Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

17 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

I think you are getting confused for no reason!

A weapon is designated as a weapon, right? A player is a player and an NPC is an NPC - program understands those differences.

There is a condition on weapon but not on players. Infact, NPC Seo just appeared without following the route from starting gate.

Not confused, but I was thinking something else. But after today's episode I am starting to really believe in my previous theory that JinWoo is playing 2 games, not just one with a disturbing twist. I think the Programmer guy is working under the direct orders of Prof. Cha who clearly was plotting his revenge for the last one year. What if he directed the IT guy to create the NPC CHS only JinWoo could see, to drive mad or to kill himself? I will try to expand more on it in my post.

• Like 8

finally Yoo Jin Woo found the love of his life.. Hee Joo.

that love will become his ultimate power to fight the devils and take back what belongs to him from the first place..

(reaction from a Seoul ahjumma)

and that KISS.. killed me. I DIED....

you can find my body in the dumpster.... 

• Like 6
  • LOL 10

Something came up during the broadcast n I just have time to finish watching tonite with the subs. 

From my point of view :

- I think JW have no time seeing the family bcoz he needs to rush back to Korea. The quest in the dungeon has ended with finding a key. He was unable to give direct instruction to switch back the server. Might be his phone call was ignored or he dont have the phone number for the server team.  Can it be? Back to the family, he might be best not to see the Seo's family. He might be losing his sane or brakedown. He has told Sec Seo to go away but Sec Seo remain at his side. He can mourn later after the game is over and he win.

- Suddenly I think Dr Cha is not CHS. After CHS death, Prof Cha log in using Dr Cha credential and haunts JW. That's why Dr Cha keep on appearing. But who is the programmer behind this plot? Hmmm..  That's why JW come to see Prof Cha in his lecture in the preview, to confirm this. 

- Are they will be another flashback between JW collapse in the security office and JW's house ? It may happen like this : After Prof Cha left JW, the staff took JW to his office > Remember Prof Cha asked somebody to call a doctor? > Someone bring him home > During this, HJ still in Granada to find SJ > Sec Seo body arrived and JW attend the funeral, he may collapse again there and brought home (hence the IV in his bedroom). Several day has passed during this until HJ arrived bcoz we can see too many liquor laying in his house.

- I am glad HJ stays by his side. We dont want him to do some irrational action again. He might deserved to be slapped by Prof Cha but only to wake him up. (Err.. Sometimes I dont like HJ's cloth bcoz the size looks too big).

- Oh my, JW has to level up again to continue his quest? Sound exhausted to level up to 100. I wonder how many level r there? The game will be available soon. Not sure how JW will solve the server issue. 

- I disagree Mr Park advice to leave the country. JW will be left alone and miserable. I dont think JW wanted a romance by kissing HJ. He needed assurance to move on, keep on continue living, to find a solution to his problem. 

-  Prof Cha meeting with the board must have been planned. Two times in short notice? He was well prepared with JW health issue to dismiss him. He must be behind the reopening the investigation of CHS' death . 

That's for now... Time to sleep.. Nite or morning chingus. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, imels said:

If I wasn’t wrong, before the kiss, JW said about not run away again as long as at least someone believing him, and he refered that someone was HJ. When HJ answered she believed him, he asked her to prove it. For a moment HJ did not understand by what he meant about the prove, she looked confused and then JW kissed her without any rejection. I think despite his lost for JH, he can’t deny his feeling for HJ. Remember, not only JW said that he missed HJ but  she was too. I saw the romance scene was not out of context.

@imels I watched that scene a couple of times to try to understand why I wasnt comfortable with the scene and while I understand he was trying to ask her to prove her loyalty IMO she has already proven it to him many times over and he was the one who has been pushing her away...she ran after him at the train station, she looked after him all the time he was sick, she trusted him to the point of forsaking her own brother...to a man who has not really shown very much interest in her...and in fact had been pushing her away...

I think at this point he needs to prove to her why she should be by his side and continue to trust him...

I mean we know he is not crazy because we see his side of the story, but why does she trust him? a stranger who hasnt been able to find her brother? and who has conned her? just because she likes him?, has some chemistry with him? and he is attractive? is that reason enough???

