Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억


Recommended Posts

Question: are we sure SJ is the good guy?

 

What if SJ was the one who wanted more money and was dissatisfied with Marco and the deal with CHS? He called JW saying Cha is a bad guy and told him to come to Granada just to throw JW of his tracks and also get more money. Unfortunately he went missing on the train so his plans didn't bear fruit :lol:

 

Hehe..i watch a lot of csi and criminal minds. Sometimes the one looking nice and least expected is the culprit :D

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to give my point of view about the kiss scene . For me it’s not forced or just inserted to satisfy the fans but there’s a reason behind . At that point of Jin woo’s  world is collapsing .

SJJ should be banned from writing. She's a mess. I'm so disappointed now. Psycho writer!!!!  The leads didn’t end meet at the end and barely had screentime lol.Worst ending ever.     Where a

Lol.   This knetz summary is spot on:   9. [+124,-12] <Summary for the episode>As long as it's Hyun Bin...... Even if he becomes a game addict, he made her brother disappear,

Posted Images

8 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

 

Agreed! MotA has loopholes and some are too glaring to ignore.

 

Anyways, I dont find it believable that SJ is master nor do i believe that master knows what on earth is happening in the game or whoever leveled up. Huhu

 

The main issue i have with the game is i dont know which version is which. The development team is developing the game, supposedly from scratch with none of the original NPCs. But the scoreboard has Marco and Master and also JW, which means that this is also the original game. Games dont usually have cumulative scoreboards especially if its from different developers.

 

oh no, development team is building but superimposing them on the original game, they mentioned that they are not able to alter the original code and because of copyright/patent stuff, pretty sure they have to go about this way instead of launching their own game wtih the exact same theme

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Question: are we sure SJ is the good guy?

 

What if SJ was the one who wanted more money and was dissatisfied with Marco and the deal with CHS? He called JW saying Cha is a bad guy and told him to come to Granada just to throw JW of his tracks and also get more money. Unfortunately he went missing on the train so his plans didn't bear fruit :lol:

 

Hehe..i watch a lot of csi and criminal minds. Sometimes the one looking nice and least expected is the culprit :D

1. He belongs to SM Entertainment

2. He belongs to the highest money making idol group SM Entertainment has

 

Yes, pretty sure he isn't the bad guy :) PSH has more chances of being an evil woman :P

Instead, think about the "oppa" following PSH from granada to korea and as per preview again to granada

 

awesome that's spoiler BTS,

 

so it means SJ is actually at Marco's place and HB went there!

Basically, rehash of what we saw at the platform - he is there but HB can't see him

 

Maybe SJ has shielded himself from other players :)

 

1 hour ago, dramaobsessed said:

 @wenchanteur@stargazer187 Interesting conversation, you two are having, I wanted to add in my own two cents but since it's a bit out of topic I have added it in the spoiler below:

 

 

  Hide contents
  Hide contents

 @stargazer187 you said In real life no woman would fall for a guy if he constantly shows rejection and ignores her. Trust me, it only happens in dramaland.

 

 

 

@stargazer187 Not true.

@dramaobsessed concur with your view

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This drama is pretty entertaining and has a great idea to work with but man… the whole game development aspect is just impossible to take seriously. Personally I try very hard to ignore basically everything they show about game dev but I still find myself cringing and saying “That’s not how it’s done” more that I’d like to. :joy: I’ll rant/leave a bit of insight about the development aspect below.

 

