Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

5 minutes ago, alicenguyen95 said:

is this? cause when CEO Park ask about that story, Prof Cha just stop and talk about he runs a paternity test on his grandson. I mean the writer doesnt include that detail just to be easy explainable like this right. 

I was thinking that Prof Cha said that to make CEO Park stop asking about the story !__! 

if that were the case, then he wouldn't have mentioned Yura in the first place.. why tell park about it when it is something to hide..

pretty sure its the baby thing because prof cha 's words are always calculative.. and there is a reason we got the random SJ scene telling us he is not holding his own grandchild

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, alicenguyen95 said:

Btw, what is ‘amusing story’ that Yuura told Prof Cha??? 

It sounds like a hint for the storyline or a dangerous warning for the couple :/? 

My first thought about YuRa was-why is she meeting Prof Cha in the first place? She seems to meet him only in the Granada hospital as well as here also. She always looked planted to me when all she wanted was money from JinWoo. I have doubts that Prof Cha had planted her and now when the divorce had finalized, she came running to Prof Cha only to hear that 'it was your own mistake'. The story must be about exposing him...

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

I have doubts that Prof Cha had planted her and now when the divorce had finalized, she came running to Prof Cha only to hear that 'it was your own mistake'.

Half of the film is over and the puzzle pieces are still all over the place now. The writer better off to explain a good story underneath the whole intense game :)) I personally do not like some superpower here and there but JW keep repeating about the "city of magic". I am okay with magic, at least it is logical :> 

I hope that the director gonna unveil the storyline well in the next 6 episodes (can't believe that only 6 ep left ;_;) and don't forget OTP Magic Couple too :)) 

I was running out of time with my dissertation but still, manage to pull off to watch this film and joining a forum like this :))) over-addicted to the drama alert :))

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Oh and BTW I just checked, instagram has just exploded with this..lol.. and its not even a full kiss yet..IDK what will happen once we do get a kiss..:wub:

..99A659405C28CC6332

Happy New Year chingus..may we get our answers in the new year!!:wub:

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

Caught up with the lastest episode and I was really hoping JHJ will get herself involved with the game and play the game to find her missing brother along with YJW.. that’s what I thought in the beginning when we were first introduced to Emma. So what is Emma’s role in the game? That’s my question. 

I’m also sad that Secretary Seo died. I didn’t see that coming. It was especially sad when YJW saw him in the dungeon but now as a NPC. That broke my heart.  Why did they have to kill off one of my favorite characters? 

• Like 9
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I can't help but look at the cane falling on the ground :phew: he is going for the 'waist grab-pull closer' kiss :w00t: poor cane is no longer needed.

Haha .its funny.I also think that too.poor cane.B)

At the final scene, I think the savior is not guard or someone.In preview, JW look behind the bars and he look full recover and search someone or something with surprise.If the bar are close that mean game is still on .The time is 29 minute left. Its that Emma? :huh:.In interview Shin hye said that hee joo has healing power.May be the savior is Emma .May be not:open_mouth:.But if its Emma then why writer show HJ searchs something and call to someone.:sweatingbullets:.My head is almost explode with many question.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, siddy09 said:

@stroppyse I trust you on that. Actually now when I think again, 'I  can do better' seems wrong. She is not trying to prove him anything or nor is she trying to say that I am better than your ex-wives..(why would she say that??) Is she competing or something? But 'I am too good for you' means that considering your current situation, I am actually in a better shape than you..so it makes sense..

Hi @siddy, okay, actually, having thought about it, their translation probably has a similar meaning to the way I translated it. By "I can do better", HJ means to say that she can get a better man than JW, not that she HJ will be a better gf to JW.

Anyway, HJ is still being very cheeky about it, which I totally like. :)

As for the episode, ugh. Even knowing that Sec Seo was dead before I watched it, it hurt to see him dead. And the tears in JW's eyes as he sees Zombie Seo appear to kill zombies for him. Still, I keep wondering if Sec Seo, HS, and Marco are truly dead, or if JW will be able to complete a quest that "regenerates" those people somehow as someone else had alluded to. But given that real life people outside of the game are seeing these people dead and that so much time has passed with various bodies being corpses, I do think that they are dead. If so, this is definitely the darkest drama this writer has written.

