[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

Episodes 4 to 6 

이미지

It's getting really interesting as the drama let's us dwell into individual characters more- on their own and their interaction with others.

GWJ
Wow Mr hot and cold really pulls you in the last 2 episodes. I havnt come across such a calm character in awhile. Not your typical k-drama reaction in the blanket-female in bed scene. The way he deadpans. His calm reaction with Chan bursting in. A stark contrast in the other scene wheres he agitated to find SR hired and now a new employee in his firm.
It seems for Mr Gong to function past the trauma was to compartmentalise. So hes neatly put away the art-travel case into the cupboard and the plunger. And retreating back to the safety of his office. And his defense mechanism is speaking loud and clear for SR to steer clear away from him. At the same time we were shown that at his core he's actually a sweet guy with the tendency to be kind. It speaks even more loudly how much he has to go out of his way to be the opposite. It's like he was born to be the neighbourhood oppa but he turn himself to mr grouch just so that he doesnt meddle into anyone's life again. 
One thing I admire the most was how mature and responsible he is to seek the professional help once he showed signs of relapse. And the laid-bare confession he made to the doc. We finally see for ourselves how much pain he's still dealing with. The writer is pretty cruel to him, considered that once he does find out the girl he thought is dead is very much alive.. BUT 13years of her life was stolen from the accident. And seeing first hand that shes now without family, and the career that she could have had.

WSR
I didnt expect to hear the confession from SR so soon but i heard her loud and clear. In the scene where GWJ heads to his car. She said among the people she had met recently, he's the one she feels the closest with. It's almost child-like the ways she says it. I find so far SR is very direct - she speaks aloud her observation. What she doesnt understand she ask a direct question (case in point -the earphone). When its beyond her comprehension and hes running away, she pursues to ask what she did wrong and what should she do about it. When shes does something wrong, she wants to apologize for it. When she felt appreciated, she wants to express her gratitude for it. Girl has a good head on her shoulders. And so far she shows tenacity and will to survive. Shes got short to mid term goals- fix the violin (work and save to get the money), need to find a place when 1 month is up and still no uncle. The way shes tackling it simply sometimes downplays her connundrum. A different person, a different scenario could drive one up the wall. To think of it shes lucky that they let her stay on, essentially this make-shift adoptive family is nice and supportive (that Jennifer feeds her and even gifts her a new pairs of shoes and shes found a loyal friend in Chan.)
and when it comes to her ahjussi, shes somehow drawn to him. It makes me wonder did the 17 yr old SR noticed the 17yr old WJ?

Chan
So i take back my ambivalence with this character. I pity him in the scene where he's a wet duck dashing into the rain and back to get meds for SR. He's solved it for himself that what he feels for SR way outweighs how he feels for the chick. He's so far the 'mature' one but this is his first love. How is he gonna pursue SR and how hes gonna deal with it when he finds out SR likes his uncle and his uncle recirpocates that feeling? Poor dude. Heartbreaks are never easy to deal with but one cant stop him from heading into that direction.

Doctor-shi
I'm still waiting for his arc. In my books he has better standing in the SL - love triangle. is it a square now? But guy whose a close school friend of girl. Who seems to be waiting for SR all 13 years? Who might have become a doctor for her sake? And is it him or someone else paying the hospital bills. I wanna know more. 

Ep 6 ending scene
That scene warrants a paragraph of its own. I dont recall such type of scene among my dramas in awhile. I'll be glad to take recommendations from you peeps if you've come across a sweet scene like this. Essentially just as GWJ narrates earlier he could block out almost everyone except her. And her pain and tears seems to completely demolish his defenses and drew out the guy underneath the rubble who just wants to console SR.  Aigoo the tender hand cupping her face was really beautifully created and im sure a collective sigh from viewers alike watching it. 

I come back to my thought process of how cruel the writer is to WJ. His most traumatic memory tied to his most beautiful memory, all on the same girl.

From the previews it seems it's Spring for the otp this week.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:43 PM, meechuttso said:

@sleeplater and even later now, right?

