[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Wow, now I really think that I did great subscribing to Netflix.. this drama got me hooked and its just what 3 eps :o

Cool listening to SH speaking in Spanish and the last frame of next ep teaser had me floored :wub:

Btw, hi to my last drama classmates @nonski and @Kasmic .. its been a while ^_^

• Like 4

Oh wow. Ep 3 ending was awesome. It made me want to know what happens next. From the looks of it, the game is very dangerous if one can actually kill without realising. 

@ned_lee i'm happy i have netflix too. Initially i subscribed for the free trial, but i forgot to unsubscribe hahaha

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Wow this game is really something!! now that Hyung-seok mentioned Marco, I knew he had to do something with the game!! Maybe he is the one who made it this dangerous and not Seju?! But isn't it weird that he died this early and he is a main character .. he will definitely come back but how idk? is he really dead or is it temporarily, for idk how many hours, or a day and he will comeback?!

------

• Like 7

hello..hi everyone..

i'm new in this thread.

i'm totally excited with this drama because of the writer.

her 'W' was masterpiece!!!

luckily i didn't terminate my netflix account

I already watch all 3 episodes.

I already expected that the marco guy will have to do with seju's game but didn't expect he was the one contact 

Cha Hyung Seok. seems like marco really a hacker.

And is the Cha guy really dead? during the game?

Then, Seju also died? before this, when they play with the game character, they just log out after died right?

maybe they died if play with real player? but that Cha guy is the main character..is it too early to die?

wow...too many questions? :crazy:

this is just my theory regarding jinwoo & seju train secne.

Maybe when the level is up, the year or time in granada game is leveled up.

the 1st level was year 1492, after leveled up to level 5, the granada game will be 1500 and so on.

that's why we can see the character in jinwoo game was wearing modern cloth and hold gun.

• Like 7

ok preview, binnie rain drenched.. meaning 3 things

1. he looks super hot

2. game on

3. someone else, and a friend player has entered the game  - heeju :P 

4. What happens when same face people meet - heeju<> emma

5. Somehow hee ju also has to be the cheat code of this game

6. i hope cha died because he lost his business and not because of the game :(

A = guy on phone = we already know he is a hacker..

could he be involved? we don't have a clear villain for now right..

who is marco?

1 hour ago, eimimie said:

Maybe when the level is up, the year or time in granada game is leveled up.

the 1st level was year 1492, after leveled up to level 5, the granada game will be 1500 and so on.

that's why we can see the character in jinwoo game was wearing modern cloth and hold gun.

you got a point there

also, the game buffers :P

so there is a central server, they need to find it = the portal.. but i hope she doesn't turn this into W where they can't switch off the server only and need the hacker to weave in magic by hacking the server

come to think of it.. series just started looking predictable when i compare it with W.. we didn't exactly have a villain there.. but the tablet wouldn't turn off so all characters were forced to play both worlds

• Like 3

Aloha amigas:) 

If only Heejoo knew the leverage she has on Jinwoo :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: it will buy her lots of time, no pun intended, hers' was way funny :D:lol:

6 hours ago, nonski said:

Hello chingus!

nice to see you amiga! We sorely missed Dr. Yoo Hyejung eh?

On 12/8/2018 at 2:45 AM, wenchanteur said:

In the first case, it is more important that the story follows the course it must follow, rather than creating unnecessary scenes for a character that we will certainly see more later, and who I am sure will be of great importance.
In the second case, the position of president is largely justified by the plot, and it is not just "one more president" to satisfy a sentimental comedy.

@wenchanteur apparently those "critics" have limited eyesight :P :rolleyes:

On 12/8/2018 at 2:45 AM, wenchanteur said:

But what about Alhambra?!
A once again absurd explanation would be a little repetitive in relation to "W".
What will be the explanation of this VR world? Will this be based on a totally physically conceivable explanation (even if a little exaggerated)?

