[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

I just notice something as I rewatch again, WJ likes to travel since he was young because when he was playing with basketball with his friends he made two traveling fault before he shoot the ball :lol: hahaha sorry for my lame joke only those who likes basketball knew what I’m talking about. 

Anyway i I feel that there will be impending kiss coming after that confession in the bridge when SR said it’s not what you think about hahaha, she will finally confess! I don’t know hopefully PDim will grant our wish! 

I think now now it will be finally easy for Chan to let go of his Ajumma because he will remember the person in the drawing that his uncle admire before, I hope he will have a recollection of his memory even though he was 6 at that time. He really cares for his uncle and I hope WJ will also open up to him because poor boy he always worries and get wrong assumption all the time, he will become adult soon. I can see the difference between the love for family and a friend, he just like SR because she is like his chick jr that needs caring and shelter. By the way where it is? 

And our DK/Fang is really a good actor! How did he cried Ike that :tears: I’m a dog lover because we grew up in the family with lots of dog and I can say that they have feelings as well, even stronger because of their owner feel distress the more they feel anxious. That’s why he was lame when WJ shut himself to the world.  I’m glad as when that Ms. Kang give them a short break before coming back to work so that they can sort out their issue, I guess they will not be surprised when they will know that when the two is in a relationship or better yet maybe they will throw a party! Hahaha! Anyway I’m glad that they are co-worker, because the job of SR is to interpret classical music and WJ is to design, is the anymore perfect than that? 

Plus I hope that SR will have a chance to play violin duet with HT that will be her biggest achievement even though she missed opportunity playing violin. 

I hope Jennifer will be back to her old self and smile again, because she is really beautiful. I hope that she will genuinely find her happiness. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my, and their story continues to build, in the the fertile imaginations of the many they inspired...:love:

Go check out this IGer, @sangsangfac, which means imaginationfactory.

Then this one, the poster says, "Seo-Ri who enjoys music" , "Seo-Ri who looks happy when she plays music", then substitutes Seo-Ri with first person pronoun asking herself, and substitutes music with art (drawing). :phew:

And a beautiful bundle of scenes nicely wrapped with the epic quote. :innocent::heartbreak::innocent::love::innocent::heart::innocent:

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@celebrianna I have to say that I suspected the truck driver to be the anonymous donor because to me, it was clear that this drama has been focusing on the topic: guilt.

GWJ was suffering from PTSD because of his guilt. He had the impression that he was the reason that his loved one had died as she had stayed on the bus. Since he witnessed the bus crashing, he felt somehow responsible. However, he never saw the real cause of the accident: the lose tires.

We saw that Jennifer was living as a robot and manual because of guilt. She lost her baby because she neglected herself due to the loss of her husband. Moreover, if her husband hadn't bought things for the baby, then he wouldn't have been involved in the accident.

Striking is that even WSR felt guilty... after reading the letter WJ left, she kept saying "because of me". He never lived a proper life as he felt responsible for her coma and the loss of time. What he didn't know was that WSR wanted to speak to him... he should have never felt responsible for that.

Even the aunt feels now remorse... she keeps saying that it wasn't her fault. Nevertheless she realizes that she has done something wrong. She did abandon her niece. But the question is: does she feel responsible for the husband's lies and later for the bankruptcy and death?

Even TR felt guilty. She resented WSR but she was always feeling uncomfortable to lie and nervous. TR was tormented as well by the past: resenting WSR for being so joyful and receiving recognition from the professor.

As for the truck driver... I can feel his pain and torment. He never wanted to cause the accident and he is just indirectly involved in the accident. Nevertheless, he can only start living again, once the families from the injured and deceased decide to show empathy and forgiveness. By meeting WSR, the truck driver will be able to hear from her that she doesn't resent him at all.

@bebebisous33 you've been quoted by several others here, but I have to say I am enjoying learning from your drama-watching insights for ability to mine the clues for all your right conclusions. And how they relate to grasping the big theme, in this case guilt from the past, also. Thanks for your clear summaries.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

I like how the show brings the whole message of "what if". Assuming and thinking of "what if that havnt happened" "what if that happened" makes one think IF the ending would be better or would be what you desired. Thinking WHAT IF things will be different and better and thinking of that in comparison just makes one sad. That's so true because that's human nature. And because you can never predict what will happen if you did that or not did that. You don't just assume it would garner a different result but as human nature you usually would and you start imagining the scenario and get sad and regret. 

Yes, agreed with @Ni Wen too. If there's just one thing that I might be able to add to you guys' insights, the idea that the writer is trying to get across works just that much better if instead of 'if', or 'what if', we use another simple 2-word English phrase 'if only'. The translation for this drama, as far as I can tell, has been very good, but with the introduction of this concept of people (many of us really) living with the guilt and haunted by the what-ifs of their past, substituting 'if only' in many of the dialog translations (Doc HT with WJ, Jennifer, then HT with his colleague), then it works that much better, I hope. Sadly that's what we hear many people say, 'if only', 'if only', for things and events that happened over which they had no control, or maybe especially for thing that they thought they had control over, isn't it?

Quoting again from the SBS site and translated on the top of the first page post of this thread:

As someone has once said, many a people are only looking back at the regretful past that has gone by,
Living on in a state unable to see another happiness that is in right in front of them.