It didn't surprise me to see the zombie NPC's in the game, given the popularity of zombie shooting games. :) Still, when JW was being overrun in the dungeon, I could feel myself getting tense, wondering how he was going to be saved this time. I expect that HJ will have called her friends to go find him, and the light that JW sees at the end are their flashlights, and thus JW will be saved since non-player people seem to be considered unavoidable obstructions by the game elements.

Anyway, that was another fast hour for the episode.  So, 6 more episodes to go to resolve the mysteries of this game, find Se Joo, and advance a slow burning romance between HJ and JW. Given all that is happening in the game, though, I hope that the real world stuff with JW being fired as the CEO and a potential company takeover doesn't take up too much of the upcoming episodes. Though, given that JW and Park now think that the game creates real casualties, the game can't be released and the company is going to go into bankruptcy, so it's good that they're addressing that.

Also, a bit more clarity on Professor Cha and his intentions would be appreciated since right now, he just seems like a cold-blooded meanie. He was actually disappointed to find out that his grandson is actually his grandson. Ouch.

So, to finish this post on a good note, I'm looking forward to HJ and JW interacting face to face next week, and hope the kiss that happens is magical, too. :D

• Like 14

Guuuuyzzzz I dont know about this anymore....how could they kill SEC SEO I was hoping he survives seriously!!!:heartbreak:

This episode left me like...

giphy.gif

WOOOOW I dont want to try to guess theories or anything anymore...I feel like sitting back and letting the writer tell her story..... don't wanna try to hurt my pretty head trying to figure anything out!!!!

The game as someone said is a death trap....

after loosing Sec Seo I just wanted JW to finish the quest and find SJ I didn't want them to shut down the server or save him because Sec Seo will be dying in vain!!!!

I guess the villain of the game will be found outside the game and not inside playing it!!!

You know who I suspect now? Director...especially when Prof. Cha said that he is checking DNA of the grandchild and the way he said it it was almost like he was telling Director that he was suspecting him....if Director is really involved no one would suspect him since he is friends with both JW and Dr. Cha

these previews are simply the writer trolling us, I can't believe still no SJ....and it was all a dream sequence.

so to comfort us from Sec Seo dying the'yre giving us an almost kiss scene in the preview!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@siddy09 thank you for that zoom-in kiss scene. I can't help but look at the cane falling on the ground :phew: he is going for the 'waist grab-pull closer' kiss :w00t: poor cane is no longer needed.

He's holding his phone in that hand though, he can hold both her and the phone I guess 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, siddy09 said:

This not Memories of the Alhambra..this is..

Lol..no wonder Netflix picked it up considering the amount of horror flicks they sponsor...

Also the zombies looked like someone plastered their faces with talcum powder..poor CGI...not scary at all!

LOL. I hated the zombies. They were ugly. But i'm also not a fan of horror movies/dramas and i dont like dark, very poorly lit scenes. Train to busan was acceptable because the zombies were out in broad daylight hahahaha

@gm4queen Cha died, we have no idea what happened to SJ yet. Huhu

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ratings jumped to 9.2% !!!! 

I gotta say, I'm still halfway through the episode and although I've been waiting for the romance to move forward since the writer specifically categorized this drama as  romance and our two leads are on the poster, I fail to see how it'll make sense in the next episode for them to kiss,  like SJ is missing and and Sec Seo is dead so why would they decide to kiss ?? is it JW just asking for comfort from HJ in that way ??? if it is just for comfort camouflaged as romance, I don't think I will like it.:(((

• Like 9

There were so many things that were dissatisfying in this episode. I almost didn't want to watch it after reading the spoiler about our dearest secretary :(

- When Prof. Cha told Director park about the paternity test, he said that the grandchild was truly his blood. He didn't say anything about the child being CHS's. I found that strange. What is he truly implying? Why were CHS and SuJin scared of Prof. Cha?

- Why didn't JW open the quest scroll when the train was approaching Granada the first time like he did on his way back? Maybe they wanted to grab a bite to eat and stretch their legs before they went on the quest. Had he instantly opened it, they would have been better prepared for incoming enemies. Poor Secretary Seo:(

- JinWoo stopped limping after accepting the quest from master. He was able to ditch the cane till the quest ended. Probably that's why he is shown to be using the cane in the preview again. Did SeJu try and help JinWoo as he knew JW won't be able to carry items from outside Granada?

