[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

15 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Happy new year :D

I don´t really have any theory because things are so unpredictable in the game...at the beginning I was trying to come up with some explanation but whenever a new episode comes out this is what happen to my theory: 

Therefore I have decided to just enjoy the ride...and read other people´s theories.  :lol:

I´m looking forward to the romance...it might as well happen now or never.

HAHAHA! yes I threw out all my theories after each ep but then I try to make sense of this too.

tenor.gif?itemid=3316515

I did say try, expect the unexpected is what Im reminding myself to do. :P

ezgif-4-06fe7cce1bfc.gif

cr. https://twitter.com/zsinz7

And the romance better happen now. Love the slow burn romance and I understand why its needed but Im just as eager to JW and HJ explode and take their chemistry to the next level :wub:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

HJ went to the company so YJ would explain the game to her.

And he confused her even more.

Or, maybe, he confused himself...

And, then not even mr. Park was of any help.

But, HJ is a smart girl.

She doesnt have to be in Granada to help JW.

• Like 8

Hyunbin oppa's driving me crazy hahaha

I need to reset my email i cant remember my account pswrd.. Shame on me.. 

Thankfully i can join this amazing thrd with you

This drama is getting more complicated.. So excited every week..

Yet.. I can't even understand why Seo JH must die.. So sad..

• Like 4

:w00t: Just finished watching ep 10 now and speechless. Love the surprises and the plots and the stories and more zombies, my hand automatically hit playing button for Michael Jackson "Thriller" song .. when you know that scene at the dungeon.

Alhambra Palace itself is full of murder stories, so I expect this drama will have lots of ghost stories hahaha LOL.

Seriously I need to re-watch ep 10

• Like 3

Happy New Year Y'all:wub:! Saturday seems so far.

My feelings towards MoA closely mirror those of JinWoo towards the game:

In the beginning when he first discovered and played the game, he was immediately captivated and enchanted. The more he played, the more addicted he got. Then came morbid curiosity,, when things started to go haywire with CHS dying and reappearing as an NPC. [Actually, by definition, an NPC is a Non-Player Character. But CHS was a real player, who died and was reincarnated(?) as a character in the game; won't it be more accurate to call him something like a Previous-Player Character? :phew: ] Followed by the disappearance of SeJu and shocking death and reappearance of Secretary Seo. With each level, there is a sense of trepidation of the unknown. A twisted kind of fascination that is one part obsession, one part dread and one part regret. But one is too deeply entrenched to get out and is in for the whole ride till the train, figuratively or in reality, wreaks!

After episode 10, I am at the dreading stage, where I am afraid for more twists similar to Sec Seo, but I can't quit!

The disconnected server:

I have been wondering about this since the last episode. Secretary Seo went offline from the main server when he removed his lens at the train station, but he could still see the NPC swarm. Whereas company lost contact with JinWoo when he entered the underground crypt. The three months JinWoo was leveling up at the abandoned school, he had asked Programmer Choi to create a "safe space" for him. During this time, JinWoo and Secretary Seo were "disconnected" and "offline" on the main server, but still had access to the all the game features. What is the possibility, that a similar thing is happening right now? That, as soon as he accepts the quest to enter the crypt, JW enters a "secret/alternate/hidden space", [Can't call it safe for obvious reasons! :crazy:] running on an independent server created beforehand? This would enable the quest and game location to be a "secret" from the rest of the players. Either there are pockets of this "alternate game space" that is pre-programmed, not to be detected/indicated on the main server or that there have been 2 games that have been running in parallel with each other without people noticing - One running with the lens and another with another electronic device, unknown as of now. Maybe these people were one of the few which agreed to get micro-chipped like some of the Swedes. [Yes, I know, I am desperately trying to hang on to the assumption that there will still be a logical explanation without any supernatural or magical element!]  

The interrupted quest:

The difficulty level of the quest is high. There are approximately 30 mins left on the clock. JW is better aware of what to expect when he enters. It recommends that the player enters with a team of minimum 4. Also, weapons from outside Granada aren't allowed. I am predicting that before entering the crypt next time, JW will buy more weapons from the "Antiques shop" he trashed before to arm himself and hire the 3 pirates:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: from the cafe to accompany him on his quest. He also has the trump card of having an unexpected ally in N/PPC Seo. There is also Emma [I really don't know if I should have any more "high" hopes for her after last the episode though ...-_-] she might be important after the quest to heal the injuries or something, I suppose.<_<

Actually, it will be interesting to see if in the real world, NPC Seo will protect JW from NPC Cha.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 12/31/2018 at 1:17 PM, enigmatic_zephy said:

does anyone else see the scene in preview where HB is not bleeding and looking through the prison

bars and he is not brooding..Did he go back into the dungeon after being healed.. doesn't look like healing is possible so soon

I noticed the scene too. I think it is immediately after he is rescued by the security of Alhambra palace and he "logs off". He is able to see the inner sanctum of the crypt and possibly a new clue(?)

On 12/31/2018 at 2:11 AM, katakwasabi said:

But Emma. Oh Emma.

She sat there with her guitar, conversed a bit in her echoey voice and disappeared. The thing is she said nothing benificial in the slightest. Why writernim why? Why did you think it was ok for Emma to say nothing helpful for JW to complete his quest? You made Emma as a marginally useful NPC if not completely useless. 

