[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

1 hour ago, rori0711 said:

tell me about it :rolleyes: I must be insane for halting my viewing pleasure. I can remember first 2 episode was brilliant, intense and concept was nothing like I've seen before. Maybe becoz I'm only watching it for Jongsuk. But now that I like SJJ, I'll pay it a visit.

In a way, you're lucky you didn't see it.
Having the pleasure of seeing it all for the first time is second to none.
But it moves so much that it is impossible to fully appreciate it at this moment.
The pace is much faster than MOA.

Spoiler

Of course, there is Lee Jong-Suk, but the other actors are incredible.
Han Hyo-Joo is impressive in the diversity of her acting, and in her emotions. I've never seen her so good in her other dramas, and yet she was already very good, in Dong-Yi or Shinning Inheritance.
There is Kim Eui-sung (Professor Cha) who is also incredible.
Also, I love Lee Si-eon in the role of Soo-Bong.
And finally, in the role of the prosecutor, Park Won-sang is very good.
As a general rule, even for the other actors, they are all in tune, none of them overplay.

I have an idea for a group name, which would revolve around the word "memories".
For example: Endless Memories.
or even: Unforgettable memories.
Or anything else of the same kind.
Quite simply because this drama is one of those that will be remembered forever.

EDIT : Yu-Ra is so cute. :wub:

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

On 1/23/2019 at 3:00 AM, vangsweetie637 said:

@moodypie lol we met at the Bride of Water God thread ;) I believe that’s where we met, in the universe of Haebak (or was it somewhere else?) lol 

yes ...it was bride water god. gosh we talk so much during that drama...and the ending..lol. ok..it was some time ago, but i still remember some of the conversation, and i think it was supergal99..her gif always make my day..hahahaha.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

In a way, you're lucky you didn't see it.
Having the pleasure of seeing it all for the first time is second to none.
But it moves so much that it is impossible to fully appreciate it at this moment.
The pace is much faster than MOA.

Reveal hidden contents

Of course, there is Lee Jong-Suk, but the other actors are incredible.
Han Hyo-Joo is impressive in the diversity of her acting, and in her emotions. I've never seen her so good in her other dramas, and yet she was already very good, in Dong-Yi or Shinning Inheritance.
There is Kim Eui-sung (Professor Cha) who is also incredible.
Also, I love Lee Si-eon in the role of Soo-Bong.
And finally, in the role of the prosecutor, Park Won-sang is very good.
As a general rule, even for the other actors, they are all in tune, none of them overplay.

Spoiler

I have an idea for a group name, which would revolve around the word "memories".
For example: Endless Memories.
or even: Unforgettable memories.
Or anything else of the same kind.
Quite simply because this drama is one of those that will be remembered forever.

EDIT : Yu-Ra is so cute. :wub:

Spoiler

I like PWS in Miracle in Cell#7, KES in The King. I'm not a fan of HHJ but i acknowledged she's a class of her own. 

As i mentioned earlier, my motivation watching a drama or film are the actors. My love for Sukkie is not enough that period.

Now I have LJS, PWS, KES & SJJ as incentive. I think I can hustle. :D Maybe, I'll be able to warm up to HHJ this time.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2019 at 2:31 AM, packmule3 said:

@vangsweetie637 and @Kasmic

Hey, where are you off to? I’m still getting started with the last episodes!! I still have a couple more explainin’ to do for this kdrama. 

Hmmm... when did we get all these fancy choices for reactions? Was this soompi's latest update to make the boards user-friendly? Good job. We've been asking for those for years.... :lol:

Here’s my take on open ending and why it was brilliant for this kdrama. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/22/memories-of-the-alhambra-qa-on-marco-and-open-endings

Here’s my explanation on the bugs and how Jinwoo and Seejoo survived a "year" in that dungeon. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/22/memories-of-the-alhambra-olis-bugs-and-dungeons

And here’s my final grade for the show. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/21/memories-of-the-alhambra-final-grade/

Reveal hidden contents

O1t1Y9i.jpg

I deducted a point because in my rulebook no kdrama can get a perfect score unless babies are included. 

