[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

9 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Who else is genuinely curious at what Woo Jin is up to in this scene like me, LOL! 

Me!!! Just what is he doing!? :mrgreen:

It looks like they are behind each other but don't see each other?^_^

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Who else is genuinely curious at what Woo Jin is up to in this scene like me, LOL! :joy:

Well, hello @mademoisellesia! I was wondering where you were! How do you like the drama so far? Our Se Jongie is doing a great work!

I also wonder what will this scene be about. I’m glad he’s not just another cold hero, at least WJ is really weird haha :lol: 

@Ni Wen I know right? This weirdo, lol! I think they are somehow 'hanging' out together again. Found a BTS filming on IG too from this scene, and looks like Seo Ri has new pants to wear as well.

@aisling Hello back!

I'm enjoying the show a little more compared to the first couple of weeks. There was concerned at first that there isn't much from Sejong in terms of acting, since we both know how awesome he was in Duel (yes, guys, watch him in Duel!!). Thank god this week's emotional scenes made up for it. But can we have moarrrr? :D Of course I'm not saying he should keep crying, hahaha! P.S. I was actually expecting him as a cold hero in the beginning, but he's actually just a mild-mannered ahjussi.

All the main casts are doing really well, too. It's a light & fun drama to watch after a tiring work day. :) And like someone said before, I am enjoying Seo Ri getting under Woo Jin's skin, hehehe, but I think so far it's the other way around. I feel for her when she was locked in the kitchen with Woo Jin. Shin Hye Sun did an excellent job there potraying the uneasiness. Yoo Chan is sooooooooooo cute too, needless to say more :p As for Jennifer, could she be No Su Mi's mother???

14 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

As for Jennifer, could she be No Su Mi's mother???

That was my guess too - I believe it is importend to know more about the music box. Is it an old item from Jennifer or was it once from her daughter...

But again we can only made guesses until now.

@Mau_Cherry Ah I see, this has been discussed/speculated. I hadn't been able to religiously read all pages, mian mian. Agree on the music box & next week we'll learn more about her teary eyes at the couple in the supermarket.

Yeah, we don't have enough breadcrumbs from the writer to figure them all out yet. If we study the pattern of her writing from She Was Pretty, we may not get all answers until the very end (e.g. the identity of the son of chairman & writer, Ten). I didn't mind the wait at the time coz the main focus was the OTP, scene stealer Hwang Seok Jeong's extravagant & exaggerated acting & MOST team :D so I 80% believe 3017 will be somewhat similar.

Omo, I just realise next week is ep 7 and 8 (old format), that means there's a high chance of a kiss (the rule of Kdramas) :D Kekeke... noona needs to prepare her heart for this.

31 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Mau_Cherry Ah I see, this has been discussed/speculated. I hadn't been able to religiously read all pages, mian mian. Agree on the music box & next week we'll learn more about her teary eyes at the couple in the supermarket.

Yeah, we don't have enough breadcrumbs from the writer to figure them all out yet. If we study the pattern of her writing from She Was Pretty, we may not get all answers until the very end (e.g. the identity of the son of chairman & writer, Ten). I didn't mind the wait at the time coz the main focus was the OTP, scene stealer Hwang Seok Jeong's extravagant & exaggerated acting & MOST team :D so I 80% believe 3017 will be somewhat similar.

Omo, I just realise next week is ep 7 and 8 (old format), that means there's a high chance of a kiss (the rule of Kdramas) :D Kekeke... noona needs to prepare her heart for this.

Oh me too - I could not read anything here - and I am not sure If I had shared it here before but I made wild speculations with a friend of mine.

There must be a backstory for Jennifer. She don´t want to say her true name too. I am kinda happy that you had the same idea.

Oh yes - but study the other dramas can mislead us too...

LOL - about the old rule of KDrama... if its right I don´t want Chan to find out about them like this. Would be typical too.

I wish to know what is in the storeroom - and I wish to now if the house legaly belongs to SR. Okay - I wish to know a lot.

