episode. So, it's just that Woojin's ptsd acted up.... Not that he remembered who Seori is. Oh gosh why are they taking this long! Yes, and I doubt he will see the photo next episode too. Im getting impatient waiting for them to find about each other, can Deokgu/Pang please do SOMETHING and help your two poor owners! They need a closure soon. I bet Woojin, after knowing the truth, is going to feel guilty for causing Seori's lost time like what the professor had told him and will escape and disappear again.

My guess of the mystery man is the uncle. End up Woojin's house have got 2 persons related to the accident that affected him so much, staying in his house. They all need to know the truth soon! 

P/s: WJ pulling SR by the sleeve and SR's reaction is just so adorable! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

It would be funny if it was Deok Gu who took the photo and ran with it to WJ. And that's how the big mystery is revealed.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Just finished watching the latest episode with English sub, and I definitely had fun watching WJ being worried and jelous when that man practically shoved a blind date with SR. WJ’s reaction was pricless! I really had a good laugh at it! Even his cheering with Chan is sooo funny! I’m glad that SR is moving forward, even Chan and everybody else. The only thing that is not moving forward is SR connection to WJ during the accident 13 years back. Don’t whybthe writer keeps dragging it, even out doctor TH is being useless to the story. Plus now the auntie and the mysterious man (probably the uncle) who keeps on visiting SR in the hospital, was still in the same spot from episode 1..... but I feel that uncle is homeless? because of this appreance, his shoes and hands are so greasy and dirty. I wonder if he is the one who is sending money for SR hospitalization? And please don’t tell me that the writer is going to leave a lot of whole in the story? Why??? I just hope that everything will be sewed well and iron before they will give us the final week. 

• Like 6

a+%25282%2529.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcfpTyRenBEBVkvS9oeZKimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-XDwN1AVEsPGw7pQ2sTs

Jennifer as well as all the other characters are so moving and I find that its the little things that each of them do those caring actions that often are overlooked in everyday life. Not to mention how I judged her robotic nature from the start only to realize underneath what an amazing human being she is.  I think the writing thus far has been so great and the closer you're drawn to them the more you seem to notice and realize just how unique each of them are...

I loved how the writer used a child's riding toy among the trash and how it made no sense and yet it did.  How I found myself laughing inside, smiling and thinking how true it is that often we do the craziest things.  That make no sense to anyone else but it does to us.  In our hearts and minds.  How in trying to protect and care for others we often do the first thing that comes to us. 

Later, sometimes much later we laugh when looking back and realize how often it is that our hearts take over and our minds let go...

I've been lurking on these boards for a long time, and I really love to read everyone's thoughts. Hope that it's okay for me to chime in.

The thing that has lured me out of lurkdom is a thought about the boy that Chan saved from drowning: could he be the child that Jennifer was carrying when we saw her pregnant and crying in the rain in the past?  I'm not sure if the boy is old enough, though.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

@Dramanoona and the next time he'll ask her again, he will say " Saranghe" kkk

I feel like he will know about Seo Ri at the end of the fourth episode/second episode from next week. I mean it's high time. 

• Like 5

This scene of Chan's "overreaction" that's-not-overreaction-at-all cracks me up, but at the same time it stood out from this episode*, revealing how sweet & considerate Woo Jin's true self is, and how much he has changed. I was truly surprise that he called Chan to make sure Chan calls Jennifer up and ask her how her off day was. Even more surprise when he said she is family. Naaawwww. Then the flashback of him treating everyone to fried chicken (and make sure his precious nephew gets pork), and that Deok Su and Hae Beom are also "family". Double nawwwww. Woo Jin is like Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch), cranky at first but now he's all fluffy and cuddly cute spouting "Ohana", lol!

*There are other scenes that stood out too, i.e. the ending scene, but the other one is Mr. Gong's jealousy scene :D (It's refreshing because I've never seen YSJ done a scene like this).

99F5CF395B86C23736

I still don't get why he did that; it's not going to make him look any taller than 183cm (he lost there because YSJ is 181.6 cm). ROFLLLLL.

Edit: Has anyone enlightened you about the PTSD scene? I'm sure you have, but I'll share what a news article (not translated in Eng) mentioned anyway. The scene emphasizes in Woo Jin's change. He not only calm himself down but was trying hard to differentiate between the two girls (by him repeating "Woo Seo Ri") and then rest his head on her shoulder, instead of running away like he used to. I'm expecting another session with the psychologist next episode since there was a scene of him being reminded he has an appointment.

• Like 7
  • LOL 10

20180830101956513qpim.jpg

Friends, allow me to indulge a bit, as it's Shin HyeSun's birthday (8/31) so very soon. She's turning '30' (1989 birth, so only 29 by Western age), so what better way for her to celebrate 30 but to be in a drama called "30 but 17"! :love:

I mentioned few pages back that Chan's going to hear her violin playing and then fall in love with her fingertips. How right I was! This was such a sweet scene. :w00t::wub:

But my absolute favorite of the week?

tumblr_pe9o1hPuOL1valxs7o1_500.gif

Why, this one is right up there with perhaps my favorite all time profile of hers.

Spoiler

tumblr_owihzmOaC41valxs7o1_400.gif&key=0

Happy almost birthday, Shin Hye-Sun, oori Seo-Ri !!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

This drama is ray of sunshine every week, make me happy and smiling after the episode is finish :D  I don´t mind that they take time for the character to know who they are from the past. I like how SR and WJ get to know each other without knowing how their past is connected. It feel more organic way for them to get closer and I really love the slow but heart beating way they open up to each other :wub: This week show how they are in same wave line and how they deeply care for each other. Like WJ being worried for SR and how SR is worried for him. those tears she had in the end scene speak of how much she care for him. what a wonderful couple in the making :heart:  

• Like 15
  • LOL 1

Based on what they’re wearing this playground date follows WJ’s breakdown scene. I wouldn’t mind if they finally kiss there, hopefully we’ll get more than one kiss in the whole drama B)

syB3AHf.gif

• Like 13

Lol @aisling come to think of it, Woo Jin is quite a natural teaser, isn't he? batting-eyelashes-yahoo-emoticon.gif?130How many times has he "unintentionally" make Seo Ri blush or heart flutter? blushing-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948993 AND WILL YOU LOOK AT THIS SMILE!! hee-hee-yahoo-emoticon.gif?1301948998

180828-1.gif

credit: mauve

• Like 10

One of my favorite scenes from this episode was Woo Jin's epic fail in cheering Chan on.  Similar to his "Dab" fail but more hilarious.  My heart went out to him as I am awful at cheering people on as well.  It was so kind of him to make the effort even though it goes totally against his nature.  His character is more of the quiet encourager or advisor.  I hope we see a few more of these moments as they show Woo Jin really trying to overcome years of withdrawing. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1