Sm Audition___callbacks

Guest miyeOnx3

Guest xVKN408x

i actually DO THINK they are gunna go THROUGH ALL THE TAPES

wat xiahukno said was actually reasonable...why would he waste money to like look at the talents that his ppl choose wen its not him right?

they are gunna look over it and like prolly eliminate like groups like looks..or talents w.e makes it easier and faster

seriusly..its reasonable that SM will look through the tapes

maybe they spent the money because they have too much? :D

phew... long time no read! :P i read MOST from where i left off... and i just have to straighten out misconception everyone seens to be assuming... :sweatingbullets: this is going to be LOOOOONG so please... bare with me. T.T

:excl: SM DOES NOT HAVE 500+ TRAINEES. :excl:

yes, they DO have a handful... more girls than boys... (only because a big chunk of the male trainees debuted as SUJU and now a big chunk of girls will debut as SUGI lol aka super girls) AND lee sooman DID say that SM DOES have 500+ trainess BUT then he added that he considered the kids enrolled in the starlight academy as SM's trainees. but starlight academy kids... arent REALLY trainees. i mean yes they sing and dance and get trained. but its more like summer school and classes. SM DOES NOT pay for their classes or schooling. they pay for it on their own. (SM will PAY FOR EVERYTHING if you are their REAL trainee) the starlight academy kids have their own building NEAR SM offices but they arent even allowed inside teh SM office. but the real trainees are. the building is private and enclosed with a numbering code that only staff and trainees know to get in. so if the starlight academy kids are considered trainees... then why cant they get into their own office building?! :blink: you know? yes there IS a chance that if you excel in the academy, SM will transfer you over to the real company for an offical trainee contract so you can train under them, paid by them, with other official trainees. (theres a couple kids that transfered over like taeyoung this girl that supposedly sings SO amazing that people want her to go solo rather in a group of 10+ girls.) supposedly changmin from DBSK and boa... dana... and go ara etc. are from starlight but tehy really arent. they SAY that so then kids will sign up to do the starlight academy program. ::i personally think that taeyoung did not get into SM directly in the first place because she did not have the looks. and once starlight academy worked on her vocals, they realized taht she had sheer vocal talents and so they took her in. (even though she's SUPER cute... ^^):: lee sooman just says he considers the starlight kids the trainees so then more kids will sign up and pay money to take the classes. who doesnt want to be called an sm trainee?! you know? so its all about publicity and marketing. BUT in reality, SM does NOT have 500+ kids. they only have... ABOUT 25-30 kids.... the reason why i'm not sure is because a lot of them are known BUT still a few of them are unknown. for example... zhang Ri In... she was "bee gong gae" trainee. which means that no matter what, NO one is suppose to know that she is training for SM. her face was NOT to be revealed for wahtever reason prior to her debut. and thats why NO ONE anticipated her debut. SM does have a few of those trainees out there and they are the ones that are REALLY special and supposed to make a difference in the company and in the music industry.

anyways... hope ALL THAT cleared up the whole 500+ SM trainees... >.< lol... now onto ANOTHER misconception... :vicx:

:excl: SM WILL LOOK AT ALL THE AUDITION TAPES EVEN THE NON-PRIVATE SESSION ONES! :excl:

the reason is because SM is OBSESSED with finding the next new talent. the next best looking guy/girl that will rock the entertainment industry, even just for a little while. SM DID NOT pay thousands of $$$$ to travel all over america and cananda and china-area just to look at the private auditioners that TWO ladies from their staff picked out. yes, they will watch the private auditions but they will also look at the mass auditioners too. they want to make sure they dont miss ANYONE. i mean its SM... they will do ANYTHING to get the trainee they want. take stella for instance. she tried out and then her parents gave her the big N-O and then SM tried to convince her parents and they still were like N-O! lol... so then when stella tried out for the festival again in few years later, SM REALLY couldnt let her go and so they had LEE SOOMAN come down to NJ just to persuade her parents to sign with SM. and THATS why she isnt in korea training. bc her parnets refuse to let her. so the compromise was that she trains every long break (summer and witner) she has AND she even gets to have a say in who/when she is going to debut. (she isnt debuting with supergirls bc i guess her parents and her are skeptical with that whole area... lol) ANOTHER example... CHoi Shiwon. SM tried FOR A YEAR to persuade his parents to sign their son with SM. a whole year. yes. no joke. a whole year. with lee sooman AND the whole SM staff nagging. lol... (i'm sure they werent nagging... but still a whole year man. LOL) SO in conclusion... SM paid lots of money to go all over the world to find the next new big hit, they arent going to just look at the 10 vids from each city. no way. that is SO not SM. they WILL look at everyone.

