Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miyeOnx3

Sm Audition___callbacks

lmao! ohhh..

so wen are the ACTUAL results going to like be said?

from my cousin who went to private aud she siad the lady said that in december and stuff

and ppl say that they go to korea in november and look at like ALL tapes then make their decision of ppl who got private aud and ppl who didn;t get private aud

PIX__98copycopy.jpg

^ i got this pic from a friend... and supposedly she got into SM through stella.. not sure though... my friend said it might not even be her... can someone confirm for me?? i am so curious if its true...

Guest xVKN408x

i know callbacks are kind of old news now - unless you are in canada

im not trying to squish any hopes but i don't think sm callbacks would be private calls (like the ones where the number is hidden)

becuase that doesnt make sense. why would they hide their number? to make sure we don't get paranoid and call that person back gazillion times to ask if we made it?

.....wait acutally that's a possible reason HAHA.

but still. :/

oh speaking of which, i realized i still ahve the SM callback number in my phone. im really tempted to call the number ahahahahahaha

this is true..

when they called me back...

their number appeared...

also they told me to call them if i had trouble finding the place on the count of...

they didnt really give me an address so they just told me to search for the hyatt hotel at the fisherman's wharf

If I had the number...lol I would call everyday!..HAhA and get to know them.....lol I know how u feel...:D

yeah...

im sure if u did that...

they wont pick u for being annoying :D

bit harsh but i just had to~ ^-^

also... if they'd pay for everything.. including food........ then........

i should have tried harder HAHAHA

cuz damn... food is heaven :D

Guest missGiang

If the callback number was anything like those "Unknown Name or Long Distance" numbers...Then I could've just killed my chances...I don't pick those numbers up because they're usually telemarket-people...

Anyway...I don't know the auditions..But I know they really really loved my friend, he sang so well, they let him finish his song and they were just so amazed haha

I hope he gets it ^___^ I know that if he didn't get a callback yet...Then nobody will...LMFAO Wow I sound so sure and cocky...But honestly, he would've gotten one if anyone

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

xiahukno: haha...thanks for posting all that...^_^

Guest xiahukno

sorry for the lack of presence... T.T i didn't realize SO many people would read ALL the posts and actually take it into consideration and THANK ME. ^^' thanks you guys. :blush: this post will be about where i got the info, clear of questions about me, and re-affirm the past questions stated.

well 1. no i'm not "in" with SM... remember, i TRIED out too just like any one of you... but unlike SOME of you i DIDN'T even get a callback. T.T i actually did really bad on my audition... T.T

2. i was NEVER with an entertainment company... i WISH. ^^' i only sent my demo tape out (i made it at home VHS style... >.<) and got a reply from CJ telling me to lose weight.

3. all this information is kinda already known in korea with the kids since LONG time ago that are into the music industry. since they are already there on scene and get to expereience it and are around the kids that go through it. everything i've said then and now are already known information with the kids that are familiar with auditioning or are interested in a singing career (which is like EVERYONE in korea) and since SM is the most vied company with young kids that desire to be trainees under them, theres more information about them than any other company. we are just at a disadvantage and these kind of info isnt familiar to us bc of the language barrier (bc these kids or their friends/family that go through with it write their experiences all over the interent. kids that are SO close to getting a contract or even have the contract but for some reason leave the company) and solely for the fact taht we're not on "scene" like we arent in korea when someone we know gets scouted or we can walk into any company and audition for anything we want how many ever times we want.

4. I know A LOT about the whole audition process bc i've read/seen/heard every information about this field for the past almost decade. thats how long i've wanted to become a singer. so everytime a new person debuts, or everytime a new docu airs on tv about the music industry (whether it be the music itself, the company that produces them, or the artist that sing it) i'm SURE to get my hands on it. i've also got to talk to 2 people (separate.) from real EXPERIENCERS of SM auditioning and even up to the contract process but SM backed out and one from a friend that was good friends with a guy that was signed with SM but he ended up leaving the company.

