Quantcast
Jump to content
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, angelineong said:

after watching the episodes with subs, i agree with most of you here. We waited for 14 episodes for SeJu, the master to return. We insisted to hold onto our faith in SJJ's magic. But, alas! I guess, Se Ju, the character, was 'oversold'. His return helped nothing except to inform about the instant dungeon. 

And instead of using the precious remaining 2 episodes to 'showcase' how Se Ju's cool coding "kung fu", they were wasted on 'repeated flashback' and the JW's ex-wives. Who needs extra airing time for these exes????? seriously, anybody here?

I know SJJ is trying to be different. But an ending like this is somehow unacceptable. I want my hours back! I felt cheated. 

However, I am grateful for the entire acting crew especially the leads. They worked really hard to bring out the characters. Special thanks to the editing team too. They did an 'excellent' job by  'randomly' cutting and  pasting. Perhaps, due to the writer's instructions.

The technical part of the game/AR technology related needed to be fine tuned. I am not an expert but the drama appeared to be lacking in prior 'literature research on AR technology". As this is 2019, many already have some knowledge on this area unlike MATRIX, which came way earlier where a large majority of people were still unaware of online games,

You are so rite...the purpose of SJ return was to inform there's a secret dungeon he's been hiding in for a whole year, or shud I say to confirm what has been speculated by JW. Also to let HJ knows JW succeeded his mission, thus bringing back SJ from wherever he was (tho I still wonder in the whole year of hiding did he eat & poop like other human beings since rtn looking like how he was a year ago, so how did he live?)

 

Also rite, do we miss sumthing here, y the h3ll the exes, a cheater & a gold digger, who are just supporting roles got nice ending/closure?...like we care what they do with their life:rolleyes: Just a waste of the airtime when JW & HJ didnt get any decent ending scene. 

 

I think this writer is too ambitious. She has great story in her mind but putting down in a script, she lost the technical part, eventually didnt know how to link her story to make a decent ending. The best she can think of is for businessman park to bring in a gaming addict teenager SJoo who created the mess but didnt even know what went wrong to J one company, to continue enhancing the mess...still not bringing back the boss:crazy: I wud have prefer if there's a twist in the end that Emma is actually the villain while HJ is just an NPC:P

 

However a big applause to HB & PSH for their credible acting & beautiful chemistry which made this drama bearable to the end. 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I told my best friend in the past weeks about MoA and she said she'll watch it after it's finished, but then I told her the ending sucks she shouldn't bother, and usually she listens, but I added to her that the drama from all the other angles is pretty good ( with lots of confusion too) so now she decided she's watching it, and I who's still hurt by that ending and still pissed about it, said that I will watch again.

And I will, at least a few episodes, I like rewatching shows, it makes me see new things about it, either I love it again or hate it again, and I liked MoA a lot, so I'm gonna watch a few episodes or a few scenes again to relive all that magic and how JW developed  through it all, and maybe I'll find a better way to accept this ending. 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be honest i was going to pick this up after it finish it airing.....however reading the ending it had been given im holding on :x

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Sarang21 @enigmatic_zephy if u read some of the translations of PSH, Park Hoon and Min Jin Woong interviews you could tell that they too werent that happy with the direction of their roles.

PH- he was surprised he died so early that he thought he was just a cameo and even his mother asked him why would he film for so long for such a role. ;)

PSH - she mentions lots of regrets and concerns during the filming in many of her interviews. Obviously she knew her role will cause some disappointments and worst more hate for her. But like she said - she had to put up with it. I hate reading critics saying why is she crying so much, all HJ does is cry blah blah blah..My response is ask the writer and PD. Point your hate to them not her. <_< And despite MANY kneitz comments on her role (as wellas others) the writer and PDnim STILL insisted that this was the only alternative as anything more will (heaven forbid) not flow with their own idiotic ideologies <_<

MJW- his post drama interview was just as supportive as PH. I particularly like how he mentions that the romance was brought alive because of HB and PSH NOT the writer.

 

They are true definitions of respect. 

 

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

to be honest i was going to pick this up after it finish it airing.....however reading the ending it had been given im holding on :x

Your post now make me wonder if anyone would still be interested in purchasing the DVD/ blu ray? <_<

 

 

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@Sarang21  if u read some of the translations of PSH, Park Hoon and Min Jin Woong interviews you could tell that they too werent that happy with the direction of their roles.

PH- he was surprised he died so early that he thought he was just a cameo and even his mother asked him why would he film for so long for such a role. ;)

PSH - she mentions lots of regrets and concerns during the filming in many of her interviews. Obviously she knew her role will cause some disappointments and worst more hate for her. But like she said - she had to put up with it. I hate reading critics saying why is she crying so much, all HJ does is cry blah blah blah..My response is ask the writer and PD. Point your hate to them not her. <_< And despite MANY kneitz comments on her role (as wellas others) the writer and PDnim STILL insisted that this was the only alternative as anything more will (heaven forbid) not flow with their own idiotic ideologies <_<

MJW- his post drama interview was just as supportive as PH. I particularly like how he mentions that the romance was brought alive because of HB and PSH NOT the writer.

