[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

2 hours ago, kilumar said:

I think she is wearing a lens.She even greet her "Hi Emma".It can't be hologram also.Didn't hologram need something lighting sticks like the one in the office.

By the way ,i really want to know the episodes that film in Hangary and Slovenia is already finished brocasting:huh: in previous episode???:oPSH and HB said they film one month in each country:rolleyes:.

I dont think HJwas wearing the lense. I think JW had the curly hair programmer to set up Emma the hologram in his room. If she wears the lense then all hooligans from all over wud come attacking her, but there was none, also I dont think JW wud take chances & risk her life. He did so to Professor Cha not just to show him what he saw but also to control him.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

it seems real death happens only from real granada creations..

then why don't they just create their game on a new server and sell that. No one has to lose billions while saving life by shutting down current version that apparently shuts down granada's game too :(

this is like those horror stories, where you put a cross on a coffin and bury it.. unless years later some stupid tourist removes the cross and the evil spirit is unleased..

so keep server closed, until someone opens it and evilness ensues

Plus, if programmer friend can follow the game and see it on screen at all times without being involved in the game, why could prof cha and new ceo ex friend guy do the same and confirm what JW was saying was true or not

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeGafanlady said:

when she said she will call him ‘ahjussie’ because he’s an old man... lmao..

8 years age different is not much lol my husband is 16 years older.. 

this drama breaks the record of being subbed 3 hours after aired.. daeee bakkk... 

and now the loooong awaiting and I will be on different continent next week.. 

I think in the drama, the age difference between Jinwoo and Heejoo is around 11-12 years. I remember in the beginning, Jinwoo is said to be 38 (in ep 3, he showed her his passport and he was born in 1980) and Heejoo is 26. Her calling him ahjussi is justified. It’s cute though. :P

The subs are quick because the illegal sites just rip them from Netflix. :D

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, sanika said:

I totally agree with you on the point that the writer is trolling with us. Everytime we try to predict something, the next episode it becomes clear that facts have been mis-represented and honestly it is really started to irritate me. This episode even had me believe that JinWoo is actually crazy and that he needs help!

Also the timing for the romance just did sit well for me. It wasn't sweet or desperate, but it seemed ruthless and was probably inserted to appease the viewers.

The only satisfying part of the entire episode was when JinWoo invited Prof. Cha to be his ally. I hope tomorrow's episode is better than today.

@sanika I agree, I also felt like the writer and director were like, it’s episode 11 and we still have no kiss so it’s now or never and since the viewers have been waiting and are kinda disappointed, let’s throw it in now…

I know it sounds ridiculous to see him suddenly (I think not) kissed her just because he wanted a prove from her, even after she said she believed him. But apparently because he was not sure that he trusted and also loved her.  His love life with the ex-es made him did not believe in love. He also once said that all the tears from his exes were fake but he knew that HJ tears was sincere eventhough he could not say it to HJ. Also JW needs support from Hj after people around in the company left him, and he thinks love and trust from HJ are the most important ones right now. What Park told him to runaway again made him brave to fight and to not surrender from finding SJ then he needs HJ beside him. In preview we see that he is confidently meet prof Cha in his class to prove he is not crazy. His appearance is fresh and full confidence also does not look tired, perhaps it because he has enough sleep or because of HJ love and support? Maybe...

So, if we say that he should chase her after he completed the quest and find SJ, this drama should be extended untill eps 20, right? 

@imels it’s not that they need to wait longer for the kiss, or that he is supposed to finish the quest and find SJ first, IMO it’s the way the writer wrote out the romance, it's the writer's fault for not fleshing it out and building up the relationship, so now she realized we are in ep 11 and no kiss, and just gave it, so the impact was not as good, IMO it couldve had a bigger punch. It’s not about having more episodes but about building both the game/and the relationship simultaneously, so that the whole story is well rounded, well paced and realistic...

You are right in saying that if he really loves her he would TRY to sort things out first- that is what he has been doing for the past year!!! Trying to sort things out so that he can stand in front of her with pride and honesty. Exactly why he even pushed her away on her birthday. Because he didn't want her to get involved with him when he is such a mess. He is ambitious which is why kept fighting on by himself.

