[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

10 more K-dramas we can't wait to watch in 2018

por whatakdrama en Jue., Ago 02, 2018

ae0c4cd3-3bc9-452e-9d1a-ed67b79a5fa1.png
 17  0

We already have a number of great shows in stock like My ID is Gangnam Beauty, Thirty but Seventeen, and Are You Human Too. But what other K-dramas are on the horizon? Scroll down to find out! (This is an update to 15 K-dramas we can’t wait to watch in 2018 published in January.)

6. Memories of Alhambra

80da98cf-9884-462d-8c4a-47609773fa18.jpg

Starring: Park Shin Hye and Hyun Bin

Release date: November 19 (tvN)

Venture capitalist Yoo Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) travels to Granada, Spain, and spends a night in an old hostel run by Jung Hee Joo (Park Shin Hye).

Skipped.....

• Like 7

@verit : unable to see your posted YouTube link....don’t know if it’s just for me. What is it about....curious...:)

@intrariver : No worries! You are welcome! I am not sure about the plot except what’s there for all to see. Everything from the story to BTS pics or rather any pic has been kept totally secret by the production team. What little we see is from the very enterprising fans and admirers of Shinhye and HB.

i actually prefer not knowing the plot. But, pic of the OTP once a while wouldn’t be bad.:) 

It’s good to see you like SH too. She is definitely not shy! Never has been except when enacting a scene. She is also not overwhelmed in any situation or by anyone no matter how big a celebrity since she has been in the Entertainment industry from a very young age. She herself is a big Hallyu and global star in her own right. Just wanted to set that straight for those who don’t know about her. 

@lduc : just wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated at the earliest with the latest news about the drama and related matter.:D

@frozentundra : having not watched any of SJJ’s dramas, I feel reassured from your post in regards to the plot/story. It’s the only area I am unsure about . Thanks :D

• Like 3

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2018] Memories of Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억- Hyun Bin, Park Shin Hye
15 hours ago, maris1 said:

@verit : unable to see your posted YouTube link....don’t know if it’s just for me. What is it about....curious...:)

@intrariver : No worries! You are welcome! I am not sure about the plot except what’s there for all to see. Everything from the story to BTS pics or rather any pic has been kept totally secret by the production team. What little we see is from the very enterprising fans and admirers of Shinhye and HB.

i actually prefer not knowing the plot. But, pic of the OTP once a while wouldn’t be bad.:) 

It’s good to see you like SH too. She is definitely not shy! Never has been except when enacting a scene. She is also not overwhelmed in any situation or by anyone no matter how big a celebrity since she has been in the Entertainment industry from a very young age. She herself is a big Hallyu and global star in her own right. Just wanted to set that straight for those who don’t know about her. 

@lduc : just wanted to say thanks for keeping us updated at the earliest with the latest news about the drama and related matter.:D

@frozentundra : having not watched any of SJJ’s dramas, I feel reassured from your post in regards to the plot/story. It’s the only area I am unsure about . Thanks :D

It is just about fan video related PSH and HB. Before drama it sounds like good watching.

• Like 3

@maris1 Her endings can be a little loose after a complicated plot (ahem, Nine), but if you want an interesting story where something actually HAPPENS, then she is a great pick for that. Of course all stories are subjective--one person will love to pieces a storyline that leaves another person cold. But I'm a little prejudiced in this case, cause when I saw her most recent drama, I felt like she'd snuck inside my brain, taken stock of everything I ever wanted in a drama, and mixed it all up into one storyline, just for me. I have another favorite drama writer who recently disappointed me, so I'm keeping an open mind and trying not to expect any one specific thing. But I'm still looking forward to it very much. :) 

• Like 4

That’s great news....second phase of filming abroad begins....more beautiful and culturally rich places. I got to learn so much more about Spain while following the filming. Now, cannot wait to do that for Hungary and Slovenia... I believe HB has Press conference for his movie Negotiations on Aug 9 and SH also has CF filming....

@frozentundra : really appreciate your in-depth input on SJJ’s dramas and writing style.

She sounds creative with her script...walking a path of her own. That’s bound to invite lots of discussions and critics. Something that brings lot of anticipation along with a little anxiety for HB-SH followers who want this  highly lookforward comeback drama to do well. 

