[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

On 3/11/2019 at 12:10 AM, The Gray Rose said:

I have at least 3 questions, which I will post and hope someone knows to answer. ***SPOILER ALERT*** If you haven't seen the series, do not scroll down. 

1. Wasn't Marco the original bug? If Jin-woo didn't delete him, what happened?

2. How did Mr. Cha kill Professor Cha since the server was shutdown? 

3. Se-ju was trapped in his instance dungeon so doesn't that mean Jin-woo is trapped in his? He has to be since he's been gone for a year but how is he being seen playing the game? Who's going to get him out? 

4. What is Jin-woo now? He was the Master before the game was reset but the players said they couldn't see his name. 

You have some genuinely good questions that I have also thought about to some degree. I'll try my best to answer them in my opinion given what I understood from the drama.

1). I have two theories regarding this, and neither one satisfies me entirely but they will have to do I suppose. The weaker argument I have is that when Emma first stabs Jin-woo in the heart with the key the deletion of the bug starts and gets to 65% before an error occurs. Marco may have been deleted at this point, even though it clearly states "Failed to delete bug" and "Failed to restart game". This is why this argument is a bit flawed but can also make sense in a weird way.

The second theory I have is a bit more complicated. Upon completing the quest and placing the key in the hand of Fatima, Jin-Woo becomes the new master. I only really understood this at the end of the finale when Se-Joo states that only the master can create an instance dungeon. Se-Joo also said Marco disappeared which is why he came out, meaning that bug no longer existed at that point. Marco is a bug that only Se-Joo could see. What this tells me is that Se-Joo's AR profile as the master was overwritten or deleted upon completion of the quest since Jin-Woo had become the master. But this argument is also a bit flawed as a witness at the end of the finale to a player seen shooting NPCs has no user name. 

2). When the server is shut down they will not see NPCs except those who died during the game, the same way Jin-woo was able to see Dr. Cha without the lenses. During episode 15 when Professor Cha meets Jin-Woo at the hotel and is asked what he's doing in Seoul by Jin-Woo, Professor Cha says because the servers are down and Jin-Woo tells him 'that doesn't mean we're safe' further reminding us that the dead NPCs can still show up.

3). Se-Joo was never 'trapped' he programmed the instance dungeon into the game to deceive enemies in times of danger and only the master can create it during the game. He was hiding there at the train station but only came out because Marco disappeared. So if Jin-Woo used the instance dungeon he could easily get out of it as well.

4). Zinu username would have been deleted since it was also part of the bug. Se-joo said that he programmed Emma to stab the bug in the heart, which is why she did. As a result that profile can no longer exist in the game. This much I know of sure. But in order for Jin-Woo to still be playing he must have a profile and if he does then he must still be the master since he completed that quest.

I think the series needed one more episode to iron out the details, ultimately I was left disappointed with the finale, but loved everything else about the drama.

• Like 3

I just have to share this here...

So today I went down an underpass which I usually would use once in a while. It's not a straight passage but sort of like letter H since it is underneath a big intersection. There are usually other pedestrians, but when I went down, no one was around, and then suddenly a guitar sound playing Emma's music started. It seriously gave me the chills for a second there :sweatingbullets: Of course I just continued walking and at the turn, an elderly man was sitting on the floor playing it. :sweatingbullets: I am pretty sure he didn't watch this show, why oh why play that same song, which really startled me a bit, hahahaaha.... Good thing it was a sunny day, not a rainy one :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Helloes, it's been a while and I still do miss this couple.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:06 AM, squaredname said:

I think the series needed one more episode to iron out the details, ultimately I was left disappointed with the finale, but loved everything else about the drama.

Yep I totally agree with you here. I havent wated the last 2 ep with subs as I would feel more disappointed. So

Im just going to believe HeJoo and JinWoo did meet and are now playing Jenga :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Helloes, it's been a while and I still do miss this couple.

Yep I totally agree with you here. I havent wated the last 2 ep with subs as I would feel more disappointed. So

Im just going to believe HeJoo and JinWoo did meet and are now playing Jenga :joy:

Hi kasmic! Long time no see~ :lol:

I haven't watched the last eps with subs too.

Lol. Both of them wanted to be police when they were young. Maybe they can act as police next. Maybe even together. Hahaha

• Like 3

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Hi kasmic! Long time no see~ :lol:

I haven't watched the last eps with subs too.

Lol. Both of them wanted to be police when they were young. Maybe they can act as police next. Maybe even together. Hahaha

Yah! miss chatting to you of MOA as well as the crazy Emperor. I was more satisfied with that drama esp since all the female casts were stronger unlike this drama. It must be a phase that these writers were going thru. Lets just write WTF endings ...Grrrr!:crazy:

I like this scene, made me think that they definetly bickered during this game and there were bits that didnt aired.;)

and this is why. HB doesnt have much patience :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1