Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] Romantic Comedy King / Absolute Boyfriend, 절대 그이 [Zettai Kareshi Adaptation]

Yeo Jin Goo, Minah, And Hong Jong Hyun Share Why They Chose To Star In “Absolute Boyfriend” + PD Explains How Korean Remake Will Differ From Original Show

Yeo Jin Goo, Minah, And Hong Jong Hyun Share Why They Chose To Star In “Absolute Boyfriend” + PD Explains How Korean Remake Will Differ From Original Show

May 15, 2019
by Y. Shin

SBS’s upcoming drama “Absolute Boyfriend” is coming soon!

On May 15, a press conference was held in Seoul for the new Wednesday-Thursday drama with actors Yeo Jin Goo, Girl’s Day’s Minah, Hong Jong Hyun, Choi Sung Won, Hong Seo Young, and producing director (PD) Jung Jung Hwa in attendance.

“Absolute Boyfriend” is a new “romantic melodrama disguised as science fiction,” based on the popular Japanese manga series of the same name. The romantic comedy will tell the story of Uhm Da Da (played by Girl’s Day’s Minah), a special effects makeup artist who has grown cold-hearted after being wounded by love, and Zero-Nine (played by Yeo Jin Goo), a humanoid robot built to become the ideal boyfriend. Hong Jong Hyun will be playing the role of Ma Wang Joon, South Korea’s top star who seems prickly on the outside but is actually a soft person on the inside.

During the event, Jung Jung Hwa explained, “Our drama is about the process of how Uhm Da Da, who is hurt by Ma Wang Joon, opens her heart with the help of a humanoid called Zero-Nine. Unlike other recent romantic comedies, we’re dealing with innocent and pure love. These days, love and relationships are often connected with words like ‘push-and-pull’ or ‘tsundere’ [someone who is cold, but gradually warms up to others], but I thought that the essence of love was actively expressing one’s love. I planned a drama that people can enjoy and ponder about the essence of love through the humanoid Zero-Nine.”

After the director’s explanation, Yeo Jin Goo also stated, “After looking at the characters of this drama, I think this show is about the pure and unconditional love that hasn’t been dealt with in the romantic comedies I’ve seen in recent years. I think many viewers will be able to enjoy watching [the show]. I joined the [show] because I was curious about what changes will occur as the pure emotions approaching Da Da intertwine with complex human emotions.”

Minah added, “I think Zero-Nine’s innocent and warm love helped console my heart. That’s why I decided to appear in the drama.”

Hong Jong Hyun stated, “I previously appeared in a historical film [“The King Loves“], so I felt a thirst for modern dramas. At just the right time, the role of Wang Joon came to me. In Wang Joon’s relationship with Da Da, he begins to feel, change, and regrets things, and I liked that he changes as a person, so that’s why I chose [to appear the drama].”

Credits: https://www.soompi.com/article/1324731wpp/yeo-jin-goo-minah-and-hong-jong-hyun-share-why-they-chose-to-star-in-absolute-boyfriend-pd-explains-how-korean-remake-will-differ-from-original-show

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hong Jong Hyun always handsome and charming :kiss_wink: love his appearance in this drama. Ahhhhhh my love I love you to the moon and back :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'm all in basically for the Zero Nine's dramaland over the top clishe mushy lines and how he delivers them,cracks me up soooo damn much("if u make my gf  suffer i'll destroy u etc"):joy:  I bet Yeo Jingoo had a blast with the script and keeping a serious face while saying them...(those lines out of a makjang drama are stellar)They need to add the envelope and water/juice as well...

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

I completely enjoyed the first two hours . I hv never watched the original / adaptations , so I have nothing to compare with .