if you look at the SM auditions (like DBSK changmin and jaejoong... SuJu kangin, heechul... still a trainee Hong bora tried out with donghae from suju) they ALL seem to have... MODERATE talent. NO amazing talent to be seen. BUT the talent scouts SAW something in them. something that you and i cannot identify. THATS WHY TEHY ARE TALENT SCOUTS! lol... whether it be looks, personality, or some kind of aura that the kids give off... the talent scouts can sense it. NOT YOU AND ME or your parents... or those two ladies of SM. the really BIG talent scout (i forgot his name... T.T he's a man...) is NOT tied down by one specific record lable. he scouts for ALL record lables. tehy hire him to look at a certain audition or send him to some festival to look for that special kid. another example (its just easier for you guys to believe and understand me if i have real tangible evidence... you know?! lol) DANA from CSJH was scouted by this man. (i freakin wish i knew his name... i cant remember though... ugh...) she was like 9-10 when she got scouted. this talent scout man (lol we'll call him that for awhile...) was looking around at this festival where kids came out to sing and dance and wahtnot... and he was just looking around.. CHILLING when he saw his little girl sitting in the audience looking at the stage and the people performing on it. he said the way she was looking at the stage and her twinkle in her eyes when she watched the people perform made he realize that she had something special. something no other kid her age had. and so he approached her and told her to contact him and wahtnot. and thats why Dana is where she is at. she did not even perform at the festival but she got scouted. THIS IS WHY THERE ARE KIDS THAT ARE PICKED OFF THE STREETS WITHOUT AUDITIONING! bc talent scouts just see them... even if they arent at their job. they see them. and when tehy see them, they offer them their card and they take them to whichever company they feel that they "fit" in the best. and if the talent scout is credible (like "talent scout man" lol) then even if whatever company doesnt really see talent in the kid, tehy will take the kid regardless bc the talent scout has that special 6th sense. (the talent scout may be hired by a certain company at that time to look for a specific type of person to marget and they will take them to that company then... other than that talent scouts arent really tied down by a certain company) like the talent scout man DID scout a lot of SM kids (dana, bada from ses, hwanhee from f2s) but he also scouted a kid from click-b which is DSP, and some person from YG... and another big name without the big lable... T.T ok... now on to WHY I BROUGHT THIS TOPIC UP! lol... SM will probably, along with their usual talent scout team, will hire a talent scout to watch ALL the videos with them. even if you had 10 min or 10 sec camera time. the talent scout will be able to see it. it does NOT take them more than the first glance for them to see that you have true something that the next big celeb needs. (btw, there is more than one talent scout out there... i just took "the talent scout man" as an example. there is this lady that scouted out some MAJOR named people that i cannot recall right now... T.T me and my stupid memory... sorry.)

so the talent scout man is paid to look for a specific type of kid but if he saw someone that was not really in that category but had something that he sensed. he'll prob pick that out and let everyone know. (i say "he" and "the talent scout man" but it could be really any talent scout. like that lady i previously stated... T.T)

SM IS looking for more boys bc... you guys gotta admit. YOU GIRLS ARE MORE AVID FANS AND MORE PASSIONATE about male singers. aka boy bands, etc. there ARE exceptions... BUT males ARE more profitable in the music industry. SO of COURSE they are going to look for more boys, BUT girls are NOT excluded bc a girl like boa... or SES, Big Mama, gummy, see ya, jewlery, baby vox, may show and they can't turn them down. they ARE profitable too to some certain extent. you know?