So obviously the big reveal by the writer/director of this key idea was Eps 13,14. But now we can appreciate better the lesson they were hoping to convey for us thru this most lovely story.

-_-

12 hours ago, r047 said:

I've read an article in Korean that mentions the number 36, autotranslator is not good as usual but from what I understand it's the number of episodes. I hope it's true! :w00t:

As much as we dread the end, let's just take it as the finale next week and hope for ratings to soar! It would be the best present for the 3017 team. To finish off on a high note and still hoping SHS birthday wish of 15% would come true :D

I agree... whether 2 more of 4 more episodes, all is already revealed (including the identities of WJ and SR as teenagers). The only thing left is SR's family.

I hope we get to see SR on stage one more time playing her violin with passion and love. The scene with WJ at the beach with the portrait - I  am sure that it is SR approaching him (or hopefully, their little family) since he has already made plans to be her husband.

Rk4YZx.gif

Just realised it was a quick progression from the River date (boyfriend) to now husband. :lol:

well i like the storytelling of eps 14.so good,we have two pov of the leads. it reminds me of this same story. anyone here watched movie son ye jin and so ji sub Be with you,at first we only know young pov (point of view) of the male leads (he met the girl,curios about her, loved the girl,chasing the girl and ect) but we didnt see at girl pov. but at the end we see that in pov female that she feel the same with the boy,she liked boy and want to know him.its same with seo ri and woo jin.

59 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Just realised it was a quick progression from the River date (boyfriend) to now husband. :lol:

This drama is so different from what we expect, we are like Channie, he expected that when he is with SR they will look like a couple the lady called them noona and aunt relationship so far on what expected; them this!:lol: we thought they will be boyfriend relationship but grandma thought they are husband wife relationship. 

I can imagine that their children will be an excellent artist! Imagine music genius and professional sketcher! What a blessed genes! 

Credit to the owner:

Migyo – Us Right Now (우리 지금) Thirty But Seventeen OST Part 6

You, you were just acting a bit strange
Your face grew red and flustered
I saw everything

And you, when we met eyes
Your focus, your heart were shaking
And that looked so pretty to me

I have nothing more to hope for today
You’re shining
The sky is high and blue
And I’m gonna keep walking, I feel the wind
Yes, come closer
This perfect moment

You, it keeps flickering before me
The pretty words you said last night
Even your face

And you, honestly, I was secretly depressed
What if we grow apart?
Though it seems foolish

I have nothing more to hope for today
You’re shining
The sky is high and blue
And I’m gonna keep walking, I feel the wind
Yes, come closer
This perfect moment

The clouds just formed, the sunlight is spilling down
I can’t hold onto those things but
I hope these new sights
Will keep coming forever
Just like the perfect us

I have nothing more to be curious about today
My heart is about to explode
The sweet look you’re giving me
I’m gonna shout out loud that I love you
Just hug me
This perfect moment

4 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

And on both occasions, WJ is terribly happy till he can dance hahaha!

Dorky Ajusshi :mrgreen:

I though Grandma meant to say he's  SR's groom instead, so in her eyes they are like newly weds? :P

Edit: a few things left to show other than the uncle...

1. SR sees the Polaroid photo 

2. SR finds out who WJ sis is since she finds her familiar 

3. Ri an meets Mr Psycho aka Mr Gong finally 

4. SR fulfils her dream to play the violin again 

Good news y'all who are interested in purchasing 30but17 DVDs.

They are doing an 'investigation of interest'. But seems like right now you need to have Daum or Kakao account to login to see anything! :wacko:

Link: http://cafe.daum.net/still17DVD

Dm-l8Q5U4AErbxS.jpg:large

@meechuttso Your Korean literacy will come in handy here, lol.

There is only one point that was very clear: Dukgu was the only one who knew the truth. It has always been said, that animals are very wise xD.

This drama has been a pleasant surprise for me; perhaps its rhythm was slow, and many viewers did not like that. But let me share my personal opinion: in the latest years, I have left many kdramas without ended for several reasons: the history, the edition, the performances, the damn and tired cliches, etc. And although this drama contains the typical cliches, it has that particularity of showing us a pure, sincere love, not only between a couple but between family (blood-related or not) and friends, that helps to cope the problems that arise in life, some inevitable, others by misunderstandings, and that helps to mature and grow as a person.

A beautiful story, with solid performances (including Dukgu :D) that kept me attentive from beginning to end.

7 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

And on both occasions, WJ is terribly happy till he can dance hahaha!

Dorky Ajusshi :mrgreen:

I though Grandma meant to say he's  SR's groom instead, so in her eyes they are like newly weds? :P

Edit: a few things left to show other than the uncle...

1. SR sees the Polaroid photo 

2. SR finds out who WJ sis is since she finds her familiar 

3. Ri an meets Mr Psycho aka Mr Gong finally 

4. SR fulfils her dream to play the violin again 

In their scheme of things, what if WJ sis was the surgeon who performed surgery on Seo-ri...

1 hour ago, docgippeum22 said:

In their scheme of things, what if WJ sis was the surgeon who performed surgery on Seo-ri...

Is the sis a surgeon? What would she had operated on SR? Does anyone remember what kind of doctor she is? I was thinking it might be something related to her uncle, since some of us guess that uncle was sick or even died already. Maybe SR had seen them talking together before...

Archived