[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Exactly what I have been thinking... the aunt sold the house but kept the money. On the other hand, she refused to pay the bills for WSR. Honestly, this felt stupid... The drama was good but it definitely had some flaws. 

I think she decided to wash her hands off SR after uncle died. But after selling the house she felt guilty to use it for herself. Yet she didn't want to pay for her hospital bills because she clearly wanted to run away from her responsibility to look after her 

Have you guys seen the latest pic of the OTP? The wedding pic on the swing, KISSING!!??

It was not shown in the drama...OMG!!

I wish I know how to post pic here..aisshhh

SBS robbed us from that scene..they omit the wrong scene..aishhh..

@Dramanoona..please summon Sohn now but to the people in SBS..

p/s..I hope, against all hope there will be special episode or something with all the scenes they have omitted..

6 minutes ago, inna75 said:

Have you guys seen the latest pic of them? The wedding pic on the swing, KISSING!!??

It was not shown in the drama...OMG!!

I wish I know how to post pic here..aisshhh

I posted above I guess no one saw except one hahahaha. I suggest summoning that scary red woman 

I think all went crazy everyone is reposting that photo on IG 

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

Let's prolong this,... this,... whatever this warm feeling it is inside of us by putting up clips of your favorite scenes (with subs preferred), ok Chingoos?  No limits! :) 

EDIT

And feel free to tell us why that moment or the words or the scene is special to you - for me, Woo-Jin's reply is so perfect here, and to see him mope and cry after saying the brave 'right thing' for his love, well, it was just too perfect but something I've longed to hear at times in my life - "choose what you feel is the best for you", but with such warmth and true selflessness. :innocent:

EDIT

And if any of you fans want to start a shipper thread for this couple, 꽁설 (Ggong Seol***) couple ( see here for examples ), please do! This whole drama thread is pretty much their shipper thread because they are in practically every post, so I don't really see a need, but if anyone does, I'll be supportive.

***Ggong is just the 1st syllable of Gong Woo-Jin's name with a hard ㄱ sound.

***Seol is a play on Woo Seo-Ri's name from the k-drama's most famous word for 'heart flutter', 설레다

@meechuttso Love what you wrote about one of your favorite moments :wub: I really want to know where to find someone like Mr. Gong, but alas maybe in my next life?? *I'll post about mine when I've had the chance to really think about it - I have so many!

I was actually looking for their shipper thread and I'm (still) surprised that no one has set one up. I still have a lot of work to do in regards to getting screenshots from all the eps. :sweatingbullets: Oh no! :scream: I will have to watch the whole series again for an indefinite period time to do this! :o;)

Mr. Gong's last name reminded me of Gong Seung Yeon's and how Lee Jong Hyun used '0' to represent her last name on a couple keychain he made for her during their WGM stint. I used to have 0WJ<3WSR displayed on my IG bio :D I'll have to add it back after I post this!

i have seen on IG them being referred to as JongSun couple. I've just had another look at the shippers' paradise link and omg... I'm tempted to. :sweatingbullets:

Hahahaha, love being referred to as a stoogette! :joy:

@inna75 @Ni Wen @m-sq You all have expressed all the feels I have for this drama beautifully. Thank you :wub: I thought it was Tuesday today when I woke up and then that sad feeling took over when I realized that it was Wednesday and that the drama finished yesterday. I'm missing them so much! :tears::tears::tears: 

Alas, I have to do some more adulting now, so see you all on the flip side. :)

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

I posted above I guess no one saw except one hahahaha. I suggest summoning that scary red woman 

I think all went crazy everyone is reposting that photo on IG 

Heheh..my comp is hvg prob downloading pics..I just saw your post chinggu but there is another one, where both OTP kissed each other....yes.. I would unleash the lady in red dress soon..hahahaha

The fans are frantic in my IG..everyone is practically cursing..hahahahha

EDITED

I would just post here so that my post will not seen as continuous..hehehe

@anjuliet @dftio..thank you for the compliment..hehehe..it wasnt much though but I felt the need to ramble about it after watching the subbed. One thing for sure, this will be another drama that I will be repeatedly binged watch whenever I feel the need to cry or feel good. Actually, this OTP reminded me of Pride and Prejudice (not the movie but the drama series produced in 1995..and yes, I do watch old dramas..hehehe). In particular the second couple, Jane and Mr Bingley. There was this one scene after Mr Bingley proposed, Jane's father commented that he was willing to accept Mr Bingley's proposal for Jane because he thought they are so suited of each other since they both are so good nature. He further commented that he wont be surprised if both are them will be out of money soon since they are both too good nature which makes them too trusting and innocent. GWJ and WSR reminded me of them. They are both good nature but them being swindled or outwit might be a bit far fetched since both of them will protect each other, no matter what (ref: the Director with the booger mole scene and the Festival President scene, both of which GWJ protected WSR at all cause and the scene at the club where WSR protected GWJ at all cause). Even WSR's aunt could not dare to stay away that long before admitting the truth. Like others, I think she could not find the heart to run away just like that and left those two without any answers since they both were so determined to pursue for the truth. This is how much I LOVE this couple. Their innocence, good nature, their positive insights, their soft and gentle heart..If there is a  real couple like that, I bet despite all the bad circumstances, they will grow old together striving each one of them together and they will be loved by others unconditionally..

