[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Soo.. I check HB birthday.. turns out he is not 40 yet.. Only in the drama that he is already 40.. B) in reality, HB is born in 1982, PSH in 1990. So PSH is in her real age in the drama, while HB is older in the drama. Then, ahjussi it is :D

And turns out I’ve only watched Park Shin hye in The Heirs.. So while reading comments on her improved skill for kissing, I cannot comment on that. I think the kiss is in the right time, while JW is so vulnerable and needs someone to rely on. And we know from previous episodes that JW already gives more attention to HJ and has feeling for her. I love that the kiss shows PSH shoes. The shoes also moves, as in showing she is not only standing steady, but really drown in the kiss itself.. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

I know I am very laaatee to the party(its wedding season) but I guess party is still on..ha..:)

Anyways, I will just give my analysis about the episodes as a whole because I watched them together and it turns out that if I watch the episodes in the same go, they actually become very cohesive.

Here..

The Hubby-Wifey Couple: I actually read the comments all the way back to page 120 and I get the impression that they are two views regarding the kiss. I understand that there will always be the debate whether the romance was forcefully inserted or was it a slow-budding gradual development. There are always two sides of the coins, and in Literature we say that both views should be respected as long as they are supported with references. The fact that we are still debating after 12 episodes is an indication that the writer took narrative liberty; you can perceive the OTP as you want to. 

To me they always gave off that hubby-wifey feeling. They were never cutesy, flowery or clingy couple. In the early episodes there were questions about HeeJu's feelings for JinWoo and now its vice versa. It took 11 episodes for the kiss to happen(approx one and a half year in the drama). And the reluctance was always from JinWoo's side; he finally decided to give in only when HeeJu decided to adamantly stick around. It wasn't only Park's phone call that initiated the kiss; it was her stubbornness of not leaving and then her affirmation that yes I will stick around even if others don't, that's why he narrated the story of his past. He wanted to say that.."hey its not easy being around me and most of my closed ones are either dead or my enemies..so lady are you sure you want to jump in this fire???"

As someone here mentioned, the kiss was the only way of confirmation(it could have been sex if this was a Hollywood show..lol:P), an intimate confirmation because a mere 'yes' would not have been sufficient for JinWoo as he has been betrayed far more times to trust only a 'yes'. It had to be something more than that..

The kiss ranks as one of my all time favourite K-drama kisses(the list includes KMHM, W). It was beautifully shot. I am glad that PSH also showed some passion and all work was not done by HB only. The lower lip biting, the passion, the movement of lips, the dropping of umbrella, the grabbing of jacket(PSH does that quite often)...loved every bit of it! Watched it multiple times on instagram..:wub:

My eyes are still on you Daddy Cha 

Those slaps, they are still ringing! First CHS and now JW both are now deemed as traitors, by none other than Daddy Cha. CHS died believing that JinWoo and Daddy were accomplices in ousting him but that was never the case, CHS was made to believe that JW is betraying him hence he led an affair with SuJin in retaliation. Another thing that struck me was that SuJin had a child with CHS but not with JW even though I guess they were married for much longer and also the fact that Daddy conducted a DNA test to believe her plus YuRa's testimony that CHS had suspicions about SuJin having a fling with JinWoo again. I am starting to believe that it is Daddy+Park+SuJin+third person=JW's make life hell..

Also, Daddy's shock while he saw zombie Cha didn't look convincing to me..he could be acting. 

The preview 

HeeJu saw Emma, I think JW has introduced her to the game and the first thing he shows is Emma. He said he needs her help and the only help he needs is in the game. IDK if she will play the game or not or whether he will risk such a step but at least she is aware of the game now. Also, IDK why but I never was satisfied with the fact that a real person was used as a game character, I always knew that it will some how come back to haunt them..eerie feeling..:ph34r:

The only question I have is about zombie Cha and server relationship..when zombie Cha appeared in HeJu's guitar room, was the server on or off?? Is shutting off the server the eventual solution to all problems??

• Like 12

1 hour ago, gomugomu618 said:

ahjumma intuition FTW!!! I will join you in this squad. I realized we never know when Jin Woo's birthday, maybe he's ady 40 now hahaha Hyun Bin is amazing, I'm drooling for him in every eps. esp for the last ep when he comes to accompany Min Joo. ugh what a sweet brother in law :wub:

@gomugomu618 Jin Woo's birthday is on 4 Mar 1980 according to his passport that he showed Hee Joo in ep 3 while she was about signing the contract. So he would be 39 in 2019, in Korean age is 40. I think so.

