[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

6 hours ago, rori0711 said:

"Most people come to Granada to visit the Alhambra Palace but I came here to see something else. Something more magical than the Alhambra" - Yoo Jinwoo 

credit as tagged

Casting was made perfectly for these 3 main characters :wub::wub:

Jung Sejoo, our genius programmer was mysterious as hell. I was hooked the moment he was shot in the train.

His noona Jung Heejoo, our low key hostel owner got criticized by our annoying but lovable hero. Awww...I felt bad for her but I can see where Yoo Jinwoo is coming from. But then again, no one forced him to stay in her hostel, right? :sweatingbullets: :crazy:

Man, I love Yoo Jinwoo. He was crazy, serious, sarcastic, funny, nasty, cool and devastatingly handsome *drools*  

Cinematography/ CGI were top notch and musical scoring was handled well. 

I'm thrilled to watch the next episode tomorrow :huh::blink: 

So, last to last year when they launched the pokemon game, places were chose based on what recommendations and pictures people shared. I remember a hotel in california being one such place and they were aghast when couple of teens turned up at the expensive hotel to catch the pokemon.. lol.. entry was strictly denied

• Like 4

Haha from deadly serious (really goosebumps when he shouted at PSY) to comedy my Hyunnie can still pull this comedic act, still look cool and cute! My I am in for another best drama of the year — Mr Sunshine and Hundred days plus this from TVN :).   He is a CEO and he slaying handsomely. 

For the 2-episodes wow so smooth, musical score perfect, the actor exchanges spot on, the venues and plus this is augment reality. There’s big money in here. 

PS Chanyeol’s portion if not pulled off properly will not bring justice to the drama! So my “son” Chanyeolie thanks for taking this role and slaying it. I am hooked with your acting (ajumma fan is looking forward to another drama for you). I am bias for you, one of my EXO sons but with Hyunnie here I’ll go with Hyunnie! hahaha! 14 years and he never failed me —from Bodyguard, Ireland, Snow Queen, Sam Soon, Secret Garden, Friend, World’s Within, Millionaire’s first love, Late Autumn, fatal encounter, confidential assignment, negotiation, swindler and Rampant — I am a super fan! hahahaha. 

Edit: Btw, Are we watching a movie? Oh my cannot distinguish the story and the game anymore.  Editing and cut so good.  I want the next episodes to come. 

• Like 5

I keep watching n watching...The drama is still mystery for me. There so much mystery in the drama that make curious n can't wait for watching ep 3. Are Jin woo n Hee Joo Date in the year? before Jin woo got trap/ dissappear on the train/ I want to see more romance. :D

• Like 3

I just finished watching the first two episodes...I like what I watched although I'm a little bit confused by a few things.This is probably due to the storytelling style. It is very non-linear in term of time,spaces and  places of the events.It is very 3D/4D -ish kind of story.. You cannot make a conclusion by just watching one event/scene..its kinda similar to writer's previous drama,"Nine".. You need to continuously watching the drama to slowly unravel itself..

BTW,i have one complain about this drama.. For the first two episodes, it was too HB/JW's centric... PSH/HJ was there as just some kind of a (beautiful)accessory only. She has a very little scenes..I hope this will change for the future episodes..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pattsue said:

I just finished watching the first two episodes...I like what I watched although I'm a little bit confused by a few things.This is probably due to the storytelling style. It is very non-linear in term of time,spaces and  places of the events.It is very 3D/4D -ish kind of story.. You cannot make a conclusion by just watching one event/scene..its kinda similar to writer's previous drama,"Nine".. You need to continuously watching the drama to slowly unravel itself..

BTW,i have one complain about this drama.. For the first two episodes, it was too HB/JW's centric... PSH/HJ was there as just some kind of a (beautiful)accessory only. She has a very little scenes..I hope this will change for the future episodes..