5. i also know a lot about this industry bc i know two people that are already in it. my dad's friend is chaeyeon's dad. and when they talk on the phone i spy (-.-) and listen in or my dad tells me about how ridiculous it is (not knowing i would DIE to be a part of it... o.0) and i also have an uncle that is a PD at SBS. and he tells me EVERYTHING. and i've been to SBS and met a lot of people and learned a lot from just being in that presense and applying all the things i've heard from my uncle to the environment. (and let me tell you... the entertainment business is WELL concealed... :vicx: )

6. if you ask any of these trainees that arent with SM, they'll tell you the contract process and the auditioning process. they wont disclose to you the actual contract contents but the process that lead up to that part. SM just has this exclusivity but other companies just want any publicity and so do not refrain their trainees from talking to their fans as long as it isnt detrimental to the company or their career. and so when korean girls ask these trainees (some even SM) they disclose the whole process and wish the girl luck in getting signed and persuing her own dreams. and even gives tid bits to auditioning well. and thats when i read that girl's posts and take it all in. ^^ (the posts are usually in cy or daum.) with the kids at SM, you either have to ask them RIGHT when they are declared SM trainees and aren't really sure of all teh rules in public interaction or ask one of the non-well known trainees bc they are not watched like a hawk like the other well known trainees. and really.. its all a matter of what the trainees want. i once asked stephanie hwang of the process before when she had myspace and she directly came out right afterwards in her myspace stating that she will not accept nor answer any unknown people's messg or friend requests. but then i asked stella what the weight limit was for SM and very kindly messged me back and told me the answer. (but don't go and bombard her myspace with questions... just wait until november to know for sure. wahtever the process may be, it wont matter if you never get that call back. right?!) this is also hte case for a lot of the SM trainees that have Cy right now. they are very friendly and usually will answer messg's that arent too long bc they get messged a lot. and its all by chance if they answer you but i've read and perchance, they really do answer nicely. ^^' (::i actually think isak on myspace will answer some auditioning questions too bc i read on her wall and someone commented and thanked her for helping with their questions about auditioning. again though... please do not go bombarding her with questions bc this may lead to no answers to anyone.::) the getting signed part isnt a secret so trainees and stars arent really afraid to disclose that information. they just are afriad it'll lead to whats in the contract and what they do during training and where tehy do it. bc those questions they arent allowed to disclose to the public. and also they don't want to be made out to be the bad person if they give advice and it didnt work. you know? korean fan people are sensitive and very nit-picky like that... you know the whole anti ordeal... its bad in korea... >.<

since i'm SO interested in the entertainment business, esp. music, i read A LOT of newspaper articles about them. about how the process is done and how the whole ordeal goes. (if you can type in korean and read in korean, you guys can look for these articles too! i've been reading such articles over the years, but im sure you'll be able to find some here and there in daum.net, cyworld.com, naver.com etc.) i read what each of the companies i WANT to sign with is worth and WHAT they spend their money on. i also read personal blogs and posts written by trainee's that are currently signed with companies or fans that go by these companies a lot. you can learn a lot from them. yes, these posts and blogs are usually in korean and usually private. but SOMEONE always finds ways to make it private and posts it. ^^' (like for instance, dont you guys ever wonder where all those really personal celeb pictures get around? its kinda like that...) and by reading SO much information over the years i kinda weed out the rumors and fabricated stories bc it either doesnt fit with the real news or someone just comes out and admits its not true. and also, if you read the articles that get published when a new singer debuts, it ALWAYS mentions their "training" days and what the process was like and how hard it was on them. and then it goes on explaining the training period and the companie's information. good example is Zhang Ri In's articles and Super Junior's ariticles. for ZRI's articles, it stated A LOT about the 2003 china HOT/SES auditions and who and how many got recruited. when they came to korea and how they came. what they did to survive in korea, who paid for what and waht their training days were like. in addition to that the article stated what the audition consisted of, what they were looking for and how many of trainees they recruited from that audition (3 NOT including hankyung and ZRI. so 5 in total from the ENTIER 2003 HOT/SES CHINA AUDITION. Ryu Chow is one of those 3 that is training right now. he's like 1989-1990 yo or something. he's baby cute.) also get A LOT of my infos from documents made about SM entertainment.