Emma could have warned JW that only Alhambra weapons can be used in the dungeon. She could have told him to go to the shop and buy more weapons, and thank her later. Oh Emma! You had so much potential. So so much potential huhu

I blame the writer for this lack of development for Emma. Theres 6 episode more. Maybe Emma is the game overlord, who knows right? Hahaha

So much this! I almost wish he was not shown to interact with her at all!. Atleast I would be under the illusion that the NPC Emma had a much more important role strategically. In fact, this interaction would have been perfect on the night JinWoo leaves for Barcelona after his stint at the hospital on HeeJu's birthday and much more poignant. That he gets to tell Emma things he can't disclose to HeeJu. *sigh* What a wasted opportunity!

On 12/30/2018 at 10:42 PM, stroppyse said:

The previews are total trolls, for sure. They get us all excited and anticipating something, then make it a dream sequence or something. Part of me wishes they would stop doing that. On the other hand, it's a way to keep SJ in the forefront, I guess, without actually showing him.

I thought the near kiss was to quieten the hordes of fans who are demanding some progress on the romance????  :DAnyway, I don't think it makes up for Sec Seo dying, but it does give us something more to talk about other than that Sec Seo died. :(

I'm totally with you on this one. This drama has chosen to introduce new elements pretty much every episode. On the one hand, that forces us to re-evaluate the story and the actions of the various characters, namely JW. However, it makes for some frustrating watching since it means that we can't really be certain of anything.

Having said that, I think the only thing that would severely make me mad is if the WHOLE drama becomes a dream sequence that SJ is having. Because I think endings where everything in the drama is just a dream is such a cop out.

+1 to all the above!

On 12/31/2018 at 6:50 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Anyway, I am still convinced that the real attempt was to murder someone. So far, professor Cha seems to be the main suspect. Then I had added director Park and KSB as suspects. Now, I am wondering if SJ could be behind it and seduced Park in order to get rid of CSH and JW.

I am really sorry, but in most of your posts, I read SJ == SeJu and end up being hilariously confused :P

On 12/31/2018 at 10:02 PM, wenchanteur said:

I am currently in a frantic race, devoting every second of my free time to writing W season 2, reaching episode 40 (20 hours of theoretical filmed content). In short, nothing else matters in my life anymore, but I still manage to free up time to eat quickly, go to the toilet, take a shower, and post one or two comments here. Sleeping annoys me and wastes my time, and if I do, it's to keep my mind sharp and not to deteriorate the quality of writing.

Sorry for cutting in, but I just wanted to say that I am always envious (in a good way!) of people who can write original content. Good luck with your project! Hope you do finish and submit it to MBC. As they say, Go Big or Go Home. Fighting!

On 1/1/2019 at 5:15 AM, enigmatic_zephy said:

but he already explained they are not able to overwrite original feature at all.. so original geo tagging in the original program's reference database clearly can't be manipulated :P

Instead, i would have just created multiple logins :P and sent a troop of people to help him

That would have been great. But 1) no one has leveled up enough to take along for the quest in his inner circle and 2) after what happened to Sec Seo, I really doubt, JW will let any real person come along with him. My bet is on the pirates from the cafe.

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

HJ went to the company so YJ would explain the game to her.

And he confused her even more.

Or, maybe, he confused himself...

Unfortunately no one is talking about this scene. It was pretty adorably creepy and nerdy. Programmer Choi was fanboy-ing, flirting (and failing miserably) and nerd-gasming about SeJu's game all at the same time! Poor HeeJu was so confused. But it must be the first time she has truly realized that her brother has created something amazing and mind-blowing and at least for few fleeting moments, felt really proud of him. She hasn't had time to process this as she was too worried for his safety and reeling from JinWoo's betrayal to let that sink in.

• Like 5

Another two days to go... Today n tomorow. Counting days, counting days... Last week we were left with both episode there's a cliffhanger. Hope this week they will give us something to sooth our heart. Love and healing sound nice.. Hee.. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, sanika said:

So much this! I almost wish he was not shown to interact with her at all!. Atleast I would be under the illusion that the NPC Emma had a much more important role strategically. In fact, this interaction would have been perfect on the night JinWoo leaves for Barcelona after his stint at the hospital on HeeJu's birthday and much more poignant. That he gets to tell Emma things he can't disclose to HeeJu. *sigh* What a wasted opportunity!

I'm still hoping she has a more significant role in the game. Maybe she will reappear as a vault keeper or something. She needs to be something more than just a pretty face in the game. Emma has been too hyped up and heavily promoted, i expected her to be more than just a sitting, one-dimensional character huhuhu

• Like 8

@sanika Sorry for confusing you:) but with SJ, I meant Soo Jin, the first ex-wife. If it had been the brother, I would have mentioned it. So next time, I'll write LSJ. Since my theory is that the game is used for murder, the list of suspects is

- professor Cha

- director Park Sun Ho

- Lee Soo Jin

- Kim Sang Beom

• Like 7

After re-watched ep 10, man..... the writer is so smart playing with our emotion, yeah sadly, Adios Amigos CityHunter !!- I really didn't want him to be a Zombie tho, but as long as a good zombie, CityHunter can stay help Boss Zinu. *Tears* really need a loyal friend like him.

The scene of YooRa telling a secret amusing story to Prof. Cha. I cannot help myself imagining YooRa saying that JinWoo actually doesn't like woman. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 4