I hope too more HJ scene or More romance between JW - HJ.....:blush:

But I love the story so far on 2 episode. I am enjoy Watching the psyco JW. He so witty. :lol:

• Like 3

In my opinion, the last scene shows that YJW is unable to control the login in the game. When he left his seat to go to the restroom in the train, he was limping but at some point, he was no longer limping. That's how he noticed that he was back in the game. The killer with the blue eyes was the one who chased HJ's brother. The thunderstorm is a signal that someone is interfering with the game. The magic has disappeared, it has become a nightmare. JW is kind of caught in the game and can no longer go back to the real world. The virtual world has become a deadly reality. Notice that in the first episode, each time he was hurt he was declared killed and had to start all over again. In the last scene, he got shot but was not declared killed... sure he was wearing a bulletproof jacket, nonetheless we could see that he was hurt. 

To conclude, his false prediction is about the magic he dreamt of. He views it as a nightmare as he is no longer capable to lead the game. He has no other choice than to fight.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

In my opinion, the last scene shows that YJW is unable to control the login in the game. When he left his seat to go to the restroom in the train, he was limping but at some point, he was no longer limping. That's how he noticed that he was back in the game. The killer with the blue eyes was the one who chased HJ's brother. The thunderstorm is a signal that someone is interfering with the game. The magic has disappeared, it has become a nightmare. JW is kind of caught in the game and can no longer go back to the real world. The virtual world has become a deadly reality. Notice that in the first episode, each time he was hurt he was declared killed and had to start all over again. In the last scene, he got shot but was not declared killed... sure he was wearing a bulletproof jacket, nonetheless we could see that he was hurt. 

To conclude, his false prediction is about the magic he dreamt of. He views it as a nightmare as he is no longer capable to lead the game. He has no other choice than to fight.

Wow...Thanks @bebebisous33  Do you think this AR game already perfect? or there is some kind disabled function ? Make  JW and Seju Got Trap on the Train. Why Train? There is some kind mysterious about Train. I think when JW got Trap on the train, He maybe already on high level. 

• Like 5

On December 3, the Good Data Corporation revealed the rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and cast members from November 26 through December 2.

1. tvN “Encounter” (16.87 percent)
2. JTBC “SKY Castle” (10.84 percent)
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” (10.81 percent)
4. SBS “The Last Empress” (8.11 percent)
5. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” (6.73 percent)
6. SBS “Death Song” (5.17 percent)
7. SBS “Where Stars Land” (3.87 percent)
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” (3.13 percent)
9. MBC “Children of Nobody” (3.01 percent)
10. tvN “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” (2.69 percent)

Actors of the new dramas dominated the ranking for cast members who dominated the most buzz. 

Check out the top 10 below:

1. tvN “Encounter” – Park Bo Gum
2. tvN “Encounter” – Song Hye Kyo
3. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Hyun Bin
4. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Kim Yoo Jung
5. tvN “Memories of the Alhambra” – Park Shin Hye
6. JTBC “Clean with Passion for Now” – Yoon Kyun Sang
7. SBS “Death Song” – Lee Jong Suk
8. SBS “Fates and Furies” – Lee Min Jung
9. SBS “Death Song” – Shin Hye Sun
10. SBS “The Last Empress” – Jang Na Ra

https://www.soompi.com/article/1272777wpp/encounter-tops-rankings-buzzworthy-dramas-actors

• Like 4

Snoopy (Park Hoon/Hyeon Seok) hits big time! I missed this quiet bomber expert Alpha team member and he’s one hell supporting actor and he’s the main antagonist  vs Hyunnie/Jin Woo! Weee! Okay. I have to re-watched and carefully read subtitle of the two episodes to know the reality, AR, and the 1 year ago (memories) that backfires his plan because of his revenge or probably pain. There’s a glitched in the system and Dr HS knows about it.  But he can’t get the system. 

(Note:  HS betrayed I understand JW a lot of times but the big time was that the first wife/love and his so called bestfriend betrayed him together. However, I think the first wife and best friend HS were really an item that JW never know in the past.)

