Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

1 minute ago, kokkuri33 said:

What happened to Marco? Wasn't his game character a bug that was never deleted?

I was wondering about him too, but I remembered that Seju said he got out now cuz JW completed the quest, so he prolly disappeared then, otherwise, he would've appeared again when they opened the server, or the writer and director are stupid again and left it out :))))

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

After watching with eng sub, I'm somewat relaxed. 

From my understanding JW was hidden in dungeon for past one year which was created by SJ.. And HJ still believes he will come back. 

So JW is still alive in real and helping other users, and other users can see him, how is that possible? 

If that was the case why didn't SJ not seen by JW at the Granada train station? Is it something like in control with master , like if the master wants others to see them, then others can see or they can't see? 

Confused!!! 

So now JW is still in the game world as a real person. And someone has to level up to release him from that. But that will take a long time,as in the conversation from HJ and 2 guys in cafe they told for now the highest level is 25...

So I will take it as not a really sad ending. But writer could have made it much better.. Far better actually!! If only there were sweet scenes between JW HJ.. If only 

My heart aches thinking that dress room kiss was there last kiss and after the kiss how JW eyes looked sad. I can't forget that! 

How JW holded HJ hand tightly for one last time, convinced her to go home with that painful smile. I can't forget that whole scene. So heartbreaking! 

JW staring at HJ house. I can't!  So much heartbreaking. Why he has to suffer so much? Just why?  

I am sure disappointed about the ending. But when I look back I am fully immersed with JW and HJ.. I can feel there pain. I'm just thankful that such character exists. There love is real! One thing I'll take from these two is TRUST. I have learnt to trust my other half whatever the situation is and how HJ did. Very rare to find such love.. :bawling:

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, suejee2014 said:

just finished the series! i was eagerly looking for the explanation for the glitch in the game. it was very superficially explained as a bug! would have preferred the current CEO master minding it. i was actually shocked to see him login 145th time. i didnt know he was also logging into the game! but that was not explained. i would have really preferred human element creating that bug. it would have been even more interesting. 

a bug would have allowed to log in without even smart lens! i wonder! cant expect logic in such stories.

coming to the open ending, i think i kind of expected it. First after so many killings, it will look funny to have heroine running to her hero and both living happily ever after. Jin woo really has become a tired hero after the repeated killing. One year of killing even game villains will take the toll. as it isnot evn happening inside the screen. it wouldnt have suited for jin woo to settle into mundane married life. 

Open ending gives me a hope too! like how jin woo went on a quest and save se joo, i really want Hye joong to go on quest now. PSH was completely wasted in this damsel in distress role. i think she has grown a lot more to play such docile chr. 

After doctors, i was hoping to see her kickass in this game show. hoping to see a second season where she will be badass inside the game and finally getting a proper romance too! 

But that would happen if we get a season. but will we???

I don’t think he’s trapped in the instance dungeon. I think he’s traumatized and created it to protect himself against all his enemies in both the game world and the real world. But since it’s a year later, all the real world problems are solved now, and he has been seen shooting NPCs, I think he just needs the courage to come back to the real world again. PSH will login, find him, and convince him to come back, just like when her brother came back when the quest was completed and Marco disappeared as a threat. He just needs to be reassured.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ash011 said:

I am sure disappointed about the ending. But when I look back I am fully immersed with JW and HJ.. I can feel there pain. I'm just thankful that such character exists. There love is real! One thing I'll take from these two is TRUST. I have learnt to trust my other half whatever the situation is and how HJ did. Very rare to find such love.. :bawling:

couldn't have said it better myself, completely agree

• Like 5

Just finished watching with subs. I actually had a smile on my face. I know it was an open ending and I will email to Netflix for the hanging-in-the-air ending but that said, it was a whimsical and as someone said, a poetic end to HJ-JW at least. Yes, they hardly met in the last two episodes(they didn't even meet), but I guess their love was always this 'Magical', almost spell-binding, they are together yet they trick us that we aren't. Hence, I can understand why the writer chose not show a hug, but ended up putting a specific message in the end, reading(Netflix version), trust is the magic that changes the world, not technology. Till the very end, it was HeeJu's magical trust in Jin Woo that surpassed magical technology. 