52 minutes ago, rita96 said:

Agreed! I didn't find it out of context either. They had developed feelings for each other before either of them even knew the extent of the game or that it would take so long to find SJ. I think HJ is fully aware that SJ is missing but her instincts tell her to  trust JW, she knows that all he has been doing for the past year is looking for SJ and she believes what JW told her about SJ being alive. So they taking some time to recuperate is an investment of time not wastage, something necessary given all JW has been through and is going to go through. They need some tender moments in this storm to keep up the strength and to not feel lost.

I also think often times people mistake that when you are going through a difficult phase that you are sad or worried all the time. Yes for major part of that phase you are gloomy and worried BUT the only way you pull through such a difficult time is with a little bit of LOVE, CARE and HUMOR- these are what prevent one from falling into depression and giving up. 

So the romance is not mistimed. This is the time they need each other the most. Having said that, I think the debate about them finding time for each other when everything is a mess could have been avoided if maybe the character of HJ was written a bit better- I mean if we could also gain an insight into what she went through- her sufferrings cause she couldnt see her brother. But then again the voiceovers indicate that the story is predominantly from JW's perspective so maybe we get to know more about her life in the coming episodes.

@rita96 I dont think people who are going through a rough time do not need love, they do, I just didnt feel that he convinced me enough that he wanted her, because of how he has been acting so far...we know he secretly has feelings for her, but since he is a man of ambition and so far has not been able to be successful in finding her brother, which he promised by the way, and he has been kicked out of his company, as someone says he is jobless...there are so many things against him right now....realistically, if he really loves her he would try to sort things out first....I dont think his character would think about romance, because he would feel like he is not worthy of her yet, he would want to protect her ...until he finishes the quest and is able to regain normalcy again, then he would pursue her. I know they are trying to give us a, "us against the world" kind of romance, but just a few hours before he was pushing her away...on her birthday!!! what made him want to kiss her now? the fact that he is now a murder suspect? that is the only thing that changed...there was no indication or build up that he wanted her, it was rejection rejection rejection, oh poor me, my story is so tragic, prove to me that you trust me...but she has been proving it all this time!!! he was the one who has been pulling away...as someone said she was the one who was supposed to kiss him....IMO they didnt build it up well....

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, sanika said:

Not confused, but I was thinking something else. But after today's episode I am starting to really believe in my previous theory that JinWoo is playing 2 games, not just one with a disturbing twist. I think the Programmer guy is working under the direct orders of Prof. Cha who clearly was plotting his revenge for the last one year. What if he directed the IT guy to create the NPC CHS only JinWoo could see, to drive mad or to kill himself? I will try to expand more on it in my post.

I believe that from the start, JW was targeted. Notice that the founding members are little by little removed: first CHS, then JW and once JW is totally finished, Park should be the next. Professor Cha was never a founding member but he succeeded to take his son's place. We heard in this episode that professor Cha plans to inherit his son's heritage. 

So the game is used to cover up murders.   

• Like 11

I like how HJ made JW go outside.

With a smile. 

That was a shiny and confident smile.

JW could have just stood here and stared at her,

with no words. :wub:

• Like 13

2 hours ago, dramaobsessed said:

Just finished watching the ep 11 subbed...and I have so many questions, I feel like I was watching an entirely different drama from the first 10 episodes...

1) I feel like they trolled us with the explanation that he wasnt just defeated but he found some kind of key....so when did that happen? because we clearly saw him defeated after he saw zombie sec seo and then the zombies ambushed him and he had no more energy to fight, so at what point was he able to get back up and go look for the key

2) Why did he have to go all the way to korea to ask them to switch the server back on? why couldnt he do that via phone?

3) so all this time the solution for him no longer being "delusional" and seeing things without the lens was to simply switch off the server? Because ever since he came back to korea he hasnt seen any of the NPC anymore...

4) for how long did they switch off the server and when are they planning to switch it back on? it looks like from the time they decided to switch it off and the the time HJ found him in that room drinking that it has been a while, at least days have passed

Finally, this is my personal opinion, I'm sorry to say this especially to the fans of the romance, to those who are happy the ship is finally sailing and to those who are excited by the kiss, but I felt like they had to just throw that in there somehow  but it didnt really fit the mood  or the flow of the story so far...

