[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

It is 16 episodes drama, right? So we only have 4 episodes left. Wow, so fast, it will end. I hope that we can still have romance “department” in the remaining episodes. It was very slow romance story in the beginning.. I think we will have more game story again in episode 13.. 

Concerning the actor who plays Director Park, if any of you watched Hyde, Jekyll and me, isn’t he Hyun Bin’s character secretary in that drama? 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

It is 16 episodes drama, right? So we only have 4 episodes left. Wow, so fast, it will end. I hope that we can still have romance “department” in the remaining episodes. It was very slow romance story in the beginning.. I think we will have more game story again in episode 13.. 

Concerning the actor who plays Director Park, if any of you watched Hyde, Jekyll and me, isn’t he Hyun Bin’s character secretary in that drama? 

Yes he is :) they actually were pretty close cause of the previous time they worked together 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rori0711 said:

@Kasmic @stargazer187 @wenchanteur @packmule3 I'm star struck by SJJ and her rich parallelism in MoA. I especially love the balance of virtual and reality :wub::wub:

Oh! Are you also a fan of the writer SJJ?
She really has a style of her own, you can find some similarity in the way she tells her 4 fantastic dramas. There is always a feeling of wandering, the characters get lost and may never find each other again, or there is a butterfly effect dynamic, plus a lot of plot-twists and desperate loves. I even had strange dreams in which I found myself immersed in atmospheres and problems similar to those of her dramas. I think her stories touch deeper than we think. And I find that she is always renewing herself wonderfully regarding the theme and stories despite this common style.
Stay around, you should enjoy the story I'm writing, which is all about her style, W season 2, with a little less complicated flashback editing (it's really too difficult to do what she's doing in there), and a little more complexity and logic.

• Like 4

*party-pooper comes out of the hole:ph34r:*

For a moment I decided to return back to the weird planet Earth(planet MOA game) from the beautiful planet 'Magic Couple'. And this time I came back with a rather eerie theory but a more plausible one. So bear with me..

Not the game but Jin Woo is suffering from a psychological condition. 

I am aware that a few of our friends on this thread have repeatedly hinted towards this possibility since the very beginning of the drama. Jin Woo has often been called as cuckoo, bonkers, nutcase. I was one of those who believed that there is someone out there who is adamantly against Jin Woo causing upheaval in his life . But now I am more inclining towards a psychological  explanation of game and Jin Woo's condition. There are some members here who pointed towards hallucinations. Hallucinations are merely symptoms, symptoms of a much more severe psychological condition. I have actually opted for Psychology as one of my optional subjects in my bachelors program and if I were to diagnose Jin Woo, I would probably diagnose his condition as Paranoid Schizophrenia. 

This is one kind of schizophrenia that is extremely hard to detect as it is marked by extreme suspiciousness and complex delusions. People with paranoid schizophrenia may believe themselves to be Napoleon or Virgin Mary, or my insist that Russian spies with laser guns are constantly on their trail. Have you guys seen the Hollywood movie called 'A Beautiful Mind'; that movie was a classic example of such kind of schizophrenia. That person actually discovered 'game theory' while having constant hallucinations. These people can appear more 'normal' than act incoherent or 'crazy' if their delusions are compatible with daily life. However,  they become hostile or aggressive towards anyone who contradicts their delusions and would probably go to any lengths to prove that they are NOT delusional. 

I can now understand why it was not easy to detect Jin Woo's condition even for a Psychology student like me because;

-don't forget that we are still watching this show from Jin Woo's perspective; we are listening only  to what HE wants to tell us

-the writer has cleverly rather smartly encapsulated the psychological condition into this Augmented Reality game(AR is almost like hallucination)

I know it's hard to believe but this is one those explanations that has been right in front of our eyes since the very beginning but we have turned a blind eye towards it. People like KSB, police men, Prof. Cha, unfit medical reports all have repeatedly pointed towards this. Also, it has been mentioned several times that there is nothing wrong with the game through all those programming tests. It's only Jin Woo reported that the game is going haywire. And like I said before, such person would not admit that that she/he is being delusional, and would need constant re-assurances; first Seo and now HeeJu are his reassurances that he is not delusional.  Social/occupational dysfunction is another characteristic symptom of schizophrenia and this would explain why some of us have pointed towards the erratic behaviour changes in Jin Woo.

What if he was always the 'wolf' that gobbled up everything around him including the little red ridding princess?

