[Drama 2018] Your House Helper, 당신의 하우스헬퍼

Go Seung Ji

7 hours ago, alekaonu said:

I'm liking this drama more and more, I enjoy all Dayoung's 3 friends' stories as well. But most of all I fall for Lee Ji Hoon as Kwon Jin Kook. He's so adorable when he's around Sangah. I noticed Go Won Hee since Strongest Deliveryman. I hope one day soon she will be a main lead, her acting is great.

Go Won Hee is awesome. I've only noticed her since Waikiki, and she was hilarious! I feel like she's really killing it in her role, it takes a great actress to make someone that's actually kind of annoying in character that likable. There's been a few times, where I've wanted her to be with Ji Woon :S Putting that aside, I find her romance with Jin Kook adorable. It's great to see Ji Hoon in a main role, he really stood out in School 2013. 

So far I'm still yet to really get adjusted into Ji Woon's and Dayoung's romance. I like how Ji Woon is the representative Fairy God Mother haha and his cleaning 101s, but Dayoung's story arc feels rather flat compared to the other girls.... or maybe I just don't feel the chemistry and it bewilders me since Ha Suk Jin has chemistry with literally everyone lol. 

Anyways it seems that they've put more focus on the interesting cleaning tips, and we're getting deeper into the other female housemates story. I already feel sad for the girl that has a one-sided crush on her gay friend :bawling: , and the girl that's afraid of men..... awwww it was so cute when she met her male junior at the cinema. 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@triplem

I was a little surprised to find out that kim saem’s dad had left them / or was is passed away and so did his mum later on. I’m not sure where I read but I was under the impression he ran away from his chaebol family . I wonder how he met bar Ahjussi.

@bebebisous33 Yes , Klueless Kwon is such an adorable dork. I love how he looked up everything online from what to say to what to wear. I am looking forward to see how he’d react when he finds out the truth about Sang Ah . 

1. I was surprised as well. In the sypnosis, it is written that his father is a congressman and his mother a doctor. Either the sypnosis is wrong or KJW is somehow lying to DY in order to explain why he chose to become a house helper. By turning himself into a orphan from a low social class, no one wonders why he decided to become a house helper. People would consider him crazy if he said that he comes from a wealthy family. 

2. I have the impression that KJK might not be upset that she lied about her actual situation. So far, SA has paid too much attention to appearances and social status, yet KJK doesn't seem to be that kind of person. He was kind with DY, although the latter is not rich. Maybe he will help her to see that all this doesn't matter. She needs to define herself differently. We heard that she loved being in the center of the attention but felt hurt as she was pushed back, when TH appeared in her life. I think, she needs to talk freely to TH.... she will discover that TH never considered her as below her and her way of thinking came from the people she heard at the restroom. TH never considered her as a maid... 

Lol I'm ROFLMAO finding all the familiar friends' names here upon my first visit.

Where did all the Jak-Doo-holics end up, I had wondered, and I should not have been surprised to find you all here.

Afterall, the helpless hapless Han Seung-Joo has been replaced by 4 of her likeness, and while not a Jak-Doo nor a country bumpkin, the worthy male lead sure is hyper-handy.:phew:

I'm going to shout out to @slatgaya to see if this young fellow reminds her too of her late husband perhaps. :kiss_wink:

This is a real well constructed story that tugs at all the right heartstrings. Much to say about it, but later perhaps. Funny how the kdrama seasons have these lulls, then just when you wonder if there's nothing to watch, another torrent of stories hit you so hard we have not enough hours in our day.:expressionless:

I don’t know what’s really going on with the story because the synopsis says differentlt, but I still love Hak Su Jin’s acting here! his facial expressions are really amazing for me (especially contort face saying he is annoyed).  

He notices DY already since the Old man teases him all the time. Hahaha!  Bona’s acting is still like Idol type but I believe she can do it slowly!

The kiss was odd but I know there will be a  purpose of that. HSJ will usually don’t allow skinship or kisses if not yet appropriate for the scene because he cannot act to a “push over scene”. I heard it in one of his interviews if I am not mistaken. 

I sort of had an inkling @bebebisous33 Ga-Ram had a thing for So-Mi the moment she returned the Go cafe Ahjusshi's phone. Oh that's right you're a M'sian too! @triplem I always smile when K-drama characters have Malay-like sounding names LoL. Though I'm sure it carries a different meaning in Korean. 