remember the document that aired with hankyung in it before he debuted?! do you also remember the document that aired with dana in her training years... well thats where i got the whole "talent scout man" from. from his own mouth. on this tv show. that aired dana. so that i KNOW its true. and there were NUMEROUS other documents made about SM because tehy seem to be at the peak of the Korean music industry. and so when documents are made it states how many trainees they have and what tehy look for in auditioners, how the process goes and how training goes. what the process is like to get to be accepted (like the 1, 2, 3 auditions to get to the "final" stage of being offered a contract.) the life of a trainee and how much they spend on a trainee. how they train them and waht they train them in like broadcasting manners and verbal communication. where tehy are going to try to market and in what way tehy are going to market. what the future holds for the company and wahtnot. (there was a document like this for JYP too... but not YG or any other famous companies i know... just SM and JYP but DEF a lot more SM)

and other stuff about talent scout people... i really like watching people sing and dance and audition and stuff. maybe bc i am interested in it myself and so if i didn't make it into the music biz, then i wanted to be a talent scout. but then i saw the requirement for it and i DID NOT qualify. basically you have to look at someone and within THE FIRST GLANCE that consist usually of 5 seconds AT THE MOST, you have to know if they are pretty, will appeal to the MAJORITY, good personality, and have some sort of talent. that's why usually you RARELY ever see a "young" talent scout. they are usually like your parents and my parent's age (aka like 30's at the YOUNGEST and 40-50's at their oldest.) there was a documentary about talent scouts right around when EVERYONE wanted to become a singer. like when the whole entire phase started of open auditions and scouting. the docu followed a couple talent scouts and it was actually a funny documentary bc since the whole scouting thing was very unfamiliar to the mass population in korea (or anywhere its just this docu was set in Korea) this older man (42 or something yo) went up to this girl and asked her if she ever thought about going into the entertainment business and she like freaked out on him. she was like "ew you old man. get away from me! i'm going to call the police!" and with a female talent scout, this other girl was like "are you trying to scam me? what company do you work for? is this some sort of trafficking prostitution?" (o.0) anyways... so the talent scouts people ALL said that you basically have to look at a person and see potential in them in less them 2 seconds because back then there werent auditions. and so you picked people off the street and since they are walking and you are walking, if you don't recognize their potential then you'll NEVER be able to recruit ANYONE. you know? bc by then time you're like hmm... they looked good! they are already on their merry way in a bus or train station. for current times, this is still the case but since tehy also have the convience of walk-in open auditions, people come to them and they have longer time to observe the people but now the problem is there are TOO many people to look at and so in order to look at everyone, tehy have to still weed out the people the same way. the same first glance assumption. and usually since tehy are trained that way, talent scouts tend to scout that way too.

as for the audition tapes... some of you guys still have speculations and i totally understand. BUT i think i came off kind of... TOO assuring last post. they will look at your tapes BUT not scrutinizingly looking. they will all sit in this conference like room and watch the tapes recorded at the auditions one by one in a tiny TV that will be in front of the room. it wont be on a BIG SCREEN or rewinded for better look. they will all watch it once and comment all over your application that you filled out. (you only had to fill out 2 immediately for those two ladies but once back in korea, someone will photocopy it to how many talent scout staff they have present and they will make notes and comments on your paper.) then after each video OR each break or whatever tehy set before they get together and start watching the audition tapes, they will all get a say in someone(s) that they noted. if more than one person agrees then they'll sit there and talk about it and maybe even re-watch it. NOTE: with the talent scouts, usually a plastic surgeon, dance professional, and a voice teacher will be present. with companies like YG or JYP i would not have said plastic surgeon but with a company like SM, its obvious. everyone knows that by now. right? anyways, you need plastic surgeons there bc they have the ability to "predict" the outcome of your face if you go under the knife. and also they know what most people WANT and desire in a face. and so they'll know what pleases most audiences. what's nice to look at. you know? bc if you think someone's hot, i may not agree. but with plastic surgeons, they work with people that want similar traites in faces AND tehy pay attention to whats "in fashion" with faces and what will be in fashion with the face. and generally what overall is appealing to the mass people. what face structures say what to people. your slanted eyes may give off the "snobby" look or your big smile will give off a warm presence. (<-- those are bad examples bc i am not a plastic surgeon. lol but i'm saying persay... you know?) and some people even if they DO get plastic surgery, they still may not look good. and so to prevent that from happening, they hire the plastic surgeons to kind of "predict" for them. and the dance instructor will be there to state whether if you have rythem and if you currently don't, then if you are able to have rythem. they've taught and worked with enough kids to know who and what to look for in their stiff bodies to see if they can kind of break them of those traits and make you a dancing machine. like heechul. to you and me, he was SO helpless in the dancing field but to a dance instructor, they saw that they could break him of those bad habbits and reteach him. and look at him now. he's as good as any of the members in super junior. and with the voice teacher, they KNOW from the way you talk and the first note that comes out of your mouth, the potential of your voice. how do i know this? from my voice teachers. my choir teacher told me that all voice teachers are able to hear it in their student's voice and my personal voice teacher said the same thing. they may not know how high you can go or how low you can go with your voice range, but they'll be able to hear the gist of your range and what your abilities are. whether you have a pleasing voice to listen to and what type of voice you have. even if you don't sing your best, voice teachers will know the gist.