- What was the bloody point of Emma? This is making me more angry as I type. The writer hasn't given a meaty role to HeeJu. I was fine, as I had expected Emma to be the wild card. In fact, it was the pirates that had a more interesting role! Was her sole purpose to make JW focus on the quest and to stop being distracted by his missing secretary? like REALLY???

"I'll wait for you."

You have had a conversation with Emma

100+ Experience 100+ Recovery

That's it???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! What was this, a coffee break??????????

- JW was offline after he entered the underground crypt. Could it be possible that Seju is still active in the game but not detected on the server? Has he been stuck underground for the past year? Or did her go and hide in his Nuna's Little Cabin in the Forrest :P ?  How is he getting access to food and water? One of the first things SeJu did was to ditch his electronics. Did he have access to JOnes's game lens? In the Barcelona conference, JW talked about the possible launch date of the lens being delayed to make more content. Without the lens being available in the market, how was SeJu able to create a game based on them? If he did, who provided it to him? There is a possibility that he could have been a tester for the lens before launch. I would be interested in ironing out this detail sometime in the upcoming episodes.

- I really felt pity for Director Park. He was practically begging HJ to tell him that she thinks JW is sane. He is really in a tough spot. If JW is telling the truth, his friend is in mortal danger and the company will go bankrupt due to the flaw in the game. On the other hand, if JW is hallucinating, that means that his friend is mentally unstable and he will lose the company he help build from scratch. And now he has received JW's will and heard that Secretary Seo is dead.

- The moment JW saw NPC Secretary Seo was so heartbreaking :(:(:( He would have probably let himself been killed, if HJ hadn't thought quickly on her feet and called for backup from the security at Alhambra palace. She also had her passport in hand and was probably heading for Granada immediately. If they shut down the server before JW completed his quest and got him out, he still has a chance to log back in and finish the quest in the remaining 30 mins . In the preview, there is a short scene of JW in the underground crypt looking around and being surprised. Wonder what that is about.

-After today, I am starting to think that the people who died - Marco, CHS, Secretary Seo , were all killed by a real person outside the game. Marco's body was decomposed, Prof. Cha refused autopsy for his son and now Secretary Seo. Their deaths have been implied as the consequence of being in the game but there hasn't been any physical proof. And there might a probability that the actually killing and the creation of rogue NPCs are completely independent feature. 

The writer better have a good LOGICAL explanation about all these mini-miracles and nightmares that are happening all over the game! I honestly can't see how anyone would be in any state of mind for romance after what has already happened. We will find out more next year I suppose.

On a lighter note, why are bows missing from the weapons arsenal? Would have been useful before getting the gun and for long range attacks.

v8uy0ole8h721.jpg

Also, the one episode HeeJu managed not to cry, JinWoo had to step in :P. Is anyone keeping a tally?

ezgif-4-136378e3ef39.gif&key=031d429c07e

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

At work but counting days.. May the force be with us. 

Imagine we were the people watching the player playing... I wonder, do they look insane? Fighting by themselves? Ha ha.. 

I wonder how Sec Seo body was found later in the bushes? Just as Marco's deep in the woods. However, Dr Cha just at the bench in the park. All of them connected to JW. I like the idea - the game was plan to trap or kill JW. By that, the game can be consider safe for other user. The game is too good to put it away. 

• Like 4

memories.png

[Memories of Alhambra] Ep 10 spoilers, Hyun Bin x Park Shin Hye & Min Jin Woong

Posted on Sunday, December 30, 2018

1. [+4511,-22]
Ah, Secretary Seo is the most pitiful. He took care of Yoo Jin Woo so much, but he died.

2. [+2660,-26]
Wow... I have no idea how will the story develop in the future... I'm not sure if he will meet Se Joo in the dungeon, Jung Hoon died and became an NPC... This episode was just chaotic. It's really interesting and I watched it without realizing the time, but my heart hurts so much.

3. [+2468,-17]
I had a mental breakdown!! Secretary Seo continued to protect Jin Woo even after death, that made me tear up. Jin Woo has to live in guilt now, my heart hurts so much. I teared up while watching.

4. [+1366,-12]
Hyun Bin's acting gave me goosebumps. Please save Secretary Seo.

5. [+722,-19]
Secretary Seo became Zombie Seo.

