[Drama 2018] Thirty But Seventeen, 서른이지만열일곱입니다

meechuttso

Hola friends.

Just a wrap of this story that started many months ago.

"Thirty But Seventeen" received 5 prizes at the SBS2018 Drama Awards. Source

Park Si-Eun (young Seo-Ri) - Best Child Actor

Ye Ji-Won (Jennifer) - Best Supporting Actress

Ahn Hyo-Seob (Chan) - Best New Actor

Yang Se-Jong (Woo-Jin) - Excellence Award Mon-Tue Dramas

Shin Hye-Sun (Seo-Ri) - Top Excellence Award Mon-Tue Dramas

No best couple prize for the Ggong-Seol (꽁설) couple - but all in all every single one a most deserved prize and something we all can be proud of on this thread.

Happy New Year Chingoos! Congratulations to EVERYONE who made and watched and loved "30 but 17"!

:wub:

s4gFHXY.jpg&key=9438f8849de38477f208c332

park-si-eun.jpg

ahn-hyo-seop.jpg

Spoiler

ye-ji-won.jpg

Spoiler

yang-se-jong.png

Channeling his inner Woo-Jin, YSJ made the shortest speech of the night and made a dash off the stage - missing was his beard, though.

shin-hye-sun1.jpg

This is what she wore in the second half of the loong 4.5h ceremony.

DvwzppVVAAARgnh.jpg

Bonus pics

JnsH5XOQ?format=jpg&name=600x314

DvvmtHHVsAAaKwN.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, immorethant said:

3 musketeers' performed special stage show of g.o.d.'s 'One Candle' .

Thanks for posting the special stage. What a talented trio! 

It was a great  performance! Such a great idea for AHS to start off with Auld Lang Syne on the violin to ring in the New Year! Such a talented guy:heart: Their dancing, singing and chemistry was so good. You know it's a success when the actor audience are obviously enjoying it.  Sometimes the drama awards audience are rather unresponsive to the performances but they were laughing, dancing and singing along here :D

I just watched Yang Se Jong's acceptance speech and he was almost as nervous as Ahn Hyo Seop! :lol: 

Park Si Eun's acceptance speech made me tear up when she started crying even though I'm not even sure what she was saying :tears:

8 hours ago, immorethant said:

My best couple

They are my best couple among the three too. Really wished they had won.

I actually hoped they could win the Best Drama too since PD Jo was there too! It would be great to see him and the cast gather on stage to share the honour. I know I'm being a little greedy but anyway so happy for all of them!

13 hours ago, immorethant said:

Paeng will not go to sleep until onnie Seori gets the award.

She's so adorable! 

Big love for this family. :heart:

1 hour ago, Ni Wen said:

They are my best couple among the three too. Really wished they had won.

I actually hoped they could win the Best Drama too since PD Jo was there too! It would be great to see him and the cast gather on stage to share the honour. I know I'm being a little greedy but anyway so happy for all of them!

Actually in my opinion (doesn't mean to offend anyone), I still don't understand how possible a drama which won 5 actor/actress awards didn't win best drama and best couple ?  So I think probably Award judges decided not to give those 2 awards because this will make this ceremony became 'SBS 30but17 drama awards' if this drama won everything.  :P  But for me , this drama and this couple will always be the best in my heart. :heart:

Some good year-end review from dramabeans article.

[2018 Year in Review] An intermission with a crescendo

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/2018-year-in-review-an-intermission-with-a-crescendo/

"Way too often have I been in her shoes, wondering why I could not get a job, why I remained stuck while everyone moved forward, or why everyone but me seemed to adult so effortlessly. Seo-ri used the musical intermission metaphor to describe her current situation, a break in her life before the show of her life goes on to bring her more good things. She encouraged me to break free from my metaphorical unemployment coma and redemption arc mindset, and instead gifted me her healthier intermission mindset to put into practice.

Our Mr. Gong suffered a trauma after witnessing a horrible accident, and unjustly blamed himself for that accident for the following thirteen years. It was a joy to watch him gradually overcome his trauma and return to his old true self. There should be more male K-drama leads as kind, supportive, and open-minded as Woo-jin out there, both on our screens and in our environment."

[2018 Year in Review] Thrill me, heal me

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/12/2018-year-in-review-thrill-me-heal-me/

"Broken heroes are no rarity in dramaland. If anything, they’re our favorite type. Best of all, we know the story will resolve around their remaking. But broken heroines? That’s a much scarcer breed, and nobody did it better this year than Shin Hye-sun in Thirty But Seventeen.

Yang Se-jong presents as a barely functional adult, locked in a state of arrested emotional development. He has true connections to only a very small handful of people and acutely fears having more, which makes what grows between him and Seo-ri such a lovely, tender thing, as each finds helps and healing from the other.

It’s as painful as it is desperately funny, and doubly moving because Seo-ri’s unwavering optimism at times can trick you into forgetting how hurt she is beneath it, and how hard she’s working to catch up to the 30-year-old self she wants to be. She ends up fashioning not just a family around her, but a fandom—of people who love her and would go to hell and back for her.

