[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This happens in a few dramas but I dont like seeing it especially in this one, where the girl does something selflessly and is broken about it he is watching or around yet lets her be distressed.

I understand he is confused and abit lost in that situation, but it was someone you claim to care about you can hear them broken hearted yet walk away and leave them like that.  I know he has things to resolve but she has also supported him.

Worst part about it is he will resolve his issues go back and she will be yeah i still love you everything is fine.  He just ripped your heart out and you accept him back immediately because he came back.  If he needed time out to resolve his past then you should have time out as well to CONSIDER taking him back.

He could of reassured her or said something or lessen the embarrasment by hugging her but no just walked away........

I dont think JW will end up with SH. SH once said that JW too good for her. And JW also seems to be ready to let her go. 

As for DY. I agree with what she did. I wouldn't want to be with someone that hearts and minds were somewhere else.

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

This drama was truly an unexpected gem. It's a shame it's not as "popular" as other dramas.. I mean by looking at the low thread count here in comparison to others. 

I'd miss the drama & its cast. 

I love that the characters got to live out their dreams & found love along the way.. That was a nice touch Jin-Gook included Ddo-Bok the Dog toward the end. Da-Young's Dad was a dear, sweet man who was simply gone too soon.. His message of "Smiling is better than crying" resonated so much with me. 

The lady Go cafe Ahjusshi's been pining over was So-Hee LoL? And there's romance blooming for Ahn Lady too. The only letdown for me was the way the drama dealt with So-Mi's sexual harassment at the hands of her stepbrother. It seemed too "easy"? 

Overall I think the charm of this drama was how it had this old-world feel to it? Like it reminded me of a simpler time where people used to talk & not text etc. 

It was fun. Hope to see y'all in the next drama thread. Until then take care everyone. Be kind & be happy. God Bless. 

Just curious...why does Im Da-Young face looks like she applied many layers of make-up?  It has the "cake" look when close-up.  Like trying to cover up any blemish, etc...not natural... 

All in all...I enjoy this series because of Kim Ji-Woon -- Han Seok-Jin and Go Tae-Soo -- Jo Hee-Bong. Enjoy seeing how they relate to each other and care for each other in their own ways. And there's Jang Yong-Gun -- Yun Ju-Sang....oh he is such an "angel" looking out for Im Da-Young.

Indeed a nice series to watch ...

Sad it came to an end... I will miss HSK until his next project. Besides that I might be in the minority here, but I just love JW/DY. The kiss(es)?! Wish there were more dating moments between the two. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSl6rth7cXLA2gLGdaGWUpimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3-spHv229SKsrO3RhosU

I always feel bad when a drama is this good and goes unnoticed but then I think to myself how thankful I am that I am not one of those whom passed it by.  Everyone has their own thoughts and ideas on what meant or touched them the most about Your House Helper.  I think for me it was a mixture of how one single life can not only touch and change others.  Even more in how that change has a ripple affect and flows forward enabling all those that are touched to change others too...

Mind you it's story enlightens all of us to the fact that the one single life that reached out wasn't one of perfection but one of desperation, brokenness, struggling and lost. 

That it doesn't take perfection to reach out and care it only takes a willing HEART...

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Did you watch Radiant Office ? That drama was even worse- hardly any skinship & just a peck . At least this one the kiss was a good proper one . It’s always such a waste of HSJ’s talent when they don’t give us more kisses . :lol:. I’ll have to go rewatch Something about 1%

Yes! Barely a peck in the last episode had me pulling my hair out! :joy: It was a very slow burn. However, I enjoyed that gem of a show. 

9 hours ago, chdom said:

I might be in the minority here, but I just love JW/DY. The kiss(es)?! Wish there were more dating moments between the two. 

Really? Liking them puts you in the minority here? If so, the minority just got bigger - I loved them. They felt very natural and organic. Everything about them felt right, including the absence of PDAs.  I would have been just as happy if they had remained platonic friends, but despite the fact that I could never buy Bona as late 20s (her character's supposed age), the growth of the relationship felt credible to me. I like that the couples , all of them, were about people who clicked, not contrived skinship just for the sake of fan service. And after having now really enjoyed her in three Drama, I say again to Ms. Kim - "please DO quit your day job"    - I watched my first 100 K Dramas in 9 months, it took me 4.5 years to finally reach 200, and I'm delighted that I reached it with this Drama. A Drama to which my reaction was best summed up by the very lovely Ms Kim herself

200thumsup.png

9 hours ago, triplem said:

This was also really sweet 

Thank you @triplem  I loved the way the writer made everyone understated, allowing us to add our own parts.

9 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Mind you it's story enlightens all of us to the fact that the one single life that reached out wasn't one of perfection but one of desperation, brokenness, struggling and lost. 

That it doesn't take perfection to reach out and care it only takes a willing HEART...

@USAFarmgirl thank you for another well stated summary.

I purposely stayed out of this thread just because there was something to be gained from NOT writing or talking about a drama for once but just watching it very focused, and really soaking it in purely for myself.

Now that it's over, I have to gush just a little bit at least. This was the most balanced, well written and beautifully carried out (produced and directed and acted) story EVER! It never tried to do too much, told what it set out to tell PERFECTLY, and EVERYONE in the story had just the right amount of parts, no one was left out, and it was a remarkable feat! Now this story has to be the top 1 or 2 that I would recommend to anyone who wants to know what's so special about k-dramas apart from all the well known ones. Bravo!

