[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Leksa178 said:

I tought i will not like this one... but goshhh i never watched something like this... its Different than the rest.. crazy and cool 

yep, it's crazy and cool at the same time. Only few could appreciate this beauty. Kinda "hate it or love it" type ;)

SOUTH KOREA

The 11 Best Korean Dramas on Netflix

Updated for summer 2020, here are the top Korean dramas on Netflix—ranging across genres like action, romance, historical, and more.

BY THE EDITORS, 15 APR 20 01:04 UTC

As it searches for global growth, streaming giant Netflix is riding the Korean Wave by investing heavily in Korean dramas. Regardless of whether you’re a seasoned K-drama addict, or just beginning to explore the medium, Netflix has something for you.

To help you pick from the many K-dramas now available on Netflix, we’ve put together this list of the 11 Best Korean Dramas on Netflix.

Updated for summer 2020, this list of top Korean dramas contains selections from numerous sub-genres including romance, action, historical, and more.

We chose these dramas using three criteria. First, we started with K-dramas that are well-made and entertaining. Then, we looked at which ones contained interesting learnings about Korean culture and society. Finally, we narrowed down to dramas that are Netflix originals. This last part means that all the dramas on this list are always available on Netflix, regardless of your country. 

Now, let’s take a look at the top Korean dramas currently streaming on Netflix!

•  •  •

6. Memories of the Alhambra

Starring: Hyun Bin, Park Shin-hye | First released: December 2018

While Love Alarm and My Holo Love were quite popular, the most renowned tech-themed Korean drama on Netflix is Memories of the Alhambra.

In Memories, Hyun Bin stars as a handsome tech CEO named Yoo Jin-woo who wants to meet the creator of a super-advanced augmented reality (AR) game set in Spain’s Alhambra palace. However, the game creator suspiciously disappears, and Yoo only finds his sister Jung Hee-joo (Park Shin-hye). Yoo and Jung become embroiled in a broader mystery as the walls between actual reality and augmented reality begin to disappear.

Besides excellent chemistry between Hyun Bin and Park Shin-hye, Memories of the Alhambra offers perhaps the most compelling depiction of AR of any TV show in existence thus far. From virtual medieval Spanish knights strolling the streets of Granada to simulated thunderstorms, the in-game world of Memories contains a multitude of mouth-watering details that make existing AR games like Pokemon Go look primitive. Beautiful cinematography and suspenseful action are cherries on top; it’s no surprise Memories of the Alhambra is one of the most popular K-dramas of all time.

Watch this Korean drama on Netflix

https://www.cinemaescapist.com/2020/04/best-korean-dramas-netflix/#

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Memories of the Alhambra Palace' is rebroadcast. From 11:55 am on the 24th, the TV drama "Recollections of the Alhambra Palace" has been continuously aired on Channel O tvN from 1st to 9th. 'The Memories of the Alhambra Palace' is a drama about the story of two men involved in a bizarre event, while the main character, an investment company, went to Granada, Spain, as a business, and stayed in a cheap hostel run by a former guitarist, the heroine. It ended in a total of 16 trilogy in 2019.

link.  http://m.theceluv.com/article.php?aid=1595564131334815006#_enliple

Imagen

• 2 weeks later...

FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE AMAZING WORLD OF KOREAN DRAMAS (K-DRAMA)

AUGUST 6, 2020

This year has been unpredictable — both with the good and bad — with the world enveloped in a shared and terrifying pandemic that has derailed social norms and business across the globe.  For the entertainment realm, it has been nothing short of paralyzing for film, television and other entertainment productions. Yet there has been a few remarkable bright spots — one of which, was the discovery by the U.S. audiences of the treasure trove of excellent Korean films and television series being released out of South Korea.  

Spoiler

The ascent of director Bong Joon Ho’s film “Parasite,” which was crowned Best Foreign Language Film at the Golden Globes in early January 2020, and then went on to sweep the Academy Awards for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best International Film Feature as well as the Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance By A Cast in A Motion Picture and Writers Guild Award for Best Screenplay, has been nothing short of astounding and well-earned. “Parasite” was awarded in excess of 100 awards from film festivals and prominent award bodies across the globe in just 10 short months. “Parasite” was not even released in the U.S. until October 2019, but it quickly became a breakout international sensation as its award domination continued from May 2019 all the way into February 2020.

At the January 2020 Golden Globes where director Bong Joon Ho declared: “Once you overcome the 1-inch-tall barrier of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films.”  It may not have seemed like a lightning strike, but Boon Joon Ho’s quiet challenge was like ring a bell to all those listening that it was time to not only recognize the superior screen art of Korean film and television, it should be savored and enjoyed just as much as any U.S., U.K., Canadian, or other international on-screen work.

