[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Mr. Right 我的男神

cherkell

006gRpmhgw1ez8smz1k54j31kw0vvwni_zpsh3ma

(aka "My Male God")

Starring:

006gRpmhjw1ez1jmizvu0j31kw11xnaf_zps2kmc

Ji Chang Wook (池昌旭) as Wang Wei An (王伟岸)

006gRpmhgw1ez1y3yk7q9j31kw11x481_zpsrgov

Wang Xiao Chen as Yang Hai Yi (杨海衣)

006gRpmhgw1ez2iwekhctj30jg0ayq5j_zpst4me

Zhang Dan Feng (张丹峰) as Wei An's older brother

Yin Xi Shui (尹熙水) as Wei An's younger brother

Kenny Bee (Chung Chun To / 锺镇涛) as Wei An's father

Kim Hye Seon as Wei An's mother

Co-Produced by:  Longmeng Entertainment (China) and Lee Kim Productions (Korea)

Directed by:  Gao Xian Ming (高先明)

Filming Begins:  November 2015 - February 2016

Anticipated Air Date:  Spring 2016

Episodes:  30

Broadcaster:  Hunan Television (not confirmed yet)

Official Weibo: "Mr. Right" Official Weibo

Official Baidu:  "Mr. Right" Official Baidu

More details to follow!

Spoiler

zray-fxkhcfq1119848.jpg?w=600

wdns33.jpg?w=900&h=969

wdns44.jpg?w=900&h=1179

wpid-wp-1446994408509.jpeg?w=900

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

M O D  N O T E

As Mr. Right is a Korean-Chinese joint production set to air via Hunan Television, it will be moved to Mainland China.

Thanks @ebullient.  And since "Mr. Right" is a Korean-Chinese joint production, most of the news reports to date have been via the Chinese news portals.  (Since this drama has barely registered on the Korean press side, IMHO it seems they are adopting a 'hands-off policy' with reporting until more is known about the characters and script.  Since Mandarin is not one of the languages I have mastered, this may lead to some delay in translations/transcriptions on this thread.  If anyone would like to volunteer their services, please post a note herein.)

To that end, here's a news snippet released by Xīnwén Update over the weekend discussing the leads and the story premise:

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook attends prayer ceremony for “Mr. Right”

nrqv-fxksqis4871545.jpg?w=600

Ji Chang Wook attended the opening prayer ceremony of the Chinese drama “Mr. Right” (previously translated as “My Male God”) in Shanghai on 15 November.

dua0-fxkszhk0289413.jpg?w=600

According to tradition, a prayer ceremony is often held to pray for success and for production to be completed safely.  Based on photos at the event, it seems like the Chinese title has been changed to “我De男神”, which still means the same thing, except they replaced a Chinese word with the romanized spelling. Why? To make it look cooler?

Ji Chang Wook attended the event with his co-star Wang Xiao Chen (dressed in red) and other cast members including Hong Kong singer-actor Kenny Bee, who will be playing his father. Other members of the cast present at the event included Chinese actor Lu Yong (芦勇), Taiwanese actress Joy Pan Yi Jun (潘仪君) and Chinese actress Zang Hong Na (臧洪娜).

mfng-fxkszhk0289401.jpg?w=600

Continue reading http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/11/16/drama-ji-chang-wook-attends-prayer-ceremony-for-mr-right/

The images in the spoiler tag are the BTS pics. Don't click it if you don't want to know further about the drama filming. Well, he looks so handsome in a chaebol image. :wub::wub:

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

11820665_927286674030983_1140046029_n.jp

12256802_1189597597721117_507198322_n.jp

11910458_1809598335933511_512061958_n.jp

12139707_1018830834826411_1326153409_n.j

CR.蒴儿 , Dazzy, julyjuju95,  Americano-ShaoShao, jcw.sadi

1901157_1663907943827120_743065060908704

cred: JasonWandere@weibo

They look good together. It's just that she is too touchy with him. Well, If I were here, maybe I would do the same. LOL 

More pics from filming site

CUAS4R_UcAIlj4b.jpg:large

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

on Nov 17 with a bunch of scripts! 

11313583_550583821755376_1273953733_n.jp

12139591_555804414572775_1616703794_n.jp

11351996_1486042101701060_1316539323_n.j

cred: ForeverLove-Jcw小池塘 

• 3 weeks later...

@cherkell, Hi and thank you for starting the thread....   :)

Waving to familiar faces,  @nploan, @kanyaprasetyo, @40somethingahjumma, and hello to everyone else here.. hi-hand.gif

May I suggest that we all fill in sub requests for this drama, to the powers that be? I am guessing many of you may know Chinese, but lets have it subbed for the rest of us. (if we can)

I can see on a Chinese article they give the Chinese title as 我的男神     Is that correct?