But that phone call from Director Park completely broke him. To be investigated for the murder of your former best friend was the last blow. Any one else would have given up untill now, but because JW is ambitious he wants to fight on. What he realises is that he can't do it staying away from HJ any more- he tried it before but failed. He is now thinking to himself maybe this wonderful woman will give her the strength, his relationship with her will give him the courage to sort things out and not the other way round.

Very often people form lifelong bonds when they are at their lowest not when everything is sorted out and going smooth. Isn't that also when you also get to know for certain if the person you are with is someone to keep or let go?

@rita96 and to everyone who are debating me, I think you are all misunderstanding me...on paper because we know everything from JW's point of view and we know what he has been through, yes he has motivation, but it is how it was delivered by the writer is what made it have less of an impact for me...

I'm not saying that he should've fixed everything and then came and find her I'm just saying that the moment and the build up to the moment didnt seem realistic to me...of course people build bonds when they are going through it and that is how you know if someone will be with you through thick and thin or not, he didn't have to fix everything to have a romance with her, but it was the build up to the moment that fell flat for me....it could've been written better taking account everything that had happened prior to the moment...as @sanika mentioned above, it was the timing...

I know when it comes to OTPs and kiss/romance scene's people can be a little too protective, like a mother and her child...so we can agree to disagree...

EP12 was much better IMO and I'm looking forward to the next few episodes

I'm happy they gave us a little bit of a background on Su Jin and Dr. Cha's relationship...I don't know why Su Jin agreed to marry him, especially right away after her divorce to Jin Woo....

I'm more excited for the upcoming episodes now that we know for sure Prof. Cha has nothing to do with the game going rogue, because if he was behind all of this he wouldn't be so shocked when he saw zombie Cha!!!

I was surprised that it looked like some guy went to get the lens for him, so he had the lens as well? but never played the game? at that moment, I honestly thought something will go wrong for Jin Woo and zombie Cha wouldn't appear...especially when he kept telling him to prove it....

but he appeared and Prof. Cha was shocked therefore it means he is no longer a suspect...

I liked how JW told him to basically leave the country and let him continue with the quest if he wants to survive...

New suspects, CEO Park and Su Jin...

I think they knew that Prof. Cha is ruthless when it comes to the company and therefore they used him to get everyone out of the way while they take over....

aaaaand finally, Emma meets Emma....I can't wait to see how all this will unfold to help JW finish the quest and finally find SJ

• Like 6

DRAMA: Memories Of The Alhambra Ep. 12

Original Article: [osen] "Final Quest".. 'Alhambra' Hyunbin, Forms An Ally With  Kim Euisung 'Shocked'

0003932360_001_20190106221940441.jpg?type=w540

0003932360_002_20190106221940488.jpg?type=w540

0003932360_003_20190106221940511.jpg?type=w540

Screen%2BShot%2B2019-01-06%2Bat%2B10.02.24%2BPM.png
1. +1915, -431 Ah it's developing really slow... They dragged the first half, I could just watch the last 10 minutes..
2. +1195, -32 Since there are 4 more episodes left, the storm begins now ㄷ ㄷ  When Emma and Heejoo met, I had goosebumps
3. +1139, -34 As expected Emma has an important hint. I enjoyed seeing the Professor's expression today!! Fun
4. +748, -6 Ah seriously that oppa that's like family please stop showing up.. 
5. +474, -17 Hyunbin's voice and face are crazy ㅠㅜ
6. +210, -10 Please make it into a 40 episode drama
7. +172, -3 Professor, you now have to deal with thunder, lightning, rain and the music~ ㅋㅋ
8. +159, -15 I'm thankful that the SKY Castle moms always have their makeup ready. When Park Shinhye does her makeup, it'll take 10 minutes off the drama. 
9. +116, -3 I'm even more annoyed that tomorrow is Monday. How am I supposed to live for the next 6 days
10. +34, -0 Is Emma a healer who's able to perform resurrection? Save everyone again~ Secretary Seo ㅜㅜ
11. +34, -3 Ah I'm so freaking annoyed because of that oppa that's like family to her
  • Like 7

After watching this episode, I am convinced that Lee Soo Jin and new CEO Park have been working together.