There are two things that I am still doubtful about;

Marco's death and the very first scene of SeJu running. Marco's death could  be related drugs to but  I am not sure whether SeJu train scene was also one of JW's hallucinations or not. Anyways, I still need more evidence to conclude my theory. One thing I am concerned about is if this drama is indeed a psychological thriller then they should openly come out and admit to it. Schizophrenia is one of the most researched disorders in Psychology and should not be treated insensitively. 

If anyone is interested in learning more about it, here is one link. Also if anyone else here is a major in Psychology or Psychiatry than she/he could throw some more light on this condition..

*party-pooper hides back into the hole:ph34r:*

Returning back to planet Magical Couple...:wub:

.2b1d2c3e-a640-4761-bfe8-fe2b3320e15a.gif

• Like 7

9 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

Oh! Are you also a fan of the writer SJJ?
She really has a style of her own, you can find some similarity in the way she tells her 4 fantastic dramas. There is always a feeling of wandering, the characters get lost and may never find each other again, or there is a butterfly effect dynamic, plus a lot of plot-twists and desperate loves. I even had strange dreams in which I found myself immersed in atmospheres and problems similar to those of her dramas. I think her stories touch deeper than we think. And I find that she is always renewing herself wonderfully regarding the theme and stories despite this common style.
Stay around, you should enjoy the story I'm writing, which is all about her style, W season 2, with a little less complicated flashback editing (it's really too difficult to do what she's doing in there), and a little more complexity and logic.

I'm a fan! Thanks to MoA :wub: I like her fresh, supernatural, subtle, philosophical story with just the right amount of romance.    

Tbh, this is my 1st SJJ drama where I watched at length.

Spoiler

I caught first 2 episodes of W only. Not familiar with Nine and QIHM. :blink: 

SJJ was pretty controversial after W. :sweatingbullets:  I ended up reading her interview.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/09/looking-for-answers-from-w-writer-song-jae-jung/ 

I'd be happy to read your W Season 2. I'm sure to catch up to it after MoA ;)

@siddy09 bumped at you in Magical couple planet :w00t: Sorry my bad, my eyes were transfixed on that kissing couple under the rain :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets: 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, rori0711 said:

I'm a fan! Thanks to MoA :wub: I like her fresh, supernatural, subtle, philosophical story with just the right amount of romance.    

Tbh, this is my 1st SJJ drama where I watched at length.

Her love stories are quite special.
I found a line in his "W" script that wasn't in my translation (maybe it's a dialogue of the script that wasn't put on the screen).
It was in episode 5, when Professor Park scolded Yoon-Jo after surgery.
Park - "Why on earth do Korean writers fall into romance if they do not get a story? Romance while investigating, Romance while judging, romance while doing surgery, Korea is a romance republic? he forgot all the genres."
This replica of Professor Park is a way for the author to make a parody of dramas in general.
The love story is Nine of very special. W's too, and was little misunderstood during the second part of the drama. There, Oh Yoon-Jo abandons her dreams of alice in Wonderland, and meets a mature man, who coldly on the surface, decides to commit himself to her.
MOA's love story itself is very special, and it's still a risk, because it doesn't necessarily correspond to the traditional canvas that you see in other dramas, and can be misunderstood by many viewers.

Edit: there is also a distinctive sign of her dramas, women suffer a lot! Men tend to lead the game. I wonder about that, because the author is a woman. I realize that in my story, women are more likely to lead the part about love stories. I happen to be a man, and not a feminist at all! It is as if the subjective impression changes sides according to gender. I imagine that we are all weak in the face of love, which is a very trying experience. So we write characters of our sex as more vulnerable, because they are experiences that we have suffered, feeling alone and helpless in the ordeal, in a position of weakness.

• Like 6

Guys someone might have mentioned this already and I am sorry if I am repeating it lol

soo I saw preview for so 13 again and at the end I see Jin Woo standing In front of Emma with the Same brown leather jacket in his hotel... hmm what does it mean??

does the golden Metal something only Emma can help him with?

and I think the reason why all NPC come after him is cause of his level... he is like a threat to all NPCs in the game 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Her love stories are quite special.
I found a line in his "W" script that wasn't in my translation (maybe it's a dialogue of the script that wasn't put on the screen).
It was in episode 5, when Professor Park scolded Yoon-Jo after surgery.
Park - "Why on earth do Korean writers fall into romance if they do not get a story? Romance while investigating, Romance while judging, romance while doing surgery, Korea is a romance republic? he forgot all the genres."
This replica of Professor Park is a way for the author to make a parody of dramas in general.
The love story is Nine of very special. W's too, and was little misunderstood during the second part of the drama. There, Oh Yoon-Jo abandons her dreams of alice in Wonderland, and meets a mature man, who coldly on the surface, decides to commit himself to her.
MOA's love story itself is very special, and it's still a risk, because it doesn't necessarily correspond to the traditional canvas that you see in other dramas, and can be misunderstood by many viewers.

