Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miyeOnx3

Sm Audition___callbacks

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

xiahukno: i dont have time to read all that...but i've read like half already...will finish when i get back from work ^_^

edit:

i read everything...even the reply you gave back to me when you quoted my post...:)

i <3333333333333333333333333 you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! i feel so special that you feel the closest to me. i really do believe you 100% and i wish you the best of luck!!! i wish everyone luck...but as of right now...i REALLY do wish you the best of everything...because...just like you said...you feel the same way as me...so i know exactly how you feel...

once again, thank you so much for taking your time to post such long posts...i'm willing to read them anyday :P

xiah: I READ ALL lol

took long but i read all

its soo fun to read from you cause like i acutually beleive what you say

but then its like relli sad how they take like 5 ppl from this audition

when there were like HTOUSANDS who auditioned

I HAVE A REALLY BIG QUESTION!!!!

are there talent scouts like..all over korea AND america?

or are you just talking about..like..korea?

wow..callbacks seem pretty intense. i know some people in my school who tried out..and theyr'e like..stressing out right now.. =/

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

Yumi -: if you're talking about like the ones they hire...i think she's talking more about korea...but dont quote me on that :sweatingbullets:

just out of curiousity, those people who got private auditions, were you guys one of those people whom the judges asked you to sing different songs/push your hair back/etc?

Guest iSNT LiFE JUiCY

just out of curiousity, those people who got private auditions, were you guys one of those people whom the judges asked you to sing different songs/push your hair back/etc?

yeah ...that is something i want to know...did they show a lot of interest in you guys who got private auditions? or was it a total shock to be called..?

Guest lshluvr

I don't think so :sweatingbullets: They asked my friend to push her hair back and act out some other scene but she wasn't called for private auditions :(

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

all i have to say is that SM is unpredictable...>.<

Well, my friend and I were asked to put our hair back, but..ehh..no call.

i dont think we can really predict who sm is going to call and who sm isnt going to call

b/c ..

they're weird

they have interest in random people at the audition and call totally diffnt people for a private audition

-_-

so i dont think we can reallly predict what's gonna happen

Most of the people that got callbacks were people who they showed interest in at the first audition. However, if when they told a person to push their hair back & stuff at the first audition and they realized that the person wasn't good looking enough, that person wouldn't be called for a callback either. Also, some people who weren't asked to do extra stuff still got callbacks because the judges were interested & already knew that the person had potential from just their one performance.

Guest xiahukno

xiahukno:

yikes......

that was such an annoying thing to read -,.-;;;

theres alot of useless information in what u had to type...

bleh...

u should lessen the typing....

i dnno...... im sure most of what u had to say was quite true but not all :D u have your opinions and i have mine =P

as for me!!................ EDUCATION ALL THE WAY! :D

*i hope you dont mind me cropping what you wrote... >.<* i actually cut A LOT before i posted bc i thought it was useless. i tried... but i just thought even the information wasn't all bout callbacks and stuff, it wouldn't HURT to know some of this stuff for people who are trying to live that dream. you know? thats why i rambled on and didnt edit it. bc it may be useful to some people that may just watch TV and assume thats waht they want. you know? but yess... you + me= different views and opinions. thats waht make you and me, you and me! lol... but yeah. whoever DEPEND on becoming a singer... it wouldnt hurt to study. being a dumb celebrity isn't good anyways. esp. in korea. i'm studying hard. ^^ good luck on your studies and your future endeavors. ^^

xVKN408x: some people may not be able to write as beautifully as others -_- so no need to pick at her for it

I was just curious: How do they link up our e-mail form and our actual written form there? Like, do they link up the pic we sent with our actual entry? Then what was the point of applying online?

thank you for defending me lainey! :D much appreciated! ^^... they link it up by your identification... didn't you write the SAME name on the online application as you did on your walk-in application?! and didn't they ask you whether your application was sent online first? those go to a different pile. and they look for the online applications and match the names by cities. its loads of work, but its the result of poor planning...

i read xiahukno's post because i also am really interested in the music industry. but not so much in SM. i dunno i'd rather go into a company with a rep that says GREAT SINGER. instead of PROBABLY PRETTY~ with some talent. [well maybe im being stereotypical but most ppl i know think that when someone says SM_]