1. From Yu Ra, we heard that CHS suspected his wife to cheat on him. He thought that JW was her lover... as CHS had betrayed him before. He thought, JW would do the same to him.
  2. Then we also discovered that she had an affair before her divorce... for 6 months.  When CHS asked her to marry him, she had just been divorced (1 month). JW didn't know why but on the day, CHS left the company after being slapped by his father, LSJ had actually no intention to marry CHS. However, the latter kind of forced her because CHS leaked the info about the affair.   
  3. On the other hand, we heard from Park that CHS had been drinking a lot lately and wasn't doing so well, although LSJ was pregnant.
  4. Another clue is CHS's reproach towards JW: he criticized him for the way he treated his wife. He neglected her aso. Here, LSJ could have used the same trick with Park: her husband was an alcoholic, would be neglecting her aso. 

I have the impression that professor Cha might have known about the affair before JW discovered it that's why he had an argument with his son. He called LSJ a richard simmons because professor Cha thinks, SJ had an affair with JW.

What professor Cha doesn't suspect is: Park. On the other hand, he mentioned the remarriage between SJ and JW as he thought, both were having an affair. However, he made it in the presence of Park... Imagine the irony, Cha wanted to test JW but didn't realize that the real "culprit" was Park. Then he mentioned to Park about the story he heard from YR... thinking it was JW. But Park could have been in fact the one cheating with LSJ. Yet, he discovers from professor Cha that CHS was indeed the father.

Notice that Park knew that CHS was playing the game, just like JW. He was still in touch with both. Besides, how could Marco and SJ have JW's cellphone number? In my opinion, Lee Soo Jin manipulated JW letting him think that the real villain is professor Cha in order to avoid any suspicion. Moreover, the way director PArk's reacted, when he received a call from HJ in the episode 11, he looked like he expected a different outcome with JW: his death. Now professor Cha's life is linked to JW's life... Moreover, Park is unaware what JW intended to do with the investigation.

I've always said that the game was a way to get rid JW and CHS. By turning JW into the murderer of CHS, everything is solved. Director Park is now the new CEO. Then LSJ can inherit the shares from her husband. It was Park who told JW that professor Cha intended to take CHS's inheritance. But what if this wasn't true?

However, this isn't everything... There must be someone else involved in the game... someone who could change the original game into a murder weapon. I might be wrong but KSB is my suspect. The way he tries to describe JW as a bad man doesn't sound right. The fact that he claimed that JW might have killed SJ was a clue for me. Then he followed HJ to Seoul and remained by her side, maybe he was thinking that SJ might call or visit her. 

JW is still thinking that the game has an error... I hope, he is wrong and realizes that this was much more than a game.

My theory might be wrong... but who cares, since it is fun to try to figure things out.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

it seems real death happens only from real granada creations..

All three deaths happened in Granada: Marco found dead in Granada woods, Cha jr. - on the bench in Alhambra park, Secretary Seo in Granada Station. All three returned in the game as zombie characters. Except secretary Seo, the other two have some unresolved issues to settle. 

Jin Woo first login was in Granada. Cha jr. also played in the game in Granada until he died in duel. He is shown engaged in a fight with Aragon guards and reaching level 4. Marco implicitly is a Granada creation. 

Secretary Seo gained this feature of being considered a Granada creation by his alliance with Zinu. 

However, Jin Woo had an interesting conversation (while witnessing what it seemed to be the game opening and engaging in level 1 fights) with the IT guy who said "I don't think the smart lens can keep up with the game", and further on referring probably to the allegedly game creator Se Joo "Do you really think that he made this by himself?" [...] And referring to the game creator "He's either a genius or a lunatic. Or maybe he's both"). Smart lens seems to come with an in-ear wireless/Bluetooth device (both developed by J-One, TV ad), a detail that did not show up later on. Re-watching first 2 eps, seems that SeJoo was more likely dealing with game design (see the sketches on the wall: anatomy details, characters design, costumes details). 

The end of episode 2 (fighting scene in the train while returning in Granada for the dungeon quest) is raising some interesting aspects: "A year ago what happened to the future I predicted to to Hee Joo? I got half of it right. The other half...I got it completely wrong"

Still processing which part was construed completely wrong. 

• Like 12

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

After watching this episode, I am convinced that Lee Soo Jin and new CEO Park have been working together.