Edit: there is also a distinctive sign of her dramas, women suffer a lot! Men tend to lead the game. I wonder about that, because the author is a woman. I realize that in my story, women are more likely to lead the part about love stories. I happen to be a man, and not a feminist at all! It is as if the subjective impression changes sides according to gender. I imagine that we are all weak in the face of love, which is a very trying experience. So we write characters of our sex as more vulnerable, because they are experiences that we have suffered, feeling alone and helpless in the ordeal, in a position of weakness.

Hey, your analysis about writer SJJ is always a great read, at least for me. Interestingly,  unlike many who picked this show because of Hyun Bin or Park Shin Hye, I am one of those who actually picked MOA because of the writer. W was my first K-drama and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Now coming to the real issue here which is SJJ being a woman yet her female character HeeJu is merely a card board cut-out and only there to make Jin Woo look great. I did not find this particular issue with W's female lead OYJ, she was always an equal, if not less comrade, partner in solving the mystery of two worlds. Many a times it was her only who saved KC through her insight and intelligence. Yet, I do agree that she did suffer. However, at times I do  fail to understand why wasn't HeeJu given a more substantial role since the very beginning. Is it because MOA is JinWoo's life narration but so was the case with YJ in W. Or is it because there never was any scope for her since gaming is mostly a masculine phenomena. 

bold

I agree with this. Both W and MOA has this particular characteristic. I am not sure why, but I can only contemplate; writers often embody their own life experiences and acquaintances in the characters they create. Their characters and expression often manifest a close relative, friend, forbidden love, failed relationship, betrayal etc. That's why when analysing a poet's poetry, we Literature students are required to make a comparison with his/her life history as well. Dominant male figures and female suffering could have been a feature of writer SJJ's life. 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Yasaman Asghari said:

Guys someone might have mentioned this already and I am sorry if I am repeating it lol

soo I saw preview for so 13 again and at the end I see Jin Woo standing In front of Emma with the Same brown leather jacket in his hotel... hmm what does it mean??

does the golden Metal something only Emma can help him with?

and I think the reason why all NPC come after him is cause of his level... he is like a threat to all NPCs in the game 

yo level up, complexity increases.. that's standard.. every player should instinctively know

• Like 5

Hola! Im so glad I have many interested in the poll. Let's start, I want a flood of zombies to haunt this forum :w00t: 

Let's have 2 polls going :D Thanx @vangsweetie637 for the ideas 

Poll question 1 : Will He Joo be apart of the game? Yes or No? Choose one answer and sorry no changes allowed. Make your wise choice. Polls starts now and will end before each episode is aired live. It will reopen after each episode and only if the answer isnt revealed.

Poll question 2 : Who is the final key to solve the "Alhambra" game error? Is it SJ, JW or HJ? Choose one character and sorry no changes allowed. Make your wise choice. Polls starts now and will end before each episode is aired live. It will reopen after each episode and only if the answer isnt revealed.

Consequences:  Winners will be grinners and are allowed to change your profile of your choice.

Losers turns their profile pics into zombies for 1 week. zombi-smiley.gif?1292867706&key=0e1f2ab2zombi-smiley.gif?1292867706&key=0e1f2ab2zombi-smiley.gif?1292867706&key=0e1f2ab2zombi-smiley.gif?1292867706&key=0e1f2ab2zombi-smiley.gif?1292867706&key=0e1f2ab2

Yes Im willing to give up my Anh Yoo Na and turn her into a zombie too. 

What to do? Tag me @Kasmic your answers and I'll pop you into the table. To tag a soompi member type the @ key followed by the first letter of the member's name and a list of names should prompt up. Keep typing the member's name until their full name pops up and click onto it. The name should be highlighted in blue thus that member will receive a notification that they've been notified....Please allow me to add to the table that way it will be easy for all to see.  Apologies if I make any mistakes as well and let me know if corrections are needed :tounge_wink:

So far for poll 1: 

YES - @imels @haha1999 @hyuuhikari@rori0711@stargazer187@LyraYoo@trust3

@kaoriharang @alcides14ahjumma@bebebisous33@vinhnguyen @katakwasabi

NO - @Kasmic @KymberleeD @ned_lee @kilumar@deluluishealthy@PororoQueen@siddy09@ecristino_at_ymail.com_stv@Sarang21

So far for poll 2: 