Can’t it be Sat-Sun already! Very fierce battle between Encounter and MOA. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, anjelikaeyes13 said:

Snoopy (Park Hoon/Hyeon Seok) hits big time! I missed this quiet bomber expert Alpha team member and he’s one hell supporting actor and he’s the main antagonist  vs Hyunnie/Jin Woo! Weee! Okay. I have to re-watched and carefully read subtitle of the two episodes to know the reality, AR, and the 1 year ago (memories) that backfires his plan because of his revenge or probably pain. There’s a glitched in the system and Dr HS knows about it.  But he can’t get the system. 

(Note:  HS betrayed I understand JW a lot of times but the big time was that the first wife/love and his so called bestfriend betrayed him together. However, I think the first wife and best friend HS were really an item that JW never know in the past.)

Can’t it be Sat-Sun already! Very fierce battle between Encounter and MOA. 

There NO Fierce Battle Between Encounter And MOA.  They Very Different Genre. Different Time Slot, Different Daya. Same TVN Channel.. 

MOA is a new genre..So We will slowly getting into Drama fan Heart...Maybe after few episode and more romance between JW-HJ . :blush:

BTS...Where is BTS  long handshake ? :lol:

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, imels said:

this drama hooked me only with it's first episode. want more and more...

Mee too...More n More....:blush:

Why JW got trap in the train? do you think He went to search seju ? maybe. or maybe some kind instruction from the game because his level is up ? Then HJ, After her hostel sold to JW. Are she buy Hotel? and became a CEO ? Are she will getiing into game just like cheetcode, don't have to play game? BUt she can get into game without follow the rule from game.

Why Her character in red veil in the game? so many question . Hope the Ep 3, we will get the answer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DOCDOC said:

Wow...Thanks @bebebisous33  Do you think this AR game already perfect? or there is some kind disabled function ? Make  JW and Seju Got Trap on the Train. Why Train? There is some kind mysterious about Train. I think when JW got Trap on the train, He maybe already on high level. 

No, the game is not perfect. Either there is a bug so that the game became "independent", in other words it got out of control from the creators. Another possibility is that someone has tampered the game in order to become the only owner of that game.

Then SJ was supposed to arrive in Granada and just before his arrival, the scenery and the weather changed which announced that SJ had been sent back into the Virtual world / Game. It felt like a time jump. And this happens to JW too. Like you, I believe that the train signifies that JW and SJ have reached a high level. Since they are supposed to arrive in Granada, I suspect that the killer is sent to stop people from finishing the game : the goal is Granada. If they reach the final goal, then (theory 1) the computer might lose his independency. In the second theory, the mastermind behind it wants to ensure that all the persons involved in the game die so that he can sell the game as his creation.     

• Like 9

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, the game is not perfect. Either there is a bug so that the game became "independent", in other words it got out of control from the creators. Another possibility is that someone has tampered the game in order to become the only owner of that game.

Then SJ was supposed to arrive in Granada and just before his arrival, the scenery and the weather changed which announced that SJ had been sent back into the Virtual world / Game. It felt like a time jump. And this happens to JW too. Like you, I believe that the train signifies that JW and SJ have reached a high level. Since they are supposed to arrive in Granada, I suspect that the killer is sent to stop people from finishing the game : the goal is Granada. If they reach the final goal, then (theory 1) the computer might lose his independency. In the second theory, the mastermind behind it wants to ensure that all the persons involved in the game die so that he can sell the game as his creation.     

There is always the possibility that SJ asked someone help while he was producing the game and maybe the person really messed up with that to take the game for himself. Who knows? But one thing that got me intrigued is see how the weather changed in the first episode while we could listen "Memories of the Alhambra" song playing in the background. And who we know will play guitar in this game? The girl in red veil, so i wonder if there is some connection or if she will have some kind of power in the game. Because once she plays, it seems things get out of control. 

Anyway there are so many theories going on, that im getting crazy.

• Like 5

@DOCDOC okay :) hehehe! It’s like a movie, like I am watching Inception or Total Recall are the ones that came into my mind.  I think “Snoopy” or HS will use it somewhere the reason the minor Se Joo does not want to sell it.  The glitch probably it can hack to any system and the investments of JW will go down.

I am 3rd time in case I miss something.  

• Like 4