It told us that it’s alright to spend some time in the space in between while you find your direction again; the intermission is also part of the show."

Behind awards scene :wub:

credit https://twitter.com/aWaltz4aNight

DjnLHiL.gif

hpS2OaP.gif

Spoiler

The same guy from this interview.  :P

IZyuK0r.jpg

DkZzB3Z.gif

Also this one for our lovely couple.

I think he didn't speak the truth, he paused for a while thinking about sending heart and then just change to tease her instead about Jennifer Lawrence. For a shy guy like him, doing this in public is...something  (sorry for working on my imagination again) :P

I'm glad a lot of people enjoyed this drama. I tried with this drama, but it was just too cliche; I can't even count the number of near misses he had of finding out the truth of her identity, the trauma he had of witnessing the accident and blaming himself (??) and her lack of trauma after going through an accident where people died,  and so many others.  This drama probably got better as it went on, but once I lose interest in a drama and it no longer appeals to me, it's time for me to drop it. I don't blame the actors because the cast is great, just the plot and storyline wasn't up to par for me. I never seen a bunch of people who were so incapable of talking at times.....just a bunch of stuttering..tiring. I couldn't get past ep 10--I just decided to call it quits. 

I will say that this drama will appeal to a lot of people because there is a lightness to it that is refreshing.

I understand why some viewers feel the plot isn't interesting enough or the pace is too slow or the angst and trauma of the characters are probably not serious enough comparing to other dramas.  I think it's okay, different people have different tastes and different experiences to relate drama to their own life.  

"Even if you want to slow it down, even if you want to make it go faster, time simply goes by at its pace.  Time will pass on its own. If you avoid it even before it does. the really important things will get swept away with time"

"A person's life doesn't always require a special or dramatic event for it to suddenly change. Sometimes very small and trivial things shake our lives with a force that is stronger than we think."

"Yoo-Chan: I'm not tired at all. The world is so beautiful,
Hae-Bum: You're crazy. What are you talking about?
Yoo-Chan: Isn't the world beautiful? Especially these days? Look at those clouds.
Hae-Bum: They're gray.
Yoo-Chan: Birds are chirping beautifully.
Hae-Bum: Crows cawing can't sound beautiful.
Deok-Su: He's totally out of his mind."

"Don't think, feel ! " 

"I have something more important than playing violin. I want to live with the people I like here. That's what makes me happy. And above all, being with you makes me the happiest. I don't care if people call me a fool. I chose to be happy, and I chose what's more precious to me. I didn't give up, I made a choice."

The above quotes from this drama are the things that I feel and can relate to myself that small things also have meaning and beautiful in their own ways,  time also has its pace so we should enjoy the ride (and life) rather than keep thinking and expecting too much for final outcome.  And last but not the least, our own happiness is the thing that we have to choose and experience for ourselves, not the thing that other people told us to do or feel.

So I just wish all the drama viewers can find their own door to happiness and their favorite drama.

For me, the world is beautiful and birds chirp beautifully in this drama.   :heart:

thirty-but-seventeen-008.jpg?w=1200

I can't say how much I love this little healing masterpiece. It's one of my favourite and in my own opinion one of the best dramas in 2018. The cast absolutely deserved all their 5 acting awards in the SBS Drama Awards.

I have to agree with @immorethant that different people have different tastes in dramas. Some drop it halfway but I have lost count of the number of times I've rewatched the whole drama ever since it ended.:D

Missing all my fella 30but17 friends  @dftio @Dramanoona @aisling @thistle @r047 @m-sq @yourHiGHNESS @Tasia @Lj @sunshine92 @anjuliet @Mau_Cherry @mademoisellesia and many more here when we had much fun here during the airing of the drama. Hope you all are doing fine!

The Gongseol Couple lives forever in my heart  :love:

Cute, bright and bubbly baby Hye Sun :D

Cute nervous baby Se Jong :D

They are undisputedly the cutest pure couple of 2018 :)

Thanks @Ni Wen! This really was a very special drama, and I enjoyed discussing it with everyone.  It was 30 But 17 that convinced me to finally stop lurking and start posting here.  :)  

I haven't re-watched yet but that is because this drama left me with such a peaceful completed feeling.....I think I'll save re-watching for a time when I truly need reassurance and smiles.

Are you watching Encounter (Boyfriend)?  The romance there is really excellent.  You might enjoy.  Hope to see you on that thread!

1 hour ago, thistle said:

Are you watching Encounter (Boyfriend)?  The romance there is really excellent.  You might enjoy.  Hope to see you on that thread!

Yes I'm watching it, just that I'm not posting in that thread. :P

Nice to "see" you again. :D

@Ni Wen Aww thanks for remembering & tagging me :) especially when I wasn't exactly very active in here. I couldn't watch the award show live due to bad internet :wacko: but happy to learn from SNS that 3017 were big winners that night.

Anywhos... it's late but still would like to wish you all who visit here, a Happy New Year 2019~! May we meet again in another thread this year & spazz together ~ ♥

Archived