 

They are true definitions of respect. 

 

Your post now make me wonder if anyone would still be interested in purchasing the DVD/ blu ray? <_<

 

 

 

PH: lol I felt bad for him too...poor guy ..maybe he can get an award for best zombie portrayal :P

PSH:yes you are right  people should really learn that if they had a problem with the portrayal of character it´s the writer and PD´s fault not the actress. As a writer and PDnim it´s important to find a balance between your story and the response of your audience.

MJW  is right about the romance part.  

 

I think some people will still be interested but I won´t be much...especially since they can watch it on Netflix.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sarang21 said:

 

I think some people will still be interested but I won´t be much...especially since they can watch it on Netflix.

So true, if those dvds or blu rays came with eng subs Im sure they would get more interested buyers esp since they get the cast (esp the main leads) to get together for a commentary interview. I would like to see HB and PSH in those interviews as Im sure it will be as interesting as the ones we've already seen. Their interactions in those BTS vids is so much fun. Esp the scene in the shopping change room. I always smile seeing those BTS. Totally different to the suspense of being attacked by many NPCs lol! It seems like a scene of a typical romcom....argh I wish B)

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

So true, if those dvds or blu rays came with eng subs Im sure they would get more interested buyers esp since they get the cast (esp the main leads) to get together for a commentary interview. I would like to see HB and PSH in those interviews as Im sure it will be as interesting as the ones we've already seen. Their interactions in those BTS vids is so much fun. Esp the scene in the shopping change room. I always smile seeing those BTS. Totally different to the suspense of being attacked by many NPCs lol! It seems like a scene of a typical romcom....argh I wish B)

 

 

I wish the k-drama industry will realise that they have a huge international fanbase and would start to provide Eng Sub for them. They would really make a lot of profit. BTS are always so much fun to watch :lol:. I´m rally salty that the chemistry betwwen HB and PSH got wasted like that :crazy:.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@Sarang21 @enigmatic_zephy if u read some of the translations of PSH, Park Hoon and Min Jin Woong interviews you could tell that they too werent that happy with the direction of their roles.

PH- he was surprised he died so early that he thought he was just a cameo and even his mother asked him why would he film for so long for such a role. ;)

PSH - she mentions lots of regrets and concerns during the filming in many of her interviews. Obviously she knew her role will cause some disappointments and worst more hate for her. But like she said - she had to put up with it. I hate reading critics saying why is she crying so much, all HJ does is cry blah blah blah..My response is ask the writer and PD. Point your hate to them not her. <_< And despite MANY kneitz comments on her role (as wellas others) the writer and PDnim STILL insisted that this was the only alternative as anything more will (heaven forbid) not flow with their own idiotic ideologies <_<

MJW- his post drama interview was just as supportive as PH. I particularly like how he mentions that the romance was brought alive because of HB and PSH NOT the writer.

 

They are true definitions of respect. 

 

Your post now make me wonder if anyone would still be interested in purchasing the DVD/ blu ray? <_<

 

 

 

 

 

Actually to be very honest, and i am saying this from the very beginning, PSH's characterization was nice.. i have literally no issues with her character.. and she had ample screen time and was a strong character (bit of illogical consistencies here and there but that's on writer)..

 

But i think it was the game that i was more invested in. I don't come with a background in computer.. but i actually watched ep 16 only now.. and it took me a long long long time to understand.. how the show probably isn't as stupid..

 

Virus and Antivirus.. i never really got that concept.. but that is what happened in this story.. so maybe the game wasn't that illogical.. and when writer says she sought help of professional , maybe she did.. and we as audience didn't get the broader picture..

 

However, what is more important is.. i was never invested in the romance.. and yet.. what made this show is the romance.. i squealed at the last scene of replay of dialogues.. i LOVED the love story

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to the winners of tVn fan art competition for MOA. Im so glad their hard work is rewarded. The artworks looks amazing

 

Heres what both versions of the ost album will look like when you order it thru yes24

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Actually to be very honest, and i am saying this from the very beginning, PSH's characterization was nice.. i have literally no issues with her character.. and she had ample screen time and was a strong character (bit of illogical consistencies here and there but that's on writer)..

 

But i think it was the game that i was more invested in. I don't come with a background in computer.. but i actually watched ep 16 only now.. and it took me a long long long time to understand.. how the show probably isn't as stupid..

 

Virus and Antivirus.. i never really got that concept.. but that is what happened in this story.. so maybe the game wasn't that illogical.. and when writer says she sought help of professional , maybe she did.. and we as audience didn't get the broader picture..

 

However, what is more important is.. i was never invested in the romance.. and yet.. what made this show is the romance.. i squealed at the last scene of replay of dialogues.. i LOVED the love story

 

I did enjoy the game side of things but when it started going dangerous (the virus kicking in) eg Seo dying from an NPC thats when I thought it became illogical. (I shouldve stopped at that ep but I watched on)  Then worst J One or NEXT still launched such a dangerous game after so many deaths I didnt like it. That was the stupid for me and to even fanboy SeJu over the game ...please (me - table flip) and Mr Park awards/ promotes SJ as CEO and retires... are you kidding me? I think if there is season 2 SeJu character will be blamed for the dangers of the game and Mr Park just waived off the blame game to him. The game is a ricking time bomb waiting to explode.