@moodypie, were you here all along??!  Weren't we together in Goblin thread, too??  See you later! 

gosh...goblin was long long long ago..haha. actually i cant remember much about me being active in goblin. but i love that drama..so there is a possibility. i still miss goblin. 

i haven't finish reading the links that you posted. did you dissect every episode of moa? i have read some and it is interesting and entertaining..hehe. will come back to the explanation once i am done reading ...

*your explanation of FAITH is deeper than the ones in the bible...haha.

*you write really well

maybe when i am done reading your explanation, i will have the courage to watch the last ep. ;) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

59 minutes ago, rori0711 said:
  Hide contents

I like PWS in Miracle in Cell#7, KES in The King. I'm not a fan of HHJ but i acknowledged she's a class of her own. 

As i mentioned earlier, my motivation watching a drama or film are the actors. My love for Sukkie is not enough that period.

Now I have LJS, PWS, KES & SJJ as incentive. I think I can hustle. :D Maybe, I'll be able to warm up to HHJ this time.

Yes, I understand.
It's quite strange because what I like most of all is a good story, the "plot".
But in Korean dramas, there is only one SJJ, capable of making a crazy plot.
So I also work with actors, well, especially actresses in fact. Normal, I am a man, so I am sensitive to the feminine charm. And Korean actresses are really good, maybe more so than men.

I have an anecdote about that.

Spoiler

The first time I saw W, I was already hooked on LJS. But when I saw Han Hyo-Joo, I first thought... Damn, she may be a good actress, but I really don't like her looks. I think she's too skinny and ugly.

How am I supposed to get involved in romance with an actress like that?!

Please give me Park Shin Hye, Kang Sora (the rival who steals the star from the lead actress in dr stranger), or anyone else. I had to take it upon myself, and appreciate the moments when I still found her pretty.

Then when I saw the drama again, I stopped thinking that way. I became so impressed with her acting that it didn't matter anymore. So I saw a lot of other dramas that she had shot after that. And she was quitepretty in Shinning Inheritance, but no luck for her, her rival was Moon Chae Won. Which is of a totally amazing beauty in this drama.

Another anecdote, as I have to take screen shots for the photo-drama, I have dramas cut at a rate of 3 frames/second. This allows me to see the differences in expression between the actors. Han Hyo-Joo is a real festival of nuances and inventiveness, at ease in all types of scenes, while most other actresses, even the ones I love, are much more bland in comparison, and often play the same attitudes.

@moodypie : yes, I think @packmule3 writes very well. I have to hurry to finish my 2nd screening of MOA to be able to read all his articles.
More than that, I have to hire you, packmule3!
With your analytical skills, you could find ideas and meanings hidden in my story that I don't even know about. I don't know if I can improve or not scenes that have already been written, but until an external opinion has been given, it's impossible to know.

• Like 4

@packmule3

Hi again! So yeah, JW wasn't hallucinating, my bad. Although, halfway through the drama, I had convinced myself that this is a drama about psychological disorder. 10 points to the writer for making me believe like that. Minus 2 to me for the wrong analysis..ha!

I read your blog and I agree particularly with the explanation that you gave about JinWoo had accepted himself as the 'bug' in the lives of everyone around him. I had the exact same analysis and as to why did he choose to stay in instance dungeon as he is in self-inflicted redemption.

However, I didn't quite wrap my mind around the point that you made that JinWoo is trying to escape the virtual game world or the third dimension by making himself appear when the game launched again after an year. Because I believe the only way to get out of the instance dungeon is the way through which SeJoo returned- when the key is placed in the hand, the palace would crumble story.

I gave my analysis about why is JW in instance dungeon and why weren't we shown a hug or final meeting of HJ-JW here.. I hope you will read and then we can discuss it further. See you..

