[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

16 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Whatever the plot twists or how absurd the romance may presents, I just love watching MoA with all those goodness and its flaws. Despite with all of those, somehow this drama keep drawing me in, I'm impatiently waiting the episodes every week, talking about it anywhere anytime, watching their BTS and rewatching my faves episodes over and over. MoA really takes over my life for weeks already. It's what you can call it pretty alluring. 

That's the magic effect of Song Jae-Jung's dramas. :tounge_wink:
I await with anticipation a correct translation into French to review the entire MOA.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lxands said:

Beginners has to use the lense to log in & see what's going on to play the game. And once log in some NPC wud launch an attack to the beginners. Only the higher level players dont need to wear the lense when playing. And so far if I count correctly only 4 people have reach this level - SJ, Marco, deceased Cha & JW. Out 4, 2 are confirmed to be dead, 1 is missing & 1 is actively playing. The gunshot cud be from random NPC programmed to be in for this level players

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Cha isn't that high of level though...? He is only at level 4 when he died. So we can assume he was wearing the lenses at that time. The thing is, when JW died in the game by NPC in earlier level, he got automatically logged off. Then he has to log back in to resume playing. Whereas Cha didn't log out when he died. I am assuming a death should equal to automatic log off, otherwise, how can dead players log out from the game? It's not like they can wave their hands over their face to indicate log off like JW did.

So one of the things that writer-nim really need to address is why Cha could not automatically log off when he died? Or it is the game's programming that went wrong (or was wrong from the beginning) for death during a PvP duel? Could this be the thing that Cha asked SJ to tweak for the game, which made SJ thinks he is a bad person? And why am I analyzing the show again when I've promised to give my brain a break and just enjoy the ride? :P

O gosh, Saturday is still such a looooooong way for me, even more so because I have a lot that I need to complete before this week ends.

you both make clear points :) if the lens are only required during first log in, it means the lens are not necessarily required in the later stages. However, as @ktcjdrama stated, Cha was only at level 4 when he died. So I am wondering once you pass level 1, does that mean the lens no longer logs you off? Because JW logged off every time until he finally defeated the first soldier on his login. Now that I think of it more, the NPC snipers was from the software of J1. Seeing they programmed and changed who can appear or not, snipers would make sense in modern time. Thing is, I cannot seem to figure out exactly what is going on haha. If you remember the scene when HJ goes into the kitchen to make tea, Zombie Cha appears in the living room with JW. But no fight occurred. Zombie Cha was there and JW looks at him, then it cuts to the next day. I thought it was strange because usually, Zombie Cha is always after him. I have no idea what is going on.

haha @ktcjdrama our brains take a ride when we analyze these things. But the fun part is that we do it together :P that's the price we pay for watching dramas live when it is still airing hahaha we cannot just skip to the end or choose episodes lol

53 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Ohhh I thought the very same thing, where the game stirs the conscience of the players hence why Cha and Seo still exists. NPC Cha because he has a never-ending need to avenge against JW. Talk about friendly competition gone C.R.A.Z.Y. Then their is our loyal secretary - Seo whom will appear to protect his boss/ hyung :bawling:  Notice in the game, after Seo killed all those Zombies for JW and then disappeared it said that "Your ally has disappeared" then it continues to say "He may appear again when youre in danger"

So this could mean that it's OPTIONAL for both NPC Cha and NPC Seo to appear. Maybe when their cause of death is revealed then they may not appear again. 

About the smart lens, I thought maybe there was a main sponsor whom has always financially supported both Marco and SJ to develop the game concept. Someone like Prof Cha or Park whom has access to the smart lens as well. Though now after watching ep 12 Prof Cha looked genuinely scared of the game but I havent entirely ruled him out as my prime suspect. He could be a REALLY good actor and fool everyone. Notice his tester 103, who's tester 101 and 102? HJ and Park? :wacko:

As to how NPC Cha still appearing...I wonder if there is another server somewhere and this one controls the actions in Granada and those whom died there eg Cha and Seo. This could be the reason why J One (Korea) main server couldnt see or control whatever JW was experiencing in Granada and like you said NPC Cha still appearing in HJ house when the game was supposedly not on.