1. From Yu Ra, we heard that CHS suspected his wife to cheat on him. He thought that JW was her lover... as CHS had betrayed him before. He thought, JW would do the same to him.
  2. Then we also discovered that she had an affair before her divorce... for 6 months.  When CHS asked her to marry him, she had just been divorced (1 month). JW didn't know why but on the day, CHS left the company after being slapped by his father, LSJ had actually no intention to marry CHS. However, the latter kind of forced her because CHS leaked the info about the affair.   
  3. On the other hand, we heard from Park that CHS had been drinking a lot lately and wasn't doing so well, although LSJ was pregnant.
  4. Another clue is CHS's reproach towards JW: he criticized him for the way he treated his wife. He neglected her aso. Here, LSJ could have used the same trick with Park: her husband was an alcoholic, would be neglecting her aso. 

I have the impression that professor Cha might have known about the affair before JW discovered it that's why he had an argument with his son. He called LSJ a richard simmons because professor Cha thinks, SJ had an affair with JW.

What professor Cha doesn't suspect is: Park. On the other hand, he mentioned the remarriage between SJ and JW as he thought, both were having an affair. However, he made it in the presence of Park... Imagine the irony, Cha wanted to test JW but didn't realize that the real "culprit" was Park. Then he mentioned to Park about the story he heard from YR... thinking it was JW. But Park could have been in fact the one cheating with LSJ. Yet, he discovers from professor Cha that CHS was indeed the father.

Notice that Park knew that CHS was playing the game, just like JW. He was still in touch with both. Besides, how could Marco and SJ have JW's cellphone number? In my opinion, Lee Soo Jin manipulated JW letting him think that the real villain is professor Cha in order to avoid any suspicion. Moreover, the way director PArk's reacted, when he received a call from HJ in the episode 11, he looked like he expected a different outcome with JW: his death. Now professor Cha's life is linked to JW's life... Moreover, Park is unaware what JW intended to do with the investigation.

I've always said that the game was a way to get rid JW and CHS. By turning JW into the murderer of CHS, everything is solved. Director Park is now the new CEO. Then LSJ can inherit the shares from her husband. It was Park who told JW that professor Cha intended to take CHS's inheritance. But what if this wasn't true?

However, this isn't everything... There must be someone else involved in the game... someone who could change the original game into a murder weapon. I might be wrong but KSB is my suspect. The way he tries to describe as a bad man doesn't sound right. The fact that he claimed that JW might have killed SJ was a clue for me. Then ke followed HJ to Seoul and remained by her side, maybe he was thinking that SJ might call or visit her. 

JW is still thinking that the game has an error... I hope, he is wrong and realizes that this was much more than a game.

My theory might be wrong... but who cares, since it is fun to try to figure things out.

@bebebisous33 very well said, I actually suspect Park by the scene when he was watching the news over CHS and YJW, the way he reacted is supspiciously calm, like he knew it would happen, but my limited English is not good enough to describe my thoughts and you said it all, applaus!!! 

And it's so sad that we have only 4 eps left.... 

• Like 8

My POV on the recent 2 episodes....

epi 11: I slept smiling after that hot and steamy kiss ending... i was worried for once if my not-a-baby-anymore girl can pull of a kiss with my first-ever-love-who-converted-me-to-korean-drama-oppa’s level of kissing scene expertise..!so glad she did it...! That part were she just opened her mouth and take everything he gave was JUST HOT!

Spoiler

And my mind was replying back in my mind when he asked to to prove him...I don’t think it its just the kiss he wanted....he is a divorcée to begin with...the guy has a need you know..! Hahahaha:D

Epi12: i just love all the screen time with just the two of them... the smile that kills Hyun Bin...!!! Reallyyyy! I am in one with you asking to give Shin Hye a bad-richard simmons butt kicking role...i am sure she can pull off those stunts...Hee Joo should be a stronger ally to JW. I love how she can make him follow her...! Love how he is letting her lead him...! How tables have turned..! Kyopta...!!!

my fear on the next episodes and ending... JW gets killed in the game, saves SJ, gets Emma but loses HJ...and that in the real world, HJ gets her brother back but can only see JW virtually, in game or in hologram...! My heart will completely broken..! Hoping i am all wrong...! Chaebal!!! 