Surprising to see Ji-Woon & the Ahn Lady to be so good with the kids. 'Cause they both strike me as indifferent? 

Jin-Gook is just the biggest dork. He acts like a virgin or something LoL!? Though he has dated Tae-Hee prior so he's just so green heh. 

I'm guessing Ji-Woon mistook Da-Young for So-Hee in his half-awake state? In any case it's a trope in most K-dramas, get close to a male character while asleep & he might just pull you in for a quick kiss (winkwink) eheh. 

I was surprised coz SM like horror movie. If something bad did happened to her back then, wouldn't that horror thing make her feel nervous or something?

I feel that KJW was a liiittle bit diff in the latest ep. Maybe he decided to make some changes about himself while still waiting for SH.

And KJK, SA must tell to that adorkable man the truth, soon.

I like this drama. I feel relax and light everytime watching it.

I'm back again! How can I not comment on HSJ's drama whatever the ratings. :D

I personally feel that Bona (acting her DY's role well) is suitable as DY and is suitable to be with JW as OTP as SA's character (even the actress) is too glamorous and materialistic for JW! Our JW (his mysterious past and quiet demeanour) is more suitable for DY who to JW is more humble, simple & feminine to him. In his current situation he needs a quiet, shy and FEMININE woman! I've had ENOUGH of over the top ultra female leads in many latest dramas which are unrealistic and not relatable! Some men also LOVE more feminine women. (I love the recent lead character in A Poem A Day too!):lol:

NB: Just need to add that when HSJ is concerned there must always be beer and wine! His office and temporary abode is a bar, he uses soju/alcohol to clean and even includes wine in his recipe! Heeee!:blush:

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I sort of had an inkling @bebebisous33 Ga-Ram had a thing for So-Mi the moment she returned the Go cafe Ahjusshi's phone. Oh that's right you're a M'sian too! @triplem I always smile when K-drama characters have Malay-like sounding names LoL. Though I'm sure it carries a different meaning in Korean. 

Surprising to see Ji-Woon & the Ahn Lady to be so good with the kids. 'Cause they both strike me as indifferent? 

Jin-Gook is just the biggest dork. He acts like a virgin or something LoL!? Though he has dated Tae-Hee prior so he's just so green heh. 

I'm guessing Ji-Woon mistook Da-Young for So-Hee in his half-awake state? In any case it's a trope in most K-dramas, get close to a male character while asleep & he might just pull you in for a quick kiss (winkwink) eheh. 

No, he rejected Tae Hee hence we have to assume that he has never dated before.

@dotonly

K-drama logic my dear! :w00t:

I don't get it either.. I mean in What's wrong with secretary Kim? Young-Joon is terrified of cable ties.. He doesn't go out, get cable ties & have a party y'know LoL? He's traumatised by it.. Maybe So-Mi is able to tune that part out? (the abuse/trauma etc) 

Like I remembered speaking to a housemate I used to know. His sister hates Math but always scores an A in it! Weird I know:lol:

@gladys57

Ahahahaha he actually told the Go Cafe Ahjusshi that the girls are really loud:D He's only taking up on their offer to help & he likes helping out anyway. 

For a materialistic girl like Sang-Ah, I find her quite likable LoL? 

You're right I'm all for girl power but the current trend of strong female characters are intimidating HA:rolleyes::P Yea alcohol's a really good cleaning agent I agree with Ji-Woon on this. It's sort of expensive though LoL? 

43 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

@gladys57 & @USAFarmgirl Yes i think DY character is so relatable.. she's quite simple and seems her father doted on her so much thats why shes so clumsy and not that capable.

@bebebisous33 it seems the synopsis is wrong? His character seems quite straightforward and dont think he like to lies. Or its just that he havent mentioned if his parents are influential people actually.

The pairing seems have a lot of potential JK-DY have some background story & JW-SA also quite intense on the party. Eventhough the official pairing should be JW-DY and JK-SA. SM-GR perhaps the clearest? But even SM seems so caring to JW haha... 

Overall I really like the drama is so refreshing, and bringing a lot of good message too. It reminds me of Marie Kondo cleaning style ( i love the book ) and have a clean & organized house is amazing. Well cute househelper is a big bonus in this drama haha... Ha suk jin is so good in every drama he played and yeah he can have chemistry with everyone surprisingly. 