  •  A game of such scale is impossible to reverse engineer and get a fully functional product. In this day and age we still don’t have means to perfectly reverse engineer such big games. Even when you do it with much smaller programs, what you get in the end is a lot of junk code that’s almost impossible to decipher. You still need to do a massive amount of work to get even a part of the code working. So I assume they either have the source code or some documentation to at least build on top of the product (still impossible for such a big game that uses never developed before technology).
  • The fact that two people (no matter how genius they are) have developed such a massive game in such a short time is c.r.a.z.y., absolutely ridiculous and not realistic. :lol: Please don’t think that’s how it is in the real world otherwise new massive games would be popping every two years and developers wouldn’t be working insane hours (a serious concern in the industry BTW).
  • About HJ being the shield for JW – I think it’s plausible. This game relies heavily on visual processing, where it adjusts according to the surroundings. So if we have Emma in game as a non-killable/essential healer NPC then HJ might be recognized as her by other NPCs/enemies (if we go with the theory that the game relies on visual recognition, processing and rendering). In some games when the players interact with essential NPCs they won’t get attacked. 
  • Another interesting thing is what will happen if and when HJ joins the game. There’s going to be 2 Emmas basically and that might cause a huge glitch in game. In games when you clone an NPC the behavior of the game becomes unpredictable, though that’s heavily dependent of how the game was written. For the game in the drama it could go however the writer wants it to go.
  • A few pages back someone asked why anyone would make a game where you have to kill your friends that play with you and why SJ would kill Marco. PVP (Player versus Player) is a huge aspect or RPG games. When you have progressed in game and basically finished all the quest lines then PVP becomes your main entertainment where you can compete with other players. Some stay specifically for PVP. SJ could’ve killed Marco unintentionally. Keep in mind, those two were the only developers and testers for the game. With NPCs it was easy to test the game but for PVP Marco and SJ were the only players, so they would’ve needed to test PVP combat between themselves. While testing Marco could’ve lost his marbles and SJ might’ve killed him, thinking that it would be simple in-game kill but Marco ended up dead for real. It seems like the game glitches when it comes to PVP combat. This is a huge concern and it’s strange that JW’s company hasn’t tested PVP combat before releasing it for random testers. From what I understood those weren’t the company’s employees but random gamers preselected to test the game. This fact is ridiculous yet again. For such a huge game it wouldn’t be on the market or released for user testing before extensive testing was done by testers themeselves.
  • The fact that game devs haven’t found zombie Cha glitch in game is partially JW’s fault. For them to fix the glitch they need to know that such a bug exists in the first place, then reproduce the problem, then analyze where could be the problem and lastly search-search-search the depths of code. If they don’t have the source code, they are doomed. Even if JW was afraid of appearing crazy to his employees, he could’ve simply told them that after PVP combat the game created an exact copy of the killed player and glitched. Seriously, a lot of drama could’ve been avoided if he told his team to investigate PVP  code. The devs would’ve formed an alliance with JW, saw zombie Cha and went to investigate what the heck is wrong with the code. They have such a big company and so many resources to look into that… But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to write it down so that I can enjoy the rest of the drama in peace. :kiss_wink:

  • Like 12
  • LOL 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

omg omg, my previous post was using my google account!!  After so many tries, I am back with my previous username. 

I am completely addicted to this drama. I went to sleep with watching back a few scenes. Rrrr.. Most of them our CEO with HJ scenes of course. 

 

I am glad I am not a gamers. My free times has been taken over by dramas. I'm waiting for any spoiler... Hee. 

I dont mind overlooking the logic, as long as the story resolved. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

 @wenchanteur@stargazer187 Interesting conversation, you two are having, I wanted to add in my own two cents but since it's a bit out of topic I have added it in the spoiler below:

 

 

  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I always like to hear a male perspective of things thanks for sharing @wenchanteur 

I just wanted to add my own perspective concerning the male and female relationship dynamic concerning this statement @wenchanteur said Falling in love by the force of time and requests is for me a typically feminine behaviour.   and @stargazer187 you said In real life no woman would fall for a guy if he constantly shows rejection and ignores her. Trust me, it only happens in dramaland.

 

IMO and my experience there are actually many women who fall in love with guys who constantly show rejection and ignore them, usually these women have low self esteem they view this type of behavior from a man as a challenge and they try to continue to "pursue" the man in an effort to "win him over" This is because these women believe in earning a man's love instead of being loved unconditionally.

 

If the man finally gives in, they get their self worth from the fact that the man finally "gave in". There are also men who actually do play the game and use this weakness as a tactic they prey on the woman by pretending to ignore and reject women who are like that so that the woman falls even more and more deeply in love with him, but most of the time these type of men are narcissistic, abusive and toxic and use this pull and push method as a way to make the women feel like they need to compete and earn the love....In reality both these are unhealthy toxic behaviors that healthy men and healthy women do not posses but they do exist.

I don't know how to do these hidden contents, I'm sorry.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

1. He belongs to SM Entertainment

2. He belongs to the highest money making idol group SM Entertainment has

 

Yes, pretty sure he isn't the bad guy :) PSH has more chances of being an evil woman :P

Instead, think about the "oppa" following PSH from granada to korea and as per preview again to granada

 

 

Haha. I thought maybe his fans would be happy if he's the villain. Its a much more significant role and a plot twist. Which fans might be happy about. Disclaimer: I'm aware of exo, but i'm not a fan, nor do i know all the members or songs :sweatingbullets:

 

21 minutes ago, nateko said:

But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

This is so true!