and ANOTHER reason why they WILL look at ALL the tapes is because all those people still need to look at al the applicants. those two women are not qualified plastic surgeons, vocal teachers, dance instructors AND talent scouts. (model and actor trainers may be in this group of talent scouts but they prob are not. bc modeling and acting seems to be not really their main concern and i feel that they just put pretty people that REALLY have no hope in dancing or singing in that career field. so they dont really actually go out and scout for models or actors. and its a concept easily taught to whoever has the desire to learn and from the training of becoming a singer, they are taught this so there isnt really a need for a teacher in that field to watch the auditioners.) and even if those women did qualify for even ONE of those things EACH, they will still miss 2/4 OTHER qualities that they need to keep in mind. if one of the ladies posessed the vocal intructor and the other one dance instructor, then SM shouldnt really rely on them to chose a beautifule person or someone that posesses a spark in their eyes that the majority of the audience will engulf. and since ALL those things need to be kept in mind to make a singer, those two women alone cannot determine who gets to be seen and not. and if SM did send ALL those people to watch all of us audition, then it would cost MORE than thousands of dollars for this whole 2006 world audition. and then THATS when you can assume they want to throw their money away bc they have too much of it. (i had to bold this part bc this was crucial evidence that they will look at everyone on those tapes. even if it may not be carefully, they will look at it.)

you know when ANY companies set dates for specific auditions and not open auditions, then its for a purpose. its to find a specific mold of something they need to fit into an already formed project. they just need to fill that missing peice. with the 2003 china audition, they were out to find the chinese member to go into either DBSK or super junior. (rmeember that whole blue ocean project?) they don't just think of DBSK and SuJu overnight before they debut. they plan and make this "project group" and they put together their trainees to fit the mold that they try to make the "project group" out to be. it takes YEARS to even come up with ideas of such groups. and a lot of them go to the trash (like all the groups that hyukjae and junsu was in prior to their separate ways and donghae's group.. ok or something.) with the whole 2003 china audition, they were set out to find a chinese native that spoke chinese and of china-decent because they already formed an idea of three "project groups" and just needed the chinese kids to fill in for the international "blue ocean" project. they were looking for a chinese member to go into CSJH, DBSG, and SuJu. i think ZRI they knew and wanted to sign her even before she auditioned. they went to china LOOKING for her and signed her. whether they had the whole chinese boa thing set before even signing her bc of the reputation of her voice she had all over in china already, i don't know. they may have trained her to be in a certain group but then thought they could market her alone and so they did that. *shrug* SO thats why i kept urging NON-koreans to audition, bc there MUST have been a reason why they came to AMERICA and CANANDA and MALAYSIA for their next idol. you do not know of their plans. they might've been looking for a mixed or all american kid that may fit into a project tehy already made. you just don't know what they have up their sleeves and so you shouldn't assume, "oh they arent looking for such and such mixed or not race" bc SM is all about renovation. they want to be the first to do EVERYTHING. they want to be the trend setters in Asia music entertainment business. who would've thought to train a foreign bound kid (esp. chinese) to be a korean bound idol star? SM held this 2006 audition in America, Canada, and Malaysia because they were looking for something and was sure they could find it in those countries. it may be the infamous 11th or 12th member of SG or another boy band they are making. there is no way we would know until one of those groups debuted with the 2006 auditioner in their group. and with their debut, will nonetheless have an article about that kid's experience in training and getting picked through the audition.