Btw everyone here so familiar hehe nice to see you all..

JW did lie to DY, when he said that he wasn't hurt. He got burned on his arm and hid it from her. He lied to his friend, when he said that it was nothing. It must have definitely hurt. But he is very secretive too... hence he is always trying to pull a wall between him and the others. 

I believe that DY will play a important part in the relationship between SA and KJK. She knows SA very well hence KJK needs to realize that TH is not SA's best friend but DY. On the other hand, I can feel that SA might help JW and DY as she is the one who has spent a lot of time with both of them.

Done with Ep 5-6.

Aww Mr Jang. When I saw his scenes. I like that in this drama each character is important to the story and to the wisdom and metaphors that Jin Woo is telling us. Plus the side characters are not just side characters. What I appreciate most in this drama is the  simple metaphors for how he cleans the house that  equates to the lives and emotions and actions of each characters.  I try to always high light them.

The  first scenes on Ep 5 in the hospital.  What's with ovulation pain and birth pills for Da Young? is this foretelling something later on. I would have thought it's just she drank an expired milk from Ep 4.

When Jin Woo lost one woman,  but gained 4 ones. He cooks, cleans. looks after, gives advise, he's the protector,  the hyung, the house band, house helper, things he should be doing and could be doing for So Hee.  When he cooked for the four ladies,  and all of them enjoying the noodles he made, he actually smiled a little. But of course it won't erase the fact he's looking for missing So Hee

When they they had the Birthday party for Jin Woo  The four ladies were grateful to him esp DY hence they cooked food all learned from the internet. It felt like Gordon Ramsay Ji Woon judging their cooking. Hehe.  From his experiences with them he's perhaps changing his personality in a way that Tae Soo notices. Though we know they're still looking for

For Hye Joo. Some can relate to what she's going through.  Chul Soo, likes men. it was revealed, though we got hunch in ep 4 already.  She likes him but him likes a him.

For So Mi. Ye know I was kinda wishing for Tae Soo and So Mi.  I always like that character actor. But looks like Ga Ram will crush on her.

For San Ah. She likes  lawyer, lawyer likes her.  Can I make it anymore obvious. Jin Kook is sooo what's word... UWU. aka cute.. and the act of being cute because, they bring the lightness of of the story, where as it's more serious tone when it's Da Young and Jin Woo.

For Da Young. She cannot part with her father's things because it still gives her something to cling onto. The memories, the sentimental values. Ji Woon understand this, that's why he wasn't pushing her. In a way he is the same as her when it concerns. So Hee.  In this drama, they both are going through the same loss.

My favorite part was the Ji Woon cooking dumplings of the family. It is most important to him as that after he's done his house helping duties, not only is the house clean but he leaves a mark of warmth and compassion that will resonate to the families he's helping clean the their house but their lives as well. That throwing  something doesn't mean it's garbage, it's if it's bad and rotten it should not be where someone would get sick and need to be taken out. The little boy's attachment to his father was through making dumplings. I love how Jin Woo explained  everything to the little boy.

For the  cleaning words of wisdom of Ji Woon. It's applicable to him because, but  he still keeps the book  (according to So Hee they make good substitute  to hold boiling pot).  But he can't part with that book or the thing inside his drawer. He still hasn't accept or given up that he will find her. It looks like he doesn't know the reason why she went away ( that's my assumption only) and left him. He needs

"You end up not using things in your drawer. It may seem like you kept it well, but it's as good as lost. Because it gets forgotten like that. If you can't take things out of the drawer, you need to talk to the things. Do they still make me excited? Do you want to keep them in the drawer? If not then you must accept that it's time to part  with them. " Ji Woon, Ep 6

Dil4sogVQAAG6qK.jpg

cr: najat

HSJ is already a CF king in South Korea. After this drama, I'm sure he'll be approached for more CFs especially on househould cleaning products! :D

I love that FOR ONCE, he isn't acting as a chaebol jerk as he was previously well known for being too stereo typed in his drama roles. :blush:

I accidentally watch the 1st episode of this drama and saw Bona and like her since 1979 GG. She represents k-drama fresh look and cute. Of course, she should improve her acting skill, but overall her acting is not too bad. I just get to know Ha Seok Jin here and it is true that he is very handsome which suit his character.