 

Thanks @nateko for sharing your insights. Your explanation makes so much sense and its understable to a non-gamer like me (the only game i'm playing now is PoGo hahaha)

 

It is plausible that the game recognizes HJ as NPC emma hence she became an obstacle between JW and zombie cha. I've never thought of this before :D

 

And i agree that JW should have told his dev team to look into PvP instead of going incognito trying to level up in the game and fight alone. In some sense he is actually running away from his job. He took the easy road by using his position as CEO to put a halt on the release without concrete explanation, he could  have share what he found out in the game and allow his team to make an alliance with him to figure out the problem. He shared minimal feedback like the slight reaction delay of his gun (which i think he did to humble brag about his high game level :lol:) but disregarded the main problem.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

 @wenchanteur@stargazer187 Interesting conversation, you two are having, I wanted to add in my own two cents but since it's a bit out of topic I have added it in the spoiler below:

 

 

  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I always like to hear a male perspective of things thanks for sharing @wenchanteur 

I just wanted to add my own perspective concerning the male and female relationship dynamic concerning this statement @wenchanteur said Falling in love by the force of time and requests is for me a typically feminine behaviour.   and @stargazer187 you said In real life no woman would fall for a guy if he constantly shows rejection and ignores her. Trust me, it only happens in dramaland.

 

IMO and my experience there are actually many women who fall in love with guys who constantly show rejection and ignore them, usually these women have low self esteem they view this type of behavior from a man as a challenge and they try to continue to "pursue" the man in an effort to "win him over" This is because these women believe in earning a man's love instead of being loved unconditionally.

 

If the man finally gives in, they get their self worth from the fact that the man finally "gave in". There are also men who actually do play the game and use this weakness as a tactic they prey on the woman by pretending to ignore and reject women who are like that so that the woman falls even more and more deeply in love with him, but most of the time these type of men are narcissistic, abusive and toxic and use this pull and push method as a way to make the women feel like they need to compete and earn the love....In reality both these are unhealthy toxic behaviors that healthy men and healthy women do not posses but they do exist.

 

Spoiler

Yeah, there are a lot of people who go after enigmatic and mysterious people. I personally don't like such people. It is so difficult and tiring to second guess another person.

In my opinion, such guys/girls with enigmatic persona or the mystery airs are afraid to show their real personality in front of others. They feel like they won't be appreciated if they show the real self and they also enjoy the attention they get by being elusive. It is possible that I am generalizing but most of the time such people are really twisted or richard simmons up inside. 

So guys and girls go for sensible and simple people but of course with some character depth.

 

Not directly related to MOA but in response to the topic. I am sorry that it is irrelevant to the topic of this thread.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ned_lee oh my gamer friend...yes I tend to cheat in some of the games I play too..Pokemon Go is one then I got banned HAHAHA! no more Pokemon go now. :P 

But with this game Im sure if it releases people will find a way to hack it so they can cheat and level up quickly.... it seems very difficult and tiring to level up lol!

 

52 minutes ago, nateko said:

A few pages back someone asked why anyone would make a game where you have to kill your friends that play with you and why SJ would kill Marco. PVP (Player versus Player) is a huge aspect or RPG games. When you have progressed in game and basically finished all the quest lines then PVP becomes your main entertainment where you can compete with other players. Some stay specifically for PVP. SJ could’ve killed Marco unintentionally. Keep in mind, those two were the only developers and testers for the game. With NPCs it was easy to test the game but for PVP Marco and SJ were the only players, so they would’ve needed to test PVP combat between themselves. While testing Marco could’ve lost his marbles and SJ might’ve killed him, thinking that it would be simple in-game kill but Marco ended up dead for real. It seems like the game glitches when it comes to PVP combat. This is a huge concern and it’s strange that JW’s company hasn’t tested PVP combat before releasing it for random testers. From what I understood those weren’t the company’s employees but random gamers preselected to test the game. This fact is ridiculous yet again. For such a huge game it wouldn’t be on the market or released for user testing before extensive testing was done by testers themeselves.

Sorry to cut short your post but I think I posed this question in my previous post on the PVP mode of the game.  I agree PVP mode can be just as fun - Eg. Street Fighter and other games which allows you to verse other players. So it is possible for SJ and Marco to just test this game and the PVP mode. Just tragically Marco was killed by SJ in the game which somehow killed him in real life too. If this did happen, Marco would be like a Zombie Cha and if thats the case SJ should be still playing the game as he would be constantly haunted by Marco. JW's I.T guys should also be able to see that SJ has logged in. This didnt happen as both Marco and SJ havent logged into the game for over a year. Thats why I dont think Marco turned out to be a zombie. 

The game is crazy dangerous thats why JW doesnt want it to be launched yet Park and Prof Cha feel otherwise. BTW were you able to tell what the goal of this game might be? Im still puzzled on that. Is it to be of the highest level? :crazy: I dont think it was mentioned right?