The majority of the episode had HJ waiting for her love to return because she decided to ''trust 'his words more than Director's, yet, their meeting happened and also didn't happen. They met and also they didn't meet. Now you see me, now you don't. Magic is simply a trick to the audiences eyes, you can chose to believe it or you don't. I think the writer took the word "magic' way more seriously than she should have and at least for the sake of our weak hearts and romance hungry viewers, she could have shown a hug. It didn't have to be so specifically 'magical' as it turned out to be. I am not satisfied, but, it is not a tragedy. There are far worse tragedies that I have seen and read. At least his physical body is somewhere in game limbo.

If there was an episode 17, I think HeeJu and Jin Woo both would have settled in that 'instance dungeon' or whatever, peacefully and never come out of there(I didn't even understand the concept of instance dungeon), but whatever it is. At least it is a dungeon and no one can enter it. :D Since he is the new master and unlike SeJu who used the dungeon to hide, he will probably use it to keep peace in the game and help the underdogs. I doubt that any one in a loong time can reach level 100, so Zinu shall be there for quite some time. Like I have said before, it will be weird ending; it is weirder than weird. 

Hyun Bin deserves every award this year for his performance. Period. 

For all it's mind-bending complexities, theories, fun, laughter, hate, criticism; Memories of Alhambra is still an unforgettable ride. I soo had wished that they would have shown at least one more scene of Alhambra but I guess, they ran out of money. 

And alas! It ended. It feels only yesterday when I started watching this show. I think I have also settled in instance dungeon. Time and space don't matter anymore. Am I crying? Or I am not? Hehe..:)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

God I cant. 

This writer.

I WANTED A HAPPY ENDING FOR JIN WOO

IN HEE JU's ARMS NONE THE LESS

I mean she gave a happy ending in W: the Two worlds and the guy wasnt even real there.

Come on, a glory shot of them meeting would have eased me.

Frankly, what really got to me is the towards the end, JW only had the tremendous urge to live,but still chose be sacrificing and did everything alone. Is that good or bad, not sure, but it does make for a brooding drama hero.

When Emma stabbed him, I was stunned. My guess ; PSH said yes just for that one scene, she looked scary stabbing him.

Anyway I am going to create my fan fic of how Hee Joo realizes JW is alive and all planning to level up till 100 and get him out. 

Genius Bro, its time to use that brain and get your savior back.

*I love this drama's attention to details. They had See Ju come back in Granada and not in Korea which thankfully makes sense* 

If ultimate sacrifice is always the answer to solve everything then there wont be any meaning for existing. 

Frankly, I never thought I will say this but I will take the ending to queen In Hyun's man anytime to MoA. 

Gripe over.

It will be a while to let this go.

Time to go back and stare at the dimple shot. 

Edited by classyviews
  • Like 9

Really disappointed..... I wait nearly a year to see MOA and have patience to watch every ep.   I cannot accept such finale... this writer does not deserve to have HB and PSH as the main lead, it is totally waste of their talent, our time and expectation.  Yes, HB and PSH pls have another romance drama....

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, ash011 said:

After watching with eng sub, I'm somewat relaxed. 

From my understanding JW was hidden in dungeon for past one year which was created by SJ.. And HJ still believes he will come back. 

So JW is still alive in real and helping other users, and other users can see him, how is that possible? 

If that was the case why didn't SJ not seen by JW at the Granada train station? Is it something like in control with master , like if the master wants others to see them, then others can see or they can't see? 

Confused!!! 

So now JW is still in the game world as a real person. And someone has to level up to release him from that. But that will take a long time,as in the conversation from HJ and 2 guys in cafe they told for now the highest level is 25...

So I will take it as not a really sad ending. But writer could have made it much better.. Far better actually!! If only there were sweet scenes between JW HJ.. If only 

My heart aches thinking that dress room kiss was there last kiss and after the kiss how JW eyes looked sad. I can't forget that! 