This drama shows dynamic in each character and we can relate to each of them which give us a warm and soothing feeling for each scene and not to forget the cleaning tips! The metaphor through each episode gives us something to ponder as well.

Tbh, too many strong female characters in K-drama lately make it too boring. Dayoung maybe looks timid,  helpless at her workplace but she so lovely and very considerate to others. She doesn't try to look cute but people will fall in love with her same with Ji Woon. Dayoung is the 1st client that Ji Woon has the courage to ask whether she wants his help of course after Mr. Jang pushed him. I remember in early episode Ji Woon narrated the lines that he did not has the guts to ask the client to open the door for him. The client should call him for his service.  Whilst nothing much to say about Sang A and dorky Jin Kok. They make a cute couple. Somi and who? I wonder who will be her couple here and poor Hye Joo with her gay friend. Not to forget i would like to know what is the relationship Tae Soo had with So Hee.

I'll look forward to the story-line and read from Ha Seok Jin interview that this drama will partly deviate from the original but not sure which part it is, perhaps Ji Woon background?

Yeah! It's Wednesday! Cant wait to see Ha Suk Jin again! :lol:

I need to reiterate that for once HSJ 's dressing for this drama isn't outrageous at all! :D

@triplem from that cooking demo cum interview on KBSTV, you can guage his cooking skill! Heeee!:blush:

New k-drama poll around the corner. Click down below to get to the thread to get further explanations. Have fun and enjoy! :D

I just finished watching Episode.7 (13-14) at 4AM in my timezone, and I really to write something about the drama so I came to Soompi forum haha

I feel like this drama is one of very few (and rare) dramas that stands to its label "healing". Every little piece of stories, advices,... are well written, well said. I indeed recharge a lot of energy after watching each episode. This drama shouldn't be binge-watched at one night but with 2 episodes per week as the actual pace is much more better since every lesson in the drama would make you reflect for days. It is also such a bless to wait until Wednesday and Thursday for your mind to be healed, just like going to a spa  :wub:

Nowadays, it seems like (or at least for me) it is easy to feel negative about other people, and to say "I hate human",... But watching this drama makes me wonder are these characters really humans? Or do these characters actually exist in real life? Why are they so lovable but at the same so authentic? They are just imperfectly perfect, really. Everyone has their own stories, own struggles; and I am sure that each of viewers could relate somehow. 

Currently, there are 3 love-lines, and I swear for the first time ever I am interested in 3 couples equally. They are all making me excited and eager to see how they are gonna complement each other little by little. 

As if I don't love this drama enough already, I saw the news that OST Part 3 by Jang Nara will be release at 6PM KST today. This is her first song after 4 years struggling to overcome the fear of singing. Just so excitedddddd hahaha

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGpmfj8nTTtjsJ611AzZsimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_NJOPOfvrNJ-tUtsF5wtd67f44c29b5d46bb9c2649de26ad6615.jpg?x=b

Sometimes we don't realize the power that lies within words...  Even more the power in hearing them...

So many wonderful and inspirational thoughts already shared and beautifully written about the latest episode.  It's hard to add anything at all.  I guess for me it's just the beauty of words that I see.  It's the way in which each story within the story itself is told, expressed and made perfect by it's writer and those whom fill themselves up with those characters and bring them to life...

There has been forgiveness, sorrow, humility,understanding, fear and mystery and there is more to come. Deep cleaning a house is one thing, finding what is needed most by those whom call it home is what makes this drama so wonderfully different.  It's the changes and healing that we get to see and feel and in turn makes each of us reflect on it's meaning and value...

It's not just about broken lives or romances it's about how it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from each person has a story to tell and a life to live.  Although we may all look different this drama is a reality check.  That no matter who you are behind those walls you call home are struggles & fears, loss & sorrows, love & loneliness and precious memories for some nightmares for others.  There is no perfection for every home whether rich or poor has cracks and holes and it's what we all have in common...

I remember hearing once if a home could talk, just think of all it could say...

Your House Helper is worth every cent he is paid and I have a feeling by the end of this drama I will owe him too...

Scratch that, I'm pretty sure I already do...:vicx: LOL:lol:

Archived