6. [+579,-1]
Secretary Seo.. When he requested for alliance, he smiled brightly while suggesting that he might be able to help him.. Even after death, he's still helping him... Save Secretary Seo. Scriptwriter, please don't do this. What wrong did Secretary Seo do? He was looking for Se Joo who he has never met before and lost his secretary..... Ah, this kind of feels like W. The manhwa character lives, but the manhwa artist in reality dies.. It reminds me of that.

7. [+572,-3]
What was he feeling when he went down into the dungeon after writing his will... He is someone who is just like his brother, but he died because of him and became an NPC.... My heart hurts so much..

8. [+399,-4] Hyun Bin's acting is the best. I could feel those emotions when he stared at Secretary Seo while crying.

9. [+493,-3] But Marco and Cha Hyung Seok were killed by players, that's why they died. Secretary Seo was killed by NPCs in the game, why did he die in real life....

alhambra12.png

1. [+317,-1] When Secretary Seo fought the zombies with arrows stuck in his back, why does it feel so sad? Yoo Jin Woo stared at him with soulless eyes made my heart hurt too... In the middle of all that, Hyun Bin's acting was so detailed with his eyes, he's so cool.

2. [+172,-2] Secretary Seo is pitiful... Look at him protecting Yoo Jin Woo after he died just like how he has always done.

3. [+138,-0] Hyun Bin sitting there soullessly broke my heart. Hyun Bin is now perfectly Yoo Jin Woo. 

4. [+131,-0] Ah. This is sad~ They shouldn't have killed off Secretary Seo..

5. [+32,-1] Hyun Bin tearing up while staring at Secretary Seo soullessly made me do the same too...... Isn't the scriptwriter crazy?? How is Yoo Jin Woo going to live on? Are they going to kill everyone around him?~~~~~

6. [+15,-0] Do you have to kill him?!!

7. [+13,-0] This is the first drama that made me hope that the final episode is a dream.

8. [+13,-0] The villains of this drama seem to be Prof Cha and the oppa that's with Hee Joo... Prof Cha told Jin Woo that he's on his side, but he's trying to kick Jin Woo out of his CEO position. That oppa hovering around Hee Joo seems to be after something and is crazily obsessed...

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Let me just gather my thoughts cause that was such a heartbreaking episode. 

First of all, what was the point of Emma ?? does she do anything ?? This was the first time JW spoke to her and that's all she could do for him ??? Take care I'll wait for you and that's all ?? And what is the point of HJ ??? Please I love PSH so much I was so hoping she would do something especially after last week's episodes, she's the love interest sure but her job shouldn't be just waiting and crying and translating spanish for god's sake !!! I was hoping she can be part of the game, be a cheat code with Emma of some sort, LIKE COME ON WRITER-NIM WHY DO THIS ??? 6 episods left is there any hope for her character ?? 

On the other hand, Director Park, I said before that I don't trust him, cause he kept insisting that JW is insane, no matter what, but today's episode made me see something else, he really does look concerned for his friend ,and the company, I understand his point of view but, he seems very influenced by Prof Cha ( I hope he shows he's  on his buddy's side though) , and the latter is just so creepy, sure the company for him is first and last, but the way he talks as if he's ready to abandon ALL for it, he even did a paternity test on his grandchild !!! who does that ??? And what the hell did Yura tell him and why is her character important to the story ??? One of you may have said this before, but I think the Cha SJ was talking about in the phone call with JW is Prof Cha, not HS, he now shows it easily that he has no affection for his son much less JW, there's gotta be some part of the puzzle that's missing and will somehow make everything that's happening right now make sense.

And Finally, Sec Seo, poor Sec Seo, he was just so loyal even in death, the way JW's face lit up thinking his buddy is finally here to help and then how his face fell when he realized he's actually dead now, HEART BREAK I tell you, ( Hyun Bin's acting was TOP in this moment). The way JW kept looking at him with such an empty expression, still not believing, the guilt and everything, while Seo was still fighting and defeating all those zombies, PLEASE BRING HIM BAAAACK, he doesn't deserve this.

I can only Imagine what JW's mental state would be after that, he must be devastated, drowning in guilt, especially if after all this trouble he gets out of that dungeon with nothing at all.

Concerning the romance, yes I'm waiting for it, yes I'm excited for next week's kiss, hopefully it'll have a good motive and surroundings, but I'll say this, PSH and HB better star in a another drama again, they have so much chemistry and I would love to see it replicated in another work.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2