How JW holded HJ hand tightly for one last time, convinced her to go home with that painful smile. I can't forget that whole scene. So heartbreaking! 

JW staring at HJ house. I can't!  So much heartbreaking. Why he has to suffer so much? Just why?  

if that's the case, aren't masters stupid.. aren't masters supposed to create mystery quest which is super super super easy to deal with :P so that they can be freed early unless the game decides the "complexity" level in which case it really is the game designing mystery quest..

9 minutes ago, classyviews said:

God I cant. 

This writer.

I WANTED A HAPPY ENDING FOR JIN WOO

IN HEE JU's ARMS NONE THE LESS

I mean she gave a happy ending in W: the Two worlds and the guy wasnt even real there.

Come on, a glory shot of them meeting would have eased me.

@bold.. :lol: :joy:

i don't know how is queen inhyun's man adn nine (dropped this in between)..

but if w and MoA are anything to go by, this writer does not have skills for sci-fi drama but only the skills to identify scenario for drama setting which is unique

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Yes, it’s an open ending but a hopeful one.

The drama is about the power of trust and believing in another person.  Jinwoo is in an instant dungeon that he himself as the master created.  It comes down the importance of that one person who believes in him despite all odds - Hee Joo.  Although she may not appear to play a significant role in the story, she is the key to Jinwoo’s resurrection.  At least it is hinted that she will be.  She never lost hope in finding him someday.  Now that she has logged back and will see him at the plaza, Hee Joo will not give up at bringing him back.

It’s pretty much hinted that her trust and love will be Jinwoo’s savior.  The magic is her love. Maybe she herself will master up :lol: 

Just finished watching the episode, and yeah, yeah, yeah... trust is more important than technology, there is magic in the world, blah, blah, blah.

I think my issue with this drama is pretty much the same one with W, the logic fails become too big for me to ignore. She gives us an interesting world, and then she doesn't know how to resolve the world that she's created, especially when it comes to that fantasy/RL barrier that she likes to play with. So, there is no internal consistency. It's hard even to just relax, watch, and accept what we're told to be believe, because things that happen later in the story contradict things that she had told us in the story already with no rhyme nor reason.

In this case, we're supposed to believe that JW as the master was able to create an instance dungeon for himself to protect himself temporarily. And, thus, he may be able to return some day once someone else has leveled up to 100, solved the master's quest, and become the new master. We can infer this since that is how SJ was able to free himself from his instance dungeon. SJ was apparently even able to communicate somewhat with other players since he said that he had sent the quest to JW, presumably while SJ was still in his instance dungeon protecting himself. Though, if he could communicate, why was his communication so limited? Because JW is able to interact with other players in a way that SJ apparently couldn't, or perhaps wouldn't because SJ is a frightened little mouse apparently.

Btw, the magic has to run strong in this world since the game had reset itself, deleting all of the old records and logins. However, JW with his instance dungeon also resisted being deleted when the game got reset, plus kept his master level. So, the instance dungeon is also a temporal dungeon, since SJ hadn't changed at all from the time he had disappeared, other than his wounds being healed and his being cleaned up somehow, that also is able to hold real matter since it held SJ's corporeal body and now apparently JW's.

But even accepting all that, SJ didn't die in the game in order to form his instance dungeon. JW however was erased by Emma, so at which instance did JW form his instance dungeon to hide himself in, if the master has to create the instance?

Okay, I'm going to stop now because I could just continue to point out logic fail after logic fail, and it's going to get old. Needless to say, these fails prevented me from enjoying the last episode.

Also, I appreciated the final montage of HJ and JW, but I think that was definitely the Director trying to save his work from the criticism storm that is currently happening by trying to end it on a note of romantic love, as feeble an attempt as it is.

I don't know. The actors looked good in this drama, especially JW and HJ, but the drama itself fails to be inspiring in any way, and leaving the open ending which is supposed to leave us with a semblance of hope instead feels dreary and self-aggrandizing to the author, imho.

