Request Not Satisfied Cloudfront Error Blocked

maddymappo

Question

I cannot get into Soompi Forums on USA network connection. I get an Error message "Request Not Satisfied" Cloudfront blocked.

I had to use my VPN to get into forums from a different network.  Is this happening all over USA? 

Can you tell me how to overcome this problem? I can only get into forums from another country's network.

I get the following message:

ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: a8nFBSNgoZgPtOjxrIDnTcnNXQlq1dovCBDCR0SxGqNcXkjOGevSaA==

11 answers to this question

Hello @maddymappo

I'm not from the States but I've just set my VPN to US and it connects to the site no problem, so I don't think it's a nation wide problem. I've asked a member of our staff to look into it so hopefully we can get back to you with a permanent solution. Sorry for any hassle your going through but thanks for highlighting your difficulties. 

1 hour ago, Ais1ing said:

Hello @maddymappo

I'm not from the States but I've just set my VPN to US and it connects to the site no problem, so I don't think it's a nation wide problem. I've asked a member of our staff to look into it so hopefully we can get back to you with a permanent solution. Sorry for any hassle your going through but thanks for highlighting your difficulties. 

Thanks, the VPN working for UK and other locations for me so a bit confusing and inconvenient for now.

23 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Thanks, the VPN working for UK and other locations for me so a bit confusing and inconvenient for now.

I can imagine. Sorry again for the hassle.

@maddymappo

Could you do me a favour and raise a ticket via this form 

https://support.soompi.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The tech team is aware of your problem but it's easier for them to respond to you directly from this form. 

@maddymappo quick question: if you try to connect to a US VPN, does it do the same?

If not, it's your IP address that's most likely blocked for some reason. If other US connections don't work either, it's a bigger issue (though doubtful since I've not seen or heard others complain).

If it's your IP, you can release your IP and renew it. Most likely will get you the same, but it might not. If you do get the same IP, you'll need to flush it. Google on how to do it (since different operating systems will have different procedures to do that and it's quite lenghty and technical to explain all those operating systems :) ) if you're unfamiliar.

19 minutes ago, CamelKnight said:

@maddymappo quick question: if you try to connect to a US VPN, does it do the same?

If not, it's your IP address that's most likely blocked for some reason. If other US connections don't work either, it's a bigger issue (though doubtful since I've not seen or heard others complain).

If it's your IP, you can release your IP and renew it. Most likely will get you the same, but it might not. If you do get the same IP, you'll need to flush it. Google on how to do it (since different operating systems will have different procedures to do that and it's quite lenghty and technical to explain all those operating systems :) ) if you're unfamiliar.

Hello,  I was able to get into soompi forums using a VPN, even if it was set to the US.   It was very strange. and frustrating. I went into settings and tried unblocking stuff and entered under "allow"  www.*.soompi.com   I really tried everything. Now I couldn't tell you exactly what I did.  Also I was always able to get into soompi.com and other soompi links, just not the forum.

Then in the middle of the night at some time, suddenly I found I could connect back into forums without using the VPN.  So my ordeal is over!

Thank you for following up with the IP advice. 

6 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Hello,  I was able to get into soompi forums using a VPN, even if it was set to the US.   It was very strange. and frustrating. I went into settings and tried unblocking stuff and entered under "allow"  www.*.soompi.com   I really tried everything. Now I couldn't tell you exactly what I did.  Also I was always able to get into soompi.com and other soompi links, just not the forum.

Then in the middle of the night at some time, suddenly I found I could connect back into forums without using the VPN.  So my ordeal is over!

Thank you for following up with the IP advice. 

No problem. I'm happy it works again :)

It's possible your lease on your IP expired (you get one for a set number of days/hours, depending on the settings of your provider) and you've now gotten a new IP. It seems to me to be the most logical explanation.

Whatever it was, it works now though :D 

2 hours ago, Ais1ing said:

I can imagine. Sorry again for the hassle.

@maddymappo

Could you do me a favour and raise a ticket via this form 

https://support.soompi.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The tech team is aware of your problem but it's easier for them to respond to you directly from this form. 

Thank you. The problem is resolved somehow. My ordeal is over. Took about 24 hours.  Don't know why it started and after fooling around with settings, don't really know how and why it ended, but I can connect directly into forums now w/o VPN.  :)

Archived