Now why is it not Saturday yet again...?:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

5 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Hehehe ... SangBeom is HeeJoo long term secret admirer/Oppa wannabe/shoulder to cry-on/ possible candidate in case JinWoo really go insane LOL

I can read Hee Joo future ady if she ended up with Sang Beom. it will be a misery lol Sang Beom loves her in a wrong way. he thinks he can do everything without Hee Joo's consent just bcz he is a "friend-family like" fufufu

4 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

actually it's 12 years age gap. their age when ep 6: Jin Woo 39yo and Hee Joo 27yo. in ep 11, it's Hee Joo birthday again. so it'll be 40yo and 28yo now hehe Hee Joo is inspired by Min Joo, or simply just want to tease him :wub:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

G'Mornin.... I'll have an Ahjussi coffee thanx :D:lol:

ezgif-1-c20a7053fd82.gifezgif-1-7f0e58174ef3.gif

cr. captainjoonki in tumblr

Update:

[Memories of Alhambra] Ep 12 spoilers, Hyun Bin x Park Shin Hye

Posted on Sunday, January 6, 2019

Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' "Final quest" Hyun Bin forms an alliance with Kim Eui Sung 'shocked' 

1. [+4336,-27]
'Going crazy' party with the professor begins. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2125,-25]
Now he can see his son that he missed as much as he wants. 

3. [+2307,-487]
Ah, the development is terribly slow.. It's to the point where I could just watch the last 10 mins instead. The first half was draggy.. 

4. [+1387,-38]
We have four episodes left. They are going to develop the story quickly now. Emma-Hee Joo's meeting gave me goosebumps. 

5. [+1341,-40]
As expected, it seems like Emma is really holding an important hint. I have enjoyed watching the professor's terrified expression today!! Party fun. 

6. [+873,-7]
Ah, seriously. That oppa that's like her family should stop appearing.. He's cancerous.. 

7. [+616,-5]
It felt so good when they formed an alliance. ㅋㅋㅋ CEO Yoo has suffered during those days. ㅠㅠ

8. [+579,-3]
Form an alliance with that petty oppa that's like her family too. 

9. [+580,-15]
In the middle of all that, Hyun Bin's really handsome.. I was binge-watching Secret Garden, but he's more charismatic and sexy now than 9 years ago. 

10. [+588,-41]
The development may be slow, but because Hyun Bin kept appearing, it's not boring. I like that it feels like a melodrama whenever he appears with Hee Joo. Now, it's time to counterattack.. And my wait for another week begins again. 

Article: Naver 'Memories of Alhambra' Park Shin Hye urges Hyun Bin, "Come home and sleep" 

1. [+810,-20]
tvN made me suffer thrice. In Goblin, I thought that Gong Yoo isn't my style, but I was left struggling. In Mr Sunshine, I thought they were crazy when they casted Lee Byung Hun, but I was left struggling. In Alhambra, I laughed thinking that Hyun Bin is taking another CEO role, I was sick of it, but I'm left struggling... Hoo.... tvN is always... *trembles angrily

2. [+434,-17]
Please, can't you get that coward who keeps hovering around Park Shin Hye to stop appearing?? Does he have connections with tvN's boss? 

3. [+219,-17]
Hee Joo is so pretty when she speaks calmly and elegantly in a low voice. Park Shin Hye did well acting as her. 

4. [+115,-0]
Hyun Bin's dimples are driving me crazy. 

5. [+92,-8]
Am I watching a drama or watching an ad... This is too much... 

6. [+82,-5]
Ryo, Mamonde, Swarovski, Toreta, Kanu, just how many PPLs are there?

7. [+58,-0]
The professor looked pale. I was really happy to see that. 

8. [+61,-5]
What were they doing? Yesterday's and today's episode. 

- [+4,-1]
Exactly. Looks like the predictions were right. He formed the alliance with the professor at the end. 

9. [+56,-3]
When Hyun Bin moved his head slightly and asked him to walk away without doing anything, he was so cool... 