Yeo Jin Goo is a delight to watch, each time he called her yeojachingu & gave his wide toothy smile , I cracked up  . I loved him in his dual role in the Crowned Clown but it’s amazing how you don’t see traces of that here . Here he’s just so darn cute - I think I need an Absolute BF myself :mrgreen:

While I look forward to how this robot - human “romance”  will develop, he’s still not human at the end of the day . So I am actually very curious to see the changes to Wang Joon.. yep he’s a most typical jerk here but I think Zero Nine will be the catalyst to his character redemption, and funnily @Sejabin ( for now )  I hope he & DaDa reconciles ( granted he gets proper character growth ) 

The double fan service by both YJG & HJH is most welcomed . Keep them coming ! 

@Ameera Ali @ktcjdrama this is the thread .

Edited by triplem
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

pi-Zap-1558264739225.jpg

This is my 1st time write a comment on this thread. I have retired writing a recap for my Fav Actor but my brain couldn't stop working so I think I really should writing it. Hehehe....It's my 1st time writing a first impression so this is my short ones about My Absolute Boyfriend.

I couldn't finish reading ABF's manga nor watching Taiwanese's version coz don't like the female lead character. But I could watch the Japanese version until the end. So I think I could understand the concept of the story.

N I'm so happy that in Korean's version there are many things have been changed.

1.  1st of All, I like that they make Da-da as a likeable lead female. hehe...It's so important for me. She is a woman who has an interesting job. (I think it's the 1st time they using Special Effects Make Up artist as the LF's job. Correct me if I'm wrong)...n she's the Team Leader. 
I like that Da-da isn't the one who order the Humanoid due her needs to have a boyfriend n coz of her job, the changing of the box is understandable.
I like that Young Goo calls her as Yeoja Chingu" instead her name so there is a scene that we're really looking forward. A scene when he calls her with her own name.  Da-da.....
N coz of her job, we could see Young Goo with many interesting costumes. Hahaha....

2. I like they use Young Goo instead Night to be his name. It's like to honour Jin Goo. Hehe..n the scene when Nam Bo Won describe Young Go's features. :wub::D...He has manly features but I think I can say that his lips is so pretty. :D:D Some lines are so chessy but I think it's good for him to experience this kind of role. :kiss_wink:

3. I like that they give us a background story about Young Goo....how he learn about love n became an Ideal Boyfriend. N LMAO at Number One aka Nam Bo Won who likes to show him weird videos. Hahaha....n I like that we could see the relationship between both of them. Not just a Robot Maker n the Robot without any kind of feelings. 

4. I like at the beginning, Da-da had a love relationship with Wang Jun n she's the one who broke it off. N tho it make her insecure about love. 

These are quote's from 2 (4) eps & so looking forward for more to comes.

"Love isn't just about giving. It's give and take."

So when WJ is no longer giving her the reason  to trust. It's no longer a Love ...it's like Y9 said...

"Love doesn't change. Love is everlasting".

"Things become precious not because of what they’re  worth but because of the memory they hold.”

N The Ring that WJ gave to Da-da is no longer a precious thing.

These are many interesting scenes but I chose for 9 expressions from our Young 9...divided into:

4 Smiles..

pi-Zap-1558265707397.jpg

# The Smile that didn't work for Da-da....it's so funny especially coz the smile she has was for the Bus. Hahaha...

# The Smile that made Da-da couldn't control her car. Plus the wink...its so understandable. Hahaha..

# The Smile that made Da-da so scare to be in a room with him. Hahaha..

# The Smile that made Da-da uncomfortable n made her should make an excuse. Hahaha..

5 Sadness

pi-Zap-1558267136426.jpg

# The Sadness coz his likeability test couldn't have perfect.

# The Sadness coz the girlfriend run away instead welcome him.

# The Sadness coz Da-da afraid of him.

# The Sadness coz Da-da angry with him.

# The Sadness coz Da-da is no longer believe in Love.

N these are my 5 FAV Moments.

1. Da-da -The Anti Machine

Spoiler

pi-Zap-1558269728488.jpg

I think Y9 drop from the case coz of her touch. N then Y9 is alive n coz he's a very high tech n just like the manual, even when Da-da touch him. Nothing happened. So, looking forward what will happen when Y9 starting to feel like human. 

