Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] Romantic Comedy King / Absolute Boyfriend, 절대 그이 [Zettai Kareshi Adaptation]

36 minutes ago, Juni Asat said:

Sorry, this content is not available in your region , W*F :cry::cry:

Sorry to hear that...

Then you can watch the teasers at Viki's Youtube channel too at least :)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 6:28 AM, marykarmelina said:

Sorry to hear that...

Then you can watch the teasers at Viki's Youtube channel too at least :)

Video Unavailable too :bawling::bawling:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Sad 2

Girl’s Day’s Minah Experiences Unfair Humiliation In Stills For “Absolute Boyfriend”

Girl’s Day’s Minah Experiences Unfair Humiliation In Stills For “Absolute Boyfriend”

May 8, 2019
by M. Dang

Absolute Boyfriend” has released intriguing stills of Girl’s Day’s Minah!

The drama follows the romance between a woman with a cold heart and a humanoid robot that is programmed to love.

Minah plays the role of Uhm Da Da, who leads a team of special effects makeup artists in place of her deceased father. She is a tough and righteous heroine who protects her team members and is not afraid to speak her mind.

In the images, Minah is shown being grabbed by the collar by a man and facing humiliation in front of dozens of staff members. The man yells at her and accuses her of acting up, but she fights her tears and holds them back despite the unfair situation.

On this day of filming, Minah entered the set with a smile and cheered on the staff and fellow actors. When shooting the intense scene shown in the photos, she prepared by consulting with her costar on how to achieve the action most comfortably. As soon as it was her cue, Minahswitched from her cheerful disposition to the wronged expression of Uhm Da Da to make for an immersive scene.

The drama’s producers stated, “Minah has perfected her portrayal of the cool and diligent female lead Uhm Da Da through her passionate acting. Please look forward to the story and romance that will unfold for this charming and complex character.”

Absolute Boyfriend” airs on May 15 and will be available on Viki!

• Like 1

Watch: Minah And Yeo Jin Goo Adorably Goof Off In Making Video For “Absolute Boyfriend”

Watch: Minah And Yeo Jin Goo Adorably Goof Off In Making Video For “Absolute Boyfriend”

May 8, 2019
by S. Nam

SBS has released an adorable making video featuring Girl’s Day’s Minah and Yeo Jin Goo for the upcoming drama “Absolute Boyfriend”!

Based on the popular Japanese manga series of the same name, “Absolute Boyfriend” is a romantic comedy that tells the story of Uhm Da Da (played by Girl’s Day’s Minah), a special effects makeup artist who has never had much success with love, and Zero-Nine (Yeo Jin Goo), a humanoid robot built to become the ideal boyfriend.

The making video starts off with Minah and Yeo Jin Goo practicing their lines and playfully having fun on set. Minah jokingly hits Yeo Jin Goo to which Yeo Jin Goo says to the camera, “Everyone, did you see that?” Minah belatedly realizes that the camera was filming and says, “Ah, why are you filming something like this?” and proceeds to try to destroy the evidence by saying brand names that can’t be broadcast.

The camera is turned over to Minah, who films while saying, “This is Bang Minah, today’s reporter. Today, we’ll have close-up coverage of Yeo Jin Goo.” Minah films a close-up of Yeo Jin Goo eating ice cream, but despite the evidence, Yeo Jin Goo pretends not to notice and says, “Who ate all the ice cream?” He also jokingly complains, “If you’re going to film, you should film it prettily.”

Minah proceeds to interview Yeo Jin Goo, asking, “Which part of your body do you think is the most charming? I’ll zoom in on it.” Yeo Jin Goo responds that it’s his nose, and he pretends to answer the interview question as his nose saying, “Hello, I’m Yeo Jin Goo’s nose. It’s nice to meet you.”

After the interview, the two are shown having an adorable time with Minah complimenting Yeo Jin Goo’s character saying, “Zero-Nine is very nice.” In response, Yeo Jin Goo happily massages Minah’s shoulder. The making video comes to an end after showing Minah and Yeo Jin Goo filming the adorable lovey-dovey scenes with a bright mood on set.

“Absolute Boyfriend” will premiere on May 15 at 10 p.m. KST and will also be available on Viki with English subtitles!

Watch the full making video below!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Posted (edited)

Minah And Hong Jong Hyun Share A Warm Embrace In A World Of Their Own For “Absolute Boyfriend”

May 10, 2019
by S. Nam

New stills from SBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Absolute Boyfriend” show Minahand Hong Jong Hyun in a loving embrace!

“Absolute Boyfriend” is about Uhm Da Da (played by Minah), whose heart is closed off due to wounds from love, and the romance that occurs when she meets Zero-Nine (played by Yeo Jin Goo), a humanoid robot built to be the perfect boyfriend.

Minah will be playing the “analog” personality Uhm Da Da, a talented special effects makeup artist who strongly leads her team instead of her late father, and Hong Jong Hyun will be playing the role of Ma Wang Joon, South Korea’s top star who seems prickly on the outside but is actually a soft person on the inside.

In the new stills, Minah and Hong Jong Hyun have been spotted on a “sweet secret date” as the two are shown comfortably enjoying a space of their own. The pair lean into each other on the sofa and simply share time together. Uhm Da Da pinches Ma Wang Joon’s cheeks lovingly, and Ma Wang Joon casually lays next to her while reading his script as if he’s used to it, and the lovely couple also share a back hug. Viewers are curious to discover what secrets they’re hiding and what relationship the two characters who are sharing real chemistry will have.