I really dont think someone who has lost everything and is in such a mood would be thinking about romance, that would really be that last thing on his mind, plus I felt like HJ was the one trying to convince him to do everything he seems like he has no motivation to do anything, which rightly and understandably under the circumstances

After everything he has gone through....I just don't see the romance believable at this point, It feels forced! Almost like a pity romance...

The preview also looks to me like they have shifted from the game part of the story, which was the most appealing IMO to the relationship part...which again makes me feel like I'm watching two different dramas, it feels a bit disjointed...and I love, love, love romance dramas, but I just couldn't buy it here and because of this I couldn't enjoy the kiss...but then again that's just my opinion.

I totally agree with you on the point that the writer is trolling with us. Everytime we try to predict something, the next episode it becomes clear that facts have been mis-represented and honestly it is really started to irritate me. This episode even had me believe that JinWoo is actually crazy and that he needs help!

Also the timing for the romance just did sit well for me. It wasn't sweet or desperate, but it seemed ruthless and was probably inserted to appease the viewers.

The only satisfying part of the entire episode was when JinWoo invited Prof. Cha to be his ally. I hope tomorrow's episode is better than today.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, sanika said:

oh!.. that can be an amazing theory... that would be cool

but the only thing is.. did he plan on killing his son for real? because how else could he predict his death.. and its the very next day that HS appears

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I believe that from the start, JW was targeted. Notice that the founding members are little by little removed: first CHS, then JW and once JW is totally finished, Park should be the next. Professor Cha was never a founding member but he succeeded to take his son's place. We heard in this episode that professor Cha plans to inherit his son's heritage. 

So the game is used to cover up murders.   

I agree, I don't know the motive, but from a business POV, Prof. Cha's nonchalance towards a possible flaw in the game that could cost the company billions is suspicious. It's as if he know there is nothing wrong in the game. Since the story is being told from JinWoo's perspective, many details of the narrative are from his POV and thus skewed. Which makes us, viewers, run around in circles.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, sanika said:

I agree, I don't know the motive, but from a business POV, Prof. Cha's nonchalance towards a possible flaw in the game that could cost the company billions is suspicious. It's as if he know there is nothing wrong in the game. Since the story is being told from JinWoo's perspective, many details of the narrative are from his POV and thus skewed. Which makes us, viewers, run around in circles.

The way the series narrative is constructed seems sort of game-based. There are probably lots of clues left here and there. 

• Like 4

I can't believe I am saying this, but after Episode 11, my enthusiasm for MoA is declining. The troll-editing is starting to get old and boring. Part of the reason I am getting losing interest is because it seems like the actual cause of the conflict is not the game, but actual people.

I think that most likely Prof. Cha is using the game to drive JinWoo mad or atleast appear to be crazy to the outside world. The way I see it, the only way this is possible if that IT guy is working for Prof. Cha. That the IT guy actually witnessed CHS's death which was possibly recorded as he was closely monitoring JinWoo. On being informed of this fact, Prof. Cha. directly IT Choi, to create NPC CHS who only JinWoo would be able to see. This would enable him to take revenge (?) without it affecting the company. He clearly even waited till JW was fired to relaunch the investigation. What they couldn't predict was that City Hunter and Zinu would form an alliance and share experiences ergo - City Hunter would be able to see the NPC Cha as well. When JinWoo asked to cancel the alliance, IT Choi pretends to be unable to do so to buy some time. When they see that Seo and JinWoo are going to Granada, it would have been an easy goal to get rid of Seo, who was the only witness to JinWoo's sanity. Creating another NPC wouldn't have been too difficult to add to JinWoo's suffering. My conclusion is that JinWoo is part of not one , but 2 games - one played with the lens and another using another electronic device. I am still open to are more game-based-exciting-ending though, but I am starting to feel that it is going to be an anticlimax.

Another bone to pick is the character of HeeJu. I just can't see a dedicated sister having the time to enjoy romance when she has realized that her younger brother has been missing. The only possible way I can justify this is that the story is told from the POV of JinWoo and what we see is the way he is perceiving people in his interaction and his assumptions.  What we are seeing is only the part of HeeJu's story that is known to JinWoo. I didn't enjoy the kiss on the bridge as it seemed manipulative and ruthless and we know JinWoo is capable of being both. It felt like he took advantage of her kindness and pity rather than being romantic. I am not denying that he has feeling for her, but his motivations behind the kiss lacked sincerity. 