and another thing i didnt mention... at the 2003 china audition, they only picked 5 kids out of THOUSANDS that tried out. those kids probably went through the same ordeal we did at 2003. they probably had to wait a month before tehy heard anything from SM. so ANOTHER thing i want to mention before you guys get all your hopes up... even if you guys want to think that 100 kids will be offered a contract, the number of kids offered contracts won't even surpass two digits. i mean you didnt think that just ANYONE could become singers... right? and even if you did posess the talent... what makes you stand out from the other 100 kids that posess that talent? you know? so... yes they will look at the audition tapes bc they held the auditions at those countries FOR A REASON not because they were bored or needed to spend money bc god knows they need MORE money to spend on trainees they already have and artists they need to promote. but only a very few, literally a handful at the most will be picked to have an opportunity to train with SM and not even a guarantee of debuting. and bc training overseas kids cost MORE money than training native kids. the cost isn't a matter of just hundreds of dollars in difference, but its literally THOUSANDS of dollars more for overseas kids. overseas kids are not taught japanese or chinese as a 2nd language like spanish and french are here in America. so you have to teach teh kids chinese and Japanese from scratch whereas native kids would've already learned the basics. also to house and feed the kids is assumed since tehy arent living in korea like the native kids. and also to fly them out to korea, their belongings, and to register them as legal working residence of Korea, and putting them under a Korean legal adult to supervise them, they have to hire lawyers to do all that. SO i highly doubt tehy are going to lug 100 kids back to korea.

NOTE: some trainees never debut and end up becoming SM staff in the end. only a couple people i heard train for SO long that they miss the numbers of projects that never fit them that SM just doesnt think they are a profitable age or whatever reason. but in order for SM to come to this conclusions, the trainee have to have gone through A LONG time of training with the company bc usually they sign at a very young age. and through the long time of training, they probabily perfected what the teacher's taught them. SO they too become a teacher to teach future trainees. i think this is better than just walking away from the company bc you didn't debut because when you were young, you had to train AND study and hence you probably didn't really excel in school. and so you arent really qualified to get a college degree of some sort. and its better to work with SM as a trainee teacher than any other jobs teaching voice. bc training isn't really considered official degree of music so you really don't have credibility to teach kids outside of SM. so you prob won't even get a job outside of the company. you can't sue the company bc the company never offered you a contract to debut. the contract basically states that they will pay for ALL your expenses FOR TRAINING. and that now that you are signed under them to train and since tehy are paying for you, you cannot audition at any other company. probably also something about that they can terminate the contract under any condition they feel is right; like imposing a bad name on their company or defiling you or the company in anyway or exposing any secret projects the company had in plan to the public or any other companies. thats why singers like boa, bi, Imjunghee, junsu(DBSK) at one point at fear that they wont get the opportunity to debut. why else would they have that doubt unless the contract stated that they are gauranteed to debut. i also think that once you sign, they can "distribute" you to any other company they are affiliated with. like with dana, shinvi, MILK, they tried out for SM and trained with SM trainees and at one point were a part of SM but debuted under different record company. (in the end though, they are all still under contract with SM. like yoojin from shinvi, bomi, Hyunjin, and jaeyoung (heebon) from MILK are all still under SM)