The Stranger PD at helm of the original script supported with excellent cast and what seems like hefty budget does translate into good production. Enough to look forward to Nov...

Like you so rightly said we should have an open mind.....:D

• Like 5

I think the point where people run into problems is when they expect a certain very exact storyline or something, and it turns out to be something else. So as long as we keep an open mind, I think we're good. If you want an idea of what this writer can do, though, do check out her other dramas while you're waiting. 

Nine--more on the cerebral, problem solving side than strictly the emotional side. A very complicated time travel plot that spouts all kinds of new realities on top of each other. My one complaint (besides the open ending) is that the female characters don't ever cause things in the plot to happen--they are simply just affected. 

Queen Inhyun's Man--time travel with a super smart protagonist who might come from Joseon times but who adapts and turns things to his advantage in the present. Female lead is gutsy in this one (Yoo In Na, if you are wondering). 

W--Two Worlds--travel between alternate realities of "the real world" and a manhwa. It's like Plato and the cave, asking questions about what is real, etc. I felt like all of the characters were needed and balanced against each  other. Again, I appreciated a smart hero who learns, and also a smart heroine who figured things out, too. Structurally I wish they had had more power in the final resolution, but the things I loved were SO overwhelming that I can overlook some of the weaknesses at the end. A nice genre blender, too (action, fantasy, romance, humor, even a little horror).

So if you tell me there are alternate realities in this one, I feel quite confident that the writer can pull it off. :)

• Like 5

@frozentundra : Totally agree there about people’s preconcieved expectations about a drama often letting them down specially in genre like fantasy /AR. That’s why I am quite content about not knowing any details about the plot or filming pictures. But, after reading what you had to say....will pray that Augmented reality will be part of it.

Only completed ‘The Three Musketeers’ which I enjoyed. Started QIHM and ‘Nine...’ long time back but couldn’t go beyond Episodes 2 & 1 respectively. Not too enamoured of the Fantasy genre. Maybe, should once again give them a go after your illuminating input.

Am hoping for a well written strong female protagonist....not an insipid forgettable one that is just an extension of the male lead. That would be a total waste of SH’s abilities and this OTP. Also, would make for a boring watch.

QIHM and Nine were written in collaboration. SJJ won the best screenplay award for ‘ W ‘ so am hoping for even better results for MOA. 

After all one is supposed to get better with time and the big advantage is  the cast / director to make her creation become alive for us viewers. The  beautiful setting will surely make things even more watch worthy.

With so many things to look forward to....I find myself ignoring the rare anxious moments and feel more excited about the drama. :D

• Like 3

Oh, thanks for the reminder about The Three Musketeers, @maris1! I haven't seen that, I shall have to rectify that immediately. :) 

Genre is definitely something that is subjective. Fantasy is sort of this writer's thing, but I felt she had heart in the ones I watched. QIHM took me a bit to get into--at first I didn't care for the female lead, but she totally grew on me. And I agree with wanting the female lead in general to have a personality of her own. I loved PSH in Pinocchio but there was another drama that I couldn't finish of hers because of how it was written. I sorta wanted to reach through the screen and shake the writers and say, USE HER! SHE CAN DO STUFF! Lol. (Maybe that eventually happened, but it took so long that I gave up...) I'm hoping for a good match here, though. W and Pinocchio are two of my all time favorite dramas, so I have hopes that this combination will work out well. :)

• Like 4

From the departing team leaving for filming abroad ( Hungary/ Slovenia ) ...it seems it will be for a month again. Most probably because HB need to be back for his MV Premiere on 19th Sep. 

@frozentundra  : we seem to be on the same page in regards to our expectations from the drama and writers in general...

enjoy watching the three musketeers....:)

Pinocchio is one of my favourites too. I love her in all......:D

• Like 6

I find it so interesting to watch kdramas filmed abroad, I don't know why. I love Korea, but seeing another country through Korean eyes is fascinating to me. (Are You Human Too just did that with the Czech Republic.) But is any part of this drama taking place in Korea?? Spain...Hungary...Slovenia...it all sounds so very exotic. :) 

But yeah, if they are doing all this traveling around, I can see why it won't be released until November. (I really hope it does well--I would guess that makes this a much larger financial investment than some dramas, too.)