And just when I thought I would get over our Magical Couple, I saw this on insta..:wub:201901282119372410_3_20190128212336255.j

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Yes, I understand.
It's quite strange because what I like most of all is a good story, the "plot".
But in Korean dramas, there is only one SJJ, capable of making a crazy plot.
So I also work with actors, well, especially actresses in fact. Normal, I am a man, so I am sensitive to the feminine charm. And Korean actresses are really good, maybe more so than men.

I have an anecdote about that.

Hide contents

The first time I saw W, I was already hooked on LJS. But when I saw Han Hyo-Joo, I first thought... Damn, she may be a good actress, but I really don't like her looks. I think she's too skinny and ugly.

How am I supposed to get involved in romance with an actress like that?!

Please give me Park Shin Hye, Kang Sora (the rival who steals the star from the lead actress in dr stranger), or anyone else. I had to take it upon myself, and appreciate the moments when I still found her pretty.

Then when I saw the drama again, I stopped thinking that way. I became so impressed with her acting that it didn't matter anymore. So I saw a lot of other dramas that she had shot after that. And she was quitepretty in Shinning Inheritance, but no luck for her, her rival was Moon Chae Won. Which is of a totally amazing beauty in this drama.

Another anecdote, as I have to take screen shots for the photo-drama, I have dramas cut at a rate of 3 frames/second. This allows me to see the differences in expression between the actors. Han Hyo-Joo is a real festival of nuances and inventiveness, at ease in all types of scenes, while most other actresses, even the ones I love, are much more bland in comparison, and often play the same attitudes.

Spoiler

I'm not sure if it's ok to discuss it here in MoA thread...we're getting offtopic now. maybe we can DM or move to W thread. 

I don't know, maybe it's just a matter of first impression or prejudice. It doesn't matter to me whether she looks pretty or not, when I'm moved by the actor once, I'm all set. I have only seen HHJ in Masquerade and none of her drama pieces, which btw i heard we're all very good.  I like Kang Sora in Dr. Stranger. She has this elegant & mature vibe. I like Shinhye since Stairway. She was typecasted, have lots to improve but she's growing. My fav JS role is Dr. Stranger followed by Pinocchio then School 2013. the rest i haven't seen so far.

Though i'm an actor driven viewer, I do experiment also based on plot and genres and writer-director are also my further consideration. Thus, i was able to watch Signal, Punch and Reply 1988.  

Dramas like My Name is Kim Samsoon, Secret Garden and Punch,  i dropped them twice, thrice, early on, but unexpectedly, when i pick it up again, i can't stop anymore. This applies also to actors/ artist. Change of heart takes place after encountering them sometime :)

Becoz of Shinhye, I'm glad i met SJJ & AGH PD thru MoA.

I find SJJ a fascinating and intriguing writer. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

Hide contents

I'm not sure if it's ok to discuss it here in MoA thread...we're getting offtopic now. maybe we can DM or move to W thread. 

I don't know, maybe it's just a matter of first impression or prejudice. It doesn't matter to me whether she looks pretty or not, when I'm moved by the actor once, I'm all set. I have only seen HHJ in Masquerade and none of her drama pieces, which btw i heard we're all very good.  I like Kang Sora in Dr. Stranger. She has this elegant & mature vibe. I like Shinhye since Stairway. She was typecasted, have lots to improve but she's growing. My fav JS role is Dr. Stranger followed by Pinocchio then School 2013. the rest i haven't seen so far.

Though i'm an actor driven viewer, I do experiment also based on plot and genres and writer-director are also my further consideration. Thus, i was able to watch Signal, Punch and Reply 1988.  

Dramas like My Name is Kim Samsoon, Secret Garden and Punch,  i dropped them twice, thrice, early on, but unexpectedly, when i pick it up again, i can't stop anymore. This applies also to actors/ artist. Change of heart takes place after encountering them sometime :)

Becoz of Shinhye, I'm glad i met SJJ & AGH PD thru MoA.

I find SJJ a fascinating and intriguing writer. 