Well, it's been interesting and fun sharing this thread with everyone. Thanks for keeping it lively. Hope to see everyone on other threads in the future!

• Like 15
  • Insightful 1

4 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

if that's the case, aren't masters stupid.. aren't masters supposed to create mystery quest which is super super super easy to deal with :P so that they can be freed early unless the game decides the "complexity" level in which case it really is the game designing mystery quest..

@bold.. :lol: :joy:

THIS 

YES I mean why would you want kill the person who is going to help you.

The only explanation is that the levels were created way before and inside the game, the master had no real control on game bugs and level difficulty. Still that just makes them stupid.

And In Hyun Man is LOOOVEEEE!! 

Highly recommend it. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ismaeni said:

Why seju did nothing???he's creator of the game right??

the writer didn't focus on Seju at all and that's sad tbh, she could've used his character to solve many things, but chose not to. 

----

a second season with another writer, focusing on JW and HJ's dating life, and Seju being a CEO and developing the games would be cool :tears:

• Like 4

Even after waking up from a rest, I still cannot accept that kind of ending. Hence I’m skipping the final episode. I can’t accept it, not just because it’s heart breaking to see these two not even meet again, but the explanation for the game was not even truly cleared. I, as the viewer, am supposed to just accept that it was a bug this whole time. Then what about all the real deaths? I still don’t get it <_< im guessing his narration from beginning episodes must be his narration from the game itself. I’m disappointed in the ending and game concept itself. Maybe weeks from now or even a year from now, I can gather my courage to watch this tragic kind of ending. 

but one thing I will accept is that everyone worked hard on this drama. I don’t feel that HB and PSH wasted their talents here. They showcased their abilities very well and I love their expressions in the eyes of their sweetest moments. JW who fought all the way to level 100 and HJ who spent all the time she could with him. it was sweet in its own magical making. I hope they get casted together again as leads so I can watch their chemistry once more. I will be waiting to watch HB and/or PSH’s next drama project. 

@Kasmic my thought is since JW literally saved the game, answer for poll 2 is JW. But as I’m very disappointed and feel void of the answers we didn’t get but was made to supposingly get, I will just leave my zombie pic for a week more before changing it. Oh, how my heart aches when I think of that ending. It left a bigger void. I was hoping everything would unfold nicely but instead it just made me feel a bigger void. The beginning to the end..I still have questions unanswered :crazy:

well my MOA chingus, I will be cruising at other threads so won’t be coming here as often as I do now. Let us all meet again in another drama thread ;)

@Kasmic @ktcjdrama @moodypie @butterflysaga @stroppyse @packmule3

It was nice to meet all of you guys here again on a drama we watch together :D We had one hell of a roller coaster ride with this one.

To all my other chingus who I met here, let us all meet again on another thread where we can spazz, vent and spam together ;)

Adios, mis amigos! :heart:

• Like 12

W, genius!

In Hyun's Man, haven't seen it yet.

But MOTA? One of the best dramas I've seen until that ending.

Writer...

giphy.gif

Seriously! I can't even understand myself! What was that?! Huh?! What was that?!

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

No offence . . . but I actually really like the finale and thought the writer was brilliant.  From my perspective, in the end, Jin Woo died as the user Zinu, but remained as the "Master" of game.  Per Se-ju, only Master is given the access to create the "Instance Dungeon" in times of danger to deceive / vanish from enemies.  However, based on Se-ju's experience in the Instance Dungeon for the past year, it seems like a third dimension - aside from reality and the virtual world.  Therefore, Jin Woo, like Se Ju a year ago, may still be alive and existing in the same time and place but in a different dimension.  Different from Se-ju, Jin Woo is not "stuck" in the game and waiting for someone to come rescue him. 