if you get a call back, in november, you'll probably have to wait ANOTHER month or so to meet with them. so it does sound right that december is when you "really" hear if you get in or not. but if november comes around and no word, you should put your hopes on something else. the reason why its definate in december is because they probably won't fly out until then. or maybe they'll fly out in november but wont get to see you until december bc they have to see other auditioners from across the country. so thats why i think, that one girl that got a call back from SM and said that her appointment isnt until december... i think she has the real deal REAL close to her. she's probably closest than any one of us right now. bc if the date is set back so far, then they already have looked at her and really like her from just her audition tape and so are already willing to fly the official people of SM to meet her to really get to know her. (the only reason i can think of that the talent scouting team in Korea have already declared her a good qualificant is that maybe the two ladies send out the tapes of the auditions as soon as they were done with the auditions for that day. but then this doesnt make sense bc sending the tapes back each time they are done with that day of auditions would cost a lot of money if you combined ALL the tapes and each city. BUT it also makes sense bc they don't want to carry ALL those tapes with them to Korea bc those alone they'd have to send off and not carry onto the plane with them and that alone could jeapordize that the tapes could be lost or stolen. and with the heightened security you are only allowed to ship off one luggage per person and im sure all the tapes alone are probably one luggage. then that means the two ladies have to figure out how they can get all their personal belongings into one luggage they can ship and two small personal carry on purses and even those you know not a lot is permitted so... and also they dont have to look at ALL the videos at once for short periods of times. they can look at them when tehy come each and so have more time to look at them and arent crammed with watching billions of audition tapes all within a couple of weeks.)

and NO ONE will know the results of the auditions (like who really got signed and how many kids (#girls/boys) in what city) until they debut bc SM likes to keep those kind of things secret. and so even if one or ALL the soompiers get signed, tehy probably will not be able to ALL admit it. just a few that are "presented" trainees versus the "concealed" trainees i talked about before. :huh:

anyways... i'm SUPER tired of writing. lol.. as you can see... i def think this is twice as long as the other one. i'm sorry if i dissapointed some people that i wasnt speaking from experience or wahtnot... and if you choose to not believe a word i said since it was NOT from experience and it was all from just my own desire of research, then thats fine. but if you do ALL the research that i have done for the past decade or so, you will prob come to the same conclusion that i have come up with. and its not like my conclusion is far-fetched. it makes sense and its a real reality call. i would not have typed two long posts if i didn't think it were 99.9% true. and the stuff i was not sure of even the slightest bit, i stated clearly that i was not sure and that this might not be true. but the other stuff, i've heard/read/saw from reliable sources all over the media and is backed up by the mass majority of the Korean population that are interested in that topic. again, i hope that i did not inflate or deflate TOO much of anyone's balloon... but like i said... i am choosing to be pessimestic for the sake of my already beated down heart from previous numerous rejections... T.T i hope that at least ONE soompier is among one of those handful that are offered that exclusive contract with SM and are allowed that small crack of a window of a chance at stardom that oh... MILLIONS of people all over the world vie for. i say this again... ^^ GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS AND I PRAY FOR YOU AND ME THAT WE ALL FIND THAT NICHE IN THIS WORLD... even if it may not be singing on stage. ^^'

oh.. and P.S.

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE MY POST!! IT'S TOO LONG! CROP IT OR DON'T QUOTE IT AT ALL AND JUST REFER TO IT! THANK YOU! ^^

ooh alright!

information

-EDIT-

oh myy

that was a longgg readd

but i really appreciate you doing this for us

thank you xiahukno

well

if you researched this for 10 years

i trust your judgement

=]

i think the best we can do now

is wait for november

see what happens...

but your post sheds some light to things

thank you

THank you so much...i am pretty sure they will go over the videos. After your long.. analysis.. i don't even know is it a good thing to get a call back anymore.. *sigh* lol Cuz i know sm has alot of trainnees and most of them dont get to debut. My friend knows someone in korea who use to be a sm trainee but left because it was too competitive and most of them dont get to debut.

Guest xoxo-j
:sweatingbullets: okiee i take bak my post, n i thought iiiii've done enough research (i think i've read that sm documentation before..). thanks soo much for sharing ^^, wudda taken me ages to find all that info!

Guest xiahukno

OK!! ONE LAST POST THEN I'M REALLY GOING TO BED!! :sweatingbullets: lol...

is she on soompi actively??!

