[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

I have a feeling that the scene at Alcazaba Cafe, Let say JW knew that the mission at Alhambra Palace is a suicide if he go alone or two with CityHunter, what if Zinu actually has a chance winning the mission by paying the trio Gypsies as allies with him for the Dungeon Fight... Instead, for the shake of his close friend, Zinu paid the trio Gypsies to find (or save) CityHunter :(

Coz.... I don't think JW is a heartless guy.

But then again,  Zinu should be smarter not to fight alone.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

I have a feeling that the scene at Alcazaba Cafe, Let say JW knew that the mission at Alhambra Palace is a suicide if he go alone or two with CityHunter, what if Zinu actually has a chance winning the mission by paying the trio Gypsies as allies with him for the Dungeon Fight... Instead, for the shake of his close friend, Zinu paid the trio Gypsies to find (or save) CityHunter :(

Coz.... I don't think JW is a heartless guy.

But then again,  Zinu should be smarter not to fight alone.

Yeah it is a suicide quest. 

The fact that JW only travel with SJH, maybe we can accept this since no one believe and understand what they see that CHS is still alive inside the game and will haunt JW forever (and the theory that CHS died because of this game) but yeah JW should be more smarter not to fight alone.

Or at least once JW and SJH arrived at Granada CYJ should monitored them from Seoul. So if anything bad happen to them he can help. It seems that CYJ is not taking this seriously. For example when JW and SJH are separated and SJH crying for help, CYJ can help him from Seoul, maybe giving a health booster or candle fire that he invented and can use for any level because SJH still in level 50. So at least SJH can survive.

LOL that's just my idea how to save SJH, i'm so sad because he died.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sanika said:

That would have been great. But 1) no one has leveled up enough to take along for the quest in his inner circle and 2) after what happened to Sec Seo, I really doubt, JW will let any real person come along with him. My bet is on the pirates from the cafe.

lol.. why real people?

Create bots - multiple bots with login.. for game everything is digital anyways - 1/0

• Like 4

4 hours ago, yeohaengja said:

The fact that JW only travel with SJH, maybe we can accept this since no one believe and understand what they see that CHS is still alive inside the game and will haunt JW forever (and the theory that CHS died because of this game) but yeah JW should be more smarter not to fight alone.

Or at least once JW and SJH arrived at Granada CYJ should monitored them from Seoul. So if anything bad happen to them he can help. It seems that CYJ is not taking this seriously. For example when JW and SJH are separated and SJH crying for help, CYJ can help him from Seoul, maybe giving a health booster or candle fire that he invented and can use for any level because SJH still in level 50. So at least SJH can survive.

guys!!!.. Emma gae him halth points :P

a point from b'ful lady is worth 5000 of game quests :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Phew, I have finally caught up with all episodes...

So I couldn't contain my tears when JW saw Sec.Seo in the dungeon and realized the meaning of those arrows sticking on his back... especially when he just sat at a corner and stared blankly at him fighting those walking corpses :tears:

Will try to back read a little with the discussion so far...

• Like 8

21 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I like how HJ was running towards JW, and he didnt even

wait for her to stop, he already went in for a kiss.

Beautiful.

Yep and I believe the kiss was the reason why JW smiled  :P

Those rolling credits cant hide those cheeky grin :lol:

723ea2f13d03f6fb62664143a5d7174d.png

7 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

The scene of YooRa telling a secret amusing story to Prof. Cha. I cannot help myself imagining YooRa saying that JinWoo actually doesn't like woman. :D

I have a strange feeling that YR amusing story is about why JW married her. That it was only a fake marriage to spite  his exwife SuJin and CHS. JW never loved YR and maybe always avoided her. Which is why Prof Cha became more suspicious that JW and SJ still loved each other and so he had a DNA test on his Grandson. 

5 hours ago, yeohaengja said:

I dont think JW knew the extent of danger this secret quest involved until he reached Granada alone...when he finally opened the message SeJu sent him. Not only do you have to be level 90 and above but also have 4 other players. 

Spoiler

d3d812e179d8437d84e0a2c1cfcb8a95.png

5854554112f2f6833d0f7a6eda6bda8a.png

As to why there wasnt any support from Choi and JOne team.. Im bitter with that too. If anything that team is really hopeless. I thought Choi and his team couldnt see what was happening in Granada thats why they didnt know Seo and JW separated nor that Seo died. 