ok... this post was long. yes... but i wanted you guys to not assume the wrong and get your hopes all down. BUT I'M ALSO NOT SAYING GET YOUR HOPES UP! just read this and do/feel wahtever you want. i just wanted you guys to get your hopes UP OR DOWN with the right facts. not get your hopes up or down by knowing the wrong facts. you know? i realize that NOT ALL OF US ARE GOING TO GET IN. not all of us are going to make it into SM or any other record lable. but rather than assuming, i'm not going to make it bc they didnt call me back for private calls and they arent going to look at my video... its better to think i might have a chance because they WILL look at me and SOMEONE in that talent scout team will see me... THAT SOMETHING in my eyes and will want.. NEED to sign me. if not this audition... then next audition. if not this record company, then another record company. if not singing, then acting. if you guys REALLY want it... then others will be able to see it too. if it was REALLY meant to be... the roads have paved out for you... you just gotta find it at the right time and place. if its not meant to be... you'll realize later in life and look back and reminise the past... but be glad that you took that chance to realize that THAT career was not for you... but the career you are at now is teh right one bc you love it more and didnt realize you got such a satisfaction doing that job. WE ALL CANNOT BECOME ENTERTAINERS, but we all have that niche that we are suppose to do on this earth and will get as much or even more satisfaction of doing that than being an entertainer.

as for looks... i'm not all too sure about that either. if you guys read some of my posts, i am not the thinnest gal or the prettiest... and i've had a HUGE battle with it trying to accomodate to the record labels demands, and i've come close but not to the demand... T.T before i did it for the labels, but now i'm glad i did it because for me. i look better, clothes look better and i feel physically SO much better. ^^ so maybe i had a passion for signing with a record lable just to lose the weight. maybe God had to give me a passionate enough reason for me to lose enough weight to not danger my health because i'm suppose to perform some other sort of job on this earth. (bc my weight prior to the loss was IMMENSE. i was tipping the scale at almost 200lbs... (no joke.) my highest was 195 and CJ media contacted me after i sent them my demo and replied to me that i need to lose weight. and that i could apply again once i got down to 130lbs. now i'm around 145-150 and hoping that someone will see the effort and passion i have for the industry enough to lose that much weight in less than 3-4 months. )

shindong was "chubby" but not fat when he signed with SM. it did take him 3 auditions to get signed with SM though and bc of the gagman part of his job, i'm guessing SM is letting him keep the weight. for kangin, he was fine when he got signed but then he gained an immense amount of weight during training. and so one day he thought (for himself, not from any other sm staff) he needed to lose weight. so he lost it for himself and the job. and like xiah... he was skinny until they debuted. and the irregular meals and fastfood/junk food that they ate quickly to supress their hunger temporarily as they ran around to do their schedules, added on the pounds on xiah. SM DID NOT TELL HIM TO LOSE THE WEIGHT, THE FANS DID. the fans told him that he was gaining weight and that maybe he should go on a small diet and so xiah went on a diet and lost enough weight so the fans told him that he didnt need to lose any more wieght. so i think SM is very unpredictable with teh whole weight situation with boys... whereas girls on the other hand... you HAVE to be skinny. you may not be skinny but on the normal side when you sign with SM.. but you have to get skinny FAST and see the results ASAP once you sign with them in order for them to keep you on their contract. with girls, it is predictable... you have to be skinny or your out but that doesnt mean they only sign skinny girls. they do sign normal weight girls and make them get skinny but i've never seen the case that tehy sign a chubby girl and make her get skinny. why? i dont know... T.T

ahhh.. ok so there is my 2 cents... (more like a million dollars withe the amount i wrote right? ... lol sorry guys...) i hope this helped getting your feelings feelings the RIGHT way. get your hopes up or down... or be moderate about it like me so it wont be such a downer for you when it comes to november. but i wish you guys ALL luck in whatever endeavor you guys choose to pursue, whether it be singing, acting, modeling, vjing, mcing... or being a doctor, lawyer, accountant, police officer, secretary, home maker. i hope all of us will find that niche that we all will feel fuzzy inside just like how our favorite singers make us feel when we watch them on stage and make us want to idolize them. ^^ sorry for teh long post but i hope you guys take the time to read it bc if this means anything to you guys like it does to me... it'll mean a lot. hope i cleared some things up you guys... ^^ lets cross our fingers for november! ^^ GOOD LUCK YA'LL!! :lol:

hello...? lol

where did u get your sources..?

