[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

This IG post has many layers, so click thru and see them all.

I found it funny that WooJin coworker told SeoRi that she looked old (not just older but old) which really got on the nerve of this 17 year old, and she kind of lashed out, but being frank and forthright about how she feels to Woojin must've brought his defenses, and all her copious childlike tears must've really brought Woojin's defenses down.

Will he regret it later? Well,, we shall see...:sweatingbullets:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I wonder if SR can be so lucky to have 3 guys who like her.

Hmmm. She does have all 3. They are all eligible, too.

Woo-Jin, while the OTP half, has some baggage and is a work in progress (what the story is about).

Chan, while 19, will improve with age, and he's got it all, but even more, a pure heart on top of everything else. What's that you say? Missing what? A brain? Intelligence is over-rated, I say, and his parents are doctors who are humanitarian model citizens serving the needy in Africa.

As if that's not enough, if you don't care for the wounded artist or the babylike jock, you have the perfectly handsome and loyal neurology doctor friend who has already even proposed to you and stayed with you for 13 long years, just so that he can do medical research to develop technology to hook up with your comatose brain and declare his love for you, maybe even make love to you, while you lie there in your sleep.

Gosh, I didn't mean to sound sarcastic but put that way, this story is better than any grocery store trashy romance novel I used to read in secret many years ago.

And I think Shin Hye-Sun the actress is working hard to take advantage of the glorious fringe benefits of being a star actress on kdramas for which she has always dreamed and worked hard at since her childhood. If your life long dream was to become an actress because you were completely crazy over Won Bin, fantasizing about being the one on the screen with him, and you ACTUALLY got your chance to be that lead actress with your choice of who you can have, what would you do? Her last drama, 52 ep weekend was not her choice. That was the price she had to pay to get THIS gig, which is her actual first choice. And we know very clearly what she wanted. She picked a drama that has not 1, not 2, but 3 men/boys after her, ages 19 to 30 and she gets to behave like anything between 17 and 30! What a greedy and ambitious actress this idol of mine is! It would not even surprise me after reading the screenwriter interview, if SHS demanded a 3rd guy or no deal!

And for a quick encore, curtain call after this is over, she picked a quickie 2eps hot and bothered love to the suicidal death affair with, you guessed it, Lee Jong-Suk. (Hymn of Death in September).

I am so proud of my ambitious actress seizing her moment while smiling and crying all the way to the bank. :w00t::sweatingbullets:

( I know, @Dramanoona you weren't ready for that, sorry, but I'm so glad you brought it up. You triggered my inner meechuttsoyo.)

Oh and hi @Vo Ki Trieu welcome, and thanks for those sweet gifs!

LOL. @meechuttso

I didn't know whether to use the haha or confused emoticon.

I watch dramas partially as a form of escapism from real life. I mean, when will I have 3 guys interested in a relationship with me.....at the same time!

We all know who she will end up with but I am very interested to find out what will happen when Doctor Friend/Fiance-wannabe finds her.  Will WJ finally be more proactive and fight or will he stay as that 16 year old boy who is scared that he will cause harm to someone?

11 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I never realised there was an ignore button!

Since this is a 20 episode drama, I think it will take a while for the truth to come out.

I wonder if SR can be so lucky to have 3 guys who like her.

Where is that ignore button you’re talking about?? Or are you talking about something else?

3 hours ago, meechuttso said:

I am so proud of my ambitious actress seizing her moment while smiling and crying all the way to the bank. :w00t::sweatingbullets:

Well said chingoo.

I AM as proud of her as you!

From a supporting actress who has her fair share of scenes being cut and character being changed (lotbs), to one lead actress with 3 very eligible guys after her, and able to choose her roles and co-stars, she has worked so hard to achieve this. Most of all I'm so proud that she has proved to be an actress of outstanding acting calibre.

And I'm hoping to hear news of her next project very soon! 

20180812090601129wuqf.jpg

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Omo, look guys!! SMILES. SMILES. SMILES!! :grin:

It seems more serious than that, even!

From https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20180812090601473

이 가운데 공개된 스틸 속에는 신혜선-양세종이 단둘이 기차여행을 떠나는 모습이 담겨있어 ‘꽁설커플’의 본격 로맨스를 향한 기대감을 고조시킨다. 어깨를 마주하고 나란히 앉아 서로의 눈을 응시하고 있는 두 사람의 모습은 영락없는 ‘연인’의 모습. 핑크빛 긴장감이 흐르는 신혜선-양세종의 아이컨택이 보는 이의 심장까지 콩닥거리게 만든다.

In the released still shots are shown SHS-YSJ departing 'alone together' on a train trip, speeding up anticipations towards "Ggong-Seol"-couple*** 's official romance. Sitting shoulder to shoulder and staring into one another's eyes, their appearance can be none other than of 'lovers'. Pink-sheen tension flowing from SHS-YSJ''s eye contact makes even the viewers hearts pound.