• Like 6

I love the filming abroad since we get to travel other countries. But, I got to know more about the places, the culture, history etc while researching them because of curiosity while watching their dramas. That’s how I learned even more about South Korea, China, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia and recently Spain ( As I followed the team to Granada, Barcelona, Terrassa and Girona). Time to research Hungary and Slovenia now :D

They did film in Seoul too after coming back from Spain uptil recently....Paradise City ( luxury resort, Seoul ), Incheon airport, a graffiti alley and I am sure other places we don’t know of. The varied nature of locations foreign and local does heighten interest in/curiosity about the plot. It’s a pity MOA is only a 16 ep drama. They surely will have footage for more episodes by the time filming winds up.

The financial aspect of the drama is huge! From the cast, production team and filming abroad ...they haven’t spared the money. The investor Studio Dragon is producing the drama for Netflix. It’s also likely to be sold to China’s Subscription over-the-top OTT Video market that is booming. Millions are forecasted to watch in 2018 via the subscription streaming services like iQiyi, Youku Tudou or Tencent. ( source: The Investor Korea)

So, I hope it does really well from all aspects...the financial, for our stars SH and HB AND from ours !

:thumbsup::blush:

• Like 7

[TRANS] #Parkshinhye IG 2018.08.11

I haven't had shooting for quite sometime bc of preparations overseas shootings, but today I'm leaving again. Please pray for our local staff who works hard there. Everyone take care of your healthy during this endless heatwave! I'll be back safely!!  cr: @YYSY_

• Like 6

The main cast is in Budapest, Hungary too for filming .......and is expected to return early Sep.

Park Shin Hye was live from Budapest Aug 12 ....

in 3 clips below....

I guess today was off with filming starting from Monday, Aug 13 ?:)

Spoiler

Spoiler

[TRANS] 120818 #ParkShinHye IG Live.

PSH: Hello everyone. It’s been a while so I chose to greet you guys by doing this IG live. 

PSH: The weather here is really nice.

Fan: Is it today your time to see sceneries?

PSH: No, it’s just me since I don’t have shootings today.

PSH: Looks like I don’t really have tight schedule here so I spend time going around.

PSH: It’s so pretty here, since I really want to see it I went here. What special here is .... (?) isn’t that amazing?

PSH: Right now I’m in Budapest. There’s a lot of people here.

PSH: You can’t hear what I say? It’s seems like my network here is not really good.

PSH: Now I will going to Buda Castles. Byee!

p/s: Translations might have wrongly translated since the video quality is not really good. Thank you..... 

@YYSY_ on twitter

All Translations above PSH Live courtesy: @YYSY_  on twitter

Thank you so much.... :D

Spoiler

Buda Castle, Budapest That PSH talked about visiting since she does not have filming today.....

pic ctto

IMG_4756.jpg

• Like 5

Lee Byung Hun x Kim Tae Ri vs Park Bo Gum x Song Hye Kyo vs Hyun Bin x Park Shin Hye, the best couple is? 

excrept.....from the above article....

A few new couples will rule the main screen this second half of this year and they’re ready to greet the viewers through their works.

The candidate of the new legendary couples has appeared in the second half of this year. First is the couple that appeared earlier than others Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Ri for Kim Eun Sook’s newest work tvN ‘Mr.Sunshine’. meanwhile Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum will meet each other in the second half of this year.

drama.jpg

Best HyunBin and Park Shin Hye Have also announced their historical meeting. The two of them are currently filming their new drama entitled ‘Memories of the Alhambra’ in Granada Spain ( in Hungary now). Park Shin Hye will play the role of JungJee Hoo, a woman who runs the old hostel meanwhile Hyun Bin will play the role of CEO who went for a business trip inGranada and stayed in a hostel that is run by Jung Hee Joo.

This drama is th3 combination of romantic comedy and fantasy written by the writer Song Jae Jung who is known for her great works. The two will get into series of strange things that happened to them after their meeting in the old hostel in the foreign country. The viewers are anticipating the story of the two of them that will unfold along with the beautiful and exotic background.

[ Needless to say....Though, all good artists in their own right but .....Hyun Bin-Park Shin Hye to me appear to be the most appealing and charismatic OTP of them. Let’s see at the end of these series...]:D

• Like 6