@meechuttso..as per you request (but I need to apologise since I dont know how to insert any media despite my many attempts..hehehe..let me just describe them, ok..hehehe), I have two scenes actually that have the most impact on me:

1. Scene when GWJ stopped WSR in the middle of the intersection when she ran off to catch what she thought was her uncle (I think it was episode 3 or 4). See, in most drama, when the male lead did that, they were motivated by anger and the fact that they wanted to protect the female lead. The usual outcome is either they hugged in the middle, after which the male lead will yell at the female lead for being so reckless or the male lead will yell before that, expressing his concern through anger. But in this drama, the PD nim decided to do something unusual. GWJ stopped her, looking petrified and practically begging her not to run after the supposedly uncle "or you will die". And he begged with that gentle voice that sounded both genuinely worried  and scared something might happen to her, despite he was not that happy with her at that time. That scene actually hooked me to watch the drama. After that scene, I could not get myself to miss any of the episodes and even decided to watch it live. It is the scene that tells me this male lead is someone so gentle and actually loves this girl, but he just dont know it yet. I was so looking fwd to see how they developed after that.

2. The letter reading scene where GWJ narrates how he first met her. I think I've explained this in my previous posts. The scene was well-expressed with YSJ's soothing and gentle voice and the wordings were simple but  full of impact..And the image of both of them reading and writing the letters appear one after another symbolises how they fill each other's void actually. This is the scene that makes my tears flow effortlessly..even now I still cry whenever I watched this scene or even remember it..

Apart from these two, all of the scenes are incredible too. Of course I love the kissing scenes, the scenes where they are together, but these two scenes I've mentioned will linger in my mind for a long, long time..:love:

48 minutes ago, anjuliet said:

Maybe I shouldn't have? A moment of madness, I swear. :sweatingbullets:

Nah it's not! :heart:

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Final BTS

Ahhh yang se jong is so funny in these bts always making these cute funny faces. I hope this not the final one. We are supposed to have one more :huh:

What did he say after the kiss bts?

I'm so sorry didn't realise I posted continuously. 

3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Final BTS

Oh noooo.. does that mean we do not get a special next week? But I sooooo wanted to see more of their NGs and interviews and after dinner party. Sobbbb

The BTS is wayyy too short, so many more scenes for them to reveal what happened behind the scenes :dissapointed_relieved:

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

Can we have a nomination for Boyfriend of the Year?

OMG.

Hands down it is our Mr.Gong :wub:

No, change that... Boyfriend of the Century :D

I don't know why, but I don't feel the need to ship them in shipper's thread. There are many dramas I watched where I am so touched with the OTP and can watch them over again and again and again, but really don't feel any need to ship them. And then there are couples that I really feel like shipping so much... I wonder why that is....

7 hours ago, m-sq said:

* WJ's reflection on life, getting up instead of staring at the closed door, how opening one small window he didn't know could open became more open doors. Wish I could quote the WHOLE thing. Beautiful.

Here you go. It's a rephrase of what's on Page 4 and on the Top post on Page 1, but Yang Se-Jong's beautiful voice and enunciation in Korean is just absolutely perfect!

It's worthy of being read again and again, so....

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

(Woo-Jin starts narrating as he stares at Seo-Ri in the window, looking out together)

When one door to happiness closes,
Another, different, door to happiness can open, it is said.

Spoiler

행복의 문이하나 닫히면
또다른 행복의 문 하나가 열린다고 한다

(Woo-Jin the bearded...)

But many a people
Are busy staring only at the door that is already closed
That they go on living not even aware that there is another door.

Spoiler

하지만 많은 사람들이
이미 닫혀버린 문만보느라
또다른 행복의 문이 존제하는지조차 모른체 살아간다

(Woo-Jin notices plant in the sun, Seo-Ri protects him with red makeup face)

It's possible, that another different door of happiness
May not be a particularly special or grandiose thing, we don't know.