***Play on syllables - Gong and SeoRi, twisted to say Ggong 꽁 , which could mean many things, but 꽁냥꽁냥 can be 'lovey-dovey', and Seol or Sul 설, for 설래다, the oft-used 'heart flutter' expression in all K-dramas.

그런가 하면 신혜선을 응시하는 양세종의 눈빛이 시선을 강탈한다. 마치 소풍을 떠나는 아이처럼 들떠서 연신 방실방실 웃음을 터뜨리는 신혜선의 모습이 사랑스럽다는 듯 한시도 눈을 떼지 못하고 있는 것. 금방이라도 꿀이 떨어질 듯 다정한 눈빛과 부드러운 미소가 여심을 녹아 내리게 만드는 동시에, 극중 신혜선을 향해 직진하는 ‘사랑꾼’ 양세종의 모습을 기대케 한다.

And too, YSJ's eyes staring at SHS steals our glance. As if her unending #*@% smiling (laughing) look of a child about to embark on a picnic is so lovable in his sight, he is unable to take his eyes off. It's as though at any moment drops of honey will ooze from his friendly gaze and soft smile, making women's hearts melt, and at the same time making us anticipate this 'lover man' Yang Se-Jong's look of direct approach towards Shin Hye-Sun in the story.

이에 ‘서른이지만’ 측은 “금주 방송에서 신혜선을 향한 양세종의 적극적인 마음 표현이 시작될 것”이라고 귀띔한 뒤 “두 사람의 서툴지만 풋풋한 로맨스가 시청자들께 기분 좋은 설렘을 선사할 것이다. 많은 기대와 관심 부탁드린다”고 전했다.

Team '30b17' with "On this week's broadcast, YSJ's positive (active) expression of his heart towards SHS will commence," making our ears perk, and "the two people's awkward but fresh romance will deliver happy heart flutters to the viewers. Please tune in and support" they relayed.

These kids are not wasting any time making up for 13 long years of missing out! :thumbsup::innocent::kiss_wink::scream:@meechuttso heartily approves!

I’m really excited for tomorrow’s episode because for that cliffhanger at the end of the last episode, why the director needs to torture us by giving that wonderful scene! Mr Gong just melts my heart with that wiping tears! And my cute adorable Chan! He will have his first heart break soon! I will pray for you that you will find your destine girl soon! 

I was just amazed how AHS carries his character he really gives justice to 19 Years old teen boy, very different with his character in my father is strange the football coach. He lost a lot of weight for this series. 

With SHK amazing skills always surprise me! She fits perfectly with this role! Nobody else could have done better! Hehehe! I’m forever fan of her! 

20180813130002456xhtx.jpg

Pardon consecutive posting, but hey, everybody else wake up and post some if you don't want one-dimensional forum!

From https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20180813130002538

30b17 'Kwon Hyeok-Soo' Special Appearance, will 'LIGHT FIRE' under SHSxYSJ!

LoL. Sorry if I'm giving away too much of Ep 7 (13&14)'s plot, but it says this guy, the boss of Gong Woo-Jin's company, will visit, and take an 'interest' (not of the best of intentions kind, it's hinted) in the youngest (newest) member of the team, Woo Seo-Ri. This will send Mr Gong into a jealous rage, we pray.

Funny how in our lovely cutesie story, it's not some old senior citizen CEO who comes and takes a creepy interest in a new female employee, but instead it's a flamboyant boyish looking boss with bling-bling, to which our teenage girl Seo-Ri will probably also show great natural response, thereby making the drab Mr Gong want to change his ways, and which raises the total count of her aforementioned Male admirers of various ages and suitable-as-suitor-ness to not 1, not 2, not even 3 anymore, but WHOPPING 4 (Four)!!.

This actress is too much. She's too greedy. Not only is Seo-Ri making up for 13 years of extended virginity, it sure feels like actress Shin Hye-Sun is working overtime to get 'hitched'. So greedy, so evil. I love her so. :naughty::kiss_wink::scream:

tumblr_pcenwiMNp61valxs7o1_400.gif&key=2꽁설 Couple  is born!

꽁설 (GGong Seol Couple)

3 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I may be shallow but the new guy...eeep....

Anyways, I think the current 3 are already too much to handle. LOL.

The new guy aka company boss looks like some errrr... sissy :joy:

99827F3E5B70048F1E9357

I just  :heart:  this innocent child-like under the table scene. Mr Gong's butt must hurt a lot, now that i see it in replay.

22 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Anyways, I think the current 3 are already too much to handle. LOL.

tumblr_p7z73z3XGS1valxs7o1_r1_400.gif Chingoos, allow me to recycle an old gif with a 'word to the wise' for Mr Gong, from a veteran lady.

:tounge_xd:

Archived