Yup. And when im done watching and to cope with no new episodes i went to video clipping my fav scenes to make do. That's why i say its painful to wait 5 days for new episodes. I need to find me some filler dramas - but its tough, when i do get attached to dramas, my heart dont have enough space to put more. So currently im only watchin 2 dramas, this inclusive.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, tianaa said:

@meechuttso after seeing the stills awesome (praying for the kiss this week )

99F561335B71344107AE2B

995F0F4B5B71364D01B25D

47 minutes ago, tianaa said:

@meechuttso after seeing the stills awesome (praying for the kiss this week ) 

Modern couple, sleep together first. Kiss second.

The under the cover scene wasn't sexy in the broadcast, but these scenes are - look at the silly grin on YSJ's face he can't wipe off! He acts as though he got some cheap thrills we don't know about under the covers. And SHS caption says ' embarrassed to death' - as if she's guilty too!!

꽁설 Couple! :tounge_xd::scream::naughty::love:

New filming scenes? What's our Seori doing... moving house? No... i dont want her to move out!! And in new clothes again... I'm starting to miss the grey/pink outfit now hahahaha! Oh she's also got a bag now :P

20 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

New filming scenes? What's our Seori doing... moving house? And in new clothes again... I'm starting to miss the grey/pink outfit now hahahaha! Oh she's also got a bag now :P

Perhaps, she met KHT and is moving in with him? I am guessing she would feel familiar with him since they are childhood friends, plus her one month with WJ and Chan is soon to run out.

43 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Who's watching now? Shall go look for spoilers now hahaha 

Watching yes... so far both OTP are in good terms.. :D  There are a few funny scenes between them.

This time we are going to see a drunk Ahjussi... That's how they end up lying on the field.

Credit to the owner

GWJ  opened the store room.  It is quite big.  He's opening a box.  Something fell, the key chain.

He got a call and then another box fell.  ... skipping a few scenes.  SWR saw the contents of the box from far.

Credit to the owner.   

Preview:

Credit to SBS

To be continued tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I came too late and my connection was really bad - so I just saw the ending... parts of...

Sorry I could not help today

https://www.dramamilk.com/still-17-kdrama-live-ish-recap-episode-13-and-14/

I was gonna post this link also. I read the recaps here when the subs are not yet available.

Saw today's episodes and I gotta admit I can't ignore how they've all been sweating a lot. @__@ It's nothing bad, just an observation. Hehe The heat in Korea must have been really strong during filming.

Anyway, good job Paeng!! Seo Ri got in the storage room!! She saw the painting, right??? Ahhhhh I wonder if she saw the keychain, too. :O I think they're going to Jeju/on a trip in the next episode, which is what the realeased stills must be from. I'm so happy to see GWJ open up and act more normal and smiley  huhu

11 minutes ago, butwhatever said:

I was gonna post this link also. I read the recaps here when the subs are not yet available.

Saw today's episodes and I gotta admit I can't ignore how they've all been sweating a lot. @__@ It's nothing bad, just an observation. Hehe The heat in Korea must have been really strong during filming.

Anyway, good job Paeng!! Seo Ri got in the storage room!! She saw the painting, right??? Ahhhhh I wonder if she saw the keychain, too. :O I think they're going to Jeju/on a trip in the next episode, which is what the realeased stills must be from. I'm so happy to see GWJ open up and act more normal and smiley  huhu

Right - it must have been so hot - we should not forget that a guy died... So sad...

Maybe they will trick us and what she sees it his other pictures - finding out about his talent. But she will miss out the picture from herself. Guess that would be to early - they will play with our feelings for a while. I guess...

And yes me too - I love this page and those people for doing the recaps so nice for us.

56 minutes ago, sleeplater said:

So did she see the picture or didnt she. I felt like pd will troll us.

Hmmm... the preview doesn't seems to shows that she saw the picture. I bet someone will call her or something else happened so she won't see it. So yes pd will troll us for sure :huh:

Why @Mau_Cherry what's with Chan?

What a wonderful episode and even more of a wonderful preview. I am so happy to see WJ being happy and his old self. All thanks to SR.

With TR in the preview, I understand her jealousy and trepidation. If not for SR going "missing" this TOP spot would have been SR's because SR genuinely loves Violin and was not pressured like TR was by her mom. She only excelled because of that pressure and when forced to do something, a person looses their passion for that craft, especially when someone talented is waiting in the shadows. Even 2nd, SR would have stolen the show and if she had gotten time to hone her skill professionally, she definitely would have been the best Violinist surpassing TR.  TR knows and recognizes that and hence her jealousy for someone who has not played for 13 years.

Archived