Absolute-Boyfriend1.jpg

Minah and Hong Jong Hyun filmed the scene in the city of Paju in Gyeonggi province. The two entered the set with laughter and prepared for rehearsal by sharing their concerns about filming. In particular, they analyzed their characters’ actions, shared their characters’ emotions, and completely immersed themselves into their roles.

During the actual filming, Minah and Hong Jong Hyun discussed in detail with the director about the scene so that they could create a perfect shot of their characters sharing a comfortable and beautiful memory together. With Minah’s thoughtful consideration and Hong Jong Hyun’s smile, the sweet “secretive home date scene” was completed.

The production staff shared, “With six days till the first broadcast, ‘Absolute Boyfriend’ is an unpredictable ‘spectacle love story’ that doesn’t seem out of the ordinary but actually has many hidden secrets. Please look forward to finding out the story behind the strange atmosphere between Korea’s big star and the manager of the special effects makeup team.”

Credits: https://www.soompi.com/article/1323465wpp/minah-and-hong-jong-hyun-share-a-warm-embrace-in-a-world-of-their-own-for-absolute-boyfriend

Absolute Boyfriend/ My Absolute Boyfriend - Main Poster

D6LCMXuUcAAPZ3k.jpg

Credits: https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=girlsday&no=2391149

Edited by jeilopes
I put the article from Soompi
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

i honestly can't wait to watch this drama already..

tumblr_prgdjebEWK1u89bdco1_400.gif

have been a big fan of YJG since forever! looking forward to see the chemistry between the main leads and how the story will unfold....

but honestly i'm also excited to see the chemistry between the second-lead and the girl too.. HJH honestly looking smokin' hot in the preview..and the Stills.... :wub:

• Like 6

This looks really fun! I just wish I weren't already watching 4 dramas. If I take this on too, it will be the most I've ever watched at once. I will need a notebook to keep track! :P

• Like 2

I wasn’t actually interested in this drama despite liking YJG and Mina because I don’t really like romcoms that much but the teaser that I watched really peaked my interest. I can’t wait until it comes out now, hopefully it’ll be good!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Juni Asat said:

have anyone see the first episode last night??

Yep, and it was not good. I know that it's a manga adaptation, a rom com + fantasy/sci fi genre... but the scrip feels empty-headed and cringe worthy, the charactes are cartoon-like ...

I like rom coms, but it is a pity that rom coms are reduced to a poorly recycled bunch of nonsense. Even if it is an adaptation, writers can have a little bit of freedom (for the plot and characters), but this was very, very disappointing like, I know it's fantasy romcom, but that doesn't mean you have to make it dumb...

• Sad 1

@cafe99 that is too bad to know.. I was looking forward to it because of Hong Jong Hyun..I'll give it a try once the subs are out. Any feedback regarding the ratings?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2019 at 10:32 AM, ell4u said:

@cafe99 that is too bad to know.. I was looking forward to it because of Hong Jong Hyun..I'll give it a try once the subs are out. Any feedback regarding the ratings?

the subbed one is out, just watched it on ....and I quite like it, but maybe because I also love the manga and having Hong Jong Hyun in it as an extra bonus :D:D

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t mention illegal links . Thanks
  • Like 1

I wonder how Yu-Ra feels about her "husband" bein' co-stars with Mi-Na?! :w00t:

This drama come off like a mish mash of other films? Idk the element of manufacturing A.I for profit seem awfully familiar.. On the other, Jin-Goo look HOT:wub: his body is ripped YO. 

There's been a drought in k-drama land lately<_< with most offering lackluster plot lines.. I was actually contemplating on dropping this but will watch a bit more to decide-_-

• Like 1

I just watched the first ep...and contrary to some..I really like it! Its an easy watch and though its just the 1st ep, the leads did great in their acting. I'm a fan of Hong Jong Hyun,  and am just glad that he is portraying a role completely opposite of his other ongoing drama. I am also glad that the female lead's acting is not over the top..i am also surprised how yeo jin goo' s abs have developed that good..i remember him as taking the younger version of the lead actors in sagueks and other dramas..now he has grown so manly..i hope others would come visit this thread to make it more lively..

• Like 5

When your bias shows up in a cameo (playing himself :lol: on TV :o) - probably due to his ties with PD and writer. :D

Ratings rise for 2nd ep.  First ep was competing against finale of Dr Prisoner so understandably lower.

Ratings 190516:

#TheBanker: 5.4% | 7%

#MyAbsoluteBoyfriend : 3.1% | 3.5%

#HerPrivateLife : 2.8%

#SaveMe2 : 1.9%

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

The guy who trained 09 is Nam Bo Won... Cracked me up so much :w00t:

The other version I watched was a TW one with Jiro Wang as the robot - he looked like a pop idol. Whereas Yoo Jin Goo’s version looks like one you can bring home to meet Dad n Mom. Gives puppy dog eyes when denied favours...gahhh, kills me. Heh.

I love the first two eps! Everything’s set up for a rom-com that I would enjoy. Fingers crossed that the rest of the show would as much fun.

• Like 5