Jin Woo -  @PororoQueen@katakwasabi@siddy09 @ecristino_at_ymail.com_stv@trust3

Emma -  @Kasmic @haha1999@kaoriharang @rori0711@kilumar

Se Ju -  @imels @hyuuhikari@stargazer187@deluluishealthy@bebebisous33 @sarang21

Hee Joo - @alcides14ahjumma @KymberleeD @ned_lee @LyraYoo

Let's all have fun leading up to the the finale of MOA 

@LyraYoo @vangsweetie637  @hyuuhikari @stargazer187 @lduc @Sarang21 @ned_lee @deluluishealthy @rori0711 @PororoQueen @packmule3 @ktcjdrama @katakwasabi @mundaliv @siddy09 @wenchanteur @Yasaman Asghari @enigmatic_zephy @bebebisous33 @NileRose @alcides14ahjumma @angelineong @rocher22 @trust3 @an-naum @stroppyse @Jennypyho @jimmylyne @ecristino_at_ymail.com_stv @vinhnguyen @Jafstar @cloe_1409 @mrsj3n @nistymaj01 @kilumar @MMEDH @haha1999 @sunflower808 @dramaobsessed @evie7 @frankreich @heejooooxxxx @kaoriharang @liz-danielle @Lolastarlight1 @maris1

;) My apologies if I forgot anyone in my tagging

Edited by Kasmic
Adding names to the polls - THANK YOU!
  • Like 21
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, deluluishealthy said:

it's Fox Bride Star which end up have Lee Je Hoon and Chae Soo Bin as the lead stars. it's like a fate for me.

1. we can conclude that more than one PD-nim and SW got their eyes for HB and PSH as a couple, totally understand why.

2. HB and PSH say no and then yes. uh oh what a beautiful fate. :wub:

Fox Bride... that's it. It was bugging me since yesterday. Thank you Chingu! and your right any PD nim or writer would love to work with HB and PSH. Top it off as a pairing will be and has proven success.  I hope they work again ..*pray* 

12 hours ago, imels said:

did anyone notice there were actually 2 different servers for this game? one that was used by CHS or Dr. Cha(remember that he started playing the game before JW or Zinu?) and one servers in JW company operated by the tech guy. So, actually there were 4 initial players, Master, Marco, CHS and the 4th is Zinu. When park and the tech guy see aragon soldier defeated by somebody else, they got surprised that the player was CHS. 

so, I thought maybe PPC Cha Zombie actually operated by another server which still active untill now. And that server maybe interfering J-one server since sec Seo killed by NPC not real player. urrrgh... so many possibilities could be happened and become the reason behaind the death of real player.

So true and even Cha's company didnt pick up that JW was playing the game until both players stumbled upon each other. It must mean that its possible that there are other servers running plus players as well. They dont know of each others existence until they are within eyesight. Hmmm who else did Marco and SJ try to sell this game to? Mr Park and Prof Cha?

10 hours ago, deluluishealthy said:

I realized in the still pics, did Hee Joo see Jin Woo with all dirt and wound? if yes, what does it mean?

and @stargazer187 yep that cut wound in those preview stills. I think that happened when JW was confronting Prof Cha and the swarm of Joseon soldiers and ninjas we're coming to them/ JW. In the preview, you also see JW driving away but he was surrounded by the NPCs and that cut was there too. 

459f7bd24d68af70663cd6c304dc6a7f.png

Spoiler

29b9ff22733e355660f61ac150234204.png

and then when his talking to HJ he had no cut. Maybe the Joseon soldiers and ninja ambush happens later. 

EDIT -  I just looked at the next ep stills.... its different to the preview. Look at the comparison

b430ced9acdc5fae219686d317ddf741.png

DweIEsOW0AA1Dgm.jpg

JW was still in game mode while he was talking to HJ. All those dirt and cuts happened after he escaped at the university. HJ depending if shes in the game or not she can either see a clean uncut version of JW or the opposite.:blink:

and WOW more eagle eyes here ... @Yasaman Asghari JW and Emma were talking but I didnt notice the silver thing your referring. Maybe its the key and his showing it to Emma? 

Spoiler

2df2edfb2f74f033ba5ed94f0eb13b91.png

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

I love PHS coat here..*sigh* Im short so I cant pull it off as well as her

Love the color of the dress and she  looked really sexy while running to the train. 

This is not a excuse for me to post the kiss again ... who am I kidding? :wub:

They were beautiful... I mean the coat. 

5 minutes ago, hyuuhikari said:

Am I doing this right?