Maybe thats why I didnt understand the last bit of the quote...where I think its the writers and PD moral of the drama that trust changes the world NOT technology...whatever it is still hasnt sunken in me. I dont get it, have they not seen how innovative the world is becoming and trust has nothing to do with it. <_< I think that what angers me most. The writer and PD purposely didnt show JW and HJ meet just to prove this nonsense of a quote...augh more table flipping (lucky Im on my phone and cannot insert gifs)

I loved the romance and I didnt realise how much I liked it since there was no more of it. The scenes of the HJ and JW just made MOA appear more realistic and that to me was the only logical side of MOA...:P

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 5:18 AM, litopanda said:

 

Thank you @packmule3
This does help me answer a lot of my question about the glitch/bug and how jinwoo could be a bug. 
On all the theme and symbolism the post mention, i see that too and that is why i do like this drama a lot. 

It still doesn't answer a prime question about how can NPC kills Jinwoo or per say his secretary? 
When new level one players or even hee-ju when she went looking for him and keep logging on and off, i would think thats she got slayed everytime? So why couldn't her or any new tester die.....but professor cha or secretary can...? And why didn't he die the first day he was playing the game, after getting kill so many times by NPC. 

And how the technology works without a platform...? 

lol maybe I should just accept it and see the beauty in it instead of picking through the logic of it lol



 

 

 

:D I answered all your questions here:

 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/25/memories-of-the-alhambra-game-logic-again/

 

Just please read it over there because I've lots of pictures. All I can say is I must be crazy, too, because I understand the logic of the game.

 

GSkZrrx.png?zoom=1.25&ssl=197D4qHs.png?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

 

 

@wenchanteur,

 

lol. Now I know how you formed your name: "W" + enchanteur.  

 

I actually like how SSJ paralleled elements in Episode 1 and Episode 2, for example, 

 

1. The empty church = empty plaza

2. The crucifix = victory column

 

B8OAUPi.png

 

3. The thunder and pile of sand = explosion and the rock

 

4. The dead knight of Aragon = NPC Emma

 

I find it interesting that SSJ's many parallelisms eluded many critics of her show  The dead knight for instance is a common trope. He's the ghost that warns of death to follow.  "Dead men tell no tales."  His appearance is like music from NPC Emma's guitar music. Her music also warns Jinwoo that an attack is imminent and that death aka NPC Hyunsuk is coming for him. 

 

I explained them all here, if you're interested.  It has lots of pictures too. 

 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/24/memories-of-the-alhambra-ep-1-and-16-wrap-up


I'll probably watch W soon. I"m beginning to see how this writer can be easily misunderstood.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 6:55 AM, angelangie said:

to be honest i was going to pick this up after it finish it airing.....however reading the ending it had been given im holding on :x

 

How even the end would disappoint you (and that's not certain), I just have to say a proverb:
It's not the goal that counts, it's the path.
If you take it that way, you'll see that this drama is phenomenal.

 

It's said in this french song :

 

Spoiler

 

 

Words from the song "The water we drink" by Michel Fugain

 

Take one step, then another step, there
It's called walking straight ahead.
In the end, all that matters
That's not where you're going.
But how you get there
Take the time, all the time you have, go
Otherwise, you see, it's time that will get you
You'll have to hang out on the way.
Watching the wheat grow
So that You can say afterward
All of this

 

It's life, it's the water we drink
The flame in us that fires with all its energy
It's life, the beautiful fight
May we gain with every step

 

Take one step, then another step, there
Leaves the fashions and instructions for use
We take, we give, someone, nobody
And everyone at once
But whoever we are
There are ups, there are ups and downs


But deep down, deep down, what are you looking for?
Love is not so easy
But it resists all that.
Listen deep down inside

Its voice

 

------------------------------------------------------

"L'eau qu'on boit"

 

Fais un pas, puis un autre pas, là
On appelle ça marcher droit devant soi
Au bout du compte, tout ce qui compte
C'est pas là où tu vas
Mais comment t'y vas
Prends le temps, tout le temps que t'as, va
Sinon, tu vois, c'est le temps qui t'aura
Tu devras traîner en route
Regarder pousser les blés
Pour pouvoir dire après
Tout ça

C'est de la vie, c'est l'eau qu'on boit
La flamme en nous qui fait feu de tout bois
C'est de la vie, le beau combat
Qu'on gagne à chaque pas

Fais un pas, puis un autre pas, là
Laisse les modes et les modes d'emploi
On prend, on donne, quelqu'un, personne
Et tout l'monde à la fois
Mais qui que l'on soit
Y a des hauts, y a des hauts et des bas

Mais tout au fond, au fond tu cherches quoi ?
L'amour c'est pas si facile
Mais ça résiste à tout ça
Écoute au fond de toi
Sa voix

 

 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...