Will revisit some time, but Ep 16 was also the best, the most gifable, too. :wub:  See you all in other happy rooms here, Chingoos. ;)

Oh, I forgot to mention, the theme song music is also perfect!

Spoiler

< 좋은 하루 - 새벽공방 > 아픈 기억은 다 버리고 싫었던 일들은 좀 치우고 그럼 모두 다 괜찮아질까 정말 좋은 하루가 되줄까 넌 요즘 내 맘을 대책도 없이 어지럽게 해 이게 사랑 일까 그냥 그럴 때가 있어 내 마음 속에 네가 사는 기분 왠지 그게 고마워서 그게 좋아서 이렇게 가끔 행복한 걸 너를 생각하면 꿈을 꾸게 돼 오늘보다 멋진 내일 좋은 하루를 부탁할게 네가 있어서 그걸로 좋아 나쁜 생각은 다 지우고 외로움은 좀 털어내고 그런 모든게 다 나아질까 정말 안 아픈 내가 되줄까 네가 날 볼때면 온몸은 심장 처럼 두근 대 좋은 신호 일까 그냥 그럴 때가 있어 내 마음속에 네가 사는 기분 왠지 그게 고마워서 그게 좋아서 이렇게 가끔 행복한걸 너를 생각하면 꿈을 꾸게 돼 오늘보다 멋진 내일 좋은 하루를 부탁할게 네가 있어서 그냥 그런날이 있어 내 머릿속이 너로 가득한 날 왠지 그게 신기해서 그게 좋아서 오히려 조금 불안해져 너를 생각하면 꿈을 꾸게 돼 오늘보다 멋진 내일 좋은 하루를 부탁할게 네가 있어서 그걸로 좋아 그걸로 좋아 그걸로 좋아

I really enjoyed this show. There was no super major conflict that is exaggerated and problems could be worked out. The characters grew and could see things more clearly when they managed to let go of their mess. 

I’m glad they concluded with Dayoung clearing up her father’s belongings. It reminds me of the Swedish concept of death cleaning. Leaving a huge mess for your loved ones when you pass will only add on to their burden. With the Konmarie method, I managed to throw out a lot of clothes. I need to purge my things more regularly. If only I could hire someone like Ji Woon to clear out my parents’ house, where my stuff before marriage is still there and my mother’s stuff is everywhere, so that my parents could have a better environment.

@glassextreme you and me, chinggu..I too want a Ji Won to help me with my dad's stuff.. He passed awy 6 years ago but I still have his shaving items in the drawer, his books, files, clothing etc..still intact in their own place..just could not get myself to throw them out. Hence, that part when DY was reminiscing the moments about her dad is something I can relate 100 percent..Just wish I can find the right moment to clear all of them out, just like DY.

Anyway, to all the chinggus here @triplem @USAFarmgirl @meechuttso @stuartjmz @chdom and the rest of you (sorry if I did not named all here), thank you very much for all the wonderful insights. Though I did not write much, reading all of your thoughts made the journey throughout this drama to be memorable..hehehe..this drama can make a person becomes philosophical..chincca..

Just my final thought, I really like the final episode. Not many drama could wrap up with satisfactory ending but this one really meet all the expectations and then some. And yes, we finally have the final kiss!..hehehe..never too late.. @chdom, I also thought I am among the few who thinks JW and DY are meant to be together...hehehe..glad to know I am not alone..I like that the fact at the end, there are no villains but misunderstood people with really bad pasts..so, in the end we dont have to endure bitter moments but we were taught that all we need to do is to learn more about them to really understand why they become like that. And most importantly is to never be afraid to face our demon because the demon might turn out to be not demon at all, but just something we should put away behind us for good for us to move on...

So..hope to see you guys in upcoming dramas..kamsahanida for all the beautiful thoughts..:heart:

It was definitely a good drama... I was a little surprised how SM's relationship with her step-brother was solved. However, I actually liked it because instead of turning him into a real villain, it actually showed how such a  weak young man could hurt a person so much. However, it revealed his real situation: he was not really powerful and gave her a false image of himself. I liked how SM realized her wrong perception about him. Besides, she clearly said that she hadn't forgiven him which was really okay. She was now the one who clearly expressed what she wanted and put boundaries.   

@triplem

Aww~you're sweet:)

Happy Merdeka to you too! It's just another holiday if ya ask me LoL:P

Idk, I feel like I've seen Seok-Jin play this kind of aloof yet with a warm heart character one too many times already:rolleyes: 1% of Anything wasn't all romance, it had a female lead that had a backbone for one thing! I like that she was kind but she didn't like, go along with whatever the male lead told her to. That drama is my go-to when there's nothin' else worth watchin.. 

Yea me too. I was not one of Da-Young/Ji-Woon's shippers. I just didn't feel any chemistry. But out of the 4, Da-Young showed the most growth. 

annyeong!!! i could say that this has been one of the most heartwarming kdramas I've ever watched!!! I just finished the finale now and i was smiling almost the entire episode. can't believe that this drama has come to an end... will definitely miss the cast and the storyline. 

I finally managed to finish this awesome drama and get to see HSJ's passionate kiss! :D

I'm one of very rare few in Soompi who DOESN'T CARE for character development and write thesis about it. B)

DY has all along been a well brought up girl who's mature for her age. She did the right thing to give JW  SH's address. :P

All it takes is JW who brings out THE BEST from her. This is not growth as she'd already has all the innate qualities in her. I did mention earlier that it is her character that make this simple yet sweet drama so realistic and relatable! :wub:

JW & DY compliment each other well and will be a compatible couple. Enough said!:blush:

Archived