Poll 1: 

YES - @Kasmic

NO -

Poll 2: 

Jin Woo - 

Emma -

Se Ju - @Kasmic

The zombie animation is kind of cute:P

Wait you just confused me? whats your answer? :joy:

Is it Poll 1:  Yes and Poll 2: SJ ?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@stroppyse Ive lost many bets before so I know your pain of losing your profile pic even if its for a week lol! Ask @bebebisous33 Ive also lost count but all I know she's the one whom mostly wins lol! I think we should wait for her to place her bet and follow suit. :joy:

I was going to suggest a zombie kermit for you but then he looks horrific...better not

Spoiler

3bc26f058de7987b96a117347e236142.png and you dont want to see the rest :crazy:

38 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

If I were playing, I would answer Yes for Poll question 1, and request a clarification on Poll question 2. So, does Poll question 2 mean who will figure out why players who die in the game regenerate as NPCs? Or who will cause the game to rectify itself? Or who caused the "error" in the first place?

I took the question for poll 2 from tvN and since Im not a Daum member my vote wont count so I decided to create one here.

With this IG, I understood the question as who (out of SJ, JW and Emma) will be the key person to solve the error in the game? I initially thought it should be all 3 of them as you cant have one without the other - SJ is the game creator, JW levelled up to 100 thus he begins the quest and Emma ??? I havent figured that out and crap I chose her. :joy: I think I better get my zombie ready :joy:

It's not so much as to who, how or why the game became dangerous in creating deaths and zombie NPCs. I hope that makes sense to you or anyone here. 

Please you dont have to join, its all open to anyone to take part. No pressure :P and yes, your insights, translations and gushing is more than enough for many of us here. THANKS again for them. :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

I love PHS coat here..*sigh* Im short so I cant pull it off as well as her

I am so in love with this particular coat too... I would buybit if I see one like that. Reminded me of all the beautiful coats of female lead in Black Knight. It also reminded me of a dress with similar cut which I bought loooong time ago when I was young, but the sleeves and collar is a bit different. Needless to say, I can't fit into it anymore, but I still keep it, because it's made of a good fabric that felt so soft and one of my pricier purchase considering my age then. 

As for the poll, let me think about it. I want to guess but I think I will end up with a zombie, lol, and I am not ready to change my PP :( 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

@Kasmic, the problem is that I don't want to change my DP. I like my little Baby Kermit, and I was traumatized the one and only time I had to change it because of a bet. :D

If I were playing, I would answer Yes for Poll question 1, and request a clarification on Poll question 2. So, does Poll question 2 mean who will figure out why players who die in the game regenerate as NPCs? Or who will cause the game to rectify itself? Or who caused the "error" in the first place?

I know it's terribly rude of me, but I'm not really taking part in the poll. Sorry. My translations, analyses and gushing over the drama will have to be sufficient. But, the poll does sound like a lot of fun. :)

ha i like my dp too.

I would love if they tell us why the players get regenerated as NPC and why it is specific to the ones who killed the players.

Does that btw now that Prof Cha is JW's ally that Secretary Seo like NPC is gone?

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

@stroppyse Ive lost many bets before so I know your pain of losing your profile pic even if its for a week lol! Ask @bebebisous33 Ive also lost count but all I know she's the one whom mostly wins lol! I think we should wait for her to place her bet and follow suit. :joy:

I was going to suggest a zombie kermit for you but then he looks horrific...better not

Reveal hidden contents

3bc26f058de7987b96a117347e236142.png and you dont want to see the rest :crazy:

I took the question for poll 2 from tvN and since Im not a Daum member my vote wont count so I decided to create one here.

With this IG, I understood the question as who (out of SJ, JW and Emma) will be the key person to solve the error in the game? I initially thought it should be all 3 of them as you cant have one without the other - SJ is the game creator, JW levelled up to 100 thus he begins the quest and Emma ??? I havent figured that out and crap I chose her. :joy: I think I better get my zombie ready :joy:

It's not so much as to who, how or why the game became dangerous in creating deaths and zombie NPCs. I hope that makes sense to you or anyone here. 

Please you dont have to join, its all open to anyone to take part. No pressure :P and yes, your insights, translations and gushing is more than enough for many of us here. THANKS again for them. :thumbsup:

HELLO!

I pop out of nowhere.

I am surprise to even get tagged since I dont participate in the thread :P

But I will jump in on the poll for good fun.

Though I really dont wanna change my dp :P but anwayys for poll 1... YES

as for poll 2 - base on your clarification my guess is who is the key person.

I am truly torn between Emma and SJ, Emma has to serve a purpose soooooo I am going to go with...

EMMA for now.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1