 

Anyway just sharing some beautiful gifs.

 

The moment JW saw Emma nawwww I think this made him miss HJ more thats why he went to see her. :wub:

 

3nf5sKd.gif

 

and if looks could kill, this would do the trick. Obviously JW doesnt want the world to see Emma or HJ :lol: Jealous JW, now I wouldnt mind seeing that again :lol:

Vr3Op0B.gif

gif credit.  zsinz7

 

It's only Friday, we still have one more day to go to see him tenderly ask her, "Why do you trust me?"

ME: SQUEEEE "because your Hyun Bin, I mean Jin Woo"  :heart::wub:

 

v7KoJus.gif

credit bin앓이  빈오빠의 영원한팬ㅎㅎ @didrms00790

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites

The scene in Granada in that antique shop, it wasnt funny, but it 

made me laugh.

When HJ asked JW what he is doing, and he responded seriously

that he is practicing throwing the ninja stars. :D

I assume that the both ex wives would run away and yell that he is crazy.

But, not HJ, she just stood there speechless.  

  • Like 7
  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

The game is crazy dangerous thats why JW doesnt want it to be launched yet Park and Prof Cha feel otherwise. BTW were you able to tell what the goal of this game might be? Im still puzzled on that. Is it to be of the highest level? :crazy: I dont think it was mentioned right?

I'm pretty sure there should be a quest line and a story in place, otherwise, it's such a lousy and boring game. Level up as the main purpose is a no-no. :D  The drama hasn't addressed it yet but hopefully, soon enough we'll get to know more about the purpose of the game since SJ and JW's meeting should happen in the next few episodes. Hopefully, the writer will show SJ's motivation to make the game.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

 

Is SJ out in the real world? Or is he stuck in the game. He was flickering when he was at laying at the train station just like zombie cha and JW couldnt even see him. If he's stuck in the game there is in no way he can develop a way to communicate with whoever that reaches level 90. Otherwise you are suggesting this was all predicted and created before SJ went missing, before Marco and CHS died and also before JW being involved in all of this.

 

Seems like he is stuck in the game, lying low. Most of his PC gear was taken to Korean when the family moved. He was probably trying different things to get out and comes across a new player leveling up. Also, since  he was injured after his fight on the train, some time might have passed to give him time to recover. I wont be surprised if he ended up in some remote church or village to recuperate for most of the year.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, the game is safe to play. Unless you have grudge and have a duel with real person. 

In that case, if J One still want to launch the game, they have to disable the duel function with real player. And please, let the map site used is remote, away from traffic. We dont want anybody to be rundown by a motorist, aren't we? 

It has been long since I've been counting days... Waiting patiently for next episode... Huuuu... 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nateko said:

This drama is pretty entertaining and has a great idea to work with but man… the whole game development aspect is just impossible to take seriously. Personally I try very hard to ignore basically everything they show about game dev but I still find myself cringing and saying “That’s not how it’s done” more that I’d like to. :joy: I’ll rant/leave a bit of insight about the development aspect below.

 