BUT

im more interested in being a talent scout or making my own ent. company <-- but that'd be after im rich LOLS. i also go around reading about other experiences and altho probably not as much as xiahukno ive been harboring these entertainment business thoughts for 4~5 years. (okay not that long_) i find that i would be ... happier?.. as someone who can create these entertainers than actually being one, but thats just me.

but if i do get into any company i would probably do it.

i dont think anyone should lose hope. SM isnt a bunch of idiots because if they were SM would not be SM. like xiahukno said they did these worldwide auditions for a reason. they will do what they can so tat their reason will become reality (haha i dont think i make sense_) wait 2 months maybe more. maybe SM will announce that they're done choosing the "real" finalists. and then ppl can start looking towards diff. auditions or if u prefer a diff future. but no ones positive about this.

dont lose hope guys.

those who were meant to make it will and those who werent wont.

i really feel happiness in making other kid'd dreams come true bc i'm having a hard time as well... and so it just makes me feel better to think that i'm making some kid's dream come true... a kid like me. you know? so i DEF want to do the same thing if i go into the biz. and what you said around the last part of your post. ^^ you couldn't have said it better. :D

xiah: I READ ALL lol

took long but i read all

its soo fun to read from you cause like i acutually beleive what you say

but then its like relli sad how they take like 5 ppl from this audition

when there were like HTOUSANDS who auditioned

i don't think its sad... i actually think tehy should pick FEWER people. i mean ok... it is great if they accepted more people bc you and i have better chance of making it. but do you REALLY want a coveted company to accept just EVERYONE that shows potential and pour the time and money on them? i mean... even the SUPER talented people don't make it into the biz when they are signed... this job is ALL about competition and knowing the in's and outs. not everyone can be like Zhang Ri In, Boa, Heebon, DBSK, or SuJu. i'm sure if SM picked wahtever people and put them in SuJu, they would not be as popular. just like you don't want some wahtever person to be your doctor. you want the best. not everyone can make it into medschool. and if they did, would YOU as a med student that DID make it because of your hardwork during school want to be leveled next to that guy?! no. you want to be surrounded by the best or better. and people want to be treated or see the best and better.

I HAVE A REALLY BIG QUESTION!!!!

are there talent scouts like..all over korea AND america?

or are you just talking about..like..korea?

wow..callbacks seem pretty intense. i know some people in my school who tried out..and theyr'e like..stressing out right now.. =/

talent scouts are everywhere. but since we're talking about SM i'm referring to Korea. but i know people that are related to talent scouts in America. but tehy are usually for modeling. and Talent scouts in america aren't as avid like Korean talent scouts. they don't go and look for these kids. and they don't look at auditions or listen to demo's everyday. they just listen to whatever demo's the company they are under, for isntance like sony records, want them to take a listen at so maybe tehy can hear talent or potential. but the american talent scout subject, i am not very aware of because not a lot of stuff is made about them to be seen for the public. and the entertainment industry is run completely different for teh kids that are trying to get in the door for the American companies vs. Korean companies. I don't know ANY american companies that hold open auditions unlike Korean companies who have public advertisings for auditions.

Yumi -: if you're talking about like the ones they hire...i think she's talking more about korea...but dont quote me on that :sweatingbullets:

::nods, nods:: :rolleyes: well put! ^^

i dont think we can really predict who sm is going to call and who sm isnt going to call

b/c ..

they're weird

they have interest in random people at the audition and call totally diffnt people for a private audition

-_-

so i dont think we can reallly predict what's gonna happen

i agree with your first sentence but i don't think they are weird or have interest in "random" people. just because we don't know exactly the type of person tehy have set out to look for for this particular audition, doesn't mean tehy are weird. do you like ANY one of SM's artists? they CLEARLY know waht tehy are doing and KNOW waht they want. but yes... -.- its true... we can't really predict what's going to happen. tahts like predicting the future and if we could do that... then we really wouldn't be sitting here talking at soompi... right?! ;)

so private audition is also if they are unsure of your or wut? xD

private auditions are for the people that appeal to the SM staff and so rather than having to wait until sometime in November or december to see them and their abilities, they'll have some other stuff to look at to be MORE sure of their decision before they spend time and money to fly back out to American to see the potential client. bc it would be A BIG waste of money and time if tehy came out to America just to see ONE potential qualifying person and then realize taht tehy "LOOKED" a certain height in the tape only because tehy were standing next to a SUPER short person. you know? so they want to have a closer look to make their decision better in Korea before tehy get MORE official people to go to America.