2. Catch the Mosquito.

Spoiler

pi-Zap-1558267922339.jpg

Did Y9 really catch the mosquito? Or he started to feel humanism? He doesn't like WJ's attitude on the drama. So he punch him (the screen).

3. B'Day

Spoiler

pi-Zap-1558267739759.jpg

I would like to see another b'day scene when he could do the right thing with the candle. Hahaha...and Da-da make the dolls of Y9 with his costumes. Hahaha....

4. Cover My Self.

Spoiler

pi-Zap-1558268670507.jpg

LMAO....this is the most funny scene. He doesn't understand that his body exposed could make her uncomfortable. Hahaha....:w00t::w00t:

5. Dating Companion

Spoiler

pi-Zap-1558269307009.jpg

OMG...I couldn't help to laugh when watch this scene. With the cheesy BGM ...LOL...N his gaze on this scene...Ohhhhh, I've never seen Jin Goo with that kind of expression. Wonder how many NGs they made for this scene. :lol: So, it's good that he chose this genre. He is still young n poor him if he should do only heavy drama. N for the chemistry I love it. :love:

I'm so looking forward to get many cute, funny, fluttering moments. So, let's just enjoy this drama n starting the journey to find out .....
Spoiler

pi-Zap-1558267820994.jpg

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 7
  • Love 5

On 5/18/2019 at 2:22 PM, greezlybee said:

All I can think about watching AB is: His name is Wang Yo!! not Wang Joon!! (still can't get over Scarlet Heart Moonlovers) ><

I object, his name is Wang Rin, my Wang Rin :love::love:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

On 5/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, Juni Asat said:

I object, his name is Wang Rin, my Wang Rin :love::love:

Surely the name Wang suits him very much. HJH is born to be a king y'all! 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I think the reason why WJ broke up with Dada is because of some crazy fans had threatens the safety of DD so he think she'll be safer without him :bawling::bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Hi everyone! I'm still waiting for subs.. although I have seen clips on Instagram. Any news with the rating? Looks like this drama has tough competition.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ell4u said:

Hi everyone! I'm still waiting for subs.. although I have seen clips on Instagram. Any news with the rating? Looks like this drama has tough competition.

1. Angel’s Last Mission Love (KBS2)

• Episode 1 — 7.3%
  • Episode 2 — 9.2%

2. One Spring Night (MBC)

• Episode 1 — 3.9%
  • Episode 2 — 6.0%

3. Absolute Boyfriend (SBS)

• Episode 5 — 2.6%
  • Episode 6 — 3.0%
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

My favourite actor (hjh) and actress (Beautiful gong shim)back again , so I'm  very happy. 

I can see Team RinSan here .

Finally he's back with interesting character again . Ma Wang joon I'm falling for him more and more and love him so much . 

Only Hoping for same ending as in real story .

60279844_446345779268816_487654365907880

60543511_451377592278533_452980728710409

59505325_908787359467308_254114734557508

Watching yeo jin goo in this drama feel like watching Reunited worlds again .

TEAM WJ ❤ DD

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

This was so good ! I screamed ...his conclusion about her after researching what she likes ...mine too :tounge_xd:

Tonight’s preview: 

@RPM hello dear !! I am actually hoping for good redemption for MWJ . I enjoy ogling at our robot no doubt , but he ain’t human . There’s really a lot of potential here for a WJ - DD reconciliation! 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

The apron scene happened... so hilarious, because when DD asked him to leave her room and he turned, she was shocked he is totally naked under the apron :joy:

The last scene of the episode was sad for me. Clearly the two still have feelings for each other... I think I'm on Team WJ-DD too... but whenever 0.9 flashed his smile, I just melted... maybe I'm on Team 0.9-DD.... ??? :huh::blink: Arrghhh......

I'm scared at the thought of 0.9 going to be delivered to that psycho chaebol girl... Hyung, please protect 0.9 at all cost... Although I'm guessing he would definitely get delivered there somehow. That girl is scary!! She is obviously a lunatic....:crazy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4