RATINGS

DwQSGVCVsAAu8Kf.jpg
  • Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KymberleeD said:

Reveal hidden contents

And my mind was replying back in my mind when he asked to to prove him...I don’t think it its just the kiss he wanted....he is a divorcée to begin with...the guy has a need you know..! Hahahaha:D

my fear on the next episodes and ending... JW gets killed in the game, saves SJ, gets Emma but loses HJ...and that in the real world, HJ gets her brother back but can only see JW virtually, in game or in hologram...! My heart will completely broken..! Hoping i am all wrong...! Chaebal!!! 

omg this is my real fear. I make a scenario like this, very exactly, yesterday afternoon when I re-watch ep 11 :tears: hoping we are all wrong dear, I'll take a long hiatus if once again I find the lead actor is die :bawling: I mean, not Jin Woo pls

• Like 3

Nawww sorry Seju your still lost somewhere .... 

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So true, Ive always been suspicious of Park liking SuJin as well. The writer is so good in throwing so many twists. Seeing Prof Cha truly panic in fear is hilarious but it also makes me wonder that maybe he isnt the culprit afterall. With Prof Cha being so lethal in both his words and actions its no wonder they turned against them all. Im not saying that I agree of their actions only that I understand them.  Park has always been sidelined by CHS, Prof Cha and even JW. He works just as much as they do yet he doesnt get the recognition that he thinks he deserves. He mustve felt angry and jealous at the same time and allowed his greed for power to take over. 

1 hour ago, KymberleeD said:

my fear on the next episodes and ending... JW gets killed in the game, saves SJ, gets Emma but loses HJ...and that in the real world, HJ gets her brother back but can only wait see JW virtually, in game or in hologram...! My heart will completely broken..! Hoping i am all wrong...! Chaebal!!! 

NOOOOOO to sad endings please... I want to see JW get his life back. This game has been so dangerous and taken over his life. Only HJ was able to bring in him some "normancy" (if that's even a word lol!) 

Ok the wait for next week begins AGAIN! We will see 2 PSH's :heart:

ezgif-1-09bb56ffa53c.gif

EXCITED MUCH? I know someone will be :D

ezgif-1-634dcc82c806.gif

cr https://twitter.com/hajer_ss7

• Like 11
  • LOL 4

Hello to all of you! I just saw episodes 11 and 12, and come here to spawn my little commentary, as usual.

There are too many things I liked to be able to comment on everything, and I'm not going to go through these last two episodes quickly to remember what.
On the contrary, I will assume that what has impressed me most has remained in my memory. Then let's go!

The kiss scene.
JW is really at the bottom of the abyss, he's just finishing the phone conversation that ends him. After losing everything, he learns that he will also be sued, and that Pr Cha wants his richard simmons kicked.
There is really only one person left who can believe in him.
The first part of the dialogue comes down to this, he enumerates to HJ how totally lost he is.
From there comes a moment out of nowhere, with that little incomprehensible side that makes it a great moment.
- prove to me that you believe in me... you don't know how? OKAY.... Kissss............... I kiss you, and if you don't move and kiss me too, I'll have proof...
It sounds strange, and many people on this forum have noticed it, and maybe even haven't accepted it. I love that kind of thing! A scene with a counter-direction.
It was not written like this by chance. This is a major scene in the drama. Not the kind of bistro conversation you throw around on the take-away. The author had to weigh each word, come back several times, and find the best turn for this scene, even if it was something disturbing. The reasons are not necessarily all calculated. This may come about because of a very strong subjective impression on the part of the author, of something that escapes her, but it is imposed in her mind.
For a man who has been betrayed by everyone, who has lost everything when he should not have, proof seems to me essential, so as not to lose the only thing he could have left.
A kiss, an intimate proof, that's not a lie.
It's interesting to see that HJ doesn't react, she's not the one who kisses, she gets kissed, then only then she answers (very) favourably. The man takes the initiative, it's a little normal ;-)
The scene is fabulously well shot. A dream scene in the rain, by the river, at night. He drops his cane, she grabs his jacket several times, she drops her umbrella, forwards the music, close-ups in slow motion. We feel the poignant side well, and love a little tragic.

The server turns off or on again.
It's really not much, but I really liked the very simple way of filming the server room, quite imposing, with the lights going out from one place to another. The plan shows complete symmetry, which has the particularity of causing psychological discomfort. There is a little touch of 2001, a space odyssey, with this classic way of filming, in a fixed shot.

