[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

58 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

I agreed. And this professor seems suspicious. Since the actor SUS keeps playing evil roles so here I can't think him other than he's plotting to  revenge later. Like he might realize something went off and JW is no longer to be his favorite. He just makes me anxious. 

I like their scenes tho even it's sad for JW. Idk I just love seeing HB acting melo like this. It reminds me how great his acting in his old movie 'A Millionaire's First Love'. The way JW responds coldy to HJ's phone call. "I'm not okay. Will you come here again if I say so? No, you don't have to come" Clearly describes his true feeling which he hides from her. It breaks my heart when he was alone in that house. The sad look in his eyes.. gahhh... I want ep 7 now!! 

Yes, so true.

JW was trying to look calm, and like everything is fine.

And the only thing he wanted was for HJ to stay.

She wanted to stay with him even more.

But that friend of hers simply made her leave.

• Like 12

Can I just thank everyone here for uploading amazing gifs and pics:) I mean seriously the only way I am able to wait for 6 days till the next episode is aired is because of you guys. Everytime I crave for another PSH and Hyun Bin moment, all I have to do is login to soompi and there is always a new gif/comment on them. I just love how everyone here is just as crazy as me to want to see more of their romance. So a BIG THANK YOU to everyone!!!

• Like 9

Nobody gonna talk about the fact that WJ kept looking at the chair HJ was sitting on after she left?? :heartbreak:

Even when he was hiding under his covers (terrified) thinking HS is back to kill him!

I honestly think he's not putting much thought into 'feelings' for HJ at this point because he's just not in the correct state of mind right now. At first I was kinda confused that he seemed genuinely surprised whenever HJ's sister tells him her sister has feelings for him or that he didn't want anybody else by his side when he was passed out. Maybe due to his past two failed marriages, he's just void of feelings (romantic ones)...for now.

• Like 11

25 minutes ago, blademan said:

Nobody gonna talk about the fact that WJ kept looking at the chair HJ was sitting on after she left?? :heartbreak:

Even when he was hiding under his covers (terrified) thinking SH is back to kill him!

I honestly think he's not putting much thought into 'feelings' for HJ at this point because he's just not in the correct state of mind right now. At first I was kinda confused that he seemed genuinely surprised whenever HJ's sister tells him her sister has feelings for him or that he didn't want anybody else by his side when he was passed out. Maybe due to his past two failed marriages, he's just void of feelings (romantic ones)...for now.

Yes he tries so hard to hold himself together and try to be brave it's so pitiful to see. I find it poignant to see him gazing at an empty chair longingly. At this point, I think he was not only thinking about HJ consciously as a woman but as his savior in the nightmare.  

• Like 11

Waiting to see how the move to Korea will affect HJ. Living in Granada since childhood , in a total different culture, society, different values , where women and men are seeing quiet equal, she feels loved,  appreaciated, respected, and accepted by all, the way she is, an  open mind person, kind free spirit , openly show her emotions without restrain, to the point that she run after her crash(?), perhaps to confess(?), and nobody cares, critized, or judge . How HJ will be in Korea? What changes will we see?  Curious and anxious!

Shin Hye’s portray of HJ is really amazing. All the criticism that is going around about her acting in this drama, just tells how good of a job she is doing in portraying HJ, totally immerse, and dragging the viewers with her. Amazing! It is not easy to realize and/or understand that. This writer is indeed fabulous, and the Director and production team together with the casts are doing a great job! 

It is a phenomenon happening in dramaland, and the world love it! . :D  

• Like 8

15 hours ago, siddy09 said:

IDK..but I can't say about how the game killed them in real life. Maybe that's where real world and AR world is merging..I have kind of accepted the theory that JW himself gave..that he killed CHS with his sword and the murder will remain mysterious to the real world because they can not see the game world. Lol..will anyone believe JW if the reason he gives for CHS death is a game duel which ended up in death. I suppose no, hence its a mysterious death. Though I am not sure why Prof.Cha talked about conducting a autopsy when they never intended to do so..I guess writer also wants us to believe JW's reasoning and put all other facts under the rug..-_-

I's hard to digest that as a father, Prof. Cha would just let the autopsy (for his own son) slide away just because he wants to protect his company or protect the image of JW.

It's hard to accept the concept of 3rd party involvement in the AR game (like sabotaging the other player) can kill a person. I mean, virtually fighting in the game... your character can die but your not your body, right?? - :unsure: Yet, physically SeJoo's body disappear?

Just because Kdrama can be full of surprises - I want to suspect CHS's wife - SuJin. There are scenes where SJ cries in front of her father in law/ in front of JW or while CHS and SJ fight - throwing wine on the wall - Even when CHS questioned her about the accidental meeting of SJ and JW, SuJin got too emotional . Is SJ under stress with JW during her first marriage or CHS also abuse her emotionally? Pregnancy blues? Does SJ hate JW? We don't know the real reason SJ left JW for CHS .

Did something happened before the duel CHS with SJ. Could SuJin followed CHS that night ... or her subordinate or ....Marco physically came after the duel?

I'm still thinking about Overdose/Poisoning tho.

* Only Park Sun Ho believes that JW some kind of guilty of CHS death after witnessing JW's threat towards CHS.