::ok... so i came on soompi for the first time since last time i posted... and i had been PMed A LOT. 0.0 and after reading then... i thought they were really pertinent and some people asked the same questions coincidently i guess so im just going to answer some of them here bc its better for other people to read them. maybe other people have the same question but just didnt take the time to PM me. ^^' (i hope the people that PMed me don't mind... and just incase some of you do... i've left out ID's.)

What do you think is the difference between those who got a callback for Korean Festival and for a private audition?

Korean Festival is for fun. and so even if tehy weren't interested in the person, if they were entertaining, like tehy break danced and was good, or sang well, they got a call back to perform at teh KF. not everyone they called to perform at KF qualified for SM. so even if they weren't physically their "type" they might've gotten a call back from SM to perform at KF just because of their sheer talent. maybe tehy sang really well or danced really well bc thats just fun for people to watch that attend the festival. but the private audition is for the kids that may not really have the sheer talent but physically fit their needs for SM. but if a person had looks and total talent then tehy are MORE than qualified against the kids that got the call to perform at KF AND the kids that got the private auditions. but overall, the kids that got tha private calls have A FAR better chance of making it into SM than the kids that got the call back for KF. some kids that got a call for KF also got calls for private audition before or after KF. the winner of KF though has a good chance of making it into SM bc they were picked number one out of all teh people that SM picked that they thought were entertaining and had talent. but it also goes teh other way... even if you did get placed first, they may choose to not sign you. its all up to SM. no contest gaurantees a contract with SM. but usually in these festivals that have like a performing section in the agenda, different company talent scouts attend. so for the kids taht may not have qualified for SM, some get approached by other companies for different offers.

Where do you get your info? like the videos? what about teh one's that aren't from SM? where'd you see those?

i'm guessing this means like what show and what articles i saw it in... bc like i siad, my info is from TV shows and stuff. but i don't know like specific show names. i just know the content and gist. T.T like i said previously, i just know that the docu was about hankyung and his training from china to Korea. and the one about Dana and being scouted. i don't know when or what TV show it was. sorry... T.T Some i saw randomly on-line, some i watched via TV through videos we rent through the korean grocery store. so i can't really say what show or when because its just all through time. so all i can say is for those that want to watch the same things... go to naver or daum and search key words like audition, or Dana before debut, SM entertainement, (these stuff must be typed in Korean. minus the words Dana or SM) sorry i'm vague in this area... T.T

other's have asked A LOT about other companies... these are some i know (these are the companies that rival SM so tehy are really big in Korea...) i only know of these only because since we live in America, its hard to know of the smaller companies. so OF COURSE i'm only going to know of the bigger companies that host big stars. there are OTHER companies out there that you can try out for, but these are the ones I know. also with teh name of the company, i've said what tehy particularly look for. do not quote me on these bc as you guys know, i dont work for those companies and so you can't assume that i know their ins and outs. you know? just like how we can't really assume that SM is looking for a certain look. we just know they look at looks. you know? so yeah... just read and take as a ohhhh... ok i'll keep that in the back of my head for when i apply and send them my demo. ^^' click on the companie's name to go to their website.

SM

"head honcho" of ALL pop genre: (boyband, girl band.) bases 40% on talent AND looks. 20% is personality and other issues such as gender, height, showing potential of change and learning vast information quickly. SM is trying to get away from the "company that only looks at looks" and are starting to heavily weigh in on talent AND looks. known to do the unexpected and heavily Japan influenced. for instance, the whole 13 boy band and marketing a "project group" that had a chinese name just to fit the chinese market, hoping to do the morning museum thing with SG, bringing back acapella, forming a successful rock group amongst the pop hype of SM. very into the whole comrodery(?) of the company for the public eye but not necesarily in private.

