Quantcast
Jillia

[Current Drama 2019] Romantic Comedy King / Absolute Boyfriend, 절대 그이 [Zettai Kareshi Adaptation] - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

SBS Presents

Romantic Comedy King

KakaoTalk_20190513_201049301.jpg?type=w9

Korean title: 절대 그이

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Episodes: 40 (2 back to back episode)

Broadcast Network: SBS

Airtime: Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST

Runtime: May 15th, 2019 -

Official Website: HERE

Director: Jung Jung Hwa (previous works: Flower Boy Next Door, Bel Ami etc.)

Writer: Yuu Watase (Manga), Yang Hyuk Moon (Screenplay - previous work: Secret Healer)

Watch on: Viki

Synopsis

Da-Da works as a special effects make-up artist. Due to a scar of love, she has a cold heart. She has a humanoid robot Young-Goo programmed to be the perfect boyfriend to her. Popular actor Ma Wang-Joon  appears in front of her and he has feelings for her. Da-Da gets involved in a love triangle with Young-Goo and Ma Wang-Joon. (Asianwiki)

Based on manga series "Zettai Kareshi" by Yuu Watase (published from 2003 to 2004 in Shojo Manga magazine Shojo Comic).

Related :

Zettai Kareshi Live Action

Cast & Characters

Yeo Jin Goo as Young Goo

7962765414c0a6462c5f45113996aa90e3431347

Minah as Uhm Dada

5687000788e902c43ad95ff75d51e52d4e8d4a89

Hong Jung Hyun as Ma Wang Joon

49935133544d690a3813d0ce873fd909e539332a

Hong Seo Young as Diana

56414417775cd7c1c75d0f9b4ab79fcd30be1f43
Cha Jung Won as TBA

Ha Jae Sook as Yeo Woong

Gong Jung Hwan as Go Ji Seok

Character Chart:

WE50195736_ori.jpg

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToCfWpF7URs

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, Youtube, etc.. should be reported to their respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  Viki, Viu,Dramafever, ) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Chun Jung-myung cast as second lead in Romantic Comedy King

chun-jung-myung-e1521155660582.jpg?w=500
Date: March 16, 2018 Author: grumpyahjumma

The cast of the Korean adaptation of Absolute Boyfriend is slowly shaping up. Chun Jung-myung (Master of Revenge) has now been confirmed to join the OCN drama as the second male lead. The remake will be titled Romantic Comedy King.

Song Ji-hyo (My Wife is Having an Affair this Week) signed on to star as the heroine who will fall in love with an android programmed to be her boyfriend.

Chun Jung-myung will appear as the popular actor Ma Wang-Joon who loves Song Ji-hyo’s character Da-da.

The drama is based on manga “Zettai Kareshi” by Yuu Watase, or better known as “Absolute Boyfriend” in previous drama adaptations.

OCN looks to air the drama during the first half of this year on their Mondays and Tuesdays slot.

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/03/16/chun-jung-myung-cast-as-second-lead-in-romantic-comedy-king/

• Like 7

I just saw the confirmaton of my beauty queen Song Ji Hyo accepting the offer, with her in i'm definitely in for the ride, can't wait, the plot was already very interesting, and with her in this is a MUST watch

• Like 3

I wonder which actor will be casted as the perfect boyfriend "Robot" wish they atleast announced who they had in mind for the role, that way they could also see the publics reaction to it :) what do you guys think? who do you guys want to see play the perfect boyfriend?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, songjihyofan said:
cr. Arirang World Facebook

This video, even if it doesn't contain any news, it's soo nice to get any update about this drama, guess they are still in the process of selecting and hiring actors to the different roles!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

It's taking awhile for them to announce who'll be portraying the robot, the wait better be worth it. I just want a good actor, not asking for much else.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, KDIK said:

It's taking awhile for them to announce who'll be portraying the robot, the wait better be worth it. I just want a good actor, not asking for much else.

yes i was thinking the same thing a few days ago, it's taking them awahile to announce who the male lead will be, i'm super excited about who they will announce

• Like 2

I'm dying to find out who the second lead is!!!! I hope it's someone who has the complete opposite charm of Chun Jung Myung.  Someone really dashing and sharp looking. I'm picturing someone like Park Hae Jin, but he's already set to be in a drama this year unfortunately. I like CJM a lot, so I just hope whoever they cast is just as appealing as him, if not more. Who do you guys want to see??? Also, is everyone sure that CJM is the second lead? I know that the robot is supposed to be the main lead, but I wonder if they're changing the storyline a bit? I just think that it's weird that they cast the main female lead and the second male lead without knowing the main male lead first. I also don't know if CJM would play a second lead, considering how well known he is, but then again, Lee Dong Wook was a second lead in Goblin, and he's no schmoe. If CJM is the second lead, I can't wait to find out the main lead. He's got to be pretty well known then! 