how do u know these things? O_O

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i also want to know where xiah got her info.

but it sounds more logical than xoxo's abrupt reasoning (which seemed like a waste of money to me).

Guest cutedorkable

lol ^agreed

but i wanna know where xiahukno got her sources!

Its sooo cool how she knows this lol

hopefully she comes on soompi

Guest lovablekrnstar63

agreed with both of you guys

at first i thought she was a representative from sm town

but i saw her username -_-

jst for future reference, guys

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE XIAHUKNO'S ENTIRE POST!

its taking up thread space

thank you

^ LOL i was about to say that.

But. what xiahukno definitely sounds.. logical.. And... although I haven't really given up hope, I have given up hope.. but I haven't relaly. LOL. But nonetheless, whether I did or didnt/have or haven't.... That definitely made my day -- whether its true or not/whether her sources are reliable or not.... T__T;

But then its sorta sad to think that they DID see me.. and yet they didnt find that thing about me that made them know I could do it. =|;

Guest luluchan

hahha that's so true what xiahuno sed~~

and yeah.. xiah was skinny --> chubby (face) --> skinny~

he's way too skinny now tho O_O ~~

well kang in too~ hie old pics are skinny and then he was fat when they debuted hah~~

oh wellz... for SURE guys are more profitable.. just LOOK @ the sales chart!! only BOY IDOLS are making $$$$$$

Guest lovablekrnstar63

HUAY:

i swear

are you my twin

you think just like me

i was nodding my head the whole time i was reading your post

freaky stuff 0.0

anyway

this question hasnt been answered yet i think:

do the people who get rejected get e-mails?

xiahukno OMG THANK U SOO MUCH! it helped me soo much! hehe just like all the other people r wondering how do u no all this?

and also i think that they R going to GO THROUGH ALL THE TAPES. cuz y would they come to America and just find like 1 or 2 people? and plus y would they waste all their money for the tapes for the video cameras, the trip to America and Canada, Rent the place for the audition, Pay for all the posters,booklets,folders and all those goodies for those people? just cuz 2 woman were their and asked u some questitions doesnt mean they r the actual judge. they mostly called the people for private auditions cuz their look or their singing,acting, or dancing... and they want to see wat else they can do.. Even though the 2 ladies saw some people they like doesnt mean the Real casting people/judges would like them.. im just guessing on all this but this might be true. and even though u think ur ugly and u might have some weight on u but the judges can see how u would look if u lost some weight and how u would look like with this and this and they see potenial in u. Also if u did bad at the audition and u think u did bad maybe some of the casting people might of liked u cuz they say o her voice is nice and if she got some vocal lessons she can get a more powerful anf stronger voice. something like that. If u think u look pretty or something but u dont have talent they still pick u cuz they might see something in u that u can work on and they can teach u ALOT of things.

Guest cutedorkable

LMAO! THIS IS SOO FREAKY I SEE THE EXACT SAME THING AS KIBUM

hehe

its true though like everything she said

I AGREE!

lol wow

Guest cystaltears

honestly... i think they're just gonna take in a FEW people.. cuz to train them..SM would need to pay for everything... food, living, lessons, etc. so if they took in only 10 people thats still a lot of money coming from their pocket..we're not talking about a short period of time..we're talking about a few yrs...SM states that they'll pay for everything... maybe thats why they only have 30 or so trainees right now?

yes, SM is rich..but i dont think it'd be very profitable for SM to take in so many people.. i dunno..its what i think..

yeah i agree with what crystal tears said... to take in so many people wouldn't be that profitable since they have to support them, and only so many people in the world can really stand out in the media business.

i have this thought in the back of my mind... that though they really are searching for new talent, they're also trying to advertise SM to north america (cause the truth is before this i've never heard of SUJU and most of the people in their company cept boa and kangta) (i'm not very updated in the k-pop scene =P)

^ i was thinking the same thing

and they let even the most horrible singers go through their song and give them a chance..can you imagine how pissy hundreds of people would be if they were rude and say, cut you off at 5 seconds??