YJW%20birthday_zpspslilaio.jpg

Edited by taitotnguyen
  • Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 2

Another two weeks of Zombie Monday. U know, when u forgo ur sleep just to watch MOA. Worth it though. 

Last night episode just make my day. I'm smiling through out the day with my dimple showing. Yes, mine r the dimple family. My little bro even said that his dimple is the perfect one...lol..

I am so relief by last night episode. JW has a reason to smile. Serve him right with calling him Ajusshi. But now, he has 'adopted' family to return too. He might be a good brother to MJ and a cheeky grandson to granny. 

I hope this drama ends well. The glitch or error in the game will be resolved. The mysterious death will be explained and put to rest. The missing will be found. J One company will be able to be proud of the MOA game and a huge success. Of course we want JW n HJ live happily ever after. 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

The only question I have is about zombie Cha and server relationship..when zombie Cha appeared in HeJu's guitar room, was the server on or off?? Is shutting off the server the eventual solution to all problems??

Shutting off the server may stop zombie Cha (and other NPCs) from appearing -> AR problem solved, but also means the game can't be played and eventually lead JOne to its downfall -> the problem in real world. Cmiiw they said if the project failed then JOne would be bankrupt, and ofc they didn't want that to happen. That's why Jinwoo tries to complete the game to solve all possible problems (and find Seju).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

The night when JW left suddenly from Granada, the candles on HJ birthday cake was 27... It doesn't matter how old she is, they just need to hurry and get married so MJ and all of us will be happy :D

lol You're right.  I went back on episode 6 and the candles said so.  But in episode 1, HJ's sister told JW that she's only 27. So trying-hard-family-like oppa is right that HJ kept on delaying her birthday as mentioned by @stargazer187.  lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1. I love the kiss & I feel it comes appropriately at the time when he needs HJ the most. The time when he has lost everything, people once like family turn against him, friend he trusted doesn't seem trustworthy anymore. The last thing he wants from HJ is pity. The first time he went for the kiss surprised HJ but she didn't flinch. He stopped & looked at her,  she didn't look away.  If it was just pity on her side, she wud have flinch. Imagine a lunatic & a murder suspect trying to kiss her,  she wud have back off.  If she didn't blindly trust him, she wud have and we all know people in love are blind. I think that proof enuf for JW that HJ is sincerely in love with him. 

2. I think SJ is alive somewhere in Granada. He was injured when he arrived in Granada & they wud have track him via immigration if he has enter Korea. I think he is lying low in a blind zone or such places.  He is the game creator, surely he created a hideout or safe places. 

3. I still think HJ isn't in the game. if she's in the game than she's only able to meet Emma in the Granada cafe & not in JW's room. I'm sure the one in JW's room is the hologram from the office. Remember when the programmer guy was trying out several outfits for Emma,  JW told him to scrap it off & not use Emma in their game,  so I suspect when JW left his office he took the hologram with him. 

4. I started to suspect Park is the culprit when he got all work out & angry at sec.  Seo when he found out JW had return to Korea in the last few months. Why was he angry?  Becos he been comfortable making decisions & authorizations for the company without JW's approval, now he has to get JW's approval for everything relates to company? Altho  the company started by 3 people it was only JW & CTH brains & idea all the way while Park just ride along with their success. Now with CTH dead, JW declared as lunatic, Prof Cha being the bad guy who turn his back on his family, look like Park will get a complete control of the company soon. I'm not surprised if he design Seo to be killed becos Seo as JW's ally he can vouch & confirm he sees CTH too thus proof JW is not crazy. So Seo was in the way for making JW a crazy man & that will ruin his plan.  

5. I really  really hope when JW wins everything will revert back to their original but even it's not hopefully both JW & HJ will have their happy ending. And to have their happy ending, SJ has to be alived

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

This is my two cents about last two episodes...

Does anyone notice few strange and funny scenes in ep 11?