Also during the police car chase, the server was turned on and instantly JW was attacked,. But instead from Joseon soldiers, arrows it was a snipper. Is there a modern NPC in Korea now? May I also add, the game seem to change immensely. Suddenly all the NPCs are all programmed to hunt and kill JW. They even knew his location - either like before on the road (during the police chase) to later at the University with Prof Cha. Woah...someone mustve set that order in the program. :sweatingbullets:

This writer is tearing my brain, I can never predict what will happen. Im always left asking more questions than before. Maybe I shouldve just stick to my fav rom-coms. :P Oh but the suspense of "not knowing" is a thrilling chase....HA! the exact genre of this drama lol!

Luv your new profile pic :D

I was hoping for more skin of HB here...but it didnt happen.:P (*perve mode ON*)

Oh, yes. I had forgotten that small detail of screen pop out when Sec Seo disappeared after fighting those zombies. I think it goes along the procedure that the bond cannot be broken. If I remember correctly, once a bond is forged, it cannot be broken. I think it applies to enemies/allies. This can explain why Zombie Cha and Sec Seo keeps appearing. The bond forged (enemy or allies) cannot be broken. It explains why Sec Seo still comes to his aid and Zombie Cha still comes at him with the need to kill. Both seem to continue doing what they died doing :wacko:  i was wondering the same thing. It seemed like the NPCs know exactly where to locate the players, and each NPC is matched to almost equal the level of the player or higher. It must have been programmed to appear because as we all know, the game is still be 'tested' and not finalized. Since the programmer could not change what's been made in Granada, there must be another software used to create and finalize the Granada codes. Someone whose gaming intelligence is as equal or higher to the programmers in Seoul. haha, I am always asking more questions than answers too. But somehow, this drama keeps me drawn. I haven't dropped it yet and usually, I drop a drama if it drags or leaves me way too much questions in the middle. I think it's the fact that even though we have many 'unknowns', the things we do know actually makes us want to keep going :lol: i am just praying that the writer does not rush the answers into the last 2 episodes or worse, the finale. Oh god! How it would frustrate me! 

I am also loving my profile pic. Something about his smile and biting of his lips seduces me :rolleyes::wub: and even though we didn't get much HB skin from that scene (which I noticed and drool for a bit haha), let us keep our eye for a possibility in the next 4 episodes :smirk::tounge_wink: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

If you remember the scene when HJ goes into the kitchen to make tea, Zombie Cha appears in the living room with JW. But no fight occurred. Zombie Cha was there and JW looks at him, then it cuts to the next day. I thought it was strange because usually, Zombie Cha is always after him. I have no idea what is going on.

My thought on this is that: it is merely the imagination of JW...? But even if it's not his imagination, the only thing he needs to do is just whip out his gun and shoot NPC Cha without even shifting too much on the sofa :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

23 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

But what irks me the most is, why is this game working without the lens

Yes, agree with your point. I hope writer-nim will give us explanation about this in the future episodes. Or perhaps the magic (you mentioned before) is part of the   theme fantasy / science fiction of this drama, which will be hard to accept by logic. 

Also, there is not much discussion about J-One company product which is The Lens itself. Maybe there is some error in the lens. Some kind of chemical in the lens that after its usage change your eyes’s condition?? :unsure:

———————————

I had a slight thought (just a little) of suspecting CHS himself - before his death / after his first trial - being the hacker of SJ game and perhaps that’s why SJ called him the bad guy. I imagining CHS tried to put the bug in the game, after knowing that JW was also contacted (he had a slim change to buy the game) - The zombie bug:D

• Like 4

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

caption: Having finally started, our Magic Couple’s Passionate Romance
caption: Memories of the Alhambra, please love it even more going forward!