Picking up Boon Joon Ho’s metaphorically thrown gauntlet, I have embarked upon a journey to watch more Korean films and television shows, and I am eternally grateful that I did.  While my journey into the world of K-drama has only just begun, the South Korean films and television shows that I have watched have been outstanding. Everything from the carefully-crafted script writing of the stories and characters, to the superb casting, to the nuanced directing and production, to the song choices and musical scores, and breath-taking cinematography has yielded a masterful work of on-screen art.  As a critic and as a viewer, it has been a joy to discover such a rich world of on-screen entertainment.  

To share a bit of the remarkable films and series that I have discovered in my journey into the K-drama realm, and to aid those who may be venturing into the world of South Korean K-dramas, I want to showcase a few that I have enjoyed and recommend.

Memories.jpg

“Memories of the Alhambra”

Thanks to some great suggestions by the fans as I continued to discovered the world of Korean drama, next up in my K-drama discovery was the series “Memories of the Alhambra.” The 16-episode series “Memories of the Alhambra” aired initially in 2018 and is currently available on Netflix.   watching “Memories of Alhambra” was like falling right into a warm “happy bubble.” 

“Memories of Alhambra” is very different from all the other Korean drama series that I have watched as it is set in an augmented reality (AR) world where gamers play out fantasy duels in the real-world.  But in “Memories of Alhambra,” those fictitious duels start to have horrific repercussions as the players begin dying off one by one. So there is a distinct fantasy-element throughout the series and, in most scenes, that will leave you, as a viewer, wondering if what you see is real or AR-fantasy.  That question of “what is real?” plays out fantastically through the entire series.  

The “Memories of Alhambra” story starts off as a simple business transaction between a venture capitalist seeking to buy a newly developed AR-game, but who gets swept away in its duels-to-death scenarios and desperately seeks to find the creator of the game who has gone missing. How time passes and sheer scope of time involved over the course of the series will be bigger than you may anticipate.  The virtual-world and real-world time components make for an interesting element to the classic tale of racing against the clock to save someone caught up in a rogue AR-game.  Then thoroughly immersed in this story is the star-crossed love of a young woman desperate to find her missing brother and the venture capitalist whose fate she becomes entangled with. Their unusual love-story will also leave you breathless and wondering where it all goes.  

Throughout its 16-episodes, “Memories of Alhambra” will challenge your perceptions of reality, perception of time, and perception of who to trust and why. Fortunately, using love as a guide proves to be the key in this story and how it unravels is a complex and intriguing story. With a few dangling story-threads, there is potential to continue this story and I, along with the fans, fervently hope that it is continued at some point in the future.

As I wrap this article, what I have found incredible as I continue to discover the world of Korean dramas is really how each series truly excels at making you fall head-over-heels in love with their unique worlds and characters and, for me, it has been a rich and rewarding experience getting to know each show and appreciate the stories each has to tell. Each has lingered with me and made me feel appreciative that I had the opportunity to watch them.  It is akin to opening Christmas presents one by one and feeling more grateful and blissfully happy with each one. For there is a bigger world of television than what we have previously been exposed to and it is really great to see that the online streaming platforms, like Netflix and Amazon Prime are making these previously inaccessible series available for international viewing. So I invite you to venture into the Korean drama world and not only watch these series, but to discover other K-drama series that you will fall in love with. 

Annyeong! Check out these places where Memories of Alhambra was filmed!

Visit the street near the Giordano Concept Store, Cheongju, where scenes from episode 14 were filmed. Next up, visit Dongdaemun Gate in Seoul where some of the ending scenes were filmed.

crkto_india  IG

Imagen

Imagen

• 4 weeks later...

118805538_601714987169258_8834512644011019189_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=dpcENybE0dEAX_NPb3t&oh=9cd38fa01bc05c2a9873e916f54aa4f9&oe=5F81B912

cr.sapphire.story 

Imagen

Top 10 tvN Drama All-Time Highest First Episode (Premier) Rating

1.Mr. Sunshine (2018) 8.852%

2. Boyfriend (2018) 8.683%

3. Secret Forest 2 (2020) 7.627%

4. Memories of the Alhambra (2018) 7.507%

5. Hotel Del Luna (2019) 7.327%

6. Arthdal Chronicles (2019) 6.729%

7. Youth Record (2020) 6.362%

8. Hospital Playlist (2020) 6.325%

9. Goblin (2016) 6.322%