First, when Park asked where was JW (episode 11), his secretary said that JW had gone since morning and Park also HJ had just arrived in the evening. But when HJ went to the room there was only empty bed with the infuse needle still hang in there (just wonder why the nurse or cleaning service did not make up the room). :phew:

Second, HJ went to the park where CHS body was found then send a text to JW. JW just arrived in seoul, he called from the cab on the way to his company that evening. It means HJ and JW were in the same time frame which is in the evening. JW has arrived in seoul in the evening not late night, but how come he reached seoul so fast? Is there any flight from Granada to Barcelona and then to Seoul that could be reach less than 12 hours except with private jet maybe? 

I believe JW had arrived not at late night but in the evening? Because when JW barged into the server control room there some employees still working, then came prof Cha who was still at the company too. there were some loopholes that could be confusing if we did not follow it closely. especially when the story line using flashback scenes mixed up with present scenes.  

I, sometimes, do not care with this mismatch time in drama but sometimes it was annoying and confusing.

Third. HJ came back few days later on went to JW room with tech guy. She has waited JW patiently and asked him to have dinner. the time he woke up, almost midnight (11.04 pm) but they still went out for late dinner or supper. When JW drove her home Park who was still at the office called HJ phone (I think it was past midnight because dinner would take 1-2 hours or more included the drive). Park told him to leave the country because police would reinvestigated CHS case. in the same time Su jin came to meet prof Cha and they talked about reopen CHS dead case. But, Jw refused Park advice then he asked HJ to prove that she believed him and this ep end with the kissing scene that I believe had already way past midnight lol! The next mismatch time was when she came home and took a shower her phone said it was still 01.34 am! she took shower in the middle of the night wow couldn’t believe it, because it already cold in seoul those days (we can see from her outfits). 

Then HJ texted JW without any answer. She was stay awake until 2.58 am and went outside to look for JW who still waiting in his car. She invited him into her house and offer him to sleep in the workshop not-so-convinient couch. She couldn’t sleep and neither JW, they talked and she made him tea but MJ caught her inthe kitchen. How come a middle school girl still awake at that time, unless it was weekend.

My other two cents...

About CHS and LSJ, it was clear that they had an affair for five months before JW divorced her. Then after CHS left the company and seen LSJ he proposed to her, that he also told JW that he was going to marry his ex.  The baby was CHS and LSJ, but because CHS was afraid that LSJ would be back to JW, he became alcoholic and temperamentally. He did not believe that the baby his biological son, neither did prof Cha, that’s why prof cha did DNA test after hearing what YR said.

Some posters here say maybe LSJ is one of the culprit here besides Park, but I don’t think so. Why? Because she still cares about JW and she hates her FIL who doesn’t believe that her son is cha’s. How about Park? I think it’s not him either because he is not a game developer, he is just a financial expert working in hitech company. He needs JW to run the company, cause most of their products are about hitech things for example the smart lenses, the game etc that might be created by JW.

There is something inside this game that maybe someone has changed it. Maybe it was changed by Marco or maybe SJ himself before CHS and JW tried this game. That’s why SJ was missing and Marco was dead because the game could not be controlled anymore. Remember the broken file email for JW that could not be opened? Maybe it was virus that had infected the server or already changed the initial game?

so about who is the one behind this mess will be known when JW and HJ find Sejoo. Well, till now I never think too hard about the culprit, I just enjoy watching all of the episodes, especially when HJ gets involve into the game as her NPC player or may be as herself. 

• Like 8

@stargazer187

Ha, we are partying till next Saturday. BTW, it was halemoni again! Our OTP couldn't even finish their first dinner date. :mellow:

Also, there was this assumption that maybe JW is an insensitive husband causing failure of his two marriages. Maybe HeeJu had the same perception regarding him that's why she was so surprised to see him toasting bread and rather acting like a total husband. I don't know about dating or being girlfriend/boyfriend but they will definitely be awesome(strict) parents if they do get married..they practically looked like they are already married for 10 years..lol!

About the game- we are still where we were when CHS first died and became zombie. That's episode 3. There hasn't been much revealed regarding what is actually wrong with the game or whether it is merely a glitch, fantasy, psychological, biological or someone's manipulations, even though it feels like a lot has happened with the game but actually very little has been revealed. With only four episodes left, I am wondering what explanation should I expect, and will it be satisfying. I can understand that writer wants that final 'ta-da' moment to be as impactful as possible and that's why she has kept her cards hidden till the very end, almost like that magician who fools the audience throughout the trick, only to bring out the rabbit out of the hidden hole in the hat. Magic!