WHY NOT JUST EMAIL SM LOL!

i would..but they scare me since htey give robotic answeres lmao

you can't email SM with small details like these bc they won't answer. they could care less if you never get answered these questions like when will you contact us if we make it? if we don't make it will you still contact us? etc. since the auditions are over and the people that auditioned have gone already (minus vancouver) they really won't take time to answer your questions. and usually the email replies are automated to say, thanks for your interest in SM. we will get back to you ble bel bel. its just that around this audition time, they took the auto answer off to answer questions like changed dates and places. bc they need you to come to audition. so it'll be worth the money and time they put into the whole ordeal.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/mis..._98copycopy.jpg

^ i got this pic from a friend... and supposedly she got into SM through stella.. not sure though... my friend said it might not even be her... can someone confirm for me?? i am so curious if its true...

you think if friends can get into SM or any other music company through a friend... then ALL of stella's best friends would be signed to SM. right? so they can train and go to korea together and hang out every summer and winter break. that would be REAL nice but talent isnt really grouped amongst friends sadly... so i highly doubt that girl got into SM through stella. ^^

for those who got callbacks... was the number like a local number?

or like a korean number?

the number will NEVER be a korean number. if you are overseas (like all of us here) they will email you FIRST. trust me, it won't get spammed... but after tehy email you, they'll tell you what time they can contact you once they are in the states. and then the whole process goes on there. trust me... if they take the time to contact you, they will make sure they don't lose touch with you. since they took ALL the time to look through the audition and stuff (like i stated in the long previous post) they contacted you bc they are 90% sure they want to sign you. the 10% depends partly on you and your parents and their final decision from your meet and greet. aka personality and outward shown of passion to give your soul away. LOL JK!!! lol...

xiahukno: haha...thanks for posting all that...^_^

for some strange reason, i feel closer to you than anyone else in this thread bc you and i talked before this whole ordeal for the DC audition. its just sad i didnt get to meet you at the audition and i got there WAY to late to really meet anyone... T.T i'm glad you took the time to read both my long posts... ^^ hope tehy helped you in wahtever way... GOOD LUCK! (i have the same supressed hope that you do... that they will see SOME potential in me... but like i said its suppressed... :( so i know waht your going through. ^^' lets just keep our hearts from breaking and our heads from falling until its officially the end of november.)

THank you so much...i am pretty sure they will go over the videos. After your long.. analysis.. i don't even know is it a good thing to get a call back anymore.. *sigh* lol Cuz i know sm has alot of trainnees and most of them dont get to debut. My friend knows someone in korea who use to be a sm trainee but left because it was too competitive and most of them dont get to debut.

i said COUPLE. a lot of the trainee's leave on their OWN terms. never bc SM drops them. SM doesnt drop trainees unless its really bad bc tehy put so much money and time per kid even just on the first week of training. what with clothes, food, classes, studio time, etc. it'll be their loss if they dropped someone. so its always the kids that leave first. SM didnt even drop that trainee Kim Kibum (not SuJu) even when he outwardly bashed kangin from SuJu on his public cyworld that suju fans went and visited. he just called him kanginee and not sunbaenim or even hyung. and then he publicly made fun of kangin's lack of practice. and he's still with SM so... you KNOW sm don't drop kids. lol. the COUPLE trainees i take for instance isn't even for sure etched on stone. this girl that trained with Boa and was suppose to debut with her (ex-gf of yunho supposedly... dunno...) even threatened that she would not debut unless it was with boa. but all in all, boa ended up debuting and they kept training her.... and now she's like 20 something and since she's been a trainee for SO long and her "prime" age to debut has passed, there are talks that she will never debut. she says that she teaches kids at SM sometimes, but people are saying that SM is doing that to ease her into teaching full-time. she didnt even go to college bc she wanted to sing. T.T so sad... hopefully it isnt true... anyways, trainee's leave bc its too hard (but then tahts their fault. how can tehy want something so bad that they just give up? not me... i'd do it through rain or snow.) or they leave bc SM trains them for SO long that they just up and leave and are taken by other companies. (that guy from ss501 in DSP was with SM) but with the case with Anna who was in SM but now in CJ. her manager from SM quit and then relocated in CJ and since he was in charge of her, he saw real potential in her and so convinced her to up and come along with him. and so she did. SM did their best to try to refrain her and whatnot bc she was one of their favorite trainees but i think the whole SG thing turned her away even more. but maybe SM offered her a debut that werent with SG. *shrug* also dont know... they could've offered her millions of things, but in the end she's at CJ so... you can be contractually bound, but i think you can always find loopholes with good people that know the business (aka managers like anna from cj's manager) or you can just say you quit then try out for another company. but i think tahts kinda against the rules of hte contract too... i dunno... all this im not sure of and thats why i didnt really say anything about it in my previous post. but since someone brought it up, i might as well mention something. but like i said... i do not know anyhting for sure... nothing is etched in stone.