DSP

labeled "the follower" of SM but are starting to create their own road by their own standards. Known for Finkle, SS501, Click-B, Shyne, Sheickskies (?) bases HEAVILY on looks. they are infamously known to hold "ulzzang" contests online and from the highest voted person, gives that person the audition. but like Ock Joohyun's case, they always have one person signed under them that have AMAZING sheer talent but not really in the look field. have similar standards like SM. but unlike SM who have had NO resigning artists other than boa and other females from failed bands, BOTH girls from a very successful group Finkle, chose to stay with DSP and the only reason the other two girls from finkle left is because they wanted to persue acting careers and sought out companies that strictly did ONLY acting. Very similar to SM in all ways except the comrodery of the company artists.

Good

Holds Shinwha and a female actress (i forgot her name...) currently holds trainees that was the most talented bunch from the popular show "battle shinwha." A LOT of people are anticipating this companie's outcome of those kids. this company has a very good rep even though their only clients are shinwha, who had already been established in the entertainment industry. Not a lot of information is known about this company and their standards since... their clients are very few and have not currently had any recent debut's of new artists.

YG

"head honcho" of hip-hop. holds VERY prominent artists and have a 99% re-sign of their artists, which means that they treat their artists very well and fairly and accomodates their needs. Wheesung is the only one that left YG and it stirred a wave of confusion and at first, there was a feud between the artists and the company's president, but in the end, everything reconciled and both are in GREAT terms. basis NOTHING on looks and SOLELY on sheer talent. but even when you get signed as an artist under this company, its still a battle to publish albums because, quoted from BaekKyung: "YangGoon SahJangNim (president) is VERY nit picky about the quality of music taht is published out to the public. EVERY song on the CD must be high quality and the BEST for it to get featured in the album. No song is put in a YG branded CD unless the songs go by his ears and get his approval. So its very stressful for us (in general he prob meant artists but specifically moogadang because thats waht he was talking about) since we are a "project" group and wanted to collaborate for fun. but even just songs that were made for fun, YG president wouldn't let us put into the single because it wasn't good enough. and other companies help their artists by buying music from composers but with us, even when i was in 1tym and its the same case with every YG family, unless teh song is given to us as a gift from a certain composer, we have to come up with teh contents of the CD. from songs to the theme. everything. what we do is NOT easy. hahaha... its very hard. YG president is a genuis. minus that time he suggested our group's name to be 4 clovers. HAHA!" YG is the HARDEST to get into and even when you are signed and debuted, it's still a battle with yourself and music but the credibility of the company gives MUCH backing. Also relies heavily on comrodery and familyness of the company for the public eyes and in private.

JYP

i think of this company as "the YG of Pop." they go solely on talent and very little on looks. has numerous trainees from the show "probability 99.9%" known to have a mandatory training period of minimum 3 years. even though they have had no recent debuts, they have trained the artists for other companies that are imminent to succeed in the music business like Ivy, and Hannah. recent hype is May Doni, a trainee from that 99.9% Tv show, who signed with JYP afterwards and then moved to YG publicly and have been acredited to amazing talent at the age of 14 thanks to JYP's "midus touch." IMO... i think this company is THE HARDEST to get into equaling YG. basis on comrodery is very private and nothing is public but everyone seems to be very close and supporting behind closed doors. this company is the only company i know that publicly stated taht they demand their artists to be humble and that they have a HUGE standards in personality like humbleness (HUGE), patience, and kindess. just sheer determination is also key.

wow... ok ANOTHER long post... :vicx: i hope these were of help to you guys... you dont have to read ALL of it since some is just rambles and others are questions just a few of you guys asked but were repeatedly asked. ^^ just pick and choose. thanks to all who thanked me for posting. ^^' i'm glad that my usual "useless" knowledge about the entertainment business is of some help to you guys. :sweatingbullets:

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

hehe...i love reading your posts, xiahukno :)

thanks ^_^

if you guys were at the dc audition

you know how they made you sit on the couch before you went up to audition

well there was a lady like near the back and she had a black dress on

she was the one picking for the korean festival

cuz after the audition i went to korean festival and i saw her there.

she not a part of sm she was just a MC for the festival