• Like 17

does anyone else think how ridiculous it is when an NPC knows what its name is and that he can "hear"

when prof called "HS", he actually stopped and looked at him as if he heard himself being called..

also, NPC charges ahead.. does not walk down from last bench to the first row , only to pose for modeling and stop looking at mortal enemy :P

its hard to take the last scene of ep 12 seriously

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

On 1/5/2019 at 11:04 PM, stroppyse said:

(JW has just finished a call with Park and is standing there. HJ gets out of the car and comes up to him.)

HJ: Why are you just standing there being rained on?
JW VO: Despite how much effort I had put in, there is nothing that has changed from a year ago.
HJ: What’s going on? Something is going on, isn’t there. Is it something bad?
JW: He’s telling me to leave again…
HJ: Leave? To where?
HJ: Why are you leaving? Where are you going now?
HJ: What happened?
JW: Have I ever told you about my family?
HJ: No.
JW: My parents have passed away. I don’t have any siblings. I don’t have a wife or children either. A friend who I had thought of as no different from being my brother became my enemy and died. My secretary who was like my little brother also died. The man that I followed as if he were my father has turned his back on me. Even the company that I made has thrown me away. Now, I really don’t have anyone by my side. Before, they all used to trust my words and followed me, but now no one trusts me. They want me to acknowledge one of two things. That I’m either crazy or a murderer. However, because both of those things aren’t true, I can’t admit to them. He’s telling me to leave again, but I don’t want to leave. Since leaving would mean admitting to them.

Spoiler

JW: If even only one person in the world told me that they trusted me, I wouldn't leave. Do you still trust me? That you trust me, can you say it?
HJ: I trust you. I told you I trust you. I will trust you.
JW: Prove it. That you trust me, prove it.
HJ: How could I prove that?
JW:You don’t know? How to prove it to me?
(JW kisses HJ :wub:)

JW VO: There is nothing that has become better than a year ago. I am still a miserable, defeated man, and moving faster into ruination. If there is anything different from a year ago, it’s that I haven’t left, and Hee Joo is by my side.

Whew. Sweet kisses.

edit: I changed the translation and added dialogue prior to the clip because when I watched the episode, I realized a few things. First off is that in Korean, the word for "belief" is the same word as "trust". So, JW is asking HJ if she still believed in him and trusted him, and didn't think he was crazy or doing random things. It also fits better with the kiss since the kiss is about trust, so I changed my commentary about watching this scene. It's not a flirtation nor an act of desperation on JW's part. He does crave the warmth and belief that HJ has offered him freely and willingly at a moment when everyone seems to have died, turned against him, or both.

So, the kiss is an acknowledgment of their attraction to each other, but it's so much more than that. It's also a life affirmation.

cr: as tagged

I'm still a miserable defeated soldier. I'm falling at a faster speed. But unlike last year, I didn't leave. And Heejoo is with me. - Jinwoo

The kiss scene was too beautiful for words. Jinwoo...from barely making it to having more than enough. 

It was a mutual surrender of entrusting their lives, safety and future to one another. It empowers them to make the impossibilty happen.

Compared to rain; the betrayals of the past, the fear of the unknown, the sense of loss as recounted, left Jinwoo utterly cold. Jinwoo wanted his situation to change after one year but didn't see anything happening. He was loosing the battle. Heejoo, his ever constant, this time, I'm glad Jinwoo chose to stay. He chose to trust and depend. He chose to accept and feel the warmth, strength and affirmation of Heejoo that all will be well. He chose to fight.The build up leading to the kiss and the after effect was indeed very much satisfying. :wub: 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Frankly, this drama is slow love...

I am upset the Hee Joo doesnt have a bigger role, but I like her character.

She is steady and doesnt beat about the bush or take any richard simmons.

Hopefully, now that JW realises he has help, she will have more stuff to do.

And, the Product placement was well handled. Soompi doesnt seem to like MOA very much, barely any coverage.

Regardless, cant wait for next week. :tounge_wink:

2 hours ago, rori0711 said:

The new Ajusshi in town who can't help but enjoy teasing his girlfriend :P

ctto

Oh these dimples.

Rest now my heart!!!!

I didn't know I had a major thing for dimples until I saw Hyun Bin smile.

:wub::love:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 6
  • LOL 7