Guest babiixxangel

the sm people at the NY auditions were nice in a way. xD

okayt sorry ii'm going off topic.

ii got a call @ 4:00 in the morning 2 DAYS ago and it was a private number. so ii coodnt call back the number and ii had A HUGE FEELING that it was sm .. but then ii questioned myself.. why did they call at 4:00 in the morning? yea, so now ii'm answering EVERY single call that's coming to my house and my cellphone. consider myself paranoid. but ii'm just really anxious now. and now in schoool ii'm getting calls from people ii don't really know. like today this person called me and ii called back the number and it was some spanish dood. but ii know its not sm because sm arent spanish people. xD

ANYWAYS.

ii sent a question pertaining to when they are going to do callbacks, and this is what they said ..

Hello.

I'm the person in charge of 06' S.M. Entertainment Global Audition (America/Canada). We thank you for considering asking for S.M. Entertainment Audition.

The result of the audition will be notified successful candidates only within 1 month.

If you don't get any notice about the audition, you don't pass.

Thank you.

maybe this will clear any uncertainy? iono.

ii'm anxious as everyone else so like yea ii'll do anythings right now ><;;

gosh another month. which means that's like a few days from now?!?!!?!?

-- OFF TOPIC --

but did you know that stella was at the New York auditions? you guys probably heard about this already. ii'm really slow person to know these kind of things. maybe this topic about this was posted iiono. ii think this cool to me. xD ii'm such a loser.

&& ii would like to share some mmoments at my auditions.

LOL. be cause ii havent posted here in a long time ><

me and my cousin auditioned. she went before me and modeled. ii was able to watch her group of auditioneers.

this guy in her group auditioned for rapping. it was really interesting.

&& when it was my turn to auditions. and ii think ii did horrible. XD

okay ii'm done sharing stories.

*runs away*

Guest cutedorkable

so if you DO make it, do they pay for everything? i'm probably guessing you have to pay a fee?

yes i beleive they do pay for EVERYTHING

Guest xxzone2zonexx

i know callbacks are kind of old news now - unless you are in canada

im not trying to squish any hopes but i don't think sm callbacks would be private calls (like the ones where the number is hidden)

becuase that doesnt make sense. why would they hide their number? to make sure we don't get paranoid and call that person back gazillion times to ask if we made it?

.....wait acutally that's a possible reason HAHA.

but still. :/

oh speaking of which, i realized i still ahve the SM callback number in my phone. im really tempted to call the number ahahahahahaha

If I had the number...lol I would call everyday!..HAhA and get to know them.....lol I know how u feel...:D

Guest babiesy

i got a call on my cell a few days ago and i didnt know the number. and when i picked there was this really annoying staticy sound ><

i had a really weird gut feeling and i thought it was from SM or something

so i tried calling back that number...

but its like.. the number doesnt exist anymore ><

cus after one ring tone it gives me like.. those dead tone sounds everytime ):

Guest cutedorkable

ANYWAYS.

ii sent a question pertaining to when they are going to do callbacks, and this is what they said ..

maybe this will clear any uncertainy? iono.

ii'm anxious as everyone else so like yea ii'll do anythings right now ><;;

Hello.

I'm the person in charge of 06' S.M. Entertainment Global Audition (America/Canada). We thank you for considering asking for S.M. Entertainment Audition.

The result of the audition will be notified successful candidates only within 1 month.

If you don't get any notice about the audition, you don't pass.

Thank you.

gosh another month. which means that's like a few days from now?!?!!?!?

lol i dunt get th part where it says 'The result of the audition will be notified successful candidates only within 1 month.'

Archived