The sniper scene.
In a completely unexpected way, the game starts again at the worst possible moment. Stopped at a police roadblock, a game sniper starts shooting the JW in the car. I loved this twist so much, coming out of nowhere. The scene is also essential because these last two episodes show the game much less, and it is necessary to show that it is still there, hidden behind.

Doubts about why and how
We still learn that even Cha junior's appearances are dependent on the server's activity. This contradicts my previous interpretation of the drama. I may have been wrong, there is still a slim chance that the irrational and the fantastic will not be involved. What if it's a gambling related nervous problem? Once connected, the game modifies the ability to perceive, becomes like a virus grafted onto the brain's biology. That explains the death by cerebral hemorrhage. What happens is in the players' imaginations, but has become real for their nervous system, which can lead to death. That would explain the aftermath of JW. They are not real. Out of the game, he limps, but in the game his nervous system returns to normal. It is a kind of inversion of the wounds he suffers in the game, and which disappear when he comes out.

Professor Cha connects to the game.
I've already enjoyed all the scenes where Professor Cha (Oh Sung-Moo bis) is a cold bastard. The actor is so good at being a bad guy. The scene surprised me. Even in the depths of trouble, JW finds a way to concoct a plan that holds up. Here is Professor Cha, a level 1 character, who will see an army fall on his face, in addition to his zombie son. Okay, Professor Cha, now maybe you'll stop being a bastard, and shake for your balls.
JW didn't tell him how dangerous it would be. What could be more normal, Professor Cha betrayed him and is about to destroy him. This is not the time to worry about his health.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Hehehe ... SangBeom is HeeJoo long term secret admirer/Oppa wannabe/shoulder to cry-on/ possible candidate in case JinWoo really go insane LOL

Even if JW really gone insane or died, I forbid HJ to be with that KSB!!... He's just too hot-headed, immature and unwise person :angry:

6 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

when she said she will call him ‘ahjussie’ because he’s an old man... lmao..

this drama breaks the record of being subbed 3 hours after aired.. daeee bakkk... 

and now the loooong awaiting and I will be on different continent next week..

I think it's 12 years difference... but going by your example, it's still nothing :lol:

Are you going to Spain again? Granada perhaps? :P

4 hours ago, lduc said:
8. +159, -15 I'm thankful that the SKY Castle moms always have their makeup ready. When Park Shinhye does her makeup, it'll take 10 minutes off the drama.

This is soooo funny :lol:

2 hours ago, KymberleeD said:

I have the same fear also in that it's not going to be all smooth sailing from now on till the end. Considering there are still 4 episodes left, I think there will be another major twist that set JW back. I really don't believe things will be all going his way just because he's got Prof.Cha to believe him. And most of us think Prof.Cha isn't the villain now...

@bebebisous33 with the latest development, I agree that SoJin and Park might have something going on, whether or not with the game/company. Park did check out her condition at the one-year anniversary of Cha's death. In flashback we saw that Cha thought SoJin is meeting JW, so we know she is meeting someone, but YR said it's not JW, therefore it must be Park. Prof maybe suspected that as well, which is why he invited him along when asking JW and Sojin to get back together, then also when he told him that he had DNA tested for his grandson. Then Park was worried for SoJin too, so he was asking JW to leave the country to avoid the re-investigation from happening. So yeah, something more is there between Park and SoJin. But I still hope we're wrong and that Park is a true friend to JW... It also seems that Cha really loves SoJin...

In preview, we saw that SJ was reconsidering about selling the game. I wonder why... SJ and Marco was in that same cafe, judging by the tiles and chairs, so they were in Granada together. They had their fall out then because Marco walked away angrily from SJ. Could Cha have requested them to tweak the game somehow to the way he wanted, which is not in good direction? That's why SJ told JW he didn't want to sell to him because he is such a bad person...?

• Like 13

1 hour ago, gomugomu618 said:

actually it's 12 years age gap. their age when ep 6: Jin Woo 39yo and Hee Joo 27yo. in ep 11, it's Hee Joo birthday again. so it'll be 40yo and 28yo now hehe Hee Joo is inspired by Min Joo, or simply just want to tease him :wub:

It's an Ajusshi romance. ^^

• Like 10