So, PSH calls HB "oppa"? Cute.

So, they are the Magic Couple..they should probably be Magic+Umbrella= MagUm Couple..lol..

Thanks..much appreciated..

7 hours ago, gomugomu618 said:

I'm smiling a lot when I read this. it makes my day! and I need to do my investigation about The lower lip biting in the kiss scene aka I must watch the clip again and again, bcz I just know it now :P

Here, I removed all the other unwanted frames and slowed the frame rate so that only the lip biting is visible..lol..

Like @Kasmic, I am another pervert on this thread..:wub::phew:

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • LOL 12

3 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

Here, I removed all the other unwanted frames and slowed the frame rate so that only the lip biting is visible..lol..

Like @Kasmic, I am another pervert on this thread..:wub::phew:

MANY THAAAANNKKKKKSSSSSS :wub:*auto save that priceless gif in a speed light*

OH MY GOD I'M ALSO A pervert :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

1 hour ago, dancingbee said:

Been watching for 12 episodes and still don't know what this game is all about!!

Me either.

I don't see the end game of this game. After all this time, JW has been leveling up by killing NPCs at the school, with no quests, not to mention the NPCs were all made by programmer dude for him to level up. So he played and played and played just to reach an unknown level.

Luckily he got a quest at level 90, if not he would have been playing at that school to death.

But even the level 90 quest leads him to a dungeon that gives him a key that can only be used by above level 100 users. 

I see no point of killing Seo. I see no point of them going to Granada for that ridiculous quest that gives a key for something unknown. I see no point for a level 90 player draging a level 50 player to Granada for a quest that requires 4 players to complete. Even level 40 pokemon go players (the highest level) don't raid a Tier 5 gym alone or a by a group of 2, they group together (max 20 players per group) to defeat the high level pokemon (maybe not the best example, but i think my point comes across haha :sweatingbullets:)

I was interested in the game at first. But the game is just weird~

I'm watching because i started this and i liked the game earlier before it went haywire and started killing, so i do want to see how things wrap up. I'm not much on the romance side of this like many others are. I'm cruising through and provide live recaps when possible cause i find it fun discussing this drama eventhough i'm not fully onboard whats happening hahahaha 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

7 minutes ago, an-naum said:

Can we just ask Chan Yeol either SJ is alive or dead? Who is Chan Yeol fan here?

#askchanyeol

Not a chanyeol fan. But his role here reminds me of his character in Missing 9. 

I really hope SJ is not locked up in a tower ala rapunzel. I hope he is cooler than that and be active somewhere rather than being tied or locked up :ph34r::lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I'm not his fan. But I love his voice. I love his Goblin's ost, Stay With Me. I want Chanyeol sings an ost and do some nice rap along with his on-screen sister here. Just like the IG picture SH shared a few days ago. I wonder if the writer agrees, she can make a scene for SJ and his noona to sing together. He will sing and she will play the guitar. Or is that a hint from her that there would be a scene like that later? They show HJ works at the cafe, maybe a flashback of their moment as brother and sister together. ;)

Sadly I dont think PSH will sing an OST here. She mentioned it in her Vlive chat. For all whom hasnt seen it, check it out - eng subs are up as well. She did this chat on the last day of their filming. She looks so pretty and not as tired...perks of preproduce dramas.:D

https://www.vlive.tv/video/106725?channelCode=F191B3

65c8425249f7e05020f554214d133369.png

@stroppyse THANK YOU AGAIN for the ep 11 BTS translation. Here is part of the clip that has been subbed - so quick :w00t:

MOA books will be release for sale and it comes in 2 books. Sadly for me its written in Korean. If anyone is interested see this link - https://blog.naver.com/blc2009/221437261835

Please do share the details esp if there were any scenes not included in the drama. Which Im sure there will be. *sigh* :sweatingbullets:592b6ab019654687d106133b3957409e.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2