With all the tragic events that happened to him, and all the pain that he has to experience in losing and letting go of the ones he loves and trust, Jin Woo "choose" to escape from reality . . . to the third dimension . . . until he is able to overcome his own darkest demons . . . to entrust himself with others and to love again.  He trusted and opened his heart to Hee-joo / Emma, but in the end, Emma stabbed and killed him (as Zinu) in the game since she perceived him as a "bug".  Also, Jin Woo noticed that those closest to him eventually ends up dead . . . his parents, his best friend (Cha Hyung-seok), his mentor (Professor Cha), his secretary . . . and his doesn't want the love of his life . . . Jung Hee-joo . . . to end up that way . . . he would never forgive himself and would be devastated if she does.  Jin Woo has come to the conclusion that he may be a "bug" in reality as well, being the cause of all this tragedy. 

For all the things that Jin Woo has been through in the past years, he is having a very hard time distinguishing between reality and non-reality . . . like how Se-ju was having a very hard time telling the difference as to whether the rain and thunder was real or non-real.  At the moment, Jin Woo really needs the time to sort things out with himself.  As for why he suddenly appears after a year of gone missing, it is because of the launching of the game to the public, and the resulting dangers of its users playing the game in the real world . . . real people were actually getting injured in real life.  For this game, it appears that the bug/glitches are created once a real player actually dies while playing the game.  Also, it was never noted as to whether or not "Emma" was deleted from the reset, launched version of the game.  All in all, the limitation of the game is still a mystery.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JojoCx3 said:

the writer didn't focus on Seju at all and that's sad tbh, she could've used his character to solve many things, but chose not to. 

----

Well the writer focused on one thing for sure to show EX WIFE'S characters. 

Do the writer has any personal liking towards ex wife's.. **wondering** or any personal problem? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, fauna said:

I don’t think he’s trapped in the instance dungeon. I think he’s traumatized and created it to protect himself against all his enemies in both the game world and the real world. But since it’s a year later, all the real world problems are solved now, and he has been seen shooting NPCs, I think he just needs the courage to come back to the real world again. PSH will login, find him, and convince him to come back, just like when her brother came back when the quest was completed and Marco disappeared as a threat. He just needs to be reassured.

what do you mean?? are you saying that JW is now an addicted to the game? I seriously don't understand how the whole game is functioning... I'm so confused..and i think the writer also confused about the drama that she write..LOL

Writernim completely lost and didn't know how to solve the issue and problem that she created in the storyline.. If she make JW alive, police will investigate and he will accused murdered 3 people! That's the most big problem that writernim unable to solve.. 

Writernim should know that if she gonna write a drama, she should know how to write a begining and the ending of the drama.. this drama is a pre production drama and writer has a lot of time writing and thinking the best ending for a drama..Writernim should have know what is the expectation from viewers especially they know that the big name like Hyun Bin & Park Shin Hye involved in the drama.. Writernim should know how both actor's fans gonna react if they know about the bad ending like this gonna happen..i'm sure 99% viewers wanted a clear happy ending with a passionate kiss and not an open ending like this with HJ scene is on her way to look after JW at the park but they only show JW silhouette.. totally absurd! 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ash011 said:

Well the writer focused on one thing for sure to show EX WIFE'S characters. 

Do the writer has any personal liking towards ex wife's.. **wondering** or any personal problem? 

she gotta show that she cares for all her characters somehow :lol:

anyways, these two, especially Yura wasn't necessary ..hell, even Sujin, they showed us that she donated the money? was that really necessary ...... she could've used the minutes on something useful :) one thing for sure, this episode was all a mess, and they didn't know what to do with it, so they went with the typical stuff, all happy characters (ex for the main).

-----------

@rAMYlola isn't it ridiculous? someone, maybe HJ has to play the game for idk another year? till she can be the master and JW  gets out? and for what? Seju was afraid cuz of Marco, but JW has no one to be scared of, and if what u said him feeling like a bug irl resulted to this, then why he didn't hide irl instead of a game? he knows how hard it is for someone to help him out someday, and he def knows that when he shows up, HJ gonna go and rescue him. And when the police dropped the case, he could've shown up again. JW is smart, but if what u said is the case, then he became an idiot tbh. Also, the writer could've showed us how he disappeared, and hid himself? and not just showing us his aches or whatever that was, so we could understand him more.

• Like 2