One element of information that we have not paid attention to is the fact that HeeJu is a tour guide. SeJu probably grew up knowing a lot of the information from his sister. I still believe that her knowledge of the city, the language , it's history and of SeJu would prove to be of crucial importance in locating SeJu. At this point, I think that SeJu has sought refuge in a nearby monastery where there won't be a lot of electronics and chances of him being caught. The quest and the key? It's starting to look like a goose chase.

The most exciting part of the episode was where JinWoo makes Prof. Cha his ally. This shows that Prof. Cha is a player himself. If he accepts to become his ally, he sees the NPC Cha if he declines, he proves that he knows about it already. It was an awesome move on JW's behalf. 

On a lighter note, the biggest gaming company in S.Korea is on sale, probably their CEO has gone crazy? :P

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

I don't understand how some of your theories work when it is not Professor Cha who created the game or the killing aspect. That aspect existed long before the company got control of the game. If you recall Se Joo was attacked after he had spoken to Jin Woo and offered him the game because he did not want to sell to Hyung Seok's company. At this point to speculate that Professor Cha has managed to engineer some way to target people and have them killed seems very far fetched.

• Like 5

Just woke to see some posts and the ratings...:D

More thoughts later when I can brave myself to watch the whole ep again....and stop myself from FF AGAIN. :lol:

• Like 9

1st of all thanks to all posts here 

2nd I will talk about MOA in general ; ok it started with a usual game ended with coffins of dead people not known the type of death or the cause of death .

It is a game or trap or dream I don't know but I prefer the two options it is a trap or dream after all we should be back to reality land and accept the logical facts ; the game will be as always entertaining unless the creator decide to be nightmare for the player.

I have many  issues with the writer you started brilliantly but with slow and many mysteries I find my self lost and questioning if you can start solving your mysteries bcz we are in 11th episode and you didn't solve but repeating the same scenario his freind and secretary so what is the new here it doesn't solve any thing before  ??! Beside the jumping in places and time I got confused who is here and who should be there could be the time is the key or what!!

I am with who are saying that the kiss isn't in the suitable time again we mention the "Time " !

HJ as a character I don't blame her to be misunderstood bcz she isn't complete for me something mysterious about her believing someone like JW with all his issues and date him in his state made me more confused .

The writer made huge circle of mysteries and now will make the old man enter this circle but as the other  victims or as one of keys that will solve this game .

The problem in my opinion is the Time factor in this drama :)

• Like 6

Two things I love from last night episode.

One is the throwback scene of Seo and JW. Aishhh... they really got me so emotional on this. He had lost his brother. I love their bromance! Why oh why writer??? 

And romance section, I guess this put my brain on rest for a while, from those tiring fights and killing game. The moment HJ stays with broken and ruined JW. It's so touching. I love her for staying and waiting for him to wake up even he said mean things to push her away. She didn't leave and make sure he had his dinner. I like the scene where she cheers him to smile. When both are standing face to face. Like telling "I'm here with you"  and "I'm glad you're here with me". Thanks to MJ crazy ideas the two are being together now. :wub:

I love her effort to console him and make him feel bright a little. When he told her that people force him to admit those two things. I feel his deep down is so broken. The kiss is sweet. It's sweet because she's there to be in his side, in the hardest moments he had.  

7 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Next time when Park Shinhye and Hyunbin meet again, please film a romance drama ㅠㅠ Their chemistry is crazy

It's very rare for kdrama to have the same pairing twice. But it doesn't mean impossible. I hope they'll have chance to work together again soon. And I hope I don't need to wait long for that. They're just so good together. 

[+124,-12] <Summary for the episode>As long as it's Hyun Bin...... Even if he becomes a game addict, he made her brother disappear, limping with one leg, divorced twice, became jobless, getting sued, a woman like Park Shin Hye would give up her birthday party to take care of him, feed him, protect him from the rain with an umbrella and even accept his sudden kiss. 

LOL, I think it's only JW who can do that. She's exclusive only for him. Aww. 

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

JW: Prove it. That you trust me, prove it.
  HJ: How could I prove that?
 JW:You don’t know? How to prove it to me?
(JW kisses HJ :wub:)

The kiss would be one of the iconic kiss scenes ever happened. 