but these "stories" shouldnt discourage you from signing on that dotted line. as long as you read ALL THE FINE PRINT and have the approval of your parents... i'm sure your fine. look at boa... and DBSG... and SuJu... they are ALL doing great. and even with yoojin from shinvi and those girls of MILK. SM could've easily stuck their tongue out and said, you arent with SM. your with so and so now. we don't have to offer you a contract again! but they did. and they are still under SM. SM isnt' such a bad company everyone makes them out to be. and as for HOT... they all left alive. right? and they are all still well off as artists and humans. ok they had that whole ordeal and drama... but they are ok NOW right? and tehy are even talking about reuniting. ^^ and with SES, F2S, and shinwha... tehy all stated tehy are leaving on good terms. whether that may be true or a lie, wahtever. but tehy are all well off NOW. right? nothing happened to them. they are all world stars now. so i think signing with SM is def a go for me... thats why i'm here... watiting...

anyways... good night you guys. i'm SO glad my posts actually mean something to you guys. WOOT! i'll try to post more later... ^^

Guest xVKN408x

xiahukno:

yikes......

that was such an annoying thing to read -,.-;;;

theres alot of useless information in what u had to type...

bleh...

u should lessen the typing....

i dnno...... im sure most of what u had to say was quite true but not all :D u have your opinions and i have mine =P

anywho i think its so funnii yet sad how some trainees just ended up as SM staffers

wells....... that clears manything up for me

thanx alot :D

so screw SM totally ^_^ hahaha all u people who do become a real SM trainee..... work hard aite? dont disappoint yourself after years of trainning and end up with a crappy job at SM lol

as for me!!................ EDUCATION ALL THE WAY! :D screw that now hahaha stupid for me to audition even though i got called for private audtions~ can get famous some other way =P

MYSPACE CELEB HAHAH JEFFREE STAR!

k enough off topic =P

ty xiah

xVKN408x: some people may not be able to write as beautifully as others -_- so no need to pick at her for it

I was just curious: How do they link up our e-mail form and our actual written form there? Like, do they link up the pic we sent with our actual entry? Then what was the point of applying online?

xiahukno thank u soo much again! lol i lovee reading all ur posts! =]] even though im really interested int he music industry i think it would be really hard to find that info. cuz im korean,nos how to read,write,and speak it but it would take me FOREVER to read wat everyone else posted in korean. thank u soo much! now i no more than i used to!=]]

i read xiahukno's post because i also am really interested in the music industry. but not so much in SM. i dunno i'd rather go into a company with a rep that says GREAT SINGER. instead of PROBABLY PRETTY~ with some talent. [well maybe im being stereotypical but most ppl i know think that when someone says SM_]

BUT

im more interested in being a talent scout or making my own ent. company <-- but that'd be after im rich LOLS. i also go around reading about other experiences and altho probably not as much as xiahukno ive been harboring these entertainment business thoughts for 4~5 years. (okay not that long_) i find that i would be ... happier?.. as someone who can create these entertainers than actually being one, but thats just me.

but if i do get into any company i would probably do it.

i dont think anyone should lose hope. SM isnt a bunch of idiots because if they were SM would not be SM. like xiahukno said they did these worldwide auditions for a reason. they will do what they can so tat their reason will become reality (haha i dont think i make sense_) wait 2 months maybe more. maybe SM will announce that they're done choosing the "real" finalists. and then ppl can start looking towards diff. auditions or if u prefer a diff future. but no ones positive about this.

dont lose hope guys.

those who were meant to make it will and those who werent wont.