Also, does anyone have an idea on when the drama is actually going to come out? I was looking at the OCN wiki page, and it says that the current drama in the same time slot as this drama is supposed to end on April 24th. I'm curious as to whether or not Rom Com King is the one right after the current one airing or if it's the one after that one. I hope it's the one that's going to premiere at the end of April! If not, we'll have to wait another two months, so like June..... 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

I'm dying to find out who the second lead is!!!! I hope it's someone who has the complete opposite charm of Chun Jung Myung.  Someone really dashing and sharp looking. I'm picturing someone like Park Hae Jin, but he's already set to be in a drama this year unfortunately. I like CJM a lot, so I just hope whoever they cast is just as appealing as him, if not more. Who do you guys want to see??? Also, is everyone sure that CJM is the second lead? I know that the robot is supposed to be the main lead, but I wonder if they're changing the storyline a bit? I just think that it's weird that they cast the main female lead and the second male lead without knowing the main male lead first. I also don't know if CJM would play a second lead, considering how well known he is, but then again, Lee Dong Wook was a second lead in Goblin, and he's no schmoe. If CJM is the second lead, I can't wait to find out the main lead. He's got to be pretty well known then! 

Also, does anyone have an idea on when the drama is actually going to come out? I was looking at the OCN wiki page, and it says that the current drama in the same time slot as this drama is supposed to end on April 24th. I'm curious as to whether or not Rom Com King is the one right after the current one airing or if it's the one after that one. I hope it's the one that's going to premiere at the end of April! If not, we'll have to wait another two months, so like June..... 

Yes I am also dying to know who the male lead will be, I saw an article that said CJM was cast as the second male lead, so the main lead has not been cast yet, I would love to see Song Ji Hyo and Jo In Sung reunite in a drama, So Ji Sub would also be an interesting pairing, Park hae Jin would also be an option, i'm not too familiar with alot of korean actors so dunno, who would you like to see Song Ji Hyo be paired with?

• Like 2

I don't know what the plan is when it comes to this drama airing, I suspect it'll be after not the current one but the drama that will follow that. I only say this because as of right now SJH schedule is really packed, she's promoting "What a Man Wants" filming both RM & her new beauty program (I'm not even taking into account her endorsement shoots etc).

The robot is the main lead but CJM has a great role too, as for who I'd like to see I mean it'd be great if we got someone like Jo In Sung (I'd love for a reunion) since the robot has to be someone who is sculptured to perfection, essentially an ideal man and he fits that description but I don't see that happening. I personally would like an actor who is around the same age as CJM & SJH, so idols are 100% out for me lol.

• Like 3

i have just starting watching Misty and I think the male lead in it, Ji Jin Hee another interesting choice for the robot perfect boyfriend role, despite being quite older then Song Ji Hyo, but he is damn handsome and an amazing actor, and that's what's count,  he and Song JI Hyo would make such a killer visual couple, i would be thrilled to see them pair up! Go Soo would also make a fine choice for the perfect boyfriend robot role :)

What do you guys think about this?

• Like 1

I actually like Ji Jin Hee (he was hilarious in RM, and he is handsome!!!) and Go Soo (since they've already been in a drama together). Another interesting potential male lead who is around the same age is Kim Rae Won! He's handsome as hell too! Anyways, while it is interesting to picture someone older like Ji Jin Hee with her, I think it would be nice to actually see Ji Hyo paired up with someone younger than her especially since CJM is around the same age as her. I always like a good noona-donsaeng turned lover material, and I'm already picturing CJM getting jealous haha. I imagine his character to be kind of mean and cocky (since he is a celebrity rock star (?) In this version) , but in reality, is a real sweetheart haha, but we'll see. I would also like them to make it obvious that he's younger than her rather than have them pretend Ji Hyo is much younger than her actual age. Personally, I think it would be cute to see her with someone like Yoon Kyun Sang or Lee Je Hoon from Signal. If Kang Ha Neul wasn't in the army, he and Ji Hyo would be so shippable. I just don't want an idol (because no), but someone flower boyesque or charming in one way ot another. Honestly though, I think I would be content with anyone as long as they are good at acting...you could ship literally pair anyone with Ji Hyo,and I'd be on board (with the one exception of Choi Jin Hyuk, which may be an unpopular opinion. I shipped her more with Lee Pil Mo in that drama haha). 