So curious with tonight's episode. How could he make Prof Cha to be his ally. And he'll soon reaching level 100 for using the special item he got from master. Hmm... this is confusing more and more. How could SJ keep sending him things. ;) Writer should have an answer for this. You should. It'd better be.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, aine7 said:

The way the series narrative is constructed seems sort of game-based. There are probably lots of clues left here and there. 

The narrative is too often deceptive by omission toward the end of each episode, by not showing key elements, then telling us about them in the next episode by doing a rewind, and having JW tell us about it through his narration. I personally don't think it serves the story, but it's just my opinion.

I've been silent for a while while watching the show, as I weekly process its load of information and try to make sense of it. At this point I'm just going along with the ride, and will see how it ends. I truly love all the actors on it. I'm glad to see Huyn Bin and Park Shin-Hye in a show together. I love the futuristic concept of the story, set in such a magical and historical place (Granada); love its video-gaming storyline and showing it as a cut-throat world and industry. The visuals are stunning. All these elements are very promising.

That said, I still can't get over how women are portrayed in this drama.

1- In the game: Where are the girls/women? What are their roles? Did I dream, or has there, still, not been one single video gamer in the show who is a girl or a woman? It seems everyone involved in the actual game and at key position in the company is a man. All the testers they hired were men. Being a video game player myself, I can tell you there are quite a few girls who are into it, too. HJ seems to be key to the game, and one needs to be at a certain level just to be acknowledged by her, and to speak to her. Yet I can't help but wonder: Is all she is meant to do is play the guitar and look beautiful? Beside being the sister of the game's creator and thus justifying her appearance in the video game, doesn't she have a more central role? Does she hold a key to ending the quest? (It seems no, at least for now.) I'm sorry to say that I expected more when JW was finally able to talk to her, more than her comforting him again like in real life... I'm going along with the story and I look forward to seeing how it will keep developing, but this baffles me a bit.

2- In the TV show: Except for the grandma and the baby sister, who we both hardly see, all the women have been given very passive roles where they appear victims of all that is happening to them, without little to no means of protecting themselves. They endure and offer comfort. They're strong, independent women, yet that is not really how they are portrayed. HJ took care of her family pretty much on her own after both her parents died, working multiple jobs and running a hostel, taking care of her grandma, and putting her siblings to school. It takes much character to make all these happen. This is her background. With that in mind it's odd to not see her more proactive in looking for her brother. She's spent her life trying on new things for the sake of her family. Knowing that the video game her brother developed might be key to his disappearance, that she had known for a while he wasn't the one writing these emails (she said so to JW), it's odd that we didn't see her do more to look for him, either by looking into his things or by finally taking an interest into the game the moment she steps into the tech guy's office (etc. I don't know... but before JW showed up in her life she didn't strike me as the type to stay put and to just do what she was told...). There is a little bit of the same pattern with SJ, who is a doctor... 

Edited by lilyphenix
typo
  • Like 7

I believe even Master wasn’t aware of the zombies. He was quite shock and afraid of seeing Marco. Perhaps this mean that even he doesn’t truly know what may be causing havoc or if he did, he hasn’t had the time to fully fix it. He was always behind so much computers in his room and apartment. He may have been working to finalize some more game aspects. He is definitely not dead but I am hoping his ‘discovery’ does not disappoint especially after all the build up hype to find him :sweatingbullets:

• Like 5

I think there is still quite a bit we don't know about the origin story. For example, were Marco & SJ really the only ones who knew what they had created? What if someone had had wind of it and wanted the game, hacked into it to create those additional dangers (including danger to self. Is there a way to influence vitals, in the body, by the illusions created, to the point of killing someone? Raising a blood pressure of the charts? Provoking a heart attack?)? That still wouldn't account for gamers still seeing and being in the game once they take off their lenses, and dying from they virtual fights...

@sanika I agree with you about HJ's knowledge of Granada's history and being a tour guide as a key element to solving everything. For a while now I've been waiting for the writer to tap into it, especially when everyone was looking for JW. I'm also still waiting for her to actually see the game, on a screen at least, not necessarily by putting herself in danger by playing it directly. I think she could be able to spot clues maybe from its figuration.

• Like 7