(http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2015-11-04/doc-ifxkhcfq1120058.shtml)

May I suggest we send the requests for   Mr. Right aka My Male God - 我的男神
We can always change it if the title changes.

1.  Viki

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

2. DramaFever

http://support.dramafever.com/customer/portal/articles/1004560-how-can-i-request-a-series

14 hours ago, irilight said:

May I suggest we send the requests for   Mr. Right aka My Male God - 我的男神
We can always change it if the title changes.

The production company is marketing the show as "我de男神" for some unknown reason (probably to sound "hip" with the younger audience that they're targeting), so use that (and the pinyin Wǒ de nán shén) in any requests for licensing and/or subbing.  "Mr. Right" has been chosen as the English title, so at least that's good to go.

2 hours ago, cherkell said:

The production company is marketing the show as "我de男神" for some unknown reason (probably to sound "hip" with the younger audience that they're targeting), so use that (and the pinyin Wǒ de nán shén) in any requests for licensing and/or subbing.  "Mr. Right" has been chosen as the English title, so at least that's good to go.

@cherkell, Thank you very much.  Will do...

31 minutes ago, irilight said:
3 hours ago, cherkell said:

@cherkell, Thank you very much.  Will do...

May i join you guys?

Hope someone will sub this drama...

OTP looks cool together :wub:

@zagigirl !  So happy to see you here, chingu....  hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

Maybe @jadecloud, @valsava, @suchadiva42 @evie7 would like to join us too...

By the way I loved Ji Chang Wook singing in Mandarin. (and I do not speak or understand that language)

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/12/08/ji-chang-wooks-chinese-album-impresses-with-his-singing-in-heartfelt-excellent-mandarin/

3 minutes ago, irilight said:

@zagigirl !  So happy to see you here, chingu....  hello-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

Maybe @jadecloud, @valsava, @suchadiva42 @evie7 would like to join us too...

By the way I loved Ji Chang Wook singing in Mandarin. (and I do not speak or understand that language)

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/12/08/ji-chang-wooks-chinese-album-impresses-with-his-singing-in-heartfelt-excellent-mandarin/

wavey.gif chingu :)

Same with language :(...thats why i like to watch finished dramas...to impatient to wait for subbed eps...we'll see how will be here

Anyway...spring seems so far away now right? ;)

And whats with CJW army story? He'll join later in 2016?

5 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Same with language :(...thats why i like to watch finished dramas...to impatient to wait for subbed eps...we'll see how will be here

Anyway...spring seems so far away now right? ;)

And whats with CJW army story? He'll join later in 2016?

It's too soon to opine on that, and since said subject has nothing to do with the drama discussed here, we've discussed Wook's upcoming military service and his recent album release (and other personal items) in his individual Soompi thread here.

And I forgot who it was that asked if "Mr. Right" will be dubbed, but you can bet the farm that Wook's voice will be dubbed in post-production (except for the parts where he will need to speak in Korean according to the script).

Did anyone happen to grab any of the on-set pictures that Wang Xiao Chen posted on her Weibo before they were removed?  Would have been nice to see output from the other actors on this production.  *hmpf*

Now hopefully my local station KTSF will air this live, as they do other Hunan Television productions!  :D

Hello everyone :) *waves*

@irilight Hello chingu! Thanks for the shout out! I have no idea this drama was coming on! I'm in it for JCW. Not familiar with the female WXC. However, they do look cute as a couple. Of course, not as cute as JCW with PMY. Ahhh....still dreaming of H-drama...keke

@cherkell Thanks for starting this thread. Interesting drama, for sure! Btw, I will engsub some of the vids as we go along, whenever I can.

Incidentally. the title of the drama - Male God - is a very common lingo for handsome, famous and hunky male leads that's being used in China and adopted worldwide by news channels. This started quite recently. I think less than a handful of years. In contrast, the female equivalent is termed '(Female) Goddess'. 

About the exact term for the title,  "我de男神" vs "我的男神", I think in print and in news reportage, the latter is seen to be the term used. But for promo purposes by the production team (for eg. the banner during promo), the former is used, as in mandarin chinese words mingled with hanyu pinyu term (de = the), cos that seemingly is hipper than just using  我的男神. IMO :PI guess the primary target audience is the young and the hip, and tech-savvy (prob late 10s, 20s and 30s), and the young-at-heart and the young-and-hip-at-heart(30s-50s and more, and so on). I believe either format is acceptable and recognizable as the title for this drama, if used in the drama's context.

Btw, the synopsis in brief is :The romantic love story of a small town ruffian & a lonely rich businessman's daughter. (CR: Baidu Baike)

Photo(CR: Baidu Baike)

Some info on female lead WXC...

1. Tough Road To Fame

2. Road To Fame - including Plastic Surgery.

Spoiler

Archived