I have so many different feelings about this drama. But one thing I have come away with is that it is a Healing Drama. All of the main characters have a trauma/issue of some sort and are finding ways to cope, to heal and to live. I find it commonly true that the main character, Mr. Gong has this reputation with almost everybody of being cold, aloof and a bit of a jerk, yet here he is with a real trauma. A trauma so deep that he becomes paralyzed with panic attacks and can't function. Society treats all people like this the same way. Instead of finding the root of why people are the way that they are, they just write them off as jerks that no one wants to deal with or weird. 

These last two episodes have really highlighted the fact that everyone has "something" that they are dealing with. I have to pace myself as a viewer with this drama. As a viewer we know way more than any of the characters so far. Because of this, I had such a nagging desire for Seo Ri to at least have a flashback of her friends. The only thing she seems to remember is that she played the violin, studied hard and lived in that house. The memory aspect is what is the most frustrating. She remembers all of these little details with such agonizing clarity, but the one thing she seems to not remember is how she lost 13 years of her life. It's almost like the writer is purposely avoiding it with her. There is no way a sane person would wake up one day after 13 years in a coma and not constantly want to find their family, friends, and anyone that they are used to seeing. It is almost strange how she has completely stopped even trying to find her uncle. Maybe we will get more of that next week. 

Of interest to me is how Kim Tae Rin reacted to her. She was basically a music rival, a silent one, but a rival none the less. Surely back then, she heard about the accident, or knew that was a reason she no longer saw Seo Ri on the music circuit. She has benefited greatly from this fact. Seo Ri's absence paved the way for her to become the famous violinist that she has become. But it appears she has been paranoid all of these years that maybe Seo Ri would reappear and then her opportunities would be gone. As soon as she heard her name, she became a bit unhinged. That is going to be quite the interesting story line. 

Yoo Chan is the perfect support character. His teenage angst and erratic nature brings balance to the fact that Seo Ri is still a seventeen year-old mentally and emotionally. I enjoy him and his friends. I saw some people speculating that Jennifer may be Soo Mi's mother, I surely hope she is. Jennifer is the most well-rounded character in this drama. She is wise beyond her years and even though she is a bit robotic and goes through the motions, there is a flair and a charisma about her that makes her very memorable and comforting somehow. How apropos that she would be the one hired to take care of the house. She  is in the midst of the storm that is brewing. I love it!

6 hours ago, meechuttso said:

saw her (SYY) on 'Your House Helper' and thought of you. I am sure you know she's in that already but wanted to give a shout out.

I was not aware of that. Asian Wiki does not have her listed as a cast member and it is not on her profile. I'll have to check that one out. Thanks for the heads up.

The good thing about living on the other side of the world is that I can wake up and see that lots of discussion happened while I was sleeping.  Thanks for all the comments!  :D

I may complain a bit about dragging, but I guess the slow pacing has worked: I am tuning in each week to see more.  And as others have said, if revelations came too soon, we wouldn't have this relationship between SR and WJ.  So I can settle in and enjoy the healing.

I've already loved SHS, but this is my first time for YSJ and I am charmed by his portrayal of Woo-jin.  (I sometimes would like to tune out the world with earphones, too.)

I'm still waiting for the answers about the aunt and uncle.  If the woman in yellow is the aunt, then her appearance changed a lot in 13 years.  I still can't picture them abandoning their niece.

... Patiently waiting to see if my guesses will be right.

tumblr_pd5zp7mmyS1w2zf0ho2_r1_540.png

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

I was not aware of that. Asian Wiki does not have her listed as a cast member and it is not on her profile. I'll have to check that one out. Thanks for the heads up.

She was SHS sis in law in FC and her aunt now in 30but17. 

I don't know why but judging from the view of the lady in yellow she doesn't look like SYY to me

36 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

She was SHS sis in law in FC and her aunt now in 30but17. 

I don't know why but judging from the view of the lady in yellow she doesn't look like SYY to me

They were also both in Legend of the Blue Sea.  :)

I agree.  It doesn't look like SYY.

tumblr_pd5zp7mmyS1w2zf0ho3_r1_540.png

tumblr_pd5zp7mmyS1w2zf0ho4_r1_540.png

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

They were also both in Legend of the Blue Sea.  :)

I agree.  It doesn't look like SYY.