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Create bots - multiple bots with login.. for game everything is digital anyways - 1/0

Bots will be a good idea but probably they weren't that advanced. Even if they did the bots wouldnt be allowed inside the crypts because it didnt allow anything eg weapons outside of Granda to enter it. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

On 1/3/2019 at 8:34 AM, an-naum said:

Another two days to go... Today n tomorow. Counting days, counting days... Last week we were left with both episode there's a cliffhanger. Hope this week they will give us https://book-of-ra-play.com to sooth our heart. Love and healing sound nice.. Hee.. 

Can't wait!

Edited by valenas
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Yep and I believe the kiss was the reason why JW smiled  

Reveal hidden contents

As to why there wasnt any support from Choi and JOne team.. Im bitter with that too. If anything that team is really hopeless. I thought Choi and his team couldnt see what was happening in Granada thats why they didnt know Seo and JW separated nor that Seo died. 

Bots will be a good idea but probably they weren't that advanced. Even if they did the bots wouldnt be allowed inside the crypts because it didnt allow anything eg weapons outside of Granda to enter it. 

But bots not as weapons.. bots as logins.. its same as introducing new players in the program

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

@stargazer187,

I don't know if it was you or another poster who asked how Jinwoo walked without a limp and how Sec Seo was killed by NPCs. My take on them is here.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/01/memories-of-the-alhambra-on-game-logic

Briefly --

1. In Episode 10, why could JinWoo suddenly walk normal again? He left it by the window when he went to the washroom. And then he jumped off the train at the Granada station and walked around without his cane.

Answer: Because he was in game mode in Granada. He didn’t leave the Augmented Reality because the whole city was now a game destination.

That’s why he said after he killed Cha and began walking without a limp, “Here’s the only thing I’m right about. Granada has really become a city of magic. A crazy city where nothing seems to be strange no matter how messed up it is.”

His absent limp had nothing to do with the healing potion (he didn’t drink it yet) nor his encounter with Emma (he only got 100 recovery points from that).

2. How did Sec Seo die?

Answer: As JW’s ally, he shared experience points with JinWoo.

When he originally joined the game, he only became exhausted after fighting the NPCs. This changed when he became an ally of JinWoo. Both of them understood the meaning of being allies in “normal” game circumstances. So when the AR stated that:

Allies may fight the same opponents.
Experience points gained together are shared.
Allies may exchange weapons and items.

they noticed nothing unusual. It was only when Sec Seo got stabbed by NPC Cha’s sword did it dawn on them that being an ally had a different implication for “Memories of the Alhambra” AR game. 

It meant Sec Seo also fully SHARED the “experience points” of JinWoo. He would see Cha and feel pain as if the injuries were real, not virtual -- just like how JinWoo experienced the game.

But it should be noted that JinWoo always leveled UP; he always emerged victorious in his fight against NPCs, even producing a “killing field” in the abandoned school: one vs the army of NPCs.

And when he leveled up, Sec Seo did, too. That’s why Sec Seo said it was easy for him to move up – because he just followed JinWoo.

However, after killing Cha and gaining Level 4, JW hadn’t experienced virtual death again at the hand of the NPCs. He could NOT have foreseen that Sec Seo would die FOR REAL after being ambushed by NPCs at the Granada station.

All he knew from his previous virtual deaths from NPC (prior to defeating Cha in Episode 3) was that he could logged back in and resume the same level. That’s how he survived the Nasrid warrior in Level 1. Thus, when Sec Seo was being attacked at the Granada station, he thought Sec Seo would simply resume the game with him.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/01/memories-of-the-alhambra-on-game-logic

Also, somebody had posted that JinWoo "killed" HyunSik and his Sec Seo. I say no.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/18/memories-of-the-alhambra-reality-vs-fantasy/

@lduc,

Thank you very much for all the colorful gifs and artworks you've been posting. Although I don't get to see them all, please know that I appreciate them and your effort to make the thread visually interesting. :D Park Shin Hye is looking gorgeous as usual. 

I find her role interesting. Every time the viewers begin to think that she’s irrelevant to the plot, she suddenly appears like the missing puzzle piece to tidily snap the whole picture into place. Just like her going back home to searching through her saved mementos and touristy brochures on the Alhambra. 

This reminded me of her running up the stairs again, instead of racing down. The hive of activity should have been the room where the game servers were located. She could have stayed inside the building and watched the next course of action that JinWoo’s colleagues would undertake. Instead she ran back home and rummaged through drawers and her box. 

The “sane” and “logical” people around her like SangBeom and JW’s colleague warned her that JinWoo wasn't operating in his right mind. If she were only to believe her rational mind, like them, then JinWoo’s actions would seem irrational, too. But as I said before, she doesn’t trust her senses alone, she goes beyond that. That's why whenever everything appears Kafkaesque, that is, utterly absurd and illogical, she comes through for JinWoo.  Hmmm… I’ll have to blog about this later tonight.   