But,.... if this drama is about an AR game, or W type of fantasy drama,  I have to wait for the return of SeJoo's Factor X or Mr X villain explanation patiently.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

I's hard to digest that as a father, Prof. Cha would just let the autopsy (for his own son) slide away just because he wants to protect his company or protect the image of JW.

Could it be that Dr. CHS is not tge real son of The Prof? Why did the 2nd wife of JW taunt the prof with it?

• Like 4

Wow... what a novel approach to thinking about guilt, personal demons, second/third chances, and addiction. I can see the fingerprints of Nine's writer in this and resonances of Nine's big themes in this. I have no idea as to the mechanics of why CHS died in the real world... and keep making his appearance as the undead... I have a few theories...  But thematically it feels like the game is a place in which players come to grips with their own insecurities, their emotional baggage and their past sins. Gaming is addictive not only because the player is made to feel that they have something to prove but it creates a world anyone who perseveres enough can be a hero of their own making. It isn't just escapism... it's about egoism too. Control and lack of control. That's why it's so powerful and stirs up deep emotions.

The exchange between CHS and JW was very telling as they faced off and duelled off. (Reminded me in part of my Monkey Island days... I'm not much of a gamer anymore. Usually I'm nagging at others to turn off these days.) A bit of trash talk mixed in with genuine anger. So much unresolved tension lying thickly between them that you could cut it with one of those fancy swords they were brandishing. Betrayal, adultery... was it so simple? Probably not. But inexcusable nonetheless. I don't think any of the parties involved was innocent. The game could have been a great opportunity for the two men to clear the air,  but that requires a lot more humility than either of them were prepared to show. I tend to think that CHS continued appearance is less a glitch in the server than something symbolic of regret and guilt. A ghost from the past and an unresolved issue that keep surfacing because the victory is pyrrhic. Because destroying your opponent doesn't really deal with why two people who were besties became rivals in the first place.

It isn't that YJW lacks self-awareness. He has it in cynical cavalier fashion. Which hides his vulnerable side. The charm of YJW lies in his blunt, arrogant honesty and his ability to take as much as he dishes out. For me at least. I believed it when CHS said that he was a terrible husband. I don't doubt it. But he has his good qualities too. He certainly didn't need to give HJ ten billion won but he did partly he saw the value of the merchandise. I'm sure HJ would have parted with the hostel for much less than that. Even in her ignorance of what her brother was up to, JW did the right thing by her. Of course, JW isn't entirely forthcoming but if he were really evil CEO of Big Corporate, he wouldn't have made such a handsome offer. When he wants to be sweet, he can be but when he feels like it, his sharp tongue gives sway.

It's nice to see the female lead catch a break this early in the piece. Hope it lasts. I don't think I've ever seen PSH in anything before. Not normally a fan of her drama choices. But she's a nice foil to HB's JW. I wondered while watching Episodes 3 and 4 if her brother created the game to help her rediscover her dream and find romance. With the "winner" perhaps? ;)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

It's hard to accept the concept of 3rd party involvement in the AR game (like sabotaging the other player) can kill a person. I mean, virtually fighting in the game... your character can die but your not your body, right?? - :unsure: Yet, physically SeJoo's body disappear?

Just because Kdrama can be full of surprises - I want to suspect CHS's wife - SuJin. There are scenes where SJ cries in front of her father in law/ in front of JW or while CHS and SJ fight - throwing wine on the wall - Even when CHS questioned her about the accidental meeting of SJ and JW, SuJin got too emotional . Is SJ under stress with JW during her first marriage or CHS also abuse her emotionally? Pregnancy blues? Does SJ hate JW? We don't know the real reason SJ left JW for CHS .

Did something happened before the duel CHS with SJ. Could SuJin followed CHS that night ... or her subordinate or ....Marco physically came after the duel?

I'm still thinking about Overdose/Poisoning tho.

* Only Park Sun Ho believes that JW some kind of guilty of CHS death after witnessing JW's threat towards CHS.

But,.... if this drama is about an AR game, or W type of fantasy drama,  I have to wait for the return of SeJoo's Factor X or Mr X villain explanation patiently.

dieing is perfectly explainable only if they don't put this bleeding angle to it..

- suicide , heart attack - both work

- there was this game in news a few years back and was driving its players to commit suicide and real life violence (sthg BLUE.. can't recollect), and ofcourse you can always link electric signals from AR devices killing people

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's nice to see the female lead catch a break this early in the piece. Hope it lasts

you seem so happy with this? you come here just to especially to make this comment, right? you terrible person. 

20 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

she's a nice foil to HB's JW

I know you are not her fan. but can you respect her? she a person. not somekind object. I don't like you use word " nice foil" for her. Please learn to respect a personm And respect & appreciate her hard work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:kiss_wink:

Wow Today's episode is special

I was thinking if SJ asking help of his sister HJ through JW I mean ; why SJ call JW at the midnight and tell him meet me at hotel and at the same time he chased by someone in the game and the possibility of coming back is less than 5% ,did he want JW to  tell HJ about SJ  call and the game may she can do something   . It is just thinking ^_^

To @40somethingahjumma you are woman right ! So be respectful seriously  bcz she is a park shin hye that you don't like you have to ignore rather than to be rude and disrespectful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1