  •  A game of such scale is impossible to reverse engineer and get a fully functional product. In this day and age we still don’t have means to perfectly reverse engineer such big games. Even when you do it with much smaller programs, what you get in the end is a lot of junk code that’s almost impossible to decipher. You still need to do a massive amount of work to get even a part of the code working. So I assume they either have the source code or some documentation to at least build on top of the product (still impossible for such a big game that uses never developed before technology).
  • The fact that two people (no matter how genius they are) have developed such a massive game in such a short time is c.r.a.z.y., absolutely ridiculous and not realistic. :lol: Please don’t think that’s how it is in the real world otherwise new massive games would be popping every two years and developers wouldn’t be working insane hours (a serious concern in the industry BTW).
  • About HJ being the shield for JW – I think it’s plausible. This game relies heavily on visual processing, where it adjusts according to the surroundings. So if we have Emma in game as a non-killable/essential healer NPC then HJ might be recognized as her by other NPCs/enemies (if we go with the theory that the game relies on visual recognition, processing and rendering). In some games when the players interact with essential NPCs they won’t get attacked. 
  • Another interesting thing is what will happen if and when HJ joins the game. There’s going to be 2 Emmas basically and that might cause a huge glitch in game. In games when you clone an NPC the behavior of the game becomes unpredictable, though that’s heavily dependent of how the game was written. For the game in the drama it could go however the writer wants it to go.
  • A few pages back someone asked why anyone would make a game where you have to kill your friends that play with you and why SJ would kill Marco. PVP (Player versus Player) is a huge aspect or RPG games. When you have progressed in game and basically finished all the quest lines then PVP becomes your main entertainment where you can compete with other players. Some stay specifically for PVP. SJ could’ve killed Marco unintentionally. Keep in mind, those two were the only developers and testers for the game. With NPCs it was easy to test the game but for PVP Marco and SJ were the only players, so they would’ve needed to test PVP combat between themselves. While testing Marco could’ve lost his marbles and SJ might’ve killed him, thinking that it would be simple in-game kill but Marco ended up dead for real. It seems like the game glitches when it comes to PVP combat. This is a huge concern and it’s strange that JW’s company hasn’t tested PVP combat before releasing it for random testers. From what I understood those weren’t the company’s employees but random gamers preselected to test the game. This fact is ridiculous yet again. For such a huge game it wouldn’t be on the market or released for user testing before extensive testing was done by testers themeselves.
  • The fact that game devs haven’t found zombie Cha glitch in game is partially JW’s fault. For them to fix the glitch they need to know that such a bug exists in the first place, then reproduce the problem, then analyze where could be the problem and lastly search-search-search the depths of code. If they don’t have the source code, they are doomed. Even if JW was afraid of appearing crazy to his employees, he could’ve simply told them that after PVP combat the game created an exact copy of the killed player and glitched. Seriously, a lot of drama could’ve been avoided if he told his team to investigate PVP  code. The devs would’ve formed an alliance with JW, saw zombie Cha and went to investigate what the heck is wrong with the code. They have such a big company and so many resources to look into that… But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to write it down so that I can enjoy the rest of the drama in peace. :kiss_wink:

 

Love your entire reply! Yes, for the sake creative license, they have taken too many liberties. I think they got the source codes / access to SeJoo's server when JinWoo asked to use a good performance PC when he was at the hostel rather than reverse engineering the whole thing - They definitely have access to his email.

 

I especially like your rationale about why HeeJoo is about to block NPC Cha. I personally don't think HJ will join the game, for one thing she isn't a gamer and another is that I doubt JW will let her join. He isn't even letting Director Park form an alliance with him to prove his own sanity. I do understand your point about NPC Cha being huge bug in the game but one might say he doesn't want to open a can of worms by indicating that he killed a person - It might a negatively affect himself and the company. Another alternate possibility is that on JinWoo's orders, the lead programmer actually deleted NPC Emma and HJ would have to participate to act as the Healer. Either scenarios would be interesting! 

 

I personally do not want a magical or supernatural explanation for this drama - would be a cop out! In a way, most people think JinWoo has caused all the issues, but the real person responsible for this entire drama is SeJoo - he wrote the bloody game and went MIA!

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

The scene in Granada in that antique shop, it wasnt funny, but it 

made me laugh.

When HJ asked JW what he is doing, and he responded seriously

that he is practicing throwing the ninja stars. :D

I assume that the both ex wives would run away and yell that he is crazy.

But, not HJ, she just stood there speechless.  

 

I lauged at that scene too. HJ’s expression was like “What ninja stars?” or “he’s definitely gone crazy.” While JW is like “if you think I’m crazy, you can leave” but she didn’t leave, she only showed concerns and cared for his health. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Ah... I see. I guess we have different view in this. You don't have to agree with me. :)

It's not about having an opinion. It's the certainty that you use in your statement and that is incorrect for multiple reasons.

1. You possibly could not have done research on a varied sample to put forth a point as if its true

2. Abundance of data in psychology that suggests otherwise

 

What you can say is "you think", but you cannot tell a third person "Let me tell you" - for a cetainity and misguide and also willingly or non willingly become a party to shaping someone's bias towards people

 

39 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

 

I lauged at that scene too. HJ’s expression was like “What ninja stars?” or “he’s definitely gone crazy.” While JW is like “if you think I’m crazy, you can leave” but she didn’t leave, she only showed concerns and cared for his health. 

Not really,

seo had already informed HJ that JW was having hallucinations and doctor has advised to not stress him out. Seo gave her very specific instruction on playing along!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nateko said:

… But, if it’s not a bug in game than it’s simply magic, no other explanation…

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to write it down so that I can enjoy the rest of the drama in peace. :kiss_wink:

That's what i have been saying,

writer mid way changed her plan or other people did..

she definitely was planning the magic route but i guess rest of the team is at odds about it so now they are trying ot make sense out of it.. and the same rules that applied in iniitial episodes, don't apply now.

 

E.g. what was SJ running from when there were so many humans around. The "duel" would have ended automatically

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..