Spoiler

어쩌면, 또다른 행복의 문이라는건
대단히 특별하거나, 거창한것들이 아닐지도 모른다

(Woo-Jin & Seo-Ri onion cry and beach scenes)

It's possible, that a really small and trifling
Thing that doesn't even seem worthy of consideration
May be the other different door of happiness that is opened for us.

Spoiler

어쩌면, 너무나 작고 사소한
보잘것없어 보이는것들이
우리를향해 열려있는 또다른 행복의 문일지도 모른다

(Seo-Ri opens the window above Woo-Jin's room)

Not even realizing that it can be opened
That small ceiling window in my room that had always been closed,
After she taught me the know-how of opening it,
Just like how that window became for me another different door of happiness.

Spoiler

열리는줄 조차 몰라
늘 닫혀있던 내방안의 이 작은 천장창이
그녀가 여는법을 가르처준후
내게 또다른 행복의 문이 되어주었던것쳐럼

(Seo-Ri waves at Woo-Jin and both run upto the overpass bridge)

If only we were to not continue squatting in front of the closed door
Before it becomes too late,
If we would turn to see the different door of happiness wide open for us.

Spoiler

닫힌문앞에 계속 주저앉아있지 않는다면
더 늦기전에
활작열려있는 또다른행복의문을 돌아봐준다면

If we would muster up the courage to walk step by step towards that door once more,
Perhaps that which we had not even had a knowledge of,
Those brilliant happiness(es), can be discovered, you never know....

Spoiler

그문을향해 한번더 용기내 뚜벅뚜벅 걸어간다면
어쩌면 또한번 존재하는지조차몰랐던
짱짱한 행복들을 찾아낼수있을지도 모른다

(Screen shows Seo-Ri & Woo-Jin wedding photo) :wub:

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

If you read this over and listen to his words, I realize that ALL the high hopes I had for this drama (after the July 8th announcement and this same thematic wording released by the writer) which made me so happy and excited then, have been completely, utterly and thoroughly fulfilled in hindsight.B) Yes I too got a bit antsy and started doubting and muttering through the middle, but re-reading these words and re-living each and every one of those scenes, you realize what a brilliant piece of work the writer, director, pd have done here.:rolleyes: They saved it, saved it, they waited some more, and although we knew in our head how it's supposed to unfold and were wondering if things would actually happen the way we were hoping - BANG! :w00t: Just like that in Eps 15 & 16, it all just exploded into the most perfect, beautiful and amazing fireworks that spelled it out for us once again this exact message through every little meme and nuanced hint they threw at us everywhere in every episode! :wub:

Now it's up to us to go and collect all those treasures glittering all around us, and remind one another of how perfect each of those bits and pieces are! Are we ready?? Hmm?? :sweatingbullets:

giphy.gif&key=b599683ce262626d7fac12a232

Fabulous GIF credit @dramaninja !

7 hours ago, m-sq said:

* The closing scene--their marriage is obvious (sharing their bed, the rings) but understated, in a way that brings their relationship and love and commitment to the forefront. Their smiles and cute kisses and their waves goodbye...

Loved that understated part - just the right touch for me. This drama is per-er-fect!

Beyond perfect! :phew:

I have actually not watched the subbed yet because I'm so "busy" trying to search for their photos. Yes that's me suffering from "3017 PTSD" (different from Mr Gong okay):P

From the raw episode, I'm actually quite disappointed that these few things were not addressed.

First, the Polaroid photo, I was so looking forward to see how they let SR see this! Why why why :bawling:

Similarly, does SR know the lost boy was Chan and vice versa? Does she know the boy's mom was WJ sis whom she had found familiar? Does Chan knows the boy he saved was related to SR? Ri An and Mr Gong still didnt meet. And like someone pointed out, why is that link between Jennifer and uncle not addressed too. Even in narration she doesn't know it's SR's uncle.

I can only attribute ALL these to the show being cut short. BECAUSE judging from the writer's style throwing little details here and there in the first half of the show, she doesn't show these clues and links for nothing. I felt it had to remain unanswered since there really is no time for all these in the last episode. 

Only for Jennifer and uncle, I assume then that they wanted to show that he was really a kind man. 

Someone pointed out they didn't have time for a proposal scene but I felt they never intended to have one. That proposal turned out to be a funny misunderstanding LOL. That was when the funny comedic parts shown in the first half of the show came back again after continuous episodes of tears and crying sad scenes. 

I love the scene where Physiologist teased dorky WJ in front of SR. It's so funny when he stammered!

The uncle scene was totally  heartwrenching. To think he couldn't wait to see SR wake up from her coma. It was just so sad. 

Edit: I was also disappointed that SR never got to play a duet with the Professor in the end; that was the one thing I feel so bad for her. 

Archived