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@sanika Sorry for confusing you:) but with SJ, I meant Soo Jin, the first ex-wife. If it had been the brother, I would have mentioned it. So next time, I'll write LSJ. Since my theory is that the game is used for murder, the list of suspects is

- professor Cha

- director Park Sun Ho

- Lee Soo Jin

- Kim Sang Beom

hahaha....don't worry about it. I am a speed reader. So when I was reading a sentence with "SJ seduced Director Park....." I generally imagine SeJu in the entire sequence you described and then do a double take and realize you were talking about SuJin. I get a good chuckle out of it :P

9 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. why real people?

That would have been great, but the writer has already laid a lot of ground work where the Programmer guy isn't about to interfere with Zinu's profile - He couldn't cancel his alliance with City Hunter nor could he take weapons developed outside Granada, ergo - not by SeJu. He will have to use the pirates to go on his quest with him using the weapons from the Antiques shops. Thankfully Zinu is able to still use his money.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Thanks @packmule3 for enlightening me with your insights. Yes, I'm asking about it before. I like he returns there, at least one thing works well for him. 

As for Seo, I still bitter and always be bitter on his death. Sighhh.... why did writer have to kill him?? Sighh.... 

Yes, he didn't. The game is the culprit.

I also heard that another old friend of mine is asking (in another forum) why JinWoo didn't shut down the server the second he left Sec Seo behind on the Granada platform.  As I explained, it has nothing to his callous indifference to Seo’s death or his depravity, but it’s because he couldn’t have foreseen that either one of them could die FOR REAL at the hands of an NPC. 

Death from being stabbed by Cha’s sword, yes. But death from being killed by an NPC? They didn’t expect THAT since they’ve been fighting NPCs all this time without dying -- in the same way, I don’t expect a sinful slice of quadruple layer of chocolate with fudge, ganache and Kahlua-soaked nuts to kill me even if it’s called “Death by Chocolate” because it's never happened to me before. hahaha.     :wub:

Anyway, after he killed off Cha, Jinwoo always leveled up and he never lost a challenge. Same with Sec Seo, he always leveled up because he was with JinWoo. Thus, as far as JinWoo knew, he and Sec Seo could log back in if they died from an NPC attack --in the same way, he logged back in when he was killed by the Nasrid warrior. The game settings must have changed probably because they were in advanced levels or because he killed Cha.  

Also, as far as I understand it, the game is NOT EVOLVING, as others have conjectured. The game however is UNFOLDING. 

You can see it from NPC Cha’s behavior. He and his equipment are static. Like if the game is evolving, then why does he come after JinWoo again and again with a SWORD when he’s been SHOT over and over again? lol. See what I mean? 

NPCs don’t fight better or smarter and they don’t acquire self-awareness. 

However, as the game user advances a level, the challenge obviously becomes more difficult. For example, JinWoo might have had to kill 70 NPCs in level 89 instead of 50 in level 88. 

That’s why he went inside the restroom again in Episode 10. (lol. I think I read a comment asking why JW kept on going inside the restroom. No, he didn't have a bladder problem. :D)

Previously, when Sec Seo was still alive, he was in the restroom when Cha appeared outside the bathroom. He killed Cha but then he got notified that another enemy had appeared. He thought Cha resurrected so he glanced down where Cha lay. He saw that Cha was still dead but when he turned away, the terrorist NPC appeared and shot at him. 

When he returned to Granada (this time without Seo), he already had the foreknowledge that Cha was going to appear outside the restroom and that terrorist NPCs would swarm the train so he hid in the restroom to buy himself time. After opening his quest, he located the terrorist NPCs and ascertained their number. By doing so, he removed the element of surprise. 

Also, he was wearing a bulletproof vest under his jacket. Dunno if Sec Seo had one.  

Spoiler

q1YpNv1.pnghylwnIj.pngpzAHTxU.png

Weird, however, that he didn't have to leave it at the gate of the Alhambra dungeons. 

Ciao!

• Like 9

Ost 5 release: 6th Jan 6pm KST

"Im Here" by Yang Da-il

Some moving lyrics -

"I will always stand here, always here, in order to keep you safe even if it hurts cold," and "I want you to be like magic at the end of this story." 

I cant wait to hear it. 

0003931152_001_20190104090619350.jpg?typ

cr. https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003931152

and I hope this article isnt misleading: it says something along the lines that HJ will secretly involve herself in the game without JW knowing. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000041260

@stroppyse am I right?  please skim read over the Naver link. The title is building up my excitement:blush:

• Like 9