I just went to see your profile, and I saw that you were a woman.
So it doesn't surprise me that you cling to dramas about male actors, as I do about female actors.
I continue the conversation in spoiler, so as not to be too off-topic.

Spoiler

Concerning LJS, I didn't like "Dr Stranger" very much, because it was very overplayed at times (especially at the beginning). And I would have liked the romance with Kang Sora to have taken precedence over the one planned with that horrible actress who had already partially ruined the excellent drama "Bridal Mask".

After "W", "Pinochio" was the best drama I saw with LJS, closely followed by "I hear Your Voice". In fact, I had spotted this actor before, in "Secret Garden", in which he plays a secondary role. I liked this actor because he has great transparency. He is not hermetic, inevitable emotions spring from his face, he may seem fragile and strong at the same time. However, I don't find his acting very diversified or exceptional, it's just that he's naturally great. It's really very easy to identify with him, for someone quite emotional like me, who can't hide his emotions either.
I had a great pleasure to see him after "W" in "while you are sleeping", a very good drama that I obviously advise you, full of optimism, despite the fatalistic side of the pitch.

Another male actor greatly impressed me for a short time: Lee djong wok.
I was a fan of the actress Lee Da-Hae, after seeing her in "Miss Ripley", where she plays a heartbreaking and ambiguous role, full of psychological truth. I had the impression I was seeing Isabelle Adjani in Korean. (my favorite French actress, who often plays crazy or psychologically very disturbed female roles)
I've seen almost all of Lee Da-Hae's dramas. Lee djong wok plays in the very classic "my girl".
But he also plays with her in "Hotel King". And in this drama, Lee djong wok is totally phenomenal. At that moment, I thought he would become one of my favorite male actors, but unfortunately, this was not confirmed later.

EDIT: if you look at W soon, put your comments in the dedicated topic, I will come with pleasure to comment, and follow some episodes, even if I already know them by heart.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, alcides14ahjumma said:

@Kasmic still trying to figure out how to change my avatar to a zombie, since I :tears:

It's ok you dont need to change the beautiful PSH to a zombie lol! But for future reference if you want to change your profile pic go to your profile page and click that icon

cba8b9caccf97ba5bc77c2d79708ffb3.png

Then it should lead you to this

36f4a64deef98256c33a94300ec0a3d0.png

Then choose how you want to upload the images or gifs either thru your own computer / URL/gravatar/ or no photo. The images you have must be 0.49MB in size otherwise it wont work. Goodluck! :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[SBS Star] Park Shin Hye Shares the Cutest Couple Photos with Hyun Bin

ê¸°ì¬ ëí ì´ë¯¸ì§:[SBS Star] Park Shin Hye Shares the Cutest Couple Photos with Hyun Bin

The co-stars of a recently-ended drama 'Memories of the Alhambra'―actress Park Shin Hye and actor Hyun Bin shared photos which show off their great chemistry.

On January 28, Park Shin Hye uploaded two pictures of herself with Hyun Bin on her social media account with the caption, "Photos from the party after wrapping up our drama."

Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin

In the pictures, Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin make playful poses, which shows the density of their friendship that they have managed to build in the last couple of months while working on 'Memories of Alhambra' together.

Despite their 8-year age gap, they seemed to have found many things in common and became close friends.

'Memories of the Alhambra' is about an investment firm executive 'Yoo Jin-woo' (Hyun Bin) meeting a woman named 'Jung Hee-joo' (Park Shin Hye) who runs a hostel in Granada, Spain while searching for the cryptic creator of an innovative augmented reality (AR) game.

It was highly praised for its creative plot and its unexpected twists, and ended with a viewership rating of 9.9% on January 20.

Spoiler

Meanwhile, Park Shin Hye looks forward to unveiling her new movie 'Call' soon.

(Lee Narin, Credit= 'ssinz7' Instagram, tvN Memories of the Alhambra) (SBS Star)

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005118236 

• Like 6
  • Love 2