I agree based on the hair. However, the rest of the back shot does look like her. She is slightly bow legged, and the woman in yellow appears to be as well. What I mean by bow legged is her knees are slightly apart and out of line with her ankles when she walks in heels. If the woman in yellow is her, she could be wearing a wig. Only time will tell and we will find out soon enough. I have no doubt we will see more of her as this drama unfolds.

As I said in a previous post, she finished taping Happy Sisters on May 11th or 12th and the first script reading for this drama took place on the 16th at the same SBS studio. That shot of her on the phone indicates it was shot somewhere around then because that hair style is similar to hers when Happy Sisters wrapped up. I have to imagine she took a few days off after the wrap up.

I have only recently started watching Kdramas, in fact it was her in Happy Sisters that got me to watching them. I have binge watched a couple of her dramas since then. (Five Children, 100 Year Inheritance) Legend of the Blue Sea, The Suspicious Housekeeper are on my radar now. Also, My Mother is a Daughter In Law if it ever gets subbed.

The little glimpse that we got of WJ's father really warmed my heart. He was so concerned that WJ was feeling overwhelmed. It really stood out to me because parents in dramaland who take mental illness in their children seriously are not that many. Hopefully that good first impression remains.

@mademoisellesia 

Yeah, I was a bit worried too. His talent was way unused in Temperature of Love, so I was wary when he chose another romantic project. At least in 30b17 it seems his character is more fun and challenging to play. Well, what can I say? I’m still waiting for him to play another psycho or villain :ph34r: He should play unstable guys more often, this is where his talent shines most.

Honestly I’m laughing my head off every time SR calls him “ahjussi”. It’s probably because his cheeks are chubbier here than in his previous dramas but he looks so baby faced. He definitely doesn’t look 30. He barely looks 26 (his real age for those who didn’t know).

9966E64A5B6CC2BC19

This drama is over the top unapologetically childish, reminding us not to take it so seriously, whatever it is. :grimace::grimace:

Every good drama inspires another new blogger, artist to get busy highlighting the beauteous bounties of that story and its actors. And in addition to great ones right here in this thread (looking at you, @tianaa ), I'm happy to see this one, http://kongssi.tistory.com/40

from which I am shamelessly lifting many to link and embed here.

If it's a competition for who can do the prettiest gifs, it sure is a stiff one. (get it? stiff gif??) :kiss_wink:

Some more pretty stills I can't pass up.

996E71475B6CC2C116

994C2D335B6CC38E21

Go see kongssi for more! http://kongssi.tistory.com/40

New BTS - Yoo Chan only

@Ni Wen @aisling After a night's sleep, I have a good guess for this scene now. Clues derived from preview: Woo Jin hears that some guy was hitting on Seo Ri & she went to a bar. The umbrella is used for decoration on alcoholic drinks, so he must have acquired it when he 'rescue' Seo Ri. This scene must be him evading Seo Ri's series of questionings on "you must be a good person... why are you nice to me? etc etc." :D 

@Mau_Cherry Jennifer could be totally unrelated to any characters too. I'm not too fuss about her identity. A writer tends to have a particular writing style, so the past & present dramas have many similarities e.g. both heros have traumas & the heroines heal their traumas; quirky heroines; Ye Jin Won & Hwang Seok Jung are for comic relief; hidden identities; a group of tetiary casts acting as a big family. The trend is about the same for King of High School Savvy too, except this show has two writers (one later wrote Oh My Ghost). Shin Hye Sun must be close with both writers seeing she worked with them several times.

Yoo Chan won't witness the first kiss. Too soon to give him a heart-break. His one-sided love will drag on for some time so that the writer can slay your hearts :DTheir kiss might be more of a comical one, like Seo Ri fell on Woo Jin & their lips touch or vice versa, LOL. It may not happen either since it's been confirmed there will be 20 episodes (old format), which could be why the show is in no rush to speed up the story-telling.

DkMtKeuVsAAujv7.jpg:large

Archived