9 hours ago, nrllee said:

I don't admit to know how far this writer will take the merging of the virtual with the real.  Like you said, she could deliver some sort of supernatural element into it to justify it.  Or she could delve into mind over matter...like schizophrenia?  Where your mind is so consumed with the game that you really believe yourself living in it - a kind of brainwashing of sorts.  Anyway, that's my thoughts on AR and VR in general.  May or may not play much in this drama.

For me, so far...somewhere along the line of W, still...remains to be seen. Writer SJJ  may surprise us after her experience on W :blink:

@jeijei thanks! for the short historical background. it will be handy in decoding the puzzle ;) and noted on our house rules.

• Like 6

Stills of Emma - she looks like a Goddess

Dt7DY4rU4AAZ4pb.jpg

Spoiler

Dt7DZ5gVYAAuN7p.jpg

Dt6DAiNW0AAkiR3.jpg

Dt6nmaIWsAA98Vj.jpg

Dt7DddkVYAA4QkP.jpg

even the director looks like his mesmerised - WELL DONE PSH!!! :heart: 

Dt6oJYKUUAIsFzh.jpg

Dt6oKB1U4AAdgcI.jpg

ratings : on average 6.95% and peaking to 8%

credit link source twitter.com/YYSY_

Spoiler

Dt7XSyfUcAEBigD.jpg

Dt7XjPUV4AABm_Q.jpg

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Ok I just woke up. Thanks, folks, for observing our house rules. 

Anyway, back to my musings, I haven't watched Ep. 3 yet. The following are all speculations. So how does history connect with our present reality?

If they are playing the same game, the game story must span the course of Spanish history. The train level must involve terrorists. It is plausible that the game developer connects it with the 1492 events. 

Intel introduced the concept of merged reality (MR), where VR elements coexist with the physical reality. This must explain the "magic" of Granada. 

The Alhambra means "the red one" Guess who's wearing read.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

DRAMA: MEMORIES OF THE ALHAMBRA EP. 3

Original Article: [sports choseon] 'Memories Of The Alhambra' Hyunbin, Park Shinhye Signs Contract --- Park Hoon Dies 'Shocked'

2018120901000579400042042_20181208231621161.jpg?type=w540

2018120901000579400042041_20181208231621144.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-08%2Bat%2B10.33.53%2BPM.png
1. +1940, -40 Daebak plot twist! I didn't even think about it seriously
2. +1405, -31 Wow so when you get stabbed you really die ㄷ ㄷ The scenario written by Song Jaejung writer-nim is daebak, fresh, and fun
3. +532, -38 Cha Hyungsuk is one of the main characters though I'm pretty sure he's going to return in the game
4.+307, -16 This drama should hit daebak
5.+245, -13 This drama is crazy~~ Writer-nim Respect, Hyunbin's handsome, and Park Shinhye's f*cking pretty. I seriously like the combination of these 3, it's seriously daebak the ending is crazy too
6.+220, -11 God Shinhye, so cool when she was speaking Spanish
7. +132, -14 I don't understand a thing about games but the drama is still so fun for me
8.+81, -14 I was seriously shocked..
9. +65, -7 Ah Hyunbin is seriously handsome, the styling is perfect too

Original Article: [MK Sports] Park Shinhye, Asks A Favor To Hyunbin --- "Give Me 3 Minutes"(Memories Of The Alhambra)

0000538702_001_20181208220022090.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2018-12-08%2Bat%2B10.43.58%2BPM.png
1. +793, -7 This gave me goosebumps what the heck why did he actually die
2. +387, -3 Crazy. What's with the ending ㅠㅠ The drama should keep making the ending like thisㅋㅋㅋ I'm curious
3. +324, -3 Daebak...... He died in real life.... Chanyeol-ie seriously how did you make the game ㅋㅋㅋ
4. +120, -11 Fun~~~
5.+101, -7 Park Shinhye's so pretty, I don't even have to talk about it. Whoever watches her will fall for her
6.+72, -1 I'm scared that the virtual world is actually reality
7.+61, -4 So does that mean Hyunbin killed him? So he's going to be a murderer.. The ex-wife lost his husband while the kid lost their dad.. Is this a warning to all game maniacs out there that virtual reality can be an actual reality.. So difficult ㅡㅡ
8. +51, -4 Huh? Maybe the reason Chanyeol ran away was because he thought he was actually going to be killed
9. +26, -3 Hyunbin's gaze during the ending ㅠ He's really good at acting ㅠ