• Like 3

It pains me to say no to Ji Jin Hee, I adore the guy but unfortunately I believe age-wise we need someone same-age or a couple years younger but I strictly want no idols (I'm repeating myself but I'm adamant lol). My ideal robot has been mentioned above JIS and the other would've been Park Seo Joon, he was absolutely perfect and we all know that they looked amazing together but his already got his next project/s lined-up so his out. I hope we get an announcement soon, maybe after SJH's film releases we'll get something.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

I actually like Ji Jin Hee (he was hilarious in RM, and he is handsome!!!) and Go Soo (since they've already been in a drama together). Another interesting potential male lead who is around the same age is Kim Rae Won! He's handsome as hell too! Anyways, while it is interesting to picture someone older like Ji Jin Hee with her, I think it would be nice to actually see Ji Hyo paired up with someone younger than her especially since CJM is around the same age as her. I always like a good noona-donsaeng turned lover material, and I'm already picturing CJM getting jealous haha. I imagine his character to be kind of mean and cocky (since he is a celebrity rock star (?) In this version) , but in reality, is a real sweetheart haha, but we'll see. I would also like them to make it obvious that he's younger than her rather than have them pretend Ji Hyo is much younger than her actual age. Personally, I think it would be cute to see her with someone like Yoon Kyun Sang or Lee Je Hoon from Signal. If Kang Ha Neul wasn't in the army, he and Ji Hyo would be so shippable. I just don't want an idol (because no), but someone flower boyesque or charming in one way ot another. Honestly though, I think I would be content with anyone as long as they are good at acting...you could ship literally pair anyone with Ji Hyo,and I'd be on board (with the one exception of Choi Jin Hyuk, which may be an unpopular opinion. I shipped her more with Lee Pil Mo in that drama haha). 

OMG you are right Song Ji Hyo and Go Soo where together in the drama "Age of Innocence" it was Song Ji Hyo's debut work back then

maxresdefault.jpg

That means it would be a reunite with Go Soo, if he were to play the male lead. Ji Jin Hee and Song Ji Hyo would be such a damn interesting pairing i would be soo thrilled if they were to pair up, I don't care if he is alot older then SJH h is damn HOT. I don't know Kim Rae Won. I don't mind idol actor, many of them would have the perfect visual for the robot perfect boyfriend role, but many of them are also too inexperenced, and therefor don't really meet the standard in acting and look to boyishto me, i like @ErikaJ want someone dashing and sharp looking.

• Like 1

If JJH & SJH ever did do a drama together and it was an adaptation of a manga I'd prefer it to be something more mature in nature as opposed to this one. Regardless of whoever gets given the role, our actors can only excel if the writing + direction are good. I haven't seen Yang Hyuk Moon's work so I can't judge, has anyone seen Secret Healer and was it well written?. I am familiar with Jung Jung Hwa's work with the Flower Boys franchise and I will admit I liked both FBRS + FBND even with it's flaws.

• Like 2

I'm not familiar with either the director or the writer...but I just checked the Asian wiki page for this drama, and someone said that they "pitied" Ji Hyo for choosing this drama since the past couple of OCN romcoms have done badly. I'm not sure how valid their claim is since I'm not familiar with OCN other than "Voice", which was excellent by the way. I don't know if pitied is the right term, but I really, really hope this user is wrong. It's her first drama in a while, so I hope it is daebak! The last romance drama she was in was "Ex-GIrlfriend's Club", and I thought that drama was complete trash. The writing has to be good! The actors can only do so much!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ErikaJ said:

I'm not familiar with either the director or the writer...but I just checked the Asian wiki page for this drama, and someone said that they "pitied" Ji Hyo for choosing this drama since the past couple of OCN romcoms have done badly. I'm not sure how valid their claim is since I'm not familiar with OCN other than "Voice", which was excellent by the way. I don't know if pitied is the right term, but I really, really hope this user is wrong. It's her first drama in a while, so I hope it is daebak! The last romance drama she was in was "Ex-GIrlfriend's Club", and I thought that drama was complete trash. The writing has to be good! The actors can only do so much!

No, Song Ji Hyo's last romance drama was a webdrama "28 gram" and "My Wife's having an affair this week" aka "Listen to love" they were both fantastic dramas, that really left a deep impression, she nailed her role and had amazing chemistry with her partners as usual. I don't know about OCN but Song Ji Hyo is the queen of romance, and I always loved her choices in script and stories, because they somehow always intriged my interest beside me being a huge fan of her and therefor would watch anything she stars in but she somehow always chose work i would have wanted to watch despite that fact, anyway let's not speculate to much on rumours and speculations, when SJH did her last drama for JTBC she managed to pull the highest rating for JTBC after awhile, and she can do it again for OCN, the story is based on a classic with an interesting plot.

• Like 1