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Im loving this ost and even more so with eng lyrics...makes me wonder about the lyrics -  who will save who? (lead you with the light)? who will be in danger (scared and blue)? makes me more excited to see JW and HJ relationship to develop some more. 

I love his smile...geez IM SO GLAD HIS BACK in KDRAMA!! 

Dt7s-m2XcAEgWXJ.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, ned_lee said:

Wow, now I really think that I did great subscribing to Netflix.. this drama got me hooked and its just what 3 eps :o

Cool listening to SH speaking in Spanish and the last frame of next ep teaser had me floored :wub:

Btw, hi to my last drama classmates @nonski and @Kasmic .. its been a while ^_^

Chingu-deul @ned_lee hello!

This is the second time I am happy subscribing to netflix, first was Man to Man and now this, although unlike MxM, Alhambra doesn't air simultaneously with the korean schedule.

---

@Kasmic I did not have to wait long, PSH of Doctor's is back in episode 3, happy me!

Like you, I feel like it's too early for Park Hoon to die, he's after all the arch-villain here, unless there's someone else

One explanation PH could be dead is YJW is still in the AR world, some kind of mix up

At one point, I feel like HJ's brother played them into to scam for money but that's a bit unlikely and I have no basis

Anyway looking forward to upcoming episodes

• Like 10

4 hours ago, nonski said:

One explanation PH could be dead is YJW is still in the AR world, some kind of mix up

That's what I was thinking towards the end when YJW went to bed in the hotel- that somehow he was still in the AR world.

I kind of feel like the whole thing is an AR world gone wrong, like it was hacked into. (Someone mentioned the buffering before - I caught that too). 

After watching the first episode, I felt like Se-Joo was trapped inside as well, where he couldn't distinguish between AR and reality.  

MOA reminds me of the anime Sword Art Online. Where the players get  stuck in the VR world, and if they die in the game, they die in real life. In SAO they had helmets (nerve gear)  that connected to their brain and they were not able to remove them - if they did, they would die.  (Don't think this is spoiler because it's all revealed in the first episode of the anime)

I guess in the fantasy world with MOA, the contact lens could have a deeper connection with the brain, especially since they are able to feel certain things.  So maybe as a result of a hack, if a player gets killed by another player they will die. 

..or is it possible that someone is actually hacking into the brain...

Or the hack could be like they think that they logged out of he game, but they are actually still in it. (Kinda like the movie Inception with the dreams).....

I know I'm just rambling several theories here,  but my brain is blown by this drama so far. I don't think I was ready for how intense this was going to be. I came into this drama thinking it was going to be one thing (simple romance, love story), and totally get something else, as revealed with the very first scene. 

P.S. Hello everyone!:)

• Like 9

Hello drama chingus... I am back watching dramas again and I must say I have really enjoyed this drama up to Ep 3!!

I really like Hyun Bin's acting...  and this drama is full of fun and mystery and now even more mysterious than ever...

Can't wait for Ep 4!! 

I am not really a gamer but the storyline really got me hooked, coupled by the good acting of course!

Now I wonder if his ex-wife is gonna hate him to the bones for being a suspected killer of her new husband.  Something just does not seem right with her....she gets so edgy at the mention of YJW...

@nonski hey hey chingu....I found you here!!  kekeke

• Like 4

@nonski@j9sshi  your theories can be a good possibility and will make this drama a good edge of the sit thriller. B)

I am not familiar with this genre but reading on the comments and exchange of ideas really makes me want to watch more.. and me not even bothered